• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
  • Charlie stood there in front of the pokemon center on both of his legs and one of his arms, panting with blood running down his left cheek. Piloswine was suffering underneath the titanous Ursaring, of whom held a blank stare with no emotions waiting for a command like a puppet.

"Mudbomb and then Icywind!" Charlie shouted, breaking the temporary silence.

The Piloswine drew it's body tighter and more compact.

"Child's play, Ursaring" his opponent simply spoke with no inflection in his voice.

The Ursaring reacted and sprung up into the air just as the swine recoiled, launching a bubble of mud towards it's opponent. He then merely swung his arm behind him and impeded the mass with a short Shadow Claw. The ball shape quickly unravaled, the Ursaring was emotionless, and Charlie just smirked. The Icywind was beginning to take effect and the muddy gunk around Ursaring's paw begin to harden. Ursaring grimaced at the drop in temperature as he flailed his paw about to shake the mud off. Piloswine scored a direct Takedown. Charlie had succeeded and had become energetic once more, however, his stolid grandfather stood there observing with a dour expression. No command at all was spoken; the two pokemon were fighting by there own freewill.

The Ursaring lounged towards Piloswine only to miss him because Piloswine pulled back. Charlie's pokemon easily scored a clean hit. Ursaring was struggling to fight. The Piloswine continued his streak by blasting mud underneath the bear. Ursaring slid.

Finally, Charlie's grandfather spoke up, "Pathetic! Can you fight with all your life! His pokemon may be an embarrassment, but he is fighting with all of his meaning! Fight or I'll abandon you."

A tear fell from Ursaring and passion burned. Piloswine charged. Ursaring pounced. The two collided and then fell back. It was a double knockout.

(OOC: Still working on it >.>... IT GETS EPIC... wait for it... meh.......)

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • ((OOC: I'm getting sleepy, so if I repeated myself a little bit (or a lot) or wrote sentences that didn't make sense... I've got a reason. Still, this is really quite a long part...))

<Long time no see. How are things with your new trainer?> a familiar voice asked him. Raichu turned around to see his, well, current idol. Even if she was a pre-evolution of his, she was so strong and self-assured that it didn't matter.

<Well, I'm not sure if she sees me as her Pokemon yet...> Raichu said self-consciously. <And that Hoothoot's a little bit... odd.>

<I told you to stop it already,> Burr hissed. <People are allowed to be however they want, okay? Stop judging people from your pedestal or whatever.> Burr stopped as he felt a tremor in the ground. Up ahead, a Diglett popped up through the ground and stared around at them curiously. It was frightened off with a Leafeon, but then the tremors started up again, more strongly, and a rather angry Dugtrio burst forth. He could tell it was rather angry because of the cracks appearing in the walls and floor.

He skedaddled without another word, not wanting to be caved in. Raichu, just a little slower on the uptake, was right at his heels. Being an Electric-type did not bode well for him at the moment. Tock was actually ahead of them, unimpeded by cracks or other people or Pokemon. She didn't like being in a tunnel under normal circumstances, but being in a tunnel that was about to collapse rankled her. Even so, she had that rather distant look in her eyes that gave the impression she wasn't even really thinking in the here-and-now.

Burr had to resist the urge to look back to see where Sar was. He had to trust that she would get out somehow. He couldn't help her. If he went back, he would most probably die, and Sar would definitely not have wanted that. So he ran. Back to the Pokemon Centre, and probably into the arms of PXS. There was still a better chance of surviving there, than here. Still, it was a very, very slim chance either way.

<And we were almost out, too!> Raichu shouted.

<Too bad! Now be quiet and move faster!> Burr yelled back. They had to get out.

"Sure, hope is all we've got right now," Josh muttered before, strangely, smacking himself on the head. Hope? He thought she had hope? Sar glanced at him but realized that this was a pointless action because of the light, or to be more exact, the lack thereof. She wasn't being optimistic. She had meant that they had no other option, and to give in or surrendering meant to die willingly, rather than die fighting. She'd take fighting over acquiescence to idiocy any day. However, if Josh wanted to take it that way, then she would let him do so. Everybody needed illusions and dreams to keep them going, after all.

"We have to get out of here!" The voice belonged to that girl; the apparent leader of the Uprising. She saw the Dugtrio and the cracks it was causing to spread through the tunnel, and clenched her jaw. If there was some higher power controlling their fates, he would be laughing his butt off at her predicament. She'd almost made it through, dammit! She was fighting deliriousness, dizziness, pain and despair all rolled into one. She'd actually managed to hold them off quite well until now. With her leg as it was, though, she'd never be able to make it out of that tunnel. Sar just hoped that Burr, Tock, and even that eager little Raichu would make it out of the tunnel.

Still, like she said, she would die fighting. Turning around, she grit her teeth for the hundredth time that day, prepared herself to face a huge amount of pain so that she could run... before being yanked by her arm onto something hard and reassuringly moving in the opposite direction to the Dugtrio.

"Wha...?" Sar said dumbly, blinking. When she recovered her wits, which took a lot longer than it normally would, thanks to the encroaching pink fog that represented the unconsciousness that threatened to overcome her very soon, she recognized Josh's form. They were on Stone. A minuscule part of her was grateful that she wasn't going to die, but the majority of her - a majority that she would later blame on her dizziness as well - was furious.

"What the Hell are you doing, Josh?! I'm not disabled or helpless! I'm not a damsel in distress that needs to be swung onto a Lairon and carried away from danger! I'm not some fragile lady that was wailing for help! I don't need 'saving', and I don't freakin' want saving!" Okay, so most of that was a pack of lies, except for the last bit. Still... "I hope you don't expect me to thank you for making me out to be some needy, good-for-nothing, incapable-of-the-smallest-action princess. Sheesh, I should've expected this, shouldn't I? Like yesterday, when you dragged me around the Pokemon Centre and forced me to accept help," she said, shaking her head. Was it only yesterday? Felt like so much longer than that, really.

"I just... argh, you're so... so... why do you assume I need help? Do I look or act like a helpless moron to you? Do you believe me unable to do anything? Is this because I'm a freakin' girl? I'd have thought that your sister would've gotten any stupid notion that we are weak individuals out of your head, considering she seems capable enough. I can look after myself!" Just for emphasis, she smacked him upside the head. Gently, though, because this was Josh. Since she was quickly running out of things to say, she took to muttering about how stupidly 'noble' he was being, and exactly how pointless the entire exercise was. She only ever spoke this much when she was really mad.

She leaned sideways so that Josh wasn't blocking her view of the Lairon's head. Unfortunately, to do this, she had to hold onto Josh for balance. "Thanks, Stone, for carrying me. I can't imagine how you put up with this kind of unthinking idiot all the time," she said softly. You had to pay respects to the Pokemon. The owner might have been a complete jerk, but it wasn't the Pokemon's fault. Then she sat back, letting go of Josh's waist, and just seethed. She had ignored the chaos and falling boulders in favour of getting everything off her chest, seeing as how PXS had almost certainly taken over the Gym and they were heading right into the enemy.

Perhaps, if she hadn't still been fighting the urge to just fall unconscious, she would have started suspecting that Josh had seen her limp. However, since she was, and was also busy trying to hide the fact behind the rant, she remained oblivious to it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Just shut UP," Josh snapped his head around, almost whipping Sar with his ponytail. "Idiocy? Are you freaking kidding? Yes Sar, I know you don't need saving but since I thought 'hey, since you can't exactly run, let alone walk properly, with that leg of yours' - yes Sar, I saw your leg," he added when Sar shot him a funny look. "I thought you may have not wanted to die. Jesus Sar, you are just like Ashleigh."

He breathed heavily through his nose, fuming. He was sick and tired of being treated like a kid just because he wasn't the eldest or he enjoyed being happy and wasn't a solemn and stuck up kid. He remembered Ashi acting exactly the same way when they were kids. Although, Ashi wasn't as cold as she was now, she completely blew up when she almost fell out of a tree and Josh caught her by the arm. She fell back onto him and Josh himself almost fell out, and Ashi had to help him up. She told him he was a stupid kid who should stop being an idiot. Usually, Josh just sat and take it but he couldn't stand it. Why was he treated so unfairly?

"Why is it such a problem getting helped? Because you can't stand sympathy? Is that it? You can't be tough all the time Sar. You have to stop and let it all out at one point. You can't always be the strongest. You can't always be the hero. You have to be the other way around at some point. You... She just has to stop being such an idiot," Josh's voice started to dim and a lump welled in his throat. "She has to stop risking her life and just get the hell home." His thoughts started to drift before he snapped out of it, his anger returning.

"Well I'm sorry I'm such an ass but I just saved your life. So think about it."

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • "No, I'm not freakin' kidding!" she yelled back. The fact that he had seen her leg had her taken aback for a moment, but she soon recovered.

"Why is it such a problem getting helped? Because you can't stand sympathy? Is that it? You can't be tough all the time Sar. You have to stop and let it all out at one point. You can't always be the strongest. You can't always be the hero. You have to be the other way around at some point," Josh bit back.

"I don't need anyone! I don't want to need anyone! I don't want pity! And I never acted like a hero. I wish people would just mind their own business, and leave me alone!" Sar screamed.

"You... She just has to stop being such an idiot. She has to stop risking her life and just get the hell home." At this point, Sar realized she'd touched a nerve. The anger wasn't necessarily about her, but about the situation. Still, she was far too outraged and indignant to care. "Well I'm sorry I'm such an ass but I just saved your life. So think about it."

"I don't want to, okay?! I feel like acting like a complete idiot! I deserve to sometime in my life, and I choose now!" It was getting much harder to fight threatening unconsciousness. She was barely aware of what she was saying. "I never asked you to do it! You gave me no choice, dammit! I hate not having a choice!" Her father. Everything came back to him. Whenever he ordered her around, she tried to find an alternative and took it. That man would shoot his own daughter to please the government, even if he was working as an illegal arms dealer. What kind of sick, twisted...?

"And I don't see why you would even bother in the first place!" She was blinking rapidly by now, forcing herself to swim against the tide of pain sweeping her into blessed darkness. If she gave in now and fell asleep, she would probably never wake up again. She was going to be lucid when she died or her name wasn't... well, rather embarrassing. Her mother named her. And then the woman just left them both. She'd never been worth much to anyone; there was always something more important. For her mother, it had been flowers. Flowers! And for her father, it had been control, aliens, guns and orders. People were idiots. Sar was an idiot by default.

Rosary Camellia Ryan. If she made it out of this alive, which she almost certainly wouldn't, she would have to tell somebody that this was her full name. Mortifying. But, well... she would like somebody to know. Only two human beings in the world knew, and they wouldn't give a Raticate's tail about whether she was still breathing or not. She'd like somebody to know that wasn't directly related to her. It would be a nice change...

She cursed softly under her breath. She was drifting again. With a monumental effort, she listened to what that Josh-kid had to say.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "And I don't see why you would even bother in the first place!"

Josh could feel all the suppressed anger he had kept over the years starting to surface, but he didn't care. What did she know anyway about feelings and emotions, she acted as though she had none. And she was doing it again, trying to push him around as if he was a kid. He was sick, sick of it all. Who cared if he died, what else was there for him to go to? His sister cared mildly about him, enough for her to go killing herself over. She probably only saved him because if Josh had died himself, she would just send herself on a guilt trip until Mum and Dad found her and then she'd probably kill herself, like now. Josh had pretty much lost the little hope he had left. The light at the end of the tunnel was growing brighter, back to the gym. They still had to climb up the trap door and back to whatever was waiting for them. It completely pissed him off to know that they had gone down here for practically nothing.

"Because," he almost spat, "it might be hard to see through all this idiocy of me and all my stupidness, unlike you, or my stupid sister I actually care about people. It's been a whole stupid, effed up day but yeah Sar, I care about you. And at the moment, the most important thing to me right now is making sure you don't die."

He knew she'd probably murder him herself but who cared. They were gonna die anyway.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • The second Sue had hold of the gun she dived back behind the cover of the wall, a barrage of bullets shot past her as she sat down her back to the wall. The PXS began to advance up the stairs again guns ready to shoot at the first sign of movement, neither Sue or Paul had any idea how many PXS were in the house but they both knew that there were more PXS that there were of them. Zeal popped his head out of the hatch again launching another ice shard, Paul managed to look in time to see the Sneasel launch the attack, to him it looked like the Pokemon was beginning to tire because it took longer than normal for the ice to form in front of his claws. Paul turned to Sue to say something but before he got chance she had dived out of cover again and was a firing the sub machine gun down the stairs.

"Sue." Paul said when she dived back for cover "I think Zeal is tiring."

"Yeah I know but I can't do anything about it." Sue shouted over a burst of gunfire. The footsteps started on the stairs again, this time much more carefully, the clicking of guns being reloaded and the shallow breathlessness of the anxious PXS climbing the stairwell, expecting to at any moment come under fire. Sue stuck her right hand round the wall down the staircase emptied the clip without even looking, a few yells form the staircase followed, and then chucked the useless gun on the floor.

"Frost." Sue said to her Castform, "It's not far to the Pokemon center from here, go get help. If you go out the back and go straight on to the roof you shouldn't be seen." The Castform shook it's entire body up and down in what Paul assumed was a nod and floated into one of the back bedrooms.

"Zeal!" Sue shouted, the Pokemon responded by jumping from the hatch and landing on the floor out next to Paul. "Help Paul, I want the two of you to find the biggest, heaviest thing you can carry and bring it to me." Paul pushed himself to his feet as Zeal vanished in to a near by room, Paul followed him. It was another bedroom, Zeal was already pulling a wardrobe across the room, Paul went to help him but instead Zeal pointed to TV set on a stand nearby. It only took a minuet to disconnect the TV set by which time Zeal had mover the wardrobe out of the room by himself, all the time more gunshots went off outside. Carefully Paul carried the TV to the door, he was just in time to see Sue kick the wardrobe down the stairs on top of whatever PXS may be trying to climb up, as soon as the wardrobe started to fall she stepped back into the safe zone behind the wall. Sue saw the TV set Paul was carrying, took it off him and threw it down the stairs too, it smashed with a rather satisfying bang. She peered round the corner, gun ready, to check on the PXS and seemed satisfied that at least for the moment they were safe from the PXS. A sound in the back room startled Paul, but it was only Frost and Bolt, who seemed to have came along to see how Paul was. Immediately Bolt went over to Paul who began stroking her.

Gun fire and then a scream came from behind Paul, he turned round to see Sue clutching her chest, blood pouring from a bullet wound. Zeal was already in midair launching himself off the wall, he hit the man who had shot Sue with both feet, knocking him down the stairs with a series of sickening thuds. The Sneasel hung on all the way down tearing away at the man by the time they had reached the floor the man was unrecognizable. The remaining PXS attempted to shoot Zeal but his anger made him too quick and he managed to get back up stairs unharmed. Knowing that this was their chance the PXS began to move up the stairs once more but were confronted with a miniature blizzard. By now the PXS felt more than fed up with the stalemate so they retreated out of the house. At the top of the stair case Paul stood next to Bolt the two of them both looking down at the chaos left in the wake of the battle, Paul turned to Sue.

"We need to get you to help." was all that Paul could say to her.

"Paul just go, I have my Pokemon to look after me and help is on it's way. Don't risk your life just go." She cried. Paul stood up trying not to cry and looked down the stair case once more. A small green object flew through the door way of the house, then less than three seconds later the whole house was shaken up.

Paul came round to see Bolt licking his face, he had been thrown into the wall by the blast and was knocked out. He turned round to face Sue but she was already dead and her Pokemon had already fled, how long had he been unconscious he thought to himself as tears formed in his eyes. No now was not the time to cry, he had to get out of here. The stair way was blocked by flames, the wardrobe had easily set fire, that meant the only way out was to climb out the back. As quickly as he could Paul went into one of the back rooms and looked out the window on into the garden. For a moment he considered using his bandages to climb down, before he realized that they would be too short. Then he noticed something, a small circle of ice it was a pond right under the window, who exactly has a garden pond in a place like this he thought, well at least it would soften his landing. With one last look he climbed on to the windowsill and did a straight jump down into the water below. The ice cracked and gave way under his weight and he plunged into waist deep water, it was literally ice cold and though the side was only a few feet away Paul didn't think he could take three steps. Some how Paul managed to drag himself to the side and climb out of the water. Waiting for him near by was Bolt who had made a much more graceful journey down. Without waiting Bolt set off in the direction of the Pokemon center, Paul could do nothing but follow.

(OOC: Sorry about my serial idleness but I have had some serious personal problems.)

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • "Because, it might be hard to see through all this idiocy of me and all my stupidness, unlike you, or my stupid sister I actually care about people. It's been a whole stupid, effed up day but yeah Sar, I care about you. And at the moment, the most important thing to me right now is making sure you don't die."

Sar scowled at his back. "If I'm so cold and uncaring about people, then why? Why do you care? Why you? You don't even know me! I'm a complete and utter stranger! I'm rather retarded and contradictory and a huge hypocrite! So how can someone like you care when they couldn't? I don't..." A dizzy spell hit her, and she had to either grab a hold on Josh's shoulders or fall off Stone. She couldn't fight with him anymore. Nor did she really want to. Sure she was still miffed, but the anger was fast sucking up all of her remaining strength. And she had a feeling that she would need it for when they arrived back at the Pokemon Centre.

Besides, where did he get off saying he was stupid? He shouldn't say that. Oh, wait... she would probably have told him that several times, especially just now, but she couldn't quite remember. Still... he shouldn't be allowed to say that. Only she could say that because not being an idiot in her book would mean he was either some kind of God or possibly in a coma.

"... I don't get it. And I'm well aware that I don't deserve it, dammit, so... why?"

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Josh felt Sar grab his shoulders and lurch forward slightly and closed his mouth tightly. Something was wrong with her, he could feel it. He didn't have anymore human healing items unless you could use a potion on a person, Josh had found out himself that they worked, although not as great as they did on Pokémon. They were almost back at the gym anyways, Josh could see the trapdoor and Stone was slowing down as they approached it. He looked behind him briefly to see the others a fair bit behind, with Invisi helping them. He'd almost forgotten about the Staraptor.

"... I don't get it. And I'm well aware that I don't deserve it, dammit, so... why?" Sar said, her voice fainter than before. Josh stared at her with a concerning look. She looked like complete crap. And their bickering wasn't going to make it any better, if not worse.

"Because." He said gently. "Everybody needs somebody. And... I think I need you." He breathed the last part, almost making barely any sound at all. He didn't really want Sar to hear it anyways, she'd probably get mad at him again or something. He stared at her again, and sighed as Stone reached the end and stopped. He looked up the ladder, which led back to the gym, the way which they didn't want to go.

"That stupid Rhyhorn kid is an idiot," he said to himself. They'd have more chance of not going to their doom if he hadn't created such a noise. Although, Josh was a little grateful. If he hadn't destroyed the door, Josh would still be outside, probably dead.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • (OOC: Gosh this is horrible -.-' *sigh* I'll either make another post to keep it moving as soon as I can or just edit it on to this one if nobody else posts (or has anything to post about) kk? :))

Isabel lost every conscious thought in desperation to obey one command.

Run.

And so she did, racing back down the tunnel toward the place they had just so desperately tried to escape from. Isabel dragged the nurse behind her, feeling as the woman's energy quickly faded away. Lum continued forcing back the emerging Dugtrio as the ladder once again entered view. The group scrambled up the ladder, Lum following close after. Isabel slammed the trapdoor shut and released Fay to help push a cart of weights back over it. She knew that it wouldn't prevent the Pokemon from coming through once they figured out where they had went, but Isabel hoped that Brad would know what to do.

"Isabel? Where- why?" Brad hissed, emerging from his hiding place by the front entrance.

"The Dugtrio... are back," Isabel gulped, leaning against the wall for support as Lum and Fay kept an eye on the tunnel door.

"We don't have time for this," Brad said, reaching to his belt and removing a PokeBall and handing it to Isabel. "Use this Pokemon to get some water into the tunnel and wade through it. It should be enough to keep them away with the help of the Uprising's Pokemon."

Isabel nodded and turned back to face the trapdoor with a sigh. Back in they went.

"The Uprising's in here!" "Quick! Infiltrate the building!" "They're not getting away from us this time!"

The voices surged in from outside the door, leaving a wave of unbearable silence in its wake, only broken by the rumbling of the Dugtrio in the tunnel below. The weights began to shudder from on top of the door.

"Everyone, grab a weapon!" Isabel barked, swinging the bag off her shoulder and ripping it open to reveal the assortment of guns she had stripped off the PXS members. She grabbed one and flicked it off of safety, finding cover behind boxes of training equipment. She released her remaining Pokemon and directed them to watch the tunnel door as she carefully aimed her gun at the entrance. Whichever threat emerged first, they could waste no time hesitating to strike first.

There was no more time for mercy.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • "Because. Everybody needs somebody. And..." she didn't hear the last part above the rumbling of the cavern walls. In her mind, she was thinking That's stupid, but kept it to herself. Unfortunately, Sar had probably taken it the wrong way. In her experience, nobody needed her and she didn't need anybody else. It was how the world worked for her. It had been fine for so many years that it became cemented into her brain as law. A law that could not be broken.

But, seeing as how they would probably die now, she let the argument go. There was no time. They were in sight of the trapdoor and the ladder. She squeezed his shoulders as much to gain comfort as to give it. Now she had to make her way up the rungs. Willing her mind to go blank and try to ignore the feeling that her leg was exploding in slow motion, she climbed up. After making it past the trapdoor and into the gym, she collapsed. For several moments her vision swam. Her hearing wasn't impaired though, so when she heard the girl - Isabel - and another guy decide to go back down there and wade through water, she actually felt tears sting her eyes.

She wouldn't make it. Especially not wading through some liquid or other, which completely cancelled out the possibility of using Stone.

Then she heard the other voices, causing her head to whip around so that she could look at Isabel a second before she ordered everybody to grab a weapon.

Sar completely ignored the selection of guns available, whipping out two of her four pistols and aiming it at the door while dragging herself over to the wall. To use a strange firearm that she'd never touched before would just be inviting either a miss or possibly hitting one of the teenagers. So instead of getting on of the more impressive ones on display, she stuck to her semi-automatic guns. A weapon that you didn't know how to use belonged to the enemy. There wasn't any time to reload, so if she ran dry before she died, she'd have to discard it and grab another one.

Just a little further... there was just this one thing to do before going to sleep, either way. Either way, the pain will be gone and she will be swallowed by blackness. But until then, she would be of some help. The Pokemon deserved that much, at least.

In the corner of her eye, she saw Burr, Tock and Raichu facing the door, intent looks on their faces. Well, intent looks on Burr and the Raichu's faces at any rate. Tock looked like she was spacing out again. Breathing a sigh of relief at the fact that they were alright, she turned to the front again, switching the safety catches on her pistols off.

This was probably their last stand. It could be the last time they stood ever. But she had to fight. They had to fight. She couldn't not fight. Fighting, one way or another, was what she had done for her whole life. And it's what'll cause your death, a voice in the back of her mind told her. She ignored it, her grip on the gun tightening.

Perhaps fighting was idiotic but she couldn't help it. After all, she was only human.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • The view of the Pokemon center filled Paul with hope, inside was his dad, and Slash and not too far away the Uprising would be waiting for him ready to leave Frosty George, well at least that was what Paul thought. Following Bolts paw prints through the snow Paul slowly trudged onwards toward the warm welcoming doors, fight the cold he kept going seconds stretched into hours as he made the finally steps across the threshold, into what must be heaven.

Or hell, that was what the scene Paul faced was more like, injured people and Pokemon were every where, those well enough to travel were being treated and preparing to evacuate the town. For those who were hurt too badly to leave a bed or whatever was available was where they would stay, being cared for by the nurses, who had remained in a gesture of defiance against the PXS ransacking their town. The air was humid with the sweat of so many people crammed into such a small warm space, an unpleasant tingling feeling scurried up Paul's arms as his cold hands began to warm suddenly in the hot air of the Pokemon center. Pushing his way through the crowd gathered around the counter, Paul managed to make his way across the room, that only a few hours ago was almost empty. Standing on a chair to get a better look over everyone's heads, took a lot of effort but from his new vantage point Paul was able to see Slash standing near the store room that his dad was locked inside.

A few minutes later Paul had managed to force his way over to Slash, who's initial reaction to Paul was a look of relief followed quickly by a scowl to cover up the fact that he had been worried by Paul being missing for so long, Paul didn't notice. Graham had been let out of the store room and stood looking at Paul who was slumped in a chair, he was angry but his parental instincts kicked in quickly filling him with a feeling of relief that Paul was fine. After sitting there for a few minutes Paul was the first one to speak.

"I know your are sort of our enemy and all but considering everything that's gone on, I'm surprised the Uprising didn't let you out." He paused for breath and to think for several seconds. "Actually, I haven't seen anyone from the Uprising around, they should be here by now." Paul said as loudly as was required to speak over the crowd.

(OOC: It's late, I'm tired, I'm going to leave it there for tonight. Will finish it soonish i.e. when I can be bothered too lol)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • (OOC: Man, I'm way over-do for a crappy post :D Well, here it is)

<What have you gotten everyone into?> Chris gritted his teeth, tightly gripping the semi-automatic rifle, an FS2000 to be exact. Chris had only heard of this weapon from Military use. He never in a million years thought he would've been holding it, hiding behind some boxes while pointing it at a door, in a tunnel under a gym. He glanced over at Dile, who was laying down next to some boxes adjacent to his. Sakura stood next to him, cheeks sparking. Chris forced his eyes away and instead at the door. <If we hadn't been caught up in this whole Katsu thing, we could've-> Chris paused for a moment as his eyes wide. A cold bead of sweat ran down his face as he glanced back over at Dile and Sakura. It was really his fault they were in this mess. If he just left, they wouldn't be in this mess. His hands began to shake along as well as the gun and his eyes grew wide. It was his fault most of his Pokémon were hurt, that Paul had run back out there, and that so many people were gone. He was the one who decided to come here instead of Hoenn. Not because he didn't want to, but because he was scared to go there. If he wasn't so scared he could've saved them all from this.

Chris gripped the rifle harder and clamped his teeth. They could've been traveling around his homeland, battling trainers and winning badges; but since he was too afraid, they were now dragged into a war where they didn't belong. Without even thinking, he let go of the gun so it fell down to his side, and pulled Dile's ball off of his belt.

"Dile, I'm sorry." He murmured, holding back more tears. Dile slowly and wearily looked up to Chris as a bright light enveloped him, a then he was gone. Chris placed Dile's ball back onto his belt. Hopefully, he would forgive him for that. But this was his decision and his fault. He couldn't drag his Pokemon any further into it. He grabbed for Sakura's ball, intent on protecting her too. However, before he could even get the ball off of his belt, the hood on the back of his sweatshirt was pulled over his head.

"Hey!" He yelled, reaching behind him. After a moment of struggling, he dislodged the creature that pulled the hood over his head, only to find it was Sakura. She squirmed free, jumping down and standing on two legs in front of him.

"Pi! Pika chu!" Sakura yelled at Chris, tears forming in her eyes as she did so. She jumped up and into his arms, still crying out.
    "Sakura. I can't I just-"

It was then Sakura did something he didn't think she would. As he held her, she shocked him; shocked him to the point where it hurt. Chris fell onto his knees, vision blurring from the shock. Jadedly, he looked at the Pokémon in his arms who was giving Chris the same look. Without another word, Chris, after attempting a few times, got back up on his two feet and retook his spot at the pillar. However, this time, with Sakura now on his shoulder ( while still hidden behind the boxes), he couldn't help but feel a little more confident.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Josh limped his way up the ladder, returning Stone and releasing him at the top. He secretly wished he had a Pokémon like Rapidash or Dodrio so he could travel a little more efficiently. Sure, Stone was strong and sturdy but he was slow compared to other Pokémon, on account that he had large layers of steel lining his back. He made a great bodyguard though. Hopefully, one day, when Stone evolves, Josh could use his armour to the full extent.

"Everyone, grab a weapon!" Isabel almost shrieked at them, showing them a large range of weaponry she had what Josh had pressumed stolen from the PXS. There certainly were a lot. The fact there was a lot here made him cringe at the thought what else they had. He grabbed the first guns he saw, a set of handguns. He'd never used a handgun before unless you counted at one of those stalls at a fete. He shook nervously, staring at the guns in his hand and looked over at Sar, who was looking maybe not quite confident at the fact that there was another wave of PXS coming for them but the handguns didn't look out of place on her.

"A-Are you ready?" Josh gulped at Stone, who looked up at him with determined eyes. "Because there's no way to turn around." Stone kept staring at him, his eyes completely wiped of fear. This calmed Josh a little, it was typical Stone to charge at things head-on. He released the rest of his Pokémon, who shook themselves off. They weren't fully healed but what else was there to do? Invisi also stood firmly behind Josh, and he could tell Invisi was thinking hard of Ashi. Forget about Ashi, he told himself. She's fine. We need to worry about us!

He turned to look at Sar, and sighed a little. He wouldn't know what he would do if something happened to her. It killed him to know that they were sitting ducks and the chances of dying were pretty much 60%-99.99%.

"Sar? I... I, uh... Sar, just don't die, okay? And anybody else, for that matter," Josh quickly and loudly corrected himself and blushed. "Don't give up hope guys, we have to beat them! We can do this. Probably."

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • "Come back Blade!" Greg called down the tunnel as he retreived the Grovyle. After he and the rest managed to hobble up the stairs back into the gym, the door was immideately slammed shut and a few pokemon gathered around it, ready to pounce should the Dugtrio emerge.

Greg heard something hit the ground, and then what sounded like objects scraping off the ground followed by Isabels' voice, practically screaming, "Everyone, grab a weapon!" He turned to see an opened bag with dozens of firearms contained within it. With haste, he swooped down on the contents and pulled out a single handgun and a shotgun, rifle type... thing - Greg wasn't exactly a gun expert. Wasting no time, he did as the others did and found suitable cover. He crouched behind a 4 foot wall and checked the weapons. After a frantic session of sliding this, clicking that and snapping such and such into place, Greg guessed he was ready.

He didn't try and kid himself, he was aware that if he joined the Uprising he'd have to use firearms at some point. What hit Greg was how soon it had happened. It was only a few days ago that he was just living life normally - now his very life was in peril. At any moment the PXS were going to burst through those doors and quite possibly shoot them all in cold blood. This thought plagued Gregs mind, and he began to quiver with the fear. He would need to try and keep his head together somehow...

He re-released Blade from his pokeball, and said to him in a serious manner, "Should I need you, then you've got to help. If the worst happens," Greg gulped, "then you need to get out of here, as fast as you can," at this he placed his other two pokeballs beside Blade, "and take these two aswell. I wouldn't wish the same fate upon them as I'm more than likely to face..." a small tear began to form in his eye.

Blade listened to Greg, with a look of compassion in his beaded eyes. He stared at the other two pokeballs and then slowly nodded, "Vile," he said quietly.

"...and anybody else, for that matter," Greg swerved his spinning head around to see Josh speaking, "Don't give up hope guys, we have to beat them! We can do this. Probably."

Greg looked around the Gym, at the other members of this seemingly futile rebellion. All of them, in the exact same shoes - teenagers with guns, running from authority and staring death in it's cold, unforgiving face.

This, he realised, was all he had left.

(OOC: Damn, I've not posted in a while =P Let's get this thing on then! xD)

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • The PXS members shouted from outside the building, banging on the door and cursing as they tried and failed to force it open. The sound of voices merely intensified as the door began to glow brightly. Isabel readjusted the gun in her hands and took careful aim on the entrance.

An explosion filled the air, sending red-hot shards of metal flying through the air. A stream of gun-wielding PXS members flowed into the gym around the Flareon that had destroyed the door. One member paused, returning the Pokemon to a PokeBall before sliding back into the ranks.

"Fire!" Isabel shouted, taking aim and shooting a PXS member in the shoulder.

The next few moments were pure chaos. Splitting gunfire filled the air, several PXS members were hit and fell to the floor, unable to take aim on their prey in the confusion. However, the PXS soon regained control of the situation and fell back into their ranks, returning fire on the hidden Uprising members. After several bullets glanced off of the items around her, Isabel was forced to drop down and shift to an area with more cover. A bright flash of light filled the air followed with the explosion of Hyper Beam as it met its target. Isabel looked over and spotted her Eeveelutions. They all remained well-hidden from the gunfire, watching the trapdoor carefully while attacking where they could.

Isabel shook her head and took aim on another PXS member. She should have fled out of the region with her Pokemon the minute the law came into affect like so many other Trainers. She should have known better even then to try and fight against the government and put them all in so much danger. Isabel made a shot and missed. She cursed and motioned Umi over to her.

"Make sure nobody can sneak up on me," Isabel whispered. Umi was the one Pokemon Isabel had no doubt would defend her with as much force as possible.

Isabel crawled slowly across the gym floor, taking care to keep hidden behind the boxes and machines that lined the walls. Once she felt she was close enough to the PXS members, Isabel once again picked up her gun. The sound of Umi growling stopped Isabel short. She had known Umi for her entire life, and she had never once growled like that. Umi sounded uncertain and... confused.

"Get her, Night!" a familiar voice barked from close beside her.

Isabel twisted to the side in time to see a beam of darkness race toward her, slamming her in the stomach and knocking her backward. Her gun clattered across the floor as she curled into a ball, fighting against the wave of dark thoughts that roared through her. Nightmarish sights and sensations flooded over her and eventually ebbed away, leaving her drained of energy.

"Umi?" Isabel croaked, attempting to focus on the dark Pokemon in front of her.

"Not exactly," the voice hissed. A hand grasped her ankle and dragged her toward the direction of the attack. Isabel frantically attempted to twist away and grab hold of her gun, but it was too far to reach. Isabel heard Umi snarl and her claws scrape against the tile floor as she lunged forward, only to be met by a black blur racing in her direction. She turned her head and saw that an Umbreon was now attacking Umi with matched ferocity. The two Pokemon bit and scratched one another, neither one letting the other gain ground.

Isabel kicked against the hand hand pulling her back, but to no avail. She saw, to no surprise, that it was a man dressed in a PXS uniform pulling her toward the entrance of the Gym. There was a gun strapped to his side along with a belt full of PokeBalls. They were in the middle of a war, so why hadn't he just blasted her when he had the chance? Isabel grit her teeth against the exhaustion that overwhelmed her and struck the member with a well-placed kick to the jaw. He fell back, his helmet cracked on one side to reveal a trail of blood. Isabel was stunned when the boy merely laughed, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I have to say, Izzy, you're a lot tougher than the last time I saw you. I didn't know you had it in you!" The boy said, giving another laugh as he took off his damaged helmet and wiped the blood off his face with the back of his hand, revealing his pitch-black hair and crystal eyes.

Isabel recoiled, struck by a deeper sense of dread than that Umbreon could ever give her.

What was her brother doing fighting for PXS?

(OOC: Dun, dun, DUNNNN!!! Geh, I've really got to stop with the fail-posts... I don't think they're good for my colon...)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Pretty soon the door they were all staring at began to glow a bright orange, then came the bang. A small explosion caused bits of ice, metal and debris to lanch in all directions, forcing Greg and the others to hide behind their cover.

As the PXS began to flood the Gym, someone could just about be heard shouting, "fire!", and Greg took no haste in firing his weapon. He quickly aimed and hit one of them square in the chest, causing him to fall back into a few others. Greg pulled the trigger again - but to no avail. He practically fell to the ground and reloaded the gun with a click. Why couldn't he have got one of those machine type ones? He popped his head back up and fired again, not sure if he hit someone or not. He reloaded:

"click"
    "bang!"
    "click"
    "bang!"

He started to get used to the pattern now, wasting little time between shots. He aimed again, only to see a PXS man run up to him with a handgun and fire. Greg threw himself to the side, but still got cut in the shoulder by the whizzing bullet. He bit his lip, and in a mixture of pain and anger, held his own weapon to the man's face. He closed his eyes, "Bang!" He could hear the sound of blood and the body slump to the ground - the thought of it made him cringe.

He slumped to the ground with harsh growls of pain, clutching his shoulder as if it was about to fall off. The pain burned the whole right side of his body, and undoubtedly blood had been drawn. Blade watched in fright as Greg cringed with pain, and scrambled up to the ledge of the wall and fired a Bullet Seed right at the oncoming swarm.

"No Blade! It's too dangerous!" Greg shouted over the crackling of bullets firing an hitting the walls, "Just watch my back!" With another long groan, Greg picked himself up and resumed fire on the PXS. He found it harder to pull the trigger now, and his aim was pretty shaky - but he had to focus, he just had to. The sounds of fire and shouting were deafening.

He prayed it would be over soon - one way or another.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • One by one the PXS entered the gym; and one by one they began to fall. Gunfire filled the air as a state of pure confusion settled in on both sides. Soon, through his confusion, the PXS were able to gain control, and returned fire.

Chris crouched behind the boxes and fired the rifle with short controlled bursts. Bullets and Pokemon attacks alike filled the air on both sides as he fought. Already, a ringing sensation was beginning to form in his ear, muffling all other sounds. Sakura was on the ground next to him, blindly shooting sparks at their opponents. He glanced over at her periodically to make sure she was OK.

Suddenly, a sharp pain formed in his shoulder, causing him to fall back behind the boxes and letting out a silent cry as he fell. Leaning up against them, he observed the damage. Something, probably a bullet, grazed the top of his shoulder, leaving a gash in it. On the bright side (Kind of), the bullet seemed to pass right through, blood seemed to be oozing out of it, and the pain was growing by the minute. Grinding his teeth and with sweat running down his face, he attempted to move it. Luckily he seemed to still have motion with it. He blind fired over the boxes with his free, unhurt arm. As he did so, Sakura crawled up next to him.

"It's alright, Sakura." He panted, wincing from the pain. "I'll be fine."

He grabbed the gun with both hands, doing his best to block the pain mentally, and resumed firing over the boxes. However, the joy of so was short-lived. The rifle jammed almost as quickly as he began firing. Without any cover from it, he was forced, again, to retreat behind the boxes. "Why!? Why?! Why?!" He cursed through clamped teeth as he banged the rifle against the ground, doing his best to ignore the pain in his shoulder.

He glanced around the room, looking for anything he could use to help. Anything he could get to take the enemy out. Anything, that could save them. It was only then he saw Isabel, getting dragged across the floor by a PXS solder.

Instinctively, Chris jumped up and sprinted straight towards the man.

"Leave her alone!" he yelled, diving and tackling the man to the ground. The two tumbled across the floor for a moment before Chris pinned him against the ground. Chris reached for his knife, only to find it wasn't in it's case. Clamping his teeth, he abandoned the idea of using the knife, instead bringing his fist back in preparation for a strike. However, before he was able to do anything else, an unknown force slammed into his chest. The sickly sound and intense pain of ribs cracking filled his mind as he was knocked off the man. Chris tumbled across the floor, coming to a stop flat on his stomach with his arms out in front of him. Wearily, he lifted his head up against the throbbing pain. An Umbreon was stood over him, grinning over its prize.

(OOC: Well... After watching the Matrix... my post seems pretty anti-climatic... :\)

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • "T-Trent? What have you done?" Isabel scrambled backwards, dread rolling over her as her brother smirked down at her.

"Leave her alone!"

Trent let out a grunt, knocked over by Chris and fell to the ground, heading into a a full-out brawl. Isabel saw her brother's hand drift to the gun at his side, only to be finally pinned down by Chris. Night was the first to respond to the situation, sprinting to the aid of his Trainer and struck Chris with a dark beam, sending him flying off Trent. Night slowly pranced over to Chris, standing smugly over his victim. Trent seemed to have a similar idea, pushing himself up and turning to face his little sister. He would be the one to snap the idea of a little Uprising out of the brat's ungrateful head, only to find that she wasn't where he had left her.

Isabel already had her own plans.

"Sakura! Umi! Go help Chris!"

Trent spun around to face his sister, only to receive a cracking strike to his chin. He shook his head to clear his vision, his sister's unsmiling face coming into focus. He rubbed his smarting chin, wincing in response to a surprising amount of pain.

"Same old Is," Trent said with a smirk. "Thinking that she can change the world with a ragtag team destined for failure."

Isabel threw another punch, one that Trent easily caught. He pulled Isabel forward to slam her into a wall, receiving a bony knee in his gut that cut him short. Trent doubled over and coughed, a sharp pain in the back of his neck the last thing he felt before a wave of black washed over him.

Isabel stood panting as her brother crumpled to the floor. She kneeled down beside him and removed the sedative needle from his neck, tossing it aside as she reached to his belt to retrieve Night's PokeBall. She turned to the Umbreon, who, caught off guard, was returned without a fight. Isabel offered Chris a hand.

"I'm so sorry. I-I never should have done this to all of you..." Isabel said, turning her head aside to hide the moisture that was forming in her eyes. She had no problem fighting against a faceless government and corrupt organization that was the cause of so much pain, but how could she go against her own brother?

(OOC: oh yeah, in case Chris hasn't noticed... Trent pretty much looks exactly like Isabel. Just thought I'd point that out.... >.>')

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Beo was the last up the ladder, apart of him wanted to just stay on that ladder and not make a move but he was stronger then that. His body was beaten, bruised, sore, bloody but he would push through he had to for the promise he made to the uprising, and Blaze.

"Blaze were going to get through this!" Beo shouted as he forced himself up the ladder and immediately felt several shots whiz past his head. Beo quickly grabbed a shotgun and some extra bullets from the opened bag on the ground and quickly darted behind cover with the rest of the uprising members. First thing he noticed was something going on with Chris, Isabel, and some guy with an Umbreon. But he didn't have time to worry about this the PXS members had already busted through the doors of the gym and were firing on all cylinders.

"Blaze I need you to cover my back" Beo whispered into his Charizards pokeball as he released it and then quickly fired two shoots from as he rose up from the cover not even watching if he had hit anyone as he ducked back down. Everytime Beo would rise up to fire Blaze would cover him by firing a flameshoot towards the PXS..

As Beo sat there panting running low on energy he noticed Greg who seemed to be using the same technique with his groyvle. Beo thought about saying something to him but knew better then that, he couldn't distract him or himself.

(OOC: Beo's back XD)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Both Sakura and Isabel stood over Chris as he laid on the ground. Wearily he looked up at the two. His ribs and left shoulder throbbed as he did so. Bleeding and bruised on the ground of a gym: not the way he wanted to be seen in any siduation.

Sakura stared at Chris with a worried look, obviously concerned about him. Chris gave her a slight smile to put her at ease. As much as he hated being in pain, he was glad she was OK.

Isabel bent down and offered a hand. "I'm so sorry. I-I never should have done this to all of you..." Isabel said, turning her head aside. Chris couldn't tell if she was discouraged, or afraid, but he hoped it wasn't either.

He reached for her hand with his left. But, as his hand came into view, he saw it was covered in blood. The blood which had ran down his arm from the wound on his shoulder. Quickly, he recoiled his hand back causing a wave of pain to emit from both the old wound on his shoulder and the new ones on his chest. Letting out a sigh to relieve some of the pain, Chris slowly shifted his weight so he could use his other hand. Then reached up and grabbed Isabel's hand. Not for support to get up; he was determined to do that on his own. Instead, he did so for her sake.

"To see right and not do it is cowardice." Chris let out a sigh before continuing. "Isabel. You didn't force anyone into this, it was all our own choice. You haven't forced us to do anything. If anything you've helped us." He let go of her hand, using it to lift himself onto his knees. Sakura used the opportunity to climb onto Chris' unhurt shoulder as he slowly stood up, swaying back and forth for a moment before regaining balance. "The Uprising is the only hope for this region. We can't let it end here."

(OOC: wow. This was so much longer before my computer decided to crash. -.-')

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back