• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Username Challenge Revived

ビデオゲーム常用者

It sucks to be Weegie.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Rio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    The original challenge was done by InfernoRogue

Intro

Hello, and welcome to The Username Letter Challenge. c:
    The idea of this challenge is pretty basic. You take the first six letters of your name, and select six Pokemon based on each letter.Simple, no?
    However, for those with things such as numbers and symbols in their name,do not fret! You are still more than welcome to take this challenge. How, you ask? Say your name is something like Poke219. You can use Pokemon like Pikachu, Omastar, Kingdra, and Empoleon for your first four Pokemon. But what about the remaining two numbers? For this, you can do one of two things. Either use the Pokemon whose National Pokedex numbers are 2 and 1, or you can use the Pokemon with the Pokedex number of 21. If you choose the latter, you will have five Pokemon in your party instead of six.
    For those with symbols such as stars, use a Pokemon of that shape. For example, a star could be either Staryu or Starmie, an underscore may be something like Sudowoodo, etc.
    Those with Japanese names, we have not forgotten about you. If you have Katakana, Hiragana, or Kanji, the same rule still applies. For example, say your username is ウラタビカプ (Uratabikapu). You can use Pokemon like ウインディ (Uindie/Arcanine), ラティオス (Rateiosu/Latios) , タマンタ (Tamanta/Mantyke), ビクティニ (Bikutini/Victini), カメール (Kameiru/Wartortle), and プリン (Purin/Jigglypuff) This means that you must go by Japanese names in this instance. If you have a ー, replace it by the sound it makes like in my case it would be an I sound.
    For Hiragana, replace the Hiragana letter with the Katakana. An example of this is た = タ. After that, just follow the same basic rule. And finally, for Kanji, say you have something like 丸 (Round) in your name. Instead of choosing a Pokemon based on the first letter, choose a Pokemon that goes along with the particular Kanji symbol. So if one Kanji's meaning is round, pick a Pokemon that is round, like Jigglypuff.

Rules

1.) Trading is permitted, as long as you trade them over at a low level, early in the game.
    2.) Hacking in a Pokemon is also allowed, under the same circumstances as the previous rule.
    3.) You are free to do an Ultimate Username Letter Challenge if you wish to do so. Just be sure to notify me of what games you will be using. c: (Just so it's made clear, you do NOT need to do Colosseum or XD for the Ultimate Challenge.)
    4.) The challenge ends when you defeat the Elite Four (in all games except for G/S/C, Emerald, HG/SS, and B/W.) In the aforementioned games, the game ends when you beat Red at Mt. Sliver, or in Emerald's case, Steven inside Meteor Falls. Also, in B/W, the game ends after you defeat Alder.
    5.) You can also do this for the spinoff games Pokemon Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness. (In which case, the game ends after beating Evice or Greevil respectively)
    6.) Legendaries are permitted, but only if there is really no other Pokemon to use for your letter. (Such as Zapdos for Z, while other options could be Zubat or Zigzagoon.) In this case, try to limit it to one, otherwise it wouldn't be a challenge.
    7.) If one of your Pokemon changes it's beginning letter after it evolves, then it can't evolve. For example, If one of your letters is N, and you want to pick Natu, it cannot evolve into Xatu, otherwise the beginning letter would be X, not N.
    8.) Similarly, if you have a V as one of your letters, then you can use Bulbasaur for a while, as long as it evolves all the way into Venusaur.
    9.) You can use HM slaves, as long as they are not part of your 'actual party'. However, this does not prevent you from actually teaching an HM move or two to one of your Pokemon in your party.
    10.) If your username has less than 6 characters, use however as many Pokemon as the letters you do have. An example of this is if your username is 'Bob'. In this case, you only use 3 Pokemon.
    11.) Have fun

Challengers

ビデオゲーム常用者 - Ultimate

Champs

Magikarplvl.98

The Water Pokemon Defender
    Years
  • I just finished my playthough that was the old thread can I post the final results on this one?
    P.S. I didn't know the old thread was down because I tend to procrastinate about these sort of things so sorry

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • do you mind if i use letters from my first name instead or 2 pokemon for each letter in my username?

Edit: if it's my username i'm going to use
    D:Dodrio, Dratini
    V:Vaporeon, Venomoth
    K:Kabutops,Kangaskhan
    If i can use my first name my team is going to be
    M:Manectric
    A:Aerodactyl
    T:Typhlosion
    H:Hypno
    E:Exploud
    W:Wailord

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • do you mind if i use letters from my first name instead or 2 pokemon for each letter in my username?

Edit: if it's my username i'm going to use
    D: Dodrio, Dratini
    V:Vaporeon, Venomoth
    K:Kabutops,Kangaskhan
    If i can use my first name my team is going to be
    M:Manectric
    A:Aerodactyl
    T:Typhlosion
    H:Hypno
    E:Exploud
    W:Wailord

On the DVK part, you are aware that you can only have 1 per letter;.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • Yeah i know i was hoping that i could bend the rules because raising 3 pokemon is too easy well sometimes.... but if i can't choose a team of 6 I'm just going to quit this challenge....

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Someone redid this. :D The old thread swamped me and I could never remember to update. If you need any help clarifying any of the original rules, I'd be more than happy to help.

Anyway, since I had already beaten this challenge on Crystal, I fully intend to extend it to an Ultimate. I need to get back into challenges. x3

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Hmmmm, first challenge, I'll give it a go on fire red.

Doduo
    Exeggcute
    Lickitongue
    Diglett??? Was planning on using only gen 1 Pokemon, and a U is kind of an upside down diglett/dugtrio? I'm not the only one that sees this yes?
    Gastly, will evolve into gengar as soon as he becomes a haunter
    Electrabuzz

On a side note, what do you guys recommend in terms of hacking in pokemon? All at the start, 1 at start and catch rest, etc?

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • once i finish my "The ones that got away" challenge i'm going to start this challenge with:
    D:Dodrio
    V:Venusaur
    K:Kingdra

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Pidgeot
    Illumise
    Kabutops
    Arbok
    Crobat
    Honchkrow

On my soulsilver version as soon as i restart which shall be around thursday (I'm giving people a chance to take what they want from my give away thread) See ya then! ;D

mameshiba

Creepy Purple Zordon
    Years
  • Meganium
    Altaria
    Mightyena
    Electrode
    Sceptile
    Hariyama

I'll start in pokemon Sapphire with a gameshark
    (I changed machamp to mightyena and scizor to sceptile for evolution reasons)

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • I may do this challenge, with this team:

Zoroark
    Accelgor
    Reuniclus
    Omastar
    Arcanine
    Serperior

But I have a question: Are we allowed to obtain some Pokemon naturally? For example, I would obviously be hacking Omanyte, Growlithe, and Zorua into my game, but can I encounter Shelmet, Solosis, and Snivy as I normally would in game?

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • I may do this challenge, with this team:

Zoroark
    Accelgor
    Reuniclus
    Omastar
    Arcanine
    Serperior

But I have a question: Are we allowed to obtain some Pokemon naturally? For example, I would obviously be hacking Omanyte, Growlithe, and Zorua into my game, but can I encounter Shelmet, Solosis, and Snivy as I normally would in game?

yeah that should be no problem haha :)

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • i'm pulling out of this challenge because i see it going no where, as the owner of this challenge hasn't logged in since mid-june.

Back