• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Username Letter Challenge.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Updated, please tell me if anything is missing.

I defeated Steven (on like the seventh try, damn Cradily) but it won't save T_T.
I'm actually really annoyed. Dx.

What game did you turn out to use and what exact team? You never really specified, all the info I got was what's currently in the first post.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Ultimate Username Challenge.

Hmm, no one's updated/posted for a couple days - there a lot of that going around in this board...

Update #6 on Platinum.

Started on the route to Sunyshore City.

Spoiler:

Now I need to grind my team to L54-56, as well as do some EV training/vitamins to max them out. I also want to forget Fly and Waterfall for Roost/ExtremeSpeed and Grass Knot (traded a TM from my HeartGold game), though I may not do that. Hannibal is going to learn Crunch (L54) and Emperor Drill Peck (L52) via level-up, to replace Bite and Pluck.

Team Jaskil:
Spr_4d_124.png

Jessie the Quiet Jynx, ♀ - L51 @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Psychic, Wring Out, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball
Spr_4p_477.png

Dusty the Relaxed Dusknoir, ♂ - L51 @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Pressure
Moves: ThunderPunch, Confuse Ray, Shadow Punch, Return
Spr_4p_468.png

Terry the Hasty Togekiss, ♂ - L51 @ Sky Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Air Slash, Fly, Aura Sphere, Flamethrower
Spr_4p_229_m.png

Hannibal the Hardy Houndoom, ♂ - L51 @ Dread Plate
Ability: Early Bird
Moves: Bite, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, Dark Pulse
Spr_4p_395.png

Emperor the Mild Empoleon, ♂ - L50 @ Splash Plate
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Pluck, Ice Beam, Surf, Waterfall
Spr_4p_437.png

Bobby the Brave Bronzong - L51 @ Mind Plate
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Extrasensory, Earthquake, Confuse Ray, Return

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2012
Update #6!

- Evolved Anorith

7th Gym Battle:
Spoiler:

- Visited Archi at Seafloor Cavern and captured Kyogre for the funz.
- Taught Brick Break and Earthquake to Armaldo

8th Gym Battle:
Spoiler:

- Taught Water Pulse to Pelipper
- Went on to Victory Road

Fight vs Wally with only 4 Pokémon (had 2 HM slaves with me) haha:
Spoiler:

- Evolved Shellgon into Salamence (finally!).

Next and last update I'll take on the elite 4 and Steven!

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Update 7, Day 14

I N E F F A

Oh yes, as you can tell by the pinkness of all six letters there, I have indeed got my complete team now. :D This happened as I was making my way through the Sunyshore Gym, on the last trainer I fought before Volkner himself, when Smok (Vibrava) evolved into a Flygon. He offered to learn Dragon Claw, and I taught it to him, then promptly presented myself to Volkner for a battle. It was so easy with a Flygon that I don't even think I need to log it, so I'll probably make some good battle logs for the Elite Four. In any case, this gives me my eighth and final badge, the Beacon Badge.
First thing I did, aside from going to a Pokémon Center, was to approach Jasmine, who I knew would provide me with the HM that I so desperately need. However Rito (my rival) interrupted me, not for a battle, but actually just to let me know he knows he's not ready for a battle, as he hasn't even got Beacon Badge yet. It's okay, though. He's so fast he'll be practically chasing me by the time I get halfway to the Pokémon League. Anyway it was then that Jasmine (in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, she's hanging out on a piece of sand north of Sunyshore City in this game) gave me HM07 Waterfall. Just what I needed. ^^ I taught it to Marina (Azumarill).
So, with Bibarel in tow and Melavelta (Espeon) unfortunately not (he was ahead of all the others and I needed to make room), I Surfed due north for the Pokémon League. I found a bunch of miscellaneous things and people on the way, but nothing of much note. Until . . . the giant waterfall crashing down. It was so tall I couldn't see what was at the top of it or even if there was a top to it at all. As I looked around I could see there was nowhere else to go except to either turn around or climb it.
Being the champion that I am, I chose the latter. I had Marina use Waterfall and before long I knew what was at the top: the Pokémon League. Actually, not really the Pokémon League, just a Pokémon Center and the entrance to Victory Road. In fact, that whole Waterfall speech would have been better for the Waterfall I see later right before Pokémon League Castle, but too late.
So I went through the long and grueling Victory Road. This time I left out Smok for the HM Slave because he had gotten a lot of the bait along the way to Victory Road. I explored every square inch of this God-forsaken cave, and along the way I collected some mostly uninteresting TMs (at least for my current party) and trained all my Pokémon up to the ripe League-ready level of 48. (Even Smok--I took him out later to catch up.) My favourite part of this besides the levelling was that I completed quite a bit of my Pokédex after seeing certain trainers' Pokémon.
And now out into fresh air again. The sunlight hurts my eyes, but the flowers are easy on my nostrils.

Sinnoh_Pok%C3%A9mon_League_DP.png

After a bit of searching through the field, I found a Sky Plate. After that I climbed the great waterfall which deserves no comment, and before long I was facing the Pokémon League Castle.
I went inside and healed my Pokémon. I then moved my Pokémon around for a battle with Rito that I knew for sure was coming.
Sure enough, as soon as I approached the guy who was guarding the entrance to the Elite Four, I had Rito run up to me and challenge me to one final battle.
I made it a point to use every Pokémon I had, and it was really a fun and challenging battle, but in the end I came out the winner.
With this victory under my belt, I saved the game with myself facing the the man in front of me. Next time, it'll be you, Aaron.

Current status of my Pokémon:

Spr_4p_392.png

'carrão / Infernape
Lv 49
-Close Combat
-Shadow Claw
-Flamethrower
-U-Turn

Spr_4d_291.png

Jackie / Ninjask
Lv 48
-Return
-Swagger
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance

Spr_4p_196.png

Melavelta / Espeon
Lv 49
-Psychic
-Grass Knot
-Reflect
-Shadow Ball

Spr_4d_330.png

~smok~ / Flygon
Lv 48
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Fly

Spr_4p_205.png

Bossk★ / Forretress
Lv 48
-Payback
-Dig
-Spikes
-Bug Bite

marina♀ / Azumarill
Lv 48
-Double-Edge
-Rollout
-Waterfall
-Brick Break

HMs:
Spoiler:

Plates:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

I'm suitin' up~

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update for Ultimate Username Challenge!

Update #7 on Platinum (Final!).

- Starting at the Pokemon League, I flew around Sinnoh, gwtting my team to L54, except for Terry, who was stuck at L52 lol.
- Visited the Move Deleter and deleted Fly and Waterfall, then taught Grass Knot to Emperor and ExtremeSpeed to Terry.
- After getting my whole team Effort Badges, I was ready for the Elite Four.

- Aaron, Bug-types:

ultuseraaron.png

Led with Terry, who OHKOed Yanmega with Air Slash, then barely survived Drapion to 4HKO him with Air Slash (Full Restore was used by Aaron), then 2HKOed Vespiqueen with the help of a flinch, OHKOed Heracross with Air Slash, then was about to OHKO Scizor with Flamethrower, but Scizor used Quick Attack to take Terry out. Hannibal's Flamethower OHKOed Scizor.

- Bertha, Ground-types:

ultuserbertha.png

Again, Terry led, and Air Slash 2HKOed Whiscash, then Golem somehow survived Aura Sphere to put up a Sandstorm, and after a Full Restore, Aura Sphere 2HKOed him. Rypherior was next, and was 2HKOed by Aura Sphere (Megahorn hit Terry once). Air Slash 2HKOed Gliscor while he used Ice Fang, then Hippowden beat Terry with Crunch after Air Slash failed to flinch him. Emperor finished off Hippowden with Grass Knot.

- Flint, Fire-types:

ultuserflint.png

Led with Terry again, and he 2HKOed Houndoom with Aura Sphere while he used Sunny Day. Infernape came out, and after a Flare Blitz, Air Slash took him down. Terry almost took out Magmortar, but Air Slash couldn't flinch him three times in a row, and Terry went down to Thunderbolt, having left Magmortar with a sliver of health left (damn you, RNG!). I sent out Dusty, who crit with Shadow Punch after the Full Restore. Then he got burned by Flamethrower, then Shadow Punch beat Magmortar. Flareon came out and Overheat killed Dusty. Bobby came out on my side and took an Overheat, then Earthquaked. Overheat barely left Bobby alive, then Earthquaked again to take down Flareon. Rapidash came out and Bounced Bobby from the fight. I sent Jynx accidentely, and she was OHKOed by Flare Blitz, so Emperor then took a Flare Blitz and Surfed for the victory.

- Lucien, Psychic-types:

ultuserlucian.png

Led with Hannibal, who OHKOed Mr. Mime with Crunch. Dark Pulse flinched Gallade, which raised his Speed thanks to his Steadfast ability, and Hannibal was OHKOed by Stone Edge. I sent out Dusty, who finished off Gallade with Shadow Punch after taking a Psycho Cut. Espeon came out and Shadow Ball beat Dusty. Bobby came out, and thanks to Confuse Ray leading to self-damage, was able to beat Espeon with 2 Returns. Alakazam missed with Focus Blast while Bobby confused him, then Focus Blast killed Bobby. Terry came out and finished off Alakazam with ExtremeSpeed, then was able to Flamethrower Bronzong for the OHKO.

- Used a Max Elixir on Terry, healed up the rest of my team, and I was ready for Cynthia, the Champion!

ultusercynthia.png

Like Cyrus's fight, this is always epic. Play-by-play is needed!

Spoiler:

Obviously the key moment was when Garchomp's Dragon Rush missed, it would have OHKOed Jessie for sure otherwise, and Emperor would have been OHKOed by Earthquake for a heartbreaking loss. Man I was so excited and relieved that that happened, I thought Jessie was gonna be able outspeed Garchomp, so the battle ended up being tougher than I thought it was gonna be.

ultusersinnohhof.png

Yay! Hall of Fame!

ultusersinnohtc.png

And my final trainer card.

The Ultimate Username challenge is complete!...Until B/W comes out, then I may extend it to that region eventually.

Team Jaskil (Final):
Spr_4d_124.png

Jessie the Quiet Jynx, ♀ - L54 @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Psychic, Wring Out, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball
Spr_4p_477.png

Dusty the Relaxed Dusknoir, ♂ - L55 @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Pressure
Moves: ThunderPunch, Confuse Ray, Shadow Punch, Return
Spr_4p_468.png

Terry the Hasty Togekiss, ♂ - L56 @ Sky Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Flamethrower, ExtremeSpeed
Spr_4p_229_m.png

Hannibal the Hardy Houndoom, ♂ - L54 @ Dread Plate
Ability: Early Bird
Moves: Crunch, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, Dark Pulse
Spr_4p_395.png

Emperor the Mild Empoleon, ♂ - L55 @ Splash Plate
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Drill Peck, Grass Knot
Spr_4p_437.png

Bobby the Brave Bronzong - L54 @ Mind Plate
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Extrasensory, Earthquake, Confuse Ray, Return

Most Valuable Pokemon:
Sinnoh MVP: Emperor. My starter was my best closer, especially early on. He was the most featured Pokemon in the screenshots, even as the game progressed, and was also the only one on my team who could handle Rock Climb and Waterfall duties, which allowed for a much easier management of my team through Mt. Coronet and Victory Road. This Jack of all trades was my most consistently Pokemon throughout the game, partly due to his secondary Steel typing, which let him fight battles and survive hits he normally would not have as a pure steel or pure water Pokemon.
Elite Four MVP: Terry. He almost soloed both Aaron and Bertha due to Air Slash flinch abuse and his ability to use Aura Sphere. He also beat 2 of Flint's team and almost flinched his way through Magmortar. Huge against Lucian with Flamethrower against Bronzong and ExtremeSpeed against Alakazam. Against Cynthia, he was able to finish off Lucario, who had taken out three members of my team at that point.
Cynthia MVP: Jessie. Even though it was more due to luck that she was able to take out Garchomp, she faced the most members of Cynthia's team (3), and was only unable to finish the fight because of a lucky critical hit by Roserade's Sludge Bomb.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
I think I'd like to go for an ultimate challenge with...

Tauros
Arbok
Charizard
Hitmonchan
Illumise
Kabutops

I'll start on Fire Red soon.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Years
Sooo....I got that stupid Tentacool at Lv. 5...ugggh
Anyway...update time!
I finished Cycling Road, went to the Safari Zone, caught quite a few Pokemon, including Chansey with just one ball. (Yeah, that was strangely easy) I got Surf. I battled pretty much all the trainers to the East of Fuchsia City, then I went inside Fuchsia gym and battled the trainers there. And that stupid Hypno is a BEAST....why do the trainers use psychic types in there?
Koga was easy, and I got another badge. Then I stormed Silph Co. and beat the crap out of Giovanni. My rival is getting so much easier to beat...
I went then and beat Sabrina's gym. It was very easy to do with Snorlax!
Then I surfed down to Cinnabar Island, and that's where I am now. I almost changed Tentacool to Tauros, but I guess I'll stick with it, since in Gen. 1 grass isn't very effective against it. Eh.
So, now my Pokemon are:
Kraken (Tentacool): Lv. 17
Moves: Cut, Supersonic, Surf, Wrap

Garfield (Snorlax): Lv. 44
Moves: Headbutt, Amnesia, Rest, Body Slam

Spectre (Haunter): Lv. 44
Moves: Psychic, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Thunderbolt

Gyakusatsu (Gyarados): Lv. 44
Moves: Dragon Rage, Ice Beam, Bite, Hydro Pump

Plantosaur (Ivysaur): Lv. 44
Moves: Growth, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

Iwark (Onix): Lv. 43
Moves: Earthquake, Screech, Strength, Rock Slide

I accidentally taught Ivysaur Growth. -_-'

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Sorry for the wait guys (even though you're not waiting)! Since many of my pokemon like Snorlax and Lucario aren't found in my game (early) so I'm breeding them at level 1 right now.

Enigma

Years
I will be updating soon. I would also like to congratulate jdthebud for being the first to complete the Ultimate Username Letter Challenge. C:

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
First Update

Took a little bit longer to get up then I wanted it to, but you know internet problems.

• Named myself Callan. Named Rival Leonix.
  • Got my Starter Turtwig. Nicknamed it Twiggin (later on not right away). HM slave. also contest Pokemon
  • Caught Shinx on route 202. Nicknamed him AzurThundr. First Team member.
  • Caught Zubat in Ravaged Path. Nicknamed him 4 Wings (you know, because Crobat has 4 Wings). Second Team member.
  • Defeated Rival. No problem.
  • Leveled up both Shinx and Zubat to the point of evolution before fighting Gym Leader. Luxio Lv.15, Golbat Lv.22.
  • Leveled up Luxio to Lv.18 to learn Bite.
  • Defeated Roark. Got Coal Badge.
  • Got to Floaroma Town.
  • Defeated Galactic people in Valley Windworks.
  • Helped Cheryl throught Eterna Forest.
  • Got Explorer Kit (don't plan on using it).
  • Got Togepi Egg.
  • Beat Gardenia. Got Forest Badge.
  • Deafeted Galactic people in Galactic Eterna Building.
  • Got Bike.
  • Zoomed down Bike Path.
  • Helped Mira get out of Wayward Cave.
  • Got to Hearthome City.
  • Got Eevee from Bebe. Nicknamed him Link. Third Team member.
  • Went all the way back to Eterna Forest to evolve Eevee into Leafeon.
  • Returned to Hearthome City. Togepi hatched some where around that time.
  • Compeated in three contests. Normal Rank Cool, Great Rank Cool (both Twiggin) Normal Rank Cute (Togepi). Won all three.
  • Wandered Amity Square for a little bit.
  • Defeated Rival again.
  • Beat Fantina. Got Relic Badge.
  • Reached Solaceon Town.
  • Traveresed Solaceon Ruins.
  • Caught Noctowl on route 210. Nicknamed him NightOwl.
  • Golbat and Luxio evolved.
  • On my way to Veilstone.
Team
405.png

AzurThundr the Luxray Lv.33
Oran Berry
Naughty
Intimidate
Attacks:
Swagger
Spark
Charge
Bite

169.png

4 Wings the Crobat Lv.32
Oran Berry
Lax
Inner Focus
Attacks:
Confuse Ray
Return
Bite
Wing Attack

470.png

Link the Leafeon Lv.30
Oran Berry
Bashful
Leaf Guard
Attacks:
Synthesis
Double Team
Grass Knot
Quick Attack

164.png

NightOwl the Noctowl Lv.21
Exp. Share
Rash
Insomnia
Attacks:
Uproar
Reflect
Hypnosis
Peck

Last edited:

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Years
Alright! Best update EVAR! :)
I mopped the floor with Blaine's Pokemon. I easily took him out with Gyrarados and Onix. I then leveled my party a bit in the old mansion. I surfed back up to Pallet (I never bothered to get fly), and I walked to Viridian City. Then I swept through Giovanni's gym. I then walked over to Saffron (doesn't take too long) and bought a major amount of Repel's. I then faced my Rival, MIKE. He was very easy! Then I made my way through Victory Road, which was pretty smooth with all my repels on hand. The trainers surprisingly weren't that tough. I made it to the end and stocked up on healing items.

I made it to Lorelei, and I battled her using mostly Haunter. I won with minimal effort, and moved on to Bruno.

He was easier than Lorelei, because he didn't have monster face Lapras like Lorelei did. He couldn't do much to me, and I moved on to HAG atha.

Agatha was easy too, because of well...Haunter. I really love that he knows Psychic. :)
Also the Poke' Flute came in handy too.

Then it was Lance, the master of Dragons! I sent out Haunter first to take out his Gyarados with (I always remember he has that first). The rest were easy for my Gyarados to finish with either Ice Beam, or in Aerodactyl's case, Hydro Pump.

Then I faced...DUN DUN DUN! My rival MIKE. PSHHH. What a pansy! I took out his Pidgeot with Haunter, his Alakazam with Snorlax, his Charizard with Gyarados, his Exeggutor with Gyrados, and his Cloyster with...Haunter!

And if you're wondering where Tentacruel is...he made a very good Surfer and Cutter, and he KO'd a few minor trainer's Pokemon. XD

Let's check out the Champions!

Gyakusatsu (Gyarados): Lv. 49
Knows: Dragon Rage, Ice Beam, Bite, Hydro Pump

Garfield (Snorlax): Lv.46
Knows: Headbutt, Amnesia, Rest, Body Slam

Plantosaur (Ivysaur): Lv. 47
Knows: Growth, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

Iwark (Onix): Lv. 48
Knows: Earthquake, Screech, Strength, Rock Slide

Spectre (Haunter): Lv. 50
Knows: Psychic, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Thunderbolt

Kraken (Tentacruel): Lv. 30
Knows: Cut, Supersonic, Surf, Wrap
So, now I'm finished with my challenge!
It was fun!

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
The two games that I was doing this challenge on were both stolen, so I have to scrap them. >:(

Enigma

Years
Alrighty. Since it hasn't been a month yet, I'm posting to say that I plan on updating tomorrow night. I've had people waiting for me to do so, so I will.

Years
I'll try this. In Spirit Gold (Heart Gold 493 hack)

D - Dragonite
A - Aggron
N - Nidoking
G - Garchomp
O - Octillery

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
Years
I have to wait until next week to get White so I'll restart my SS file and sign up for this to bypass some time. My user name actually translates to "raging blast" so I'll be using:

R-Rhyperior
A-Ambipom
G-Golduck
I-Ivysaur
N-Ninetails
G-Girafarig

Years
Went to start this but the rom froze after my first battle every time... So.. any idea how to fix that?

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
Sounds Awesome
Tyranitar
Hypno
Electrabuzz
Poliwrath
Ivysaur
Rhydon

Ill do it on FireRed and ill hack in all of them execpt Ivysaur as it will be my starter

Back