• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Very 1st Time You Beating The Elite Four?

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2011
    Hi, sorry if there is already a recent thread about this somewhere.

Anyway, when was the very first time you beat them? What was it like and can you remember your team?

Mine was back on Red, I can't remember my team I had charizard, and pikachu, I remember fighting the champion and I had used so many revives all and moves it came to the point I was using struggle. I remember that, Epic fight and my last struggle got the last hit on his jolteon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    It was on Pokemon Crystal, and I had gotten up at 8 in the morning to watch the show at the same time, and I actually beat it on my first try. Can't remember my team, I just remember forretress as being a huge pain.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Mine was on Yellow. :> Gosh I remember my Pikachu being a boss at like level 81 Blastoise and Pikachu probably defeated the whole league for me. lol

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I also first beat them on Yellow, I had the usual team Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Lapras and Snorlax, took me a few tries to beat Blue though... >.<'

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I beat the Elite 4 for the first time on Pokemon Sapphire. Sure, Drake and Steven were tough, but I was proud and shocked when I finally beat them.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Mine was back on Red, I can't remember my team I had charizard, and pikachu, I remember fighting the champion and I had used so many revives all and moves it came to the point I was using struggle. I remember that, Epic fight and my last struggle got the last hit on his jolteon.

Am I the only one that noticed this inconsistency? Blue doesn't have a jolteon (or any eeveelution) on his final R/B team. You most likely beat Yellow first. XD

As for me, I can't remember specifics, but I know it was in my old Blue version and that it was on New Years Eve. XP

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • My first time was on Silver. It makes me sad to think I can't remember my whole team when I first beat the E4. I think I had a Feraligatr, Lugia, and the Red Gyarados, but I can't remember the other three, and I can't even be sure of those.

The greatest accomplishment of my childhood and I can't even remember it. T_T

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mine was in Blue. I remember having my starter Blastiose, Electrode, Persian, but I don't remember who else I had on my team. Wow, that was back in '99... thanks for making me feel old xD

Other than that my memory is hazy, other than I spent a LOT of time level grinding on Victory Road beforehand and I did beat them on my first attempt.

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • Gosh, that's a tough question.........i think it was on Red...no wait.....yes Red....I have no clue what i used, although i DO remember a Venesaur and Pidgeot. Man that was good times....i think.

Years
  • I already knew about Missigno and probably had a team of 6 level 100s. One of them was a Nidoking. No idea about the rest.
    Needless to say, winning wasn't much of a challenge.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    It was on Red for me. Charizard was there for sure, with a retarded moveset (Strength, Cut, Hyper Beam, Mega Punch...can't hit Ghosts). I remember Kadabra and Flareon, but not sure if they were with me for the first.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • It was Crystal and I remember my team fondly beating the game at summer camp a few years ago.

My team was Poliwrath, Pikachu, Typhlosion, Espeon and the red Gyarados. (Gyarados was the only one who didn't do anything.)

The winning blow was Poliwrath's Strength against Lance's last Dragonite. (My Poliwrath was a few levels over my second-strongest which was Espeon.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    It was in Silver. I was new to Pokemon so I guess it was hard but I dont really remember. When I won I was just like" Wow I won". I dont remember my team at all, it was too long ago.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen today
    Mine was Diamond My team was infernape crobat golem tentacruel and 2 floatzels.

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • Jesus, it has been so long.. It would be the elite four in pokemon blue, and all I can remember without going to the doctor and getting shock therapy is my Charmeleon and Zapdos. I never evolved my charmeleon, I always thought it looked cooler :)

I do remember Pokemon gold though, I used an Umbreon, golbat, feraligator, arcanine and probably a couple of others.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • On my Pokemon Red version i defeated the elite four, for the life of me i have no idea what my team was but i remember a Charizard named HOT (original i know) and a beedrill.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • On my Emerald. It took me about 3 goes until I finally beat them (was a noob back then). I remember having a Blaziken and a Swellow. But then, the thing's save file just went corrupt. Man was I angry...

Years
  • Man it was so long ago, since my first game was Red. I have no idea what my team was like tbh, I started over so I can't even check. All I remember was having Charizard though, and feeling very proud of myself after defeating them lol.

Back