• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The War

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Words and Their Meanings in the Story
    ~~~~~~~~~~​
    Pokemorphs: Pokemorphs are government experiments gone wrong. They have the ability to change into any Pokemon they please under certain circumstances. Each Pokemorph looks different than the other, but all have this same traita: one eye blue, one eye red.

First Change: The first change since acquiring a new Pokemon. The Pokemorph must stay in this form for 24-hours in order to fully absorb the DNA.

~~~~~~~~~~
    Character Profiles
    ~~~~~~~~~~​
    Chet Kingston: Chet is the leader of the Pokemorphs, a secret government experiment gone wrong. He is rash and violent at times, although he is mostly reserved. He is quiet when not morphed, but when he is he is quick to give commands. Since he was the first successful Pokemorph, he has access to many Pokemon forms. He likes quick Pokemon that can hit hard. His favorite color is red and his favorite food is chicken.
    Favorite Pokemon: Garchomp
    Most used Form: Garchomp
    Favorite Type: Dragon
    Favorite Attribute: Speed and Attack​

Kris McAlister: Kris is the self-proclaimed second-in-command of the Pokemorphs (the actual second-in-command is Devin, although Chet never mentions it) and is very prooud of that fact. She is very quick to judge and often jumps to conclusions, which often leads to trouble. She is very loudmouthed and talks trash when in battle. She prefers to use sly and quick Pokemon, preferring to trick the foe. Her favorite color is violet and her favorite food is chili peppers.
    Favorite Pokemon: Mismagius
    Most used Form: Honchkrow
    Favorite Type: Dark and Ghost
    Favorite Attribute: Sp. Attack​

Devin Harrison: Devin is the official second-in-command of the Pokemorphs. He is very athletic, although he does not show it because he likes to sleep all day and do nothing. He likes to observe the situation before taking action. When in battle with Chet, the two pull off amazing combos that work very well together. He utilizes his karate skills by using Pokemon with martial arts skills. His favorite color is cerulean and his favorite food is corn.
    Favorite Pokemon: Blaziken
    Most used Form: Lucario
    Favorite Type: Fighting and Fire
    Favorite Attribute: Speed and Sp. Attack​

Maya Gregerson: Maya is Devin's best friend. The two are inseparable and will do anything for each other. Maya likes to take things to the limit and attacks with a high-risk, high-return motive. If she is doing horribly in battle, she will let Devin take the reins until she recuperates. She likes cute and beautiful Pokemon that have hidden power to them. Her favorite color is yellow and her favorite food is grapes.
    Favorite Pokemon: Wigglytuff
    Most used Form: Ninetales
    Favorite Type: Normal
    Favorite Attribute: Defense and Sp. Defense

Nicole Wilson: Nicole is an old friend of Chet; the two go back to the events before the story. Nicole is always ready to fight and will try to make every aspect of her life a challenge. She loves to talk trash and insult opponents which always ends in Chet coming to her aid in order to get her out of trouble. She loves Psychic Pokemon and how they are able to predict an opponent's move before they even make them. She has a secret crush on Chet, but has yet to reveal it to him. Her favorite color is white and her favorite food is beef jerky.
    Favorite Pokemon: Alakazam
    Most used Form: Gardevoir
    Favorite Type: Psychic
    Favorite Attribute: Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense​

~~~~~~~~~~
    Story Thus Far
    ~~~~~~~~~~​
    We have learned that the city of Neo Gieras has declared that all Pokemon be eliminated for unknown reasons. Our heroes, the Pokemorphs, challenge this new law and go straight to City Hall to confront the mayor. During this meeting, their secret is unintentionally revealed because of Chet, who chokes the mayor using a Charizard's claw. THe four Pokemorphs: Maya, Devin, Kris, and Chet, leave City Hall only to be confronted by hundreds of guards. Devin and Chet take out most of the guards while Maya and Kris attack the guards in the building. The four leave the scene after having their secret revealed. The four then discover a hidden note within the folder stolen from the mayor's office. The note does not appear to be of this world and the four investigate it thoroughly. Upon investigation, they discover something is going to happen on New Year's Eve. Devin, under Chet's orders, takes the note to Chet's old friend Nicole to have it decoded. During his visit, Nicole explains the reason why Chet and she are Pokemorphs. Devin then returns to New Gieras with this news and Nicole has come along for the trip.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Prologue
    ~~~~~~~~~~​
    In the beginning, there was nothing. Darkness had surrounded the universe for unsung times. Out of the sky came an egg…an egg that appeared to be not of our universe. This egg hatched and out came a creature, thousands of miles long, thousands of miles wide. This creature had no name, yet its presence was known. This creature crafted our universe using its 1000 arms. Then, it created two beings that were to watch over it while it slept to regain energy. These two beings had no form either. When the creature awoke, it sent the two beings into different dimensions, not out of hate, but out of concern, for they were fighting. The creature then created three small beings, thousands of times smaller than it was. It named these three beings Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit, and they helped shape the world. Once the world was created, the creature garnered a form, encasing its arms in a shell of a body. Still without a name, it took the two feuding beasts from different dimensions and gave them form. One was a large metal stallion, capable of ripping time. It was colored a bold blue. The other was a large dragon, capable of tearing space. It was colored a vivid pink. The three great beings slept, watching over the universe they created.

As time went on, things began to emerge: the creation of many creatures. Among the smartest of these creatures were humans, capable of great things. They created their own language and began to name the other creatures around them. These other creatures, each vastly different from the other, were called Pokemon, meaning 'small monster'. When the three great deities came before Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit, the humans were astounded. They called the two feuding beasts Dialga, meaning 'diamond' and Palkia, meaning 'pearl'. They called the original one Arceus, which meant 'overlord' or 'mighty one'. Humans and Pokemon lived in a time of peace and prosperity…until today.

In the year 2014, a world military experiment involving the grafting of Pokemon DNA to human DNA created drastic results. There were humans with Pokemon parts, and Pokemon with human parts. With each unsuccessful attempt, they learned something new. After years of work, they created a bio-weapon to compete against enemies. They called these experiments Pokemorphs and used them well. However, the Pokemorphs escaped and now roam the world. This caused the military to wage a secret war against the Pokemorphs. As the war escalated, Arceus came down from the sky and tried to calm the warring planet. The world military captured the legendary Pokemon and swore to kill it if the Pokemorphs did not meet their demands. This story follows the war, the rescue of Arceus, and the fate of the universe.

Last edited:

Fighting Infernape

Infernape Master
    Years
    Hey man, you should edit your first post because if you don't Anistun will lock it. That was just a reminder for you.

EDIT: You can add the characters and news but you have to write the prologue (if there is one) or write the first chapter to attract the readers attention.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    COOL! I can't wait to read this. It sounds awesome. Good luck writing, fellow fanficcer.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter 1
    There Appears to be Something Wrong Pt. I
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Midday: the exact moment in the 24-hour day when the sun is at a 90-degree angle with Earth. The sun looms overhead, providing warmth and comfort to those who choose to accept it. One person is basking in the sun's glory. His eyes shimmer as he looks up at the golden ball of fire: one eye blue, one eye red. His spiky, brown hair attracts the heat as he continues to stare at the sun. He looks down and checks his watch: 12:03 pm.

"Damn...I'm gonna be late," he sneers to himself. He brushes off his shirt which is covered in dried leaves and crawling ants. He begins to run, but is stopped after he hears a cry for his name.

"Devin!" he hears in the wind. He turns his head and finds a girl running towards him. She has long brown hair tied in a ponytail. Her eyes shimmer in the sun as well: one eye blue, one eye red.

"Hey, Maya," Devin says as he scratches the back of his head.

"You will not believe what has happened: the mayor has announced that all citizens report to City Square to hear an important news announcement. I don't know what it is, but a lot of people are stressing over it. Where were you headed anyway?" Maya asks.

"I was going to go home and take a nap...but I guess I'l tag along with you," Devin sighs.

"You slept here in the park for 2 hours! Do you ever stay awake? We're going to City Square," Maya orders.

"Okay. Let's go," Devin agrees as he begins to walk towards town. The park is lush and green, surrounded by trees and animals running in the distance. The chatter of people could be heard. Far from this serene scene is the hustle and bustle of city life. If one were to sit under a tree in the park, they could see the skyscrapers rise high into the sky and the air highways twist and turn through the air as they pave the roads.

Maya and Devin reached City Square, only to find that everyone in the city had reported there as requested. The mayor stepped out of City Hall, dressed regally: a blue tuxedo, only to be contradicted by a yellow and red polka-dotted tie.

"Citizens of Neo Gieras! I, Mayor Wilkins, hereby give all citizens this important announcement: there has been an increase in the wild Pokemon that are in the city. It is requested by your mayor that you kill every Pokemon you see and bring it to City Hall. This is now a new LAW and it must be followed," the mayor said. The crowd began to erupt in cheer as everyone began to shake their fists in agreement.

"They can't do that Devin!" Maya whispered to him.

"I know. Just shutup and listen," Devin said quietly.

"Anyone who opposes this law will be put in jail," the mayor continued. The crowd erupted in more cheer as Maya stood up on a nearby bench.

"You can't kill the Pokemon!" she shouted.

"Get down, Maya!" Devin said. The crowd turned around to look at Maya, who had a look of determination on her face.

"You can't kill the Pokemon! We won't do it!" Maya continued.

"Who said that?" the mayaor shouted as he looked around. The whole crowd pointed to a determined Maya, including a reluctant Devin.

"We're not going to let you kill the Pokemon!" Maya said again.

"Guards! Arrest her!" the mayor ordered. Ten heavily-built, powerful men began charging at Maya, who was quickly pulled away by Devin.

"We need to get out of here!" Devin said as he ran. He and Maya ran until they were cornered. The guards pulled out tasers and clubs, ready to use deadly force. Devin gulped as he began to sweat in fear. Maya had a calm look on her face as she looked over at Devin.

"What is wrong with you?" Devin said.

"Just follow my lead," Maya said as her eyes glistened. Her blue eye turned red and she was surrounded by a yellow aura. Then, she slowly began to shift and change. She sprouted four wings and grew a large yellow dress that appeared to be made of honeycomb. He grew a headress that had a large jewel in the middle of it. Her arms became slim and her five fingers merged into two.

"Maya! You can't morph here! They'll find out!" Devin whispered violently.

<Too late. I'm off. If you wanna follow, then you better morph,> Maya said in thought speech. She had morphed into a Pokemon: Vespiqueen. Devin sighed as his blue eye turned red as well. He was surrounded by a purple aura. He jumped high in the air as his legs turned into wings. His arms slowly turned into wings as well. His ears became long and slim and his head merged with his neck and body. He was colored a vivid purple and flew off in pursuit of Maya.

<Maya!,> Devin called out as he caught up to her.

<Crobat? You morphed into a Crobat? Wow, Devin,> Maya said as she continued to fly.

<Well I was going to morph into a Pidgeot but it would have taken too much time,> Devin said. He and Maya continued flying until they landed on the roof of an abandoned building. They slowly morphed back into humans. When they opened their eyes, one red eye slowly turned back blue. They walked into a door that led into the building. They descended three flights of stairs before entering a room filled with people their own age; some people were a little younger.

"I saw it," one of them said. She tossed her shoulder length hair and rubbed her forehead.

"Saw what, Kris?" Devin said.

"The morph. You two morphed right in front of guards. You could spill our secret!" Kris exclaimed as she stood up.

"Don't fret over it, Kris," another person said. His voice was deep and he was looking outside. The window he was looking out of was the only one open, which let in enough light to brighten the dark room.

"Why, Chet?" she said. "They morphed in public. That is completely against our policy as Pokemorphs!"

"I know. They were cornered and had no choice. I know where they are at," Chet said.

"Fine," Kris said as she sat back down amongst a group of people. In all, there were at least twenty people in the room, not including Devin and Maya. Everyone in the room looked different from one another, but all harbored the same secret.

Each person in that room was what the city called a Pokemorph: a government experiment gone wrong. Pokemorphs had the ability to morph into any Pokemon they please, but must obtain these things in order to do so: a feel of their fur, their cry, their shape, and their eye color. Once they morphed into a Pokemon for the first time, they must stay that way for an entire day in order to absorb the DNA into their bodies. This process is called the First Change. Each Pokemorph also had increased capabilities, being able to use a Pokemon's attack without actually morphing, although the attack is greatly decreasede in power. Each Pokemorph also has different colored eyes: one eye blue, one eye red.

Chet is the leader of the Pokemorphs. He was the first Pokemorph experiment, and therefore has more forms than anyone in the room. Kris was created at the same time as Devin and Maya, making the three of them equal in ability.

"I have some news, everyone," Maya declared. The whole room turned to look at her, including Devin who was seated on the ground next to Chet.

"What is is, Maya?" Chet asked.

"The city plans to kill all the Pokemon that are here. This is bad for us because this not only keeps us from getting more forms, but it will destroy our ecosystem," Maya declared.

"Fine. We'll go down to City Hall and sort this thing out," Chet declared. He rose from his seat and put his hood over his head. He walked out the door and down some stairs. Devin, Maya, and Kris followed.

When they reached City Hall, there were guards standing outside. Each of them were carrying a large gun. Chet approached them slowly.

"Hey, big guys. We need to go inside to talk to someone," he said.

"Who do you need to talk to?" one guard said as he stepped forward.

"These are my cousins and my aunt works in here. Room 314A," Chet lied stupendously.

"Okay. You can enter," the guard said as he stepped back. The inside of the building was vacant. The only noise that could be heard was the sound of fingers hitting a keyboard. This sound came from the mayor's office.

"Mr. Mayor!" Devin cried out as the four of them entered the room.

"Ah. The girl with the opinion is here," the mayor said.

"Whatever," Maya scoffed.

"What do you kids want. I have things to do and I am very busy right now," the mayor said very sternly.

"Stop killing the Pokemon," Chet said. "You are going to destroy the ecosystem."

"Sure. These Pokemon are destroying my city. And you punks are alsopart of the cause," the mayor said. Chet rushed the mayor and clasped his neck with a red-orange claw.

"Stop killing the Pokemon," Chet said very violently.

"How did you do that?" the mayor asked. His eyes widened in disgust and shock as something came over him. "Y-y-you four are...Pokemorphs!" The mayor pressed a button that sounded a loud siren. The siren could be heard all over the city as guards began to appear from everywhere.

"We need to get out of here!" Devin cried out as he ran out of the room. He was quickly stopped by two guards pointing shotgun barrels at his face. Devin ducked down and slid under their legs and pushed them both into the wall. He had quickly morphed into a Lucario.

"Devin has the right idea. There's no use hiding anymore," Chet said as more guards rushed into the room. Maya morphed into a Nintales as Kris morphed into an Ampharos. Kris and Maya began to attack the guards as Devina nd Chet escaped.

"We'll meet you back at the building!" Chet called out as he ran. Devin and Chet reached the outside only to find a huge surprise: hundreds of guards standing with guns pointed.

"Put you hands in the air and do not move!" one guard yelled out.

Devin morphed back into his human form and looked at Chet, who had a small smile on his face.

"What are you thinking?" Devin asked with a grin on his face as well.

"What I'm always thinking," Chet said. Chet was surrounded by a white aura as he slowly transformed. He grew wing-like appendages on his arm and slowly turned blue. He morphed into a Garchomp and jumped high into the air. Devin morphed back into Lucario and followed Chet.

<What are we going to do?" Devin asked in the air.

<Follow my lead,> Chet responded. He hurtled towards the ground and slammed into it, causing many guards to back away. Devin surrounded himself in aura as his eyes began to glow.

<Fear the power of Aura!> he shouted. Aura began to form as he shot it in a steady beam at the ground, destroying many cars. Maya and Kris came out of the building. Devin landed on the ground and repelled anyone that attacked them by harmlessly pushing them away using aura.

<Let's get out of here!> CHet shouted as he ran away. Devin, Maya, and KRis followed in hot pursuit.

<Something's not right...,> Kris said.

<I know,> Devin agreed. <They attacked us, but didn't kill us. Why?>

<I don't know why, but I'm sure we're goingt o find out,> Chet said as he continued running. The four kept running in the night. The secret of the Pokemorphs was out; they now had to run away from the city, all while trying to uncover a secret that they barely know about.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    I liked it. Now, as a reviewer:

You changed tense a lot. A few typos and strange and/or repetitive wording can be found throughout. I'll point that stuff out later.

You're lucky that these errors didn't take too much away from the overall quality and flow (though quite noticeable with the flow) of the story. It reminds me of X-Men (2nd one I think) when Kurt runs around the halls where the president is.

Actually, come to think of it, they're the equivalent of the X-men in a Pokemon setting.

Good job so far and I hope what I've said will help to improve the quality of your writing. I'll list some specifics later. Ciao.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter 2
    There Appears to be Something Wrong Pt. II
    ~~~~~~~~~~

"They have learned of our secret, sire. What do you think will happen now?"

"Nothing...we sit back and watch them."

"But soon they will uncover that he is gone!"

"I know. The humans are a smart species indeed, but they underestimate our power. If they do happen to learn that he is gone, we do not need to do much. We simply send one of our own down there to eliminate them all."

"This is rash..."

"I know...let's just see how they will react when I throw a curveball in..."

Maya, Kris, Devin, and Chet continued running through the city. They could hear the footsteps of the guards gaining on them, but they soon faded away as they came to the old abandoned park.

"How are we going to lose them?" Devin asked as he sat on a fence. The sky was getting dark, which meant the night Pokemon would be emerging and the day Pokemon would be returning home.

"I'm not sure. All we can do is go back to the base and wait there. We don't know what the mayor is going to do," Chet explained.

"Uhh...before we head out...can I show you this?" Maya asked. She pulled from behind her a folder that was stuffed with papers. On the front of the folder was 'CONFIDENTIAL' in big, bolded, red letters.

"When did you get this?" Chet asked calmly.

"I swiped it when Kris and I were taking down the guards. I saw it on the desk and I grabbed it. That was right before Kris and I came outside to see you two fighting off the other guards," Maya explained as she handed the folder to Chet. He quickly grabbed it and began to flip through it. With each flip of a page, his eyes widened and his breathing became shallow.

"What's the matter?" Devin asked as he stood up and walked over to Chet.

"The government. They're killing all of the Pokemon to restart Project Gemini," Chet explained slowly.

"What's Project Gemini?" Kris asked.

"You don't remember? You honestly don't remember?" Chet muttered shockingly.

"No...it doesn't even ring a bell," Kris said.

"That's right," Chet said. "You, Devin, and Maya wouldn't remember, huh? They wiped your memory clean before sending you out. However, they didn't wipe it all, otherwise you wouldn't be able to morph."

"Now I am really confused," Maya and Devin said at the same time.

"I'll explain. Project Gemini was the codename for the Pokemorph Project. They didn't call it the Pokemorph Project because they did not want the citizens to worry. They also explained that Gemini was a transportation program to develop new planes.

The Pokemorph Project was a study to see if humans could graft Pokemon DNA to their own DNA. Several employees volunteered to be test subjects, but all of the results came out wrong. The subject became mutilated and disfigured and were quikly eliminated before they could be discovered. This process continued for four years until they developed perfect Pokemorphs. However, the military soon discovered that after the inital morph, the Pokemorphs could not change back. They released them into the wild to live as regular Pokemon," Chet explained.

"How do you know all of this?" Devin asked as he paced back and forth. It was night now and the area where the four were at was dimly lit.

"My brother was one of the original Pokemorphs. He turned out disfigured, but he ran away before they could kill him. He came back home and told me everything: the project, the purpose, everything," Chet said.

"Oh...Just out of curiosity, how are you a Pokemorph?" Devin asked as he began to walk slowly towards Chet.

"My DNA was altered. Pokemorphs are not created. They are average humans whose DNA has been altered. When the military learned of my knowledge, they quickly came to collect me and take me back to the base where they were conducting their tests. I was immediately turned into a Pokemorph as a result of my knowledge; they did not want me running around spilling their secrets. After I was changed, they tried to wipe my memory so I could go on and be one of the first field tests. I ran away and lived in the building we call our base. I have lived there for 10 years. I was six when my brother came home and told me. I was six when I ran away; I didn't stay for long," Chet continued to explain.

"So why do they need all the Pokemon to be killed?" Maya asked from where she was seated.

"They need the Pokemon's DNA in order to restart the program. When a Pokemon dies, their DNA releases all their genes because it doesn't need them anymore; this is why the military and the government needs dead Pokemon. What I don't understand is why are they going to restart the program?" Chet asked himself slowly. He sat down next to Maya on a bench and put his head in his hands. He threw the folder down next to him and began to mutter to himself.

"Maybe it's in the folder," Kris said.

"Okay...let me get this straight: Pokemorphs are merely humans with altered DNA. You are one of the original Pokemorphs, but you ran away before you could have your memory erased. Your brother was one of the original test subjects and ran away to tell you of the military's plans, thus resulting in you being turned into a Pokemorph. You ran away to the building that serves as our base and lived there up to today. That is alot to remember," Devin scoffed.

"Everything you said is right," Chet said. He grabbed the folder and flipped through it, hoping to look for more answers. "Look what I found!"

"What?" the other three responded.

"It looks like a note, but I can't make out the symbols," Chet said, peering at the note. This is what it read:

Dear Humans:

We are the Intergalactic Patrol Agency, or IPA, and we have noticed a significant increase in your population of Pokemon. These creatures, creatures we created, are not to go over a certain limit. We order you to conduct this following test for us in order to resolve this problem:

We will send down the necessary materials in order to conduct one of our most recent projects: Project Pokemorph. You will conduct this project in secrecy. Here is what you must do: Take a dead Pokemon’s DNA and attempt to graft it onto a human’s DNA. If our theory is correct, the human will begin to develop Pokemon-like abilities and appearance. Continue this research to see if you can create a human that can change into a Pokemon and back at will. On December 31, 2014, we will come down to your planet and check your progress. If your progress is not up to our standards, we will eradicate your entire planet of living life and use it as a test field for our experiments.

IPA

"That is one confusing note," Devin said. He continued to look at it and tried to translate it with no success.

"I'll look this over when we get back to the base," Chet said. He grabbed the note and continued looking at it as he walked. "Guys! I can make out something. I don't know how, but this rings a bell: December 31, 2014 means December 31, 2014. I don't know where it is coming from, but tthat stands out to me," Chet explained.

"December 31 is in two months! Whatever is happening here, it either starts or ends on New Year's Eve," Kris finally spoke.

"Okay. We need to get back and look this over," Chet said as he looked into the nigh sky. A Murkrow could be seen flying with a Honchkrow. The night was still and quiet, however Chet's thoughts were not. Whatever is happening...it isn't good, he thought to himself.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    This is really developing quite well. I like how we're gradually getting more of the plot revealed as it goes along. You're a pro at manipulating the story through dialogue and interactions between characters. I'm impressed.

I found the December 31st part in the letter. It really wasn't that hidden and I felt stupid upon spotting it.

Back on-topic:

Keep developing the plot and leading us on. You're doing good!

P.S. One thing I'd like to see is how Chet's knowledge of the Pokemorph experiments got out in the open. You mind delving into that briefly?

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter 3
    Spilled Beans
    ~~~~~~~~~~

"Sire that was a splendid attempt at trying to convert the humans' minds into thinking other things, but it was unsuccessful."

"Be quiet."

"Yes sire."

"I need a plan…"

"I have a plan, sire."

"What is it?"

"It involves someone that you do not like very much, sire. It involves…your twin brother."

"Agh!"

"Do you want me to get him?"

"Yes. Please do. Until then, I will see how the humans will handle their newfound knowledge…"

Kris, Maya, Devin, and Chet reached the base by midnight. Everyone else was asleep except for Juan, who was guarding the door. Juan was a Pokemorph that could not change on his own at night. During the day, he could change as he pleased. At night, however, he changed into a Mightyena and guarded the door. No one knows the true story behind Juan. Chet sat down on one of the many beds in the room and flipped through the folder again with Devin by his side.

"What do you think is going on here?" Devin asked quietly, as to not wake anyone up.

"I don't know, but I have a large feeling it has something to do with the note. I know someone that is good at codes. He lives a few miles away from here," Chet offered to Devin.

"You want me to go deliver the note?"

"Well, you are the quickest of all the Pokemorphs, Devin. My forms use speed in order to get in a quick strike; they aren't fast on their own. However, your forms use speed as an everyday aspect. You could get there in a matter of minutes."

"How far away is it?"

"Just a few miles. A little over 100. Shouldn't be tough for you," Chet said to Devin as he handed him the note.

"When do you want me to come back?" Devin asked as he put the note into his pocket.

"After he's translated it. It shouldn't take long," Chet said as he lay down. Devin stood up and walked over to an open window 15 stories up.

"I'll be back soon. Just take care, okay?" Devin said as he leapt out the window.

"I'll be alright," Chet responded as he drifted off to sleep. As Devin fell rapidly, he morphed into a Weavile. He completed his morph with 2 stories left until the ground. He leapt high into the air and let out a shrill cry in the night. He landed on the grass in the park and set off to the north where Chet's friend lived.

Devin reached the house in 1 hour. As he neared it, he slowly changed back into his human form and proceeded with caution. "Is anybody here?" Devin called out. There was no response. "Hello?" No response. Then, there was a rush in the bushes. Out of the bushes came a Jolteon jumping towards Devin. Devin quickly changed into a Jolteon as well and prepared for a battle.

<Nice. You can morph quickly. You are the one Chet said would be coming,> a voice said.

<Who are you?> Devin asked. He morphed back into his human form and walked towards the changing Jolteon. It morphed into a young woman the same age as Devin. She had long brown hair tied in a ponytail and bright blue eyes. She had a mole on her cheek and wore a shirt that revealed her belly button. She wore skin-tight jeans that stopped at her calves. She was also barefoot.

"Are you Devin Harrison?" She asked as she walked towards the house.

"Yea," Devin responded, still on guard.

"Good. That means Chet was right. You have a letter for me?" she mentioned.

"Uhh...yea. How'd you know?" Devin asked quickly.

"I'm psychic. That's what I mainly use in battle and I've appeared to harbor that trait in my human form. Plus Chet told me before you arrived," she laughed.

"What's your name?" Devin asked approaching her.

"Nicole Wilson," she replied. Devin was looking at her in awe, but soon averted his gaze as the two of them walked back to what appeared to be her home. When they entered, Devin quickly dropped his jaw. The inside was magnificently beautiful and clean. There was a spotless couch and a large television situated on a wall. The house was magnificent. "Make yourself at home, Devin," Nicole shouted from the kitchen.

When Nicole returned to the living room, Devin was sitting on the couch clutching the letter.

"How do you know Chet?" Devin asked slowly as he studied Nicole's every move.

"Me and Chet go way back. We've been best buds since our childhood days. But ever since his brother told him about the Pokemorph Project, he was never the same," Nicole said.

"He told you that story?" Devin queried.

"Yea. He explained everything. He told me that his brother was some kind of an experiment."

"He told me that too. But he also mentioned that he was turned into a Pokemorph as a result. That part is a little sketchy," Devin explained as he scratched his head.

"Oh. Well…let me tell you how it happened: It all started when Chet's brother came home all disfigured. I was over at his house playing and I was in his room when I heard a large crash from the kitchen. Chet was in there getting something to drink for us. I quickly ran downstairs and saw Chet talking to this…monster. I soon learned that is was Xavier, Chet's brother. Xavier explained the Pokemorph Project to Chet and Chet agreed. Xavier quickly left the house and I haven't seen him since.

I spent the night at Chet's house. When I went home the next day, I told my mom what happened at Chet's house. She told me that I was making things up and sent me to my room. When I walked back downstairs, I saw my mom on the phone crying. About 20 minutes after that, these big men with suits charged into my house and pinned me down. I was led out to a car where I saw Chet. We were soon driven off and were turned into Pokemorphs promptly. Over the course of 2 days, the hunters became the hunted," Nicole explained to Devin. Devin got up from his seat and pointed at Nicole, who had an odd look on her face.

"So it's your fault Chet is a Pokemorph!" Devin yelled.

"If you want to be so black-and-white about it, then yes."

"Does Chet know?"

"Yes. He does. He has already forgiven me."

"Okay, back on subject; Chet sent me here so you can decode this message. You think you can do it?" Devin asked as he handed the message to Nicole.

"Hmm…this isn't a code used by our government…or our military…or the world for that matter!" Nicole exclaimed as she inspected the note.

"Are you saying this note is not of this world?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." Nicole put the note in her pocket and walked Devin to the door. She put on a pair of white sneakers and walked outside with Devin.

"Thanks, Nicole. I'll tell Chet you said hello," Devin said.

"How about I tell him myself?" Nicole said as she morphed. <Besides, I think he'll be happy to see me again!>

<Okay!> Devin exclaimed in his morphed form. <Wanna race?> he asked Nicole.

<Lucario vs. Metagross. Okay! Go!> Nicole exclaimed as she shot off.

<Cheater!> Devin screamed as he began to catch up with her. The two were headed back to Neo Gieras to tell Chet the news about the letter.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    This was good. Short. Or maybe it's just me.

Nothing really plot-revealing, but I believe this story's getting somewhere. Good job. I can't wait for more.

Why doesn't this girl have red and blue eyes?

Back