• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Warriors/Wizards Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    Alvender jerked at the touch of Skye and before she began her frantic work to try and help him, he was already sturring from his slumber. "Greetings, milady," Alvender said weakly as he opened his eyes. A smile appeared on his half dead lips as he spoke, "Sorry for leaving so suddenly. Believe me, I wouldn't even if I did so willing."

Trying to at least sit up, Alvender found himself unable to. A sharp pain come from his sides and he toppled over again. Then he started listening to Skye frantic spellcasting and her yelling. "I'll be fine, milady. Just need rest is all. The jinxes will come undone on their own accord, Agatha won't let me die so easily, nor would she let any interference," Alvender said, still trying to maintain his smile, even though what he said was true and he should be worried about that thought.

"Just help me into the academy, the healers there should be able to break these jinxes however," Alvender suggested, trying to calm the situation, even though he was bleeding badly.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "He needs to get back to the academy," Skye said shortly, and conjured some clean bandages with her staff. She set to work wrapping Alvender's wounds as best she could, despite his protests. Her temper, ever short, was getting the best of her.

Yukiko, no matter what she did, could not calm the worry and anxiety in Skye's body. The dragon changed to her full size, ready to take on the load of the two of them back to the school.

"Just...shut up, will you?!" Skye snapped at Alvender, hardly able to contain the tears spilling from her eyes as she looked over his wounds, wrapping them, biting her lower lip with worry. "You're going to bleed to death if we don't do something now."

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    Alvender winced several times as Skye rapidly put bandages on his wounds. "Easy there, princess. I'll be fine," Alvender said, trying again to calm her down. "This elf has more fight in him still," he said as he attempted yet again to get to his feet, this time, thanks to some of the bandages he had, he was able to get to his feet. Although the pain was almost too much for him, Alvender whistled.

"Quasak," Alvender addressed his dragon as it landed.

'Should I take you?' he asked, making a move to help Alvender onto his back.

Alvender shook his hand then said, "No, I have something more important for you to attend to. Check my trail, make sure I wasn't being followed." With a nod of understanding, Quasak took off into the air in Alvender's general trail.

Turning painfully slow over to Skye, Alvender grinned and said, "I don't think I can walk very far without falling on my face..."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    It pained her more than she could express to see Alvender so vulnerable, and yet trying so hard to be strong. She moved to him, swung his arm around her shoulders, and helped him to Yukiko. She helped him up onto the dragon's soft, furry back, and hopped on easily behind him, her arms wrapped tightly around his waist to prevent him from falling.

"I'm sorry," she told him, as they made haste to the Academy. "I should have come to check up on you last night after the battle....made sure you were okay. None of this would have happened."

She bit her lower lip. Alvender was so much stronger than she...and to see him like this...it was almost too much to take. When they landed at the academy, she helped Alvender off Yukiko's back. The healers were there already, alerted to their presence somehow.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I stepped out with the healers, nodding to Skye. "I didn't know if you would have been enough for him," I reasoned softly. "As soon as I got you to him, Dapis and I took off again..."

I watched the healers surround Alevander, and I hoped they would be able to help... Somehow, he seemed important, even though I had only been there for a day or so. It was easy enough to tell. And, when I healed, I took on a liking for the person, and to see Skye so upset made me rather upset as well.

Dapis swelled beneath me and gave me his body to lean on. I did so greatfully, rather tired from lack of sleep the night before.

OOC: That, at least, would explain how the healers appeared! XD

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    "Don't be sorry, milady," Alvender whispered back to her as they flew to the academy once again. "I made sure that I locked the door and then went on to reset my traps. If you tried to enter, you'd have been turned into a toad, which only I could have undid the curse," Alvender continued, his back was to Skye, so she could see the smile that spread across his face when an image of Skye being turned into a toad appeared in his mind. "Agatha was in there waiting for me before I got there," he explained as they landed. "The fault is mine for leaving your side and not accepting your aid."

Hopping down off the dragon with the grace only an elf could possess, Alvender mistook how much he had healed already and went to one knee.

As the healers came at him, Alvender felt a snarl try to replace his pain. Again the feeling of he could do it himself came over him as the healers pushed him gently on the ground and started to heal him.

"Ow! Watch the broken rib!" Alvender cursed as one of the healers bent down to see what all was broken. Then a sharp pain came from his back as they rolled him over to see the damage on his back. The sharp movement was all that was needed to knock him unconscience.

When he awoke he was in what seemed to be a hospital wing, from the looks of the beds, and how he was laying on one of them. A few notes were scribbled on a piece of parchment beside him on a small wooden desk that confirmed his suspicions. There on the paper was his name, his race, his age, the treatment he went through, a long list of his injuries, and a few names that had wished to visit him when they aloud visitors.

"Half-elf?" Alvender asked himself as he looked at the race they designated him. He sighed loudly, his sire and dame were in fact pure-bred elves. "Can't tell a half breed from a pure bred?" he remarked sarcastically as he through the parchment back on the table and decided to rest his head on the pillow without falling asleep.

Luckily, his wounds were all healed, and he didn't feel any pain past maybe sore ribs and other bones. Nothing was broke and his cuts had become scars, so no real damage was left.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    As Alvender was carried off, Skye turned to the girl that had helped her find Alvender, and also had healed her at the battle the night before. Skye's eyes were tired and worried, but a warm appreciation shone through her anxiety. She extended her hand to the girl, Yukiko watching peacefully from behind Skye.

"Thank you for all your help," she said softly but with a deep sincereity. "My name's Skye. I'm studying spell casting here."

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I took her hand and smiled. "Lily," I said gently. "I plan to study spell-casting and healing here."

Dapis snorted. You don't need any more training in the healing department. What you know now is enough to regularly get yourself killed through over-exertion. he snapped.

I ignored his comment and looked to Skye. "Do you want to pay Alevander a visit before we both pass out?" I suggested gently.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Skye felt a chuckle escape her lips, despite herself. Yukiko had become her smallest size and resided contentedly on her shoulder. Skye nodded.

"I think that would be excellent....it's great to make your aquaintance, Lily," Skye said sincerely. "I'm really grateful for everything you've done. Hopefully we'll be studying together..."

She led the way down the corridoor to the hospital wing. One of the nurses met her at the entrance.

"Is Alvender fit to be visited?" she asked politely, peering over the nurse's shoulder into the room.

"He seems to have recovered enough....go ahead,"

Skye thanked the woman, and led the way to Alvender's bed. She smiled at him, hoping Lily had followed, and sat by his side.

"Looks like you had a rough night....glad you're back," she smiled.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Lily had followed, slightly wary. She wasn't used to being in such close contact with other people, and it did seem like these two were sharing quite a bond... I smiled at Alevander despite myself.

"Indeed it is. You had us both quite worried," I said gently, looking around. I settled my gaze on Skye. "I don't think I'll stick around long... You and Alevander look like you could use some time without a third wheel," I said nervously, peering back at them. I found myself wondering where the flamboyant boy we'd met last night had ended up.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "Oh, I don't mind if you stay at all!" Skye said with a smile. She introduced Alvender to Lily. "This is Lily...she's the one responsible for bringing me to you this morning."

She looked back at Lily with a friendly smile, glad for her company. In times like these, one could use all the friends one could get. Skye found herself wondering in the back of her mind just how safe the academy was. This wasn't the first attack...and she was very certain that it would not be the last.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I sat down nervously, looking around again. "Only if you guys don't mind..." I said softly, still rather nervous.

I looked to Alevander, who seemed to have made a full recovery. I smiled at him. "You feeling alright, Alevander? You looked pretty worse for the wear the last time I saw you."

OOC: Sorry, major RPers block. Lots of crap going around my hometown, and my brain's kinda fried...

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    Still a bit upset about being called a half elf, Alvender just listened politely to the two. His head went back and forth as the two shared turns talking. Then they turned the attention to Alvender who only smiled warmly in reply.

It seemed ironic to him, he should be more worried about how he was recovering rather than the fiasco about being called a half elf! But it did terribly upset him, he knew it shouldn't have, but it did anyway. Then they asked him how he was doing, immediately his temper was dropped and he again smiled warmly at the two.

"I've never felt better," Alvender scuffed, he didn't mean to sound harsh but it could help it. The only spot that really hurt him was his ribs were the healers carelessly hit him. His independence started to creap up on him, and he started finding himself disdained that they even considered helping him. Still he kept these thoughts internal and merely said, "You truly didn't need to help, miladies. I could have recovered given the proper time. It might have taken a few days, but I could have done it." He kept his vocie light and appriciative, in truth, he really wasn't up for visitors, but it was the least he could do for the two.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I sighed. "It's what I do," I said flatly, not really trying to be cold, but he really seemed like he didn't want me there. His smile seemed a little strained, but perhaps I was reading too far into things.

I rose, smiling a bit. "I'm going to head out... Nice talking to you Alevander, Skye," I said, inclining my head to each in turn. "See you around..."

And with that, I scooted from the hospital ward.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    "You might want to get going, Skye," Alvender suggested, while Lily got up to leave. "Knowing Lucas, he'll be wanting to start training again as soon as possible."

"As for myself. I'll just get going myself, I need to find Quasak," Alvender said, finally letting out what was truly on his mind. Getting up, Alvender couldn't help gasp loudly at the pain, he had been fine laying on the bed, in fact, he thought he was fine. Then he stood up and he felt like he was going to fall to piece.

Gritting his teeth against the pain, Alvender just snarled at his own weakness and started towards the door at his normal swift pace, letting out a snarl with each step as it felt like his legs were going to break and half.

The nurses came in at the sounds to see what was going on, and immediately started scolding him. Alvender snarled threateningly as he shouldered his way passed, fighting back the want to suddenly sleep. He did know he had a concusion, but he wasn't going to let it slow him.

Regardless of the nurses, he fought his way out the door and tried to make it into the academy, but he took a bad step, causing him to fall down. The foolish young elf black out yet again from the impact of such a simple stumble.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Skye watched Alvender attempt to leave the hospital wing. It pained her to watch him, but she knew better than to get between him and his temper. She watched him fall, black out once again, and the nurses carried him back to his bed.

"Alvender..." she said softly, sitting on the side of his bed, watching him with a great deal of compassion in her eyes. "I know you probably can't hear me...but please, be careful. I know you're strong....we all know you're strong here. You don't need to prove anything to anyone....you've already proven yourself countless times already."

She brushed back the hair that had fallen onto the elf's face, and traced her index finger along his jaw bone, looking thoughtful. Yukiko, who was silently preched atop her shoulder, knew exactly what was on her mind.

The little dragon scampered out of the room, looking for Quasak.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I sighed and flopped back against a tree outside, cursing to myself. I hated being the way I was, but people made me nervous. I wanted friends, companionship, but it was hard. Other than Dapis, getting close to people was just too hard for me...

I laughed. As I thought his name, Dapis appeared at my side, small and geko-like. I scooped up the little lizard, smiling a little. "You're my friend, right Dap?"

The use of the nickname earned me a lizard-gurgle as well as a mental chuckle. Must you ask, little one?

"Little one?!" I laughed, still speaking aloud. "I am at least ten times your size right now!"

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    Quasak had landed in front of the academy's main enterance at about the same time Alvender tried his little stunt. He was too exhausted to transform, so he settled on resting his wary body, keeping his eyes on the academy and elsewhere to make sure all was safe. He didn't sleep, but focused on restoring the loss of energy he had suffered during his flight.

'Foolish elf,' Quasak criticized in Alvender's mind. There words echoed into the elf's consious, until he finally understood who it was and what it was saying, he was indeed mentally weakened.

Now that his mind was mentally recovering from the fall, the touch of Skye's finger surged through him like a lightning bolt, sending his eyes fluttering open in surprised.

Muttering a curse when he found himself back in the same bed, he turned his attention to Skye. She was indeed worried about him, his temper was uncharacteristic of many elves, maybe he was half elf after all. Or maybe somewhere down his families line there was half elf blood that incouraged the tantrums.

"Sorry, milady," Alvender said once he had all his emotions and thoughts together once again, he wasn't going to try that stunt any time soon. "I did not mean to upset you. I have some business with Quasak I need to attend to as soon as possible," Alvender explained, although he wasn't sure if the reasoning justified his actions.

"Please forgive me, love," Alvender added, as he stared into those compassionate eyes of Skye.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back