• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Weird Team

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2005
    Unlike most people, who go for the "unbeatable" teams that consist of powerful and rare Pokemon, I prefer to go with my favorites. My current favorite team is:

Rayquaza
    Absol
    Sharpedo
    Aggron
    Sceptile
    Mawile

These just happen to be some of my favorites, so I choose them ^_^. I'm the weird type of person who will use Porygon and Nidoking and not allow their Charmeleon to evolve. I do sometimes use rare Pokemon, however. Mew, Articuno, Rayquaza, and Jirachi are loyal members of some teams I have. Although, despite my love of Mewtwo, you'll never find one on my team.

So anyway, does anyone else have so-called weak Pokemon on their team?

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
  • I've got a Mixed Sweeping Arcanine, which is kinda sad. But in FrLg I needed a replacement for my beloved Houndoom!

But I get your point, Onix. It's nice to have a fun team on occasion. *Can't wait until Doom & Shuckle are available on FrLg*

Years
  • Why did you need a replacement for Houndoom? Houndoom is actually pretty good in FRLG if used correctly on a decent built team.

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
  • Aiya Quackform said:
    Because I can't get an ingame Houndoom yet without a GS, which I don't have.

Try renting Pok?mon Colosseum. Cheaper than buying the game, plus it isn't that hard to beat AND you can get the stat boosting berries as well as Hound(our?)oom, 3 Johto starters (or at least their 1st evos), and a **** load of others, some with decent items. You could probably beat the game in a week, if you tried hard. If you can't rent it, then try borrowing from a friend who might have it - but if you did have a friend that has it, you could probably just get whatever you need from them - or buy the game...

Other than that, al lyou can do is GS your game, or wait for Emerald to come out... =/

P.S. If I could beat it in a week, I'm pretty sure anyone could XD

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • My mate is gettin Colliseum tomorrow, and I wanna flog some **** off it.

I heard it comes with Jirachi so would we both be able to get one?

And could we both have the other pokemon like Doom and stuff?

Or do I have to wait for him to beat it then beat it again?

I'd buy it myself, but I prefer PS2 over GameCube, ANYDAY.

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
  • Lion Heart said:
    My mate is gettin Colliseum tomorrow, and I wanna flog some **** off it.

I heard it comes with Jirachi so would we both be able to get one?

And could we both have the other pokemon like Doom and stuff?

Or do I have to wait for him to beat it then beat it again?

I'd buy it myself, but I prefer PS2 over GameCube, ANYDAY.

Just to say, this is horribly off topic XD

Jirachi comes with the BONUS DISK that you get/got when reserving Colosseum before it came out. The bonus disk isn't coming with your friend's Colosseum, if they're getting it at the store. If it's like some eBay package that includes the bonus disk, then... uh, yeah...

Technically, only one of you has to beat the game to get the Pok?mon (I'm talking about Houndoom, etc. not Jirachi) because you could just trade it over to a R/S/E/Fr/Lg cartridge and breed.

On topic:
    Onix, I do have some weaker Pok?mon on contest teams, but that's about it. I don't use ubers and try to steer clear of OUs...

Shuckle

Most Hated Strategist.
    Years
  • I'm sorry to inform you that nidoking and porygon dont suck. however pory1 sucks, but pory2 is good it can be a boltbeaming threat and with evs one of its defenses can 300+. I usually go with regular defense, tho some go with special defense.

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • Nidoking can be a nice mixed sweeper or a purty cber :O

And don't forget trace... screws up Volt Absorbers and the like. And you'll love it when your opponent sends out Shedinja (if he's n00b enough to use it)

Back