• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Weirdest, Scariest, Most Interesting thing to happen to you in a Pokemon game

Years
    When we play our Pokemon games, we have that occasional weird, scary, interesting WTF moment.

Discuss some really weird, scary and interesting things to happen to you in a Pokemon game!

One thing in Black that took me by surprise was the super-tall grass on Route 7 shaking, it was totally scary cos I remember walking on that balance board and falling into shaking grass. Whoa, it was really scary and all I found was just a stupid Emolga.

I hate that kind of grass cos it makes you slow and you can't ride your bike in it.

And I remembered when Cheren took down my Hydreigon with that Haxorus of his. I have since equipped Hydreigon with a Dragon Fang so she can one-hit KO that Haxorus with Dragon Pulse.

And also Drayden's Druddigon scoring a critical hit and defeating my Gothitelle. Gothie has since gotten over her loss.

And those Trainers found post-game in B/W - massive level jumps, some almost took me down.

I also remember training a Clefairy in Pearl once, I gave her a Lucky Egg, commanded her to use Metronome and it turned into... FLING WTF!

At least Black and White makes it easier to obtain Lucky Eggs.

Years
    Oh that pervert standing outside the grass gym in Fire Red saying "hohoho it's so many girls in this gym!"

Guest123_x1

Perhaps the scariest moment for me playing a Pokémon game happened on Labor Day 2000, when I started up my Pokémon Yellow, only to get an error message saying the saved data was destroyed. I don't know exactly what I did to cause this. (I'm pretty sure I didn't exploit any glitches.) The save file that got wiped out was one I had since about January or February of that year (I had got that game for Christmas 1999). Another was when I was battling Hikers at a point in that same game (in Rock Tunnel?), and struggled so much I was at the point where I was going to lose.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    On several (pirated) Pokemon files, I kept getting "the saved data was deleted." There were also times when I WTFed when Metronome copied several legendary signature moves (Judgment and Spatial Rend were among those).

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Has to be when my pokemon sapphire said the internal battery had run out and could no longer be used, before my first ever pokemon red has even died... or even my ruby which I maxed the clock on.

Most annoying had to be when I killed the first ever shiny I saw due to a miss click. lol

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
    my scariest moment was in LeafGreen. my Pokemon's levels were lower than the Champion's like 6-10 levels lower. Thank god for my Zapdos, Starmie, Golbat and Charizard... they all manage to take his Pokemon down. my heart was actually beating fast cause I thought I'll lose the fight for sure. My weirdest moment was that I critcial captured Reshiram in an ordinary pokeball.

Years
    my scariest moment was in LeafGreen. my Pokemon's levels were lower than the Champion's like 6-10 levels lower. Thank god for my Zapdos, Starmie, Golbat and Charizard... they all manage to take his Pokemon down. my heart was actually beating fast cause I thought I'll lose the fight for sure. My weirdest moment was that I critcial captured Reshiram in an ordinary pokeball.

Well, at least you DID win.

I remember that tough battle against Ghetsis, that Hydreigon is such a pain to knock out and it's so tough too.

I sighed in relief when I finally got past Ghetsis. I beat Black in 13 days, just one day short of a fortnight.

WTF! You critical captured Reshiram with an ordinary Poke Ball!

What nature did your Reshiram have? Mine turned out Modest, which is the perfect nature for Reshiram and I was so lucky to get a Modest Reshiram.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Oh that pervert standing outside the grass gym in Fire Red saying "hohoho it's so many girls in this gym!"

LMFAOO

anyways

When I first started playing Pokemon Red and Blue when I was like seven years old. I first went into the Pokemon Tower, I saw a Ghost (this was before I needed that Sliph Scope and I didn't know) I got really scared and I thought that my game was broken. I also tried to capture it and it moved to the side which also creeped me out.

:t354:TG

marcc5m

what
    Years
    OMG I HAVE TWO!!!

First one was in Diamond. I traded someone something, and he gave me a Swinub. The trade was just so I could find my SID but he said just keep it. 'Kay so I was training for Victory Road, and my Pelipper was kinda trailing behind, so I replaced him with Mantine. After that I saved and went to catch Uxie and Azelf, and succeeded in catching both. Then I made it halfway through Victory Road, training my Swinub and when it was one level from evolving, my game froze.
    After resetting it I checked my PC.
    Swinub was gone.
    Uxie was gone, but Azelf was still there. Strangely, neither were on my Pokédex - not even as seen.
    Pelipper was gone, and in it's place was a Mantine, the same level as the other one I had.
    Also the legendary beast events wouldn't download. Idk all of this just freaked me out.

The other one was on Platinum. I got my exam results on August 4th, and as a reward for passing, my dad bought me Platinum. When I got it, there was already a save.
    The player's name? Marc. His last save? 4th August.

0_0

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Are you sure your copy of Diamond is legit? Where did you purchase it? Was it used beforehand? I think hacking could have been the cause of that...

Your Platinum was also purchased used, correct? First off, it could've been a save from a year ago, or "Marc" may have set the date on his Nintendo DS to a date that was in the future. Or it may have been purchased the same day "Marc" sold his.

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Lol The scariest thing to me is that i would fail my master ball(Yes, it has 0.1% chance of failing) on a pokemon!

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
    The scariest thing that ever happened to me was when my Fire Red deleted my save file. I worked really hard to get to where I was there, and I can't believe it went away just like that :(
    I have since lost my motivation, and the cartridge.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Scariest was The Old Chateau in D/P. I tried going there to find the ghosts but, too scared. Lavender wasn't that scary lol.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Not really something that happened since it was part of the game, but I always thought the Old Chateau was SCARY. I went in there with my friend when we were little and we saw this girl ghost and it creeped us the hell out XD

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
    I had a new scary moment, in Black, I wish fishing on Route 1 with th Super Rod and my Pokemon's levels were close to 57. I tried the rippling water and I ended up encountering a Lv 68 Milotic and I couldn't escape and had nothing to escape from it...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    My Dragonair was once one-hit ko by a ditto in Red. That shook me, I won't lie. That was a giant amongst Dittos...

And also Drayden's Druddigon scoring a critical hit and defeating my Gothitelle. Gothie has since gotten over her loss.
    Oh, thank god. We can't have emotionally scarred pokemon wandering about!

Years
    The Old Chateau... definitely.
    Pokemon Tower, Mt. Pyre and the tower in Unova... (I forgot its name) weren't scary at all... but Old Chateau... *creeps*
    The music made it even scarier... (I never discovered the butler ghost btw... the girl I saw many times)

My WTF moment was when I first saw Stunfisk in Pokemon Black. I was like 'WTF is that?'

Back