• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wheels on the Car... [Dish #10]

Years
  • [css-div="background-color: #FFF380; padding: 25px; border: double; border-color: #0000; border-width: 17px; text-align: left; width: 600px;"]
    The Wheels on the Car - Incoming Driving Test

That's right, my practical driving test is tomorrow and I'm only slightly, completely freaking out. It's my first attempt at passing and very few people ever pass their first go - but I'm not made of money and only the first test is included in the price of getting your learner permit.

The driver education system here in Australia is extremely convoluted, you're eligible to take your first theory test to earn your learners at sixteen. Once you pass your theory test you then get your learners permit and must display L plates on your car. Then over a six month period you must complete at least 25 hours of driving before you can set your PDA (the test I'm doing). When you eventually pass that you go onto phase 2 of your learners and after another six months can sit your hazard perception test - if you pass that you then go onto the first phase of your probationary licence. I honestly cannot remember how long the two phases of your P's last but in all in all it takes forever to earn a full licence. The point being, I'm desperate to have some freedom of mobility and the easiest way to have that is to get onto my P's as quickly as possible. That and the cost of repeated passing attempts (and the massive wait to get test placements at our understaffed facilities) are causing me to be extremely anxious about my test tomorrow.

L-plate.jpg

I'm really hoping I don't get one of those nasty examiners who refuses to pass people on the first go... and that my car gets the roadworthy tick since it's only just passable by our ridiculously high legal standards. Anyway, I'm going to stop typing before this turns into a Rant Rissotto. Wish me luck!
    -Gimmepie

[/css-div]​

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • If it makes you feel any better, your tests aren't completely different the United States version. You'll do just fine. What is the hazard perception test though? Sounds intricate.

Years
  • El Héroe Oscuro;bt101594 said:
    If it makes you feel any better, your tests aren't completely different the United States version. You'll do just fine. What is the hazard perception test though? Sounds intricate.

From what I understand it's a computer simulation or test that requires you to identify potential hazards that can appear on the road and act appropriately.

Back