• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The white forest Hail team (RMT)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrein

Banned
Years
  • Haha, Hail! Hail became so useful compared to Advance. Two non Ice-types (even thought Suicune is pseudo-Ice anyway) were combined here for additional coverage.
    ---
    1)
    (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Spd/92 SAtk/160 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Grass Knot
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Blizzard
    The most obvious lead, and also the adorable fir tree of the forest! Grass Knot helps against (literally) bulky Waters, while the rest is ordinary SubSeeding. Max HP and 160 SpD EVs enable it to take Ice Beams easily, while 6 speed lets it outurn Swampert. The rest goes to SpA, which is, coincidencly enough, a base 92.
    ---
    2)
    @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/46 Def/104 Spd/108 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Blizzard
    - Calm Mind
    - Tailwind
    - Surf
    It shouldv'e been Water/Ice, but it isn't for some reason. A white forest needs a white light to sparkle it. While "ordinary" Suicune use 212 SpA EVs to OHKO Garchomp with Ice Beam, the 100% accurate Blizzard let's it cut it's SpA EVs to a mere 108, while still OHKOing Garchomp. Those 104 left EVs were moved to speed-giving it 232 speed, or 464 with Tailwind-enough to outurn any non-boosted pokemon I'm supposed to encounter (Deoxys-S is Uber now, but most only use 462 speed anyway)-giving it a chance to turn the tables and suprise an opponent thinking it CMs to tank.
    Apart of that, a useful Fire and Steel resist.
    ---
    3)
    (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 66 HP/252 Atk/192 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Ice Fang
    A useful STAB EQ, and an important physical sweeper. I chose not to use the Curse set, as it's a waste with Tailwind.
    ---
    4)
    (F) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/148 SAtk/30 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Blizzard
    - Wish
    - Shadow Ball
    - Mirror Coat

Mirror Coat is a suprise for Flamethrower users. Besides that, the fox of my team <3...what kind of forest is it without a fox <3...
    ---
    5)
    (F) @ Choice Specs

EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Destiny Bond
    - Blizzard
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Here's my little princcess, finally! A most-useful Fighting immunity, and in case I must eliminate a strong sweeper, Destiny Bond is there-it's over Psychic for coverage.
    ---
    6)
    (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 HP/60 Atk/198 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Roost
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Dance

I like Dragons as well, and I always had a soft spot for Dragonite. While it does give me another Rock weakness, it can easily Roost of the Stealth Rock damage, and remove it's Rock weakness for one turn. Also, a useful Fighting and Fire resist and a physical sweeper.
    I credit smogon for these EVs thought...
    ---
    At the time you weren't responding to my first team's thread, I was building a second one. I'm doing my best to improve, and having fun all the way.

Last edited:

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • Swampert will switch out 100% of the time anyway. Also, just what is it taking Ice Beams from?

Er...you do realize Garchomp has been uber for a very long time? And you said Deoxys is uber, why still EV to outspeed it? Put all of those wasted EVs into defence where they belong. Plus Suicune doesn't care about speed, you are better off with CMCune to be honest than a gimmick set

Mamoswine gets Superpower now.

Glaceon won't be surviving many Flamethrowers. Wasted EVs therefore.

Bulky Salamence is better here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You have four Stealth Rock weaknesses. Throw a Tentacruel in somewhere to Spin, plus counter Mixape and Heatran. No Walrein, the staple of Hail teams and no counter to Tyranitar, Heracross, and to be honest most things in the metagame. Barack/Heatran/Tenta/Gliscor/Walrein/Mamoswine would be better to be honest.

No offence, but I don't think Hail teams are for you.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Swampert will switch out 100% of the time anyway. Also, just what is it taking Ice Beams from?

Er...you do realize Garchomp has been uber for a very long time? And you said Deoxys is uber, why still EV to outspeed it? Put all of those wasted EVs into defence where they belong. Plus Suicune doesn't care about speed, you are better off with CMCune to be honest than a gimmick set

Mamoswine gets Superpower now.

Glaceon won't be surviving many Flamethrowers. Wasted EVs therefore.

Bulky Salamence is better here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You have four Stealth Rock weaknesses. Throw a Tentacruel in somewhere to Spin, plus counter Mixape and Heatran. No Walrein, the staple of Hail teams and no counter to Tyranitar, Heracross, and to be honest most things in the metagame. Barack/Heatran/Tenta/Gliscor/Walrein/Mamoswine would be better to be honest.

No offence, but I don't think Hail teams are for you.
    If I would have put Walrein I like so much youd'e complain I don't have enough physical power, right?
    Who should I drop for it?

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I told you before that if you don't take criticism correctly, you lose your posting privileges in PC. I guess your ban didn't teach you much.

And I saw what you said before you edited. That's the attitude that I told you to drop.

So until you can prove to me that you can be civil, consider your thread

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back