• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Wildlings

Years
  • The Wildlings [K+] (OOC/SU)

pic1013741_t.jpg

Tales of the Land Gone By

Every now and again the wise women tell us tales of the Land, and how many, many moons ago it was once home to great tribes ruled by Sorcerer-Kings, who built towers of stone, iron, and crystal that stretched up to the heavens itself and made grand halls in which the tribesmen lived like gods, wanting for nothing. All was well and peace ruled the tribes, until one day, the skies burst and monsters most foul descended upon the Land, hunting the animal spirits that so delicately kept the land in balance. Eventually, the balance of nature was cast aside, and great devastation was wrought upon the Land, as seas churned with an unnatural ferocity and storms raged across the forests. The great tribes were destroyed in the chaos, and the Land has taken back what belongs to it. The only things that remain of the Sorcerer-Kings are ruin, which house great creatures of every shape and size, from large orange dragons to sinister black dog-like beasts, and even more fantastical monsters. The wise women themselves are in disagreement about what exactly they are; retribution from the spirits for crimes untold? Foreign invaders wanting to pillage the Land? Or simply misplaced creatures looking for a new home?

Tales of the Land as it is Now

The answer to these questions however, is not really important to the People. We are more worried about hunting for meat and gathering our crops. We place the clan above all else in life; who else but our fellow kinsman would give us shelter and food in our time of need? Life is hard enough for us; not even worrying about the monsters that lie outside of the tribe's home. We are lucky to have been blessed by the spirits with such caring people to call our own, unlike the Bear Tribe to the north of us, who have fallen as savage as the spirit they are named after. And even more troubling are the thieves from the Bandit Kingdoms to the east, and even still dark whispers are spoken of the monsters outside; one can cause nightmares by his mere presence, red & blue streaks over the sky, a star-creature said to grant wishes, and even then more vicious creatures await. It is rumored that others of their kind still hold sway over lands even stranger. All of them have taken some interest in the People, though actions soon descend into fighting whenever food is involved, fighting that they seem to enjoy... The People always find a way to persevere however. We always do, with the help of the animal spirits. This is the way of things.

Every member of the People is tied closely with the power of the five Spirits, or so say the wise women. The snarling Wolf, the sly Snake, the majestic Stag, the wise Owl, and the tough Boar, all of these have manifest within every person, some more than others. Someone might be more like the Owl, making them good for thought, while a person who manifests the Stag might be more willing to open their hearts to the wild. Each Spirit manifests themselves differently in a person, making them, and the way they do things, unique. Even though these animals are no longer found, some say that they have simply found their refuge in the People, their spirits guiding their every action. This is the way of things.

And as for you? You are a young Warrior – a Wildling – not yet tested in the rites of passage. But you are no babe! Your heritage shows in every step you take, every word you speak, even being told by the look in your eyes. Though you are not fully-fledged in your clan's ways, any of the people can strive to be a Warrior; the wise women tell tales of how even maidens fought the wild beasts that now inhabit the earth, and of how cowards rose up and defended their kinsman. You only need to prove yourself, and collect the marks that are favored by the spirits, showing that you too can stand tall by their sides. This is the way of things.

…And such a time has just shown itself. The men and women warriors of the clan have gone out to sea on a raid, leaving your village with naught to defend it. Two nights ago, a foul thing crept into the village and stole away a babe - Rylka, the daughter of Yuri, the clan's greatest warrior. The wise women have met in council and have decided that something must be done. The People cannot be preyed upon. Even though something horrible might have happened to the girl, a rescue must nonetheless be taken.

You have been chosen for this task. Take up your arms and steel your courage. It is time to do your duty.

So What Exactly is Going on?

Welcome to the world of the Wildlings. 30 years ago, Pokemon were introduced, who knows how or why, to the world of modern humanity, and thanks to Earth's native species being hunted to extinction for limited space and food, an environmental catastrophe has occurred which left Earth's civilizations destroyed and in ruin. Now they roam the lands, claiming the environment as their own, while humanity has regressed to tribalism. Interaction between the two groups is limited, however the Pokemon have been taking in interest in humans lately… This particular RP takes place in what used to be Norway, near the ruins of Oslo.

So What's Unique?​

Having examined the various RPs around here, I can tell you that I run things a bit differently. The big change is that I use dice to decide dramatic outcomes (which come more often than you think). The result can often decide if you succeed or fail. I have GM'ed many games like this before, so I know what I am doing. Here is a picture of what type of dice will be used:

2ym6gcw.jpg

As obviously it's impossible to roll a physical dice on a forum, we will instead be using an online dice roller. When I as the GM tell you to roll a dice, there should be a button to roll the asked for dice there and get a result. That is all you need to know for now.

Prepare Yourself (Wildling Creation)

Name:

Sex: (Male or Female)

Age: (Can be anywhere you want. Just remember that you are a Wildling, and not a fully fledged Warrior of the clan.)

Kindred to the Animal Spirits: (You Wildling is represented through 5 animal spirits, the Wolf, the Snake, the Stag, the Owl, and the Boar. There are also 5 dice: d4, d6, d8, d10, and d12. Assign one dice to one spirit.)

Wolf:
    Snake:
    Stag:
    Owl:
    Boar:

The bigger the dice, the more that spirit manifests itself within your Wildling. While obviously your d4 Spirit is barely present in your Wildling, and meanwhile your d12 Spirit is dominant, a strong influence upon your attitude and personality, your d10 Spirit is special. It is your Warrior Die, and best exemplifies your fighting style. You may be fierce like a snarling wolf, accurate like a swooping owl, silent like a slithering snake, forceful like a charging boar, or swift like a majestic stag. Perhaps you have some other way of embodying your Warrior Spirit! Whenever you strike at or defend yourself against a foe, you will use your Warrior Die.

Marks: (Your Wildling will receive marks as he or she journeys on the rites of passage. Leave this section blank for now, as you have no marks.)

Appearance: (What does your Wildling look like?)

Personality: (How does your Wildling act to the world around him or her? Remember to try not to make your Wildling one-dimensional now.)

Possessions: (Any significant possessions? In addition, each Wildling carries a simple knife, a pack & bedroll, rations of dried meat for the trail, a skin of water, a torch & tinder, and a length of rope.)

Sample Post: (A demonstration of your Roleplaying abilities. Can be whatever situation you put your Wildling in, from hunting to interacting with your fellow clansmen.)

I myself do not have a character, but rather, as the GM, control the environment and any other characters that are not a Wildling, as I move the plot along in accordance of the player character's wishes. If you are interested in being a co-GM, send me a VM or PM and I will fill you in on what you need to know.

Basic Rules of the RP:
    1. PokeCommunity rules apply, including the standard word minimum on posts.
    2. I as the GM have the word on matters. If it's not from me or this OP, it's not really official.
    3. Be courteous and nice.
    4. Though I control NPCs, you are allowed to temporally control minor NPCs and the like, should we need to keep the pace going.
    5. Being active is appreciated. If you cannot post at least weekly, please let me know in advance.
    5. This RP is rated K+. We are playing as children here, so ultra-violence and the like is right out.

Brave Spirits and Warriors Fierce (Accepted Wildlings)

Slash

Sex: Male

Wolf: d8
    Snake: d10
    Stag: d6
    Owl: d12
    Boar: d4

Nacajin

The Wolf - d4
    The Snake - d8
    The Stag - d12
    The Owl - d6
    The Boar - d10

Dirk

Wolf: d6
    Snake: d12
    Stag: d8
    Owl: d10

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    I really like the idea of this Dungeons and Dragons-esque feel. Very unique and intriguing.

Name: Slash

Kindred to the Animal Spirits:

Wolf:d8
    Snake:d10
    Stag:d6
    Owl:d12
    Boar:d4

Marks:

Appearance: Wears a horseskin clothes: Tattered trousers, barefooted and a shirt that has charcoal coloured marks on it with the right arm open which shows a burn down the side from a rough encounter with a Chandelure, Has Blue-grey eyes, brown short hair that parts to the right, relatively tall, above average build, clean shaven. Has a slightly bulbous nose due to it being broken previously.

Personality: Shows incredible amounts of disdain ridding himself of any conflict not worth his time but shows lots of compassion in the activities he does pertain to, he is also a moral person that no matter what even if the conflict is tiny he will help if a person that is bad off is being wronged. he also reacts to situations with denial and sarcasm if, in a scenario he has lost or given up he will forget that it ever happened or proceed to joke about what went wrong knowing full well the errors he has produced yet feels no urgency to develop himself into a better more efficient being.. Never backs down from a hard challenge, no matter what, this has caused him to come close to death on numerous occasions from his arrogance. He feels incredibly lonely but can't interact with people in a social and friendly manner, this in turn has pushed everyone away from him so he has become a recluse and seeks comfort from solitude, keeping this standard has lead him to many regrettable mistakes as well as a few good perks.

Possessions: One necklace that he holds but never wears with a picture of a young woman in it.

Sample Post: Sitting in a tree, I watch all the activities that pass by me, a few wildlings run past obviously trying to hunt for something as always but a few seconds later three of them trip up the one in front and begin kicking into him, "HEY!" Jumps down from tree. "What are you doing?" One of them tells me to go away and then proceed to forcefully push me away. I frown before taking a deep breath and grabs his wrist and squeezes causing him to shriek. "Now let me ask again, what is going on?" The screeching wildling tells me he stole meat from their home. I look at the man being kicked before turning and walking away and shouting back, "Don't be too rough."

If I am missing something then I apologise because currently at this writing I am drowsy as hell.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry for the late reply, but I get tangled up in all sorts of things every now and then.

...Is this your first roleplay? Most people here accept some more "meat" to posts. This barely passes the word minimum, but otherwise the rules seem to be followed. Accepted, but there's a room for improvement. Glad to have you on board anyways.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Let me state right away, ive never RPd before. This concept seems really interesting though and i really want to be a part of it, so here goes my sign-up:

Name: Nacajin - inspired my a similar indian word, meaning loyal

the Wolf - d4
    the Snake - d8
    the Stag - d12
    the Owl - d6
    the Boar - d120

Marks: None yet

Appearance: About 1,80m tall, not fat, but somewhat chubby. Caucasian build, skin is a little bit tan. Dark and very short hair, as well as some facial hair around the chin. Greenish-brown eyes, small ears and little nose. A small mole right above the lip, on the right side. Scar on the left leg, backside, from falling from a tree at 4 years old. Wears simple toga-like shirt made from Bibarel skin, and short trousers made from Lopunnys. Usually walks bare-foot.

Personality: Nacajin is kind, open-minded and likes to be around people. He is always there to help friends and family, especially his old grandma. Nacajin is an optimist, who likes to think positive in every situation he is in. He loves to talk and chat, always making jokes and trying to entertain the people around him. He is good at judging how people feel and has a lot of empathy. At the same time, this makes him somewhat naive and delusional. Since he loves to help out, people might try to take advantage of that, without Nacajin realizing it. As he loves to talk and laugh, others might think he is arrogant or loves to be the center of attention. His flaws are that he cant take criticism too well, and although he is friendly and calm, he can be really mean and rude once he gets angry. This doesnt happen too often, but when it does, Nacajin shows a whole other side of him. Not only does he love to talk, but he is a good listener as well, always there to cheer someone up and give some advice.

Possessions: Besides the "standard kit", Nacajin doesnt have many things that are important to him. The only material thing he values is a very old piece of metal his dad once gave him, right before he went hunting and never came back. The piece of metal resembles an old coin, made of copper, and although most of the inscriptions on it have been erased throughout time, one can still see the Numbers "6" and "8" engraved on it.

Sample Post: Nacajin was really nervous. He had been thinking about this moment for a long time, had been preparing himself over the last days to succeed. He knew exactly what he had to do, but for some reason, his legs wouldnt respond. The grey Mightyena was right there, only a few meters in front of him, his back turned to Nacajin. All he had to do was take 2, maybe 3 steps, and thrust his knife into the animal. Hunting wasnt new to Nacajin: Bidoofs, Taillows, even a Sawsbuck, he had been out hunting a few times since he became the man in his family. But never had he attempted to hunt down and kill a Mightyena. The Animal in front of him wasnt an adult yet, but this didnt put Nacajin at ease. "Come on...you can do it...you HAVE to do it..." he kept thinking to himself. His family needed him to succeed, needed him to gather some meat and furr. He closed his eyes and counted to 5, like his father taught him...and as he opened them again he lept forward. One step away from the Pokemon, Nacajin made a terrible mistake: He didnt see a branch laying on the ground, somewhat covered up with snow. And he stepped on it. The silence of the wood made the crack sound as loud as a thunder, as if the sky itself would crash down on the earth. The Mightyena was startled and made a jump, turning around, his red eyes fixated Nacajin. As he prayed to the spirits, Nacajin thrusted his knife forward, hoping the wild Mightyena wouldnt have time to bite him in return...

Last edited:
    Years

• Few things of note; Wolves (and pretty much every Earth native animal) are extinct, so maybe he was fighting with a Mightyena or Houndour over food instead of a wolf, there's a few spelling errors, and as a mere observation, if he's the "empathetic" type, maybe the Stag would fit for his d12 instead of the Boar, so you might want to switch those two to better suit him. Other than that, everything else seems to be fine; I'll wait for your response before accepting the character. Glad you choose this for your first roleplay.

This looks interesting. I'll try to have an SU done by tomorrow morning, if not tonight.

No rush. Entrants seem to be rushing in right now. And just when I thought no one was interested... XD

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Few things of note; Wolves (and pretty much every Earth native animal) are extinct, so maybe he was fighting with a Mightyena or Houndour over food instead of a wolf, there's a few spelling errors, and as a mere observation, if he's the "empathetic" type, maybe the Stag would fit for his d12 instead of the Boar, so you might want to switch those two to better suit him. Other than that, everything else seems to be fine; I'll wait for your response before accepting the character. Glad you choose this for your first roleplay.

Sorry i totally forgot about that. I changed every animal reference to a Pokemon reference and double-checked for spelling erros, sorry for that. I also followed your advice and changed the dice around.

Years
  • Sorry i totally forgot about that. I changed every animal reference to a Pokemon reference and double-checked for spelling erros, sorry for that. I also followed your advice and changed the dice around.

This is your first RP right? Mistakes are made every now and then, don't get worried over it. Accepted.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    Sorry, I was in the middle of a million things so you will have to excuse my sloppy writing. I can have it updated soon.

Years
  • Post-apocalyptic, human world with Pokémon, d20 style dice rolling? Color me intrigued.

Name: Dirk

Wolf:d6
    Snake: d12
    Stag: d8
    Owl: d10

Marks:

Appearance: Short and slender, Dirk has a graceful, athletic build and lightly tanned skin. His hair is brunette and kept short, though it is usually messy since he never bothers to try and style or even tame it. His eyes are grey, and he has a small scar from his lip to his chin. He has several scars on other parts of his body, but he keeps them hidden. He wears a simple shirt and trousers, both long-sleeved, and unlike many of his peers, he usually wears shoes, soft shoes made from the leather of a Poochyena. He wears fingerless gloves made from a similar leather, the fingers lost by accident or misadventure, not design.

Personality: Dirk is the quiet but curious type. He enjoys learning and exploring, and is a good listener, although he's not much for talking. He is a bit of a magpie, and enjoys finding and collecting things, even if they aren't his. If something needs to be found, he is the one to ask, as he either took it or has seen it recently, and is very willing to try and find it. He is highly tenacious, and hates to lose, which has led to painful consequences in the past. Despite this, he enjoys the challenge of finding a solution to a problem, and the thrill of overcoming obstacles. Through all of this, he keeps a calm, relaxed demeanor.

Possessions: Although he enjoys hoarding and collecting things, none of his possessions hold any real value to him, save for one: a silver ring, a gift from his mother, bearing the inscription agnitio servo.

Sample Post: Dirk wanders through the field, keeping low. He has no particular target in mind right now, but he was supposed to be a hunter now, so here he was. He idly notes that it might rain later, unless the wind blows the clouds away. In his distracted state, he almost doesn't notice the flutter of wings ahead. He stops, seeing a brown and white feathered bird cautiously land in a small clearing. The bird starts scratching at the ground, looking for seeds or bugs or whatever it can find. Dirk silently praises his good luck, drawing his new hunting knife and leaping from cover. The bird tries to fly away, but Dirk manages the clip its wing with his knife, knocking it out of the air. He quickly plunges his blade into the bird's chest, ending its struggles.

Later, as Dirk is returning home, he is met by one of the older hunters. "Dirk. I've been looking for you. Have any luck out there?" Dirk smiles nervously, showing the dead Pidgey he had caught. "A little. I was just going back-"

The hunter interrupts him, grabbing his arm and pulling Dirk's knife from it's sheathe. He looks at the handle, scowling as he shows Dirk the name scratched into the bone handle. "Your name isn't Menion. My name is Menion." He delivers a swift backhand to Dirk, taking back his knife and the bird. "Since it was my knife, it was my kill. Don't ever take my things again, boy."

Dirk picks himself up, dusting off his clothes. He grabs a feather from the ground, claiming it as a consolation prize.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Name:darkert

Wolf:6
    Snake:4
    Stag:8
    Owl:10
    Boar:12

The bigger the dice, the more that spirit manifests itself within your Wildling. While obviously your d4 Spirit is barely present in your Wildling, and meanwhile your d12 Spirit is dominant, a strong influence upon your attitude and personality, your d10 Spirit is special. It is your Warrior Die, and best exemplifies your fighting style. You may be fierce like a snarling wolf, accurate like a swooping owl, silent like a slithering snake, forceful like a charging boar, or swift like a majestic stag. Perhaps you have some other way of embodying your Warrior Spirit! Whenever you strike at or defend yourself against a foe, you will use your Warrior Die.

Marks:

Appearance:Darkert is an overweight, white person, with hair died black. He has pale blue eyes that almost seem to keep a watchful eye over everything.He wears a black head band tied at the side, with red blood markings from a visible scar on his forehead after an encounter with a murkrow.

Personality:Darkert is a studious person , often taking a mental note of what pokemon behave like. He is a very cautios person, however if aggrivated he can become very infuriated and will attack in a blind rage. He is askilled hunter, however he struggles with some larger pokemon like stantler.

Possessions:he carries a watch from a relative(i will work this in later.)

Sample Post:He saw it before it saw him, the familiar illumination of a mareep lighting up the surrounding areas. He drew out his knife and humanely killed the mareep, before dragging the carcass all the way home, that's when it came sooping out the tree. A black blur, talons outstreched aiming straight for darkerts face, he ducked. He didnt duck low enough however, to completely miss the bird pokemon as it caught a line straight into his forehead. He turned around, and threw his knife at nothing . The bird had already gone, and so had part of the mareep.

By the time he arrived back at camp, the fire was already started, and sanjit, my father came up to me. ' darkert' he said 'its your seventeenth birthday coming up, and i was thinking of giving you your grandfathers old hunting knife.' knowing that his son was ambidextrious, he located the short serrated blade, leaving it with his other belongings.

Darkert looked at his watch and cried at memories of rhyley, his grandfather.

Last edited:
    Years

• There's a few typos and punctuation missing through the post, and to be honest, that first part of the sample post is a bit too gory for my tastes. Could you tone it down a little? Everything else looks to be following the rules, but those two thing leave me hesitant to accept you until they get fixed.

Back