• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    I sent a buncha torchics out (speed boost ones) and got some cool stuff like a japanese ditto, japanese jolteon, gourgeist, and high level roggenrola. Wonder trading is pretty fun :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2014
    I got a Japenese Eevee out of Wonder Trade omggg.

Not sure if i should trade it or not though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2022
    Got myself a Jolly Greninja this morning, which was a first since I'm usually getting Froakie or the occasional Frogadier. The only thing that could have made it better was if it had its hidden ability, Protean. I haven't checked its specifics just yet, but I'm guessing this is someone's starter and they're probably trading it away freely to start over. Not a bad find over Wonder Trade though!

i've been breeding protean froakies, if you want one, lemme know.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • I did a LOT of wonder trading last night, and it was fantastic.

I got a Japanese Ditto which was brilliant, plus a wide range of fairly good Pokemon. Only got about two or three bad trades, a Weedle, Zigzagoon and a Caterpie.

Got a lot of JPN Pokemon, a SPA and a GER. Good for Masuda, although now I have a JPN Ditto and a normal one, I can try any Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    I think I've been pretty lucky with Wonder Trade so far. Sure, I got a good few Pokemon that were just released straightaway, but I did get a Charmander, Froakie, Chespin, Arcanine and a Gible. :D

Years
  • Wondertrade is wonderful! Of cause you get a lot of bunnelbys and pansears but I mostly get japanese pokemons, starters and even a lvl 66 gengar. My collection of different coloured vivillons is also growing at a fast pace. Don't avoid wondertrade. It is really fun.

When I breed for perfect IV's I throw all the almost-perfect pokemons for wondertrade. People have gotten a lot of high sp.atk ralts and atk dratinis from me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    It's a LONG shot, but is there any chance someone on here in the last day or two wonder traded an Emolga (or Pachirisu, can't remember which) and got a Xerneas with a Bold nature? I had been GTS trading all day and I finally got a Xerneas but was trading between it and a zapdos in order to get one or the other with a nature I wanted. Anyway, I was doing some wonder trading and went to go make dinner and closed my 3DS. After I came back I opened it up and I was in the pokemon selection screen and as I really wasn't thinking about it, I had assumed I was in the GTS so I ofcourse selected Xerneas to trade for a Zapdos, well suddenly that yellow screen came up and I freaked out! I shut off the wifi switch then the power as soon as I could but sadly when I rebooted the game, my Xerneas was gone and I had the Emolga (or pachirisu, again, not sure which) in its place. Is there ANY chance someone here got it and if so, any way I could trade back for it? It was a genuine mistake but I just couldn't turn my 3ds off fast enough to stop the trade. Thank you so much if you can.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
  • To be honest, I can't remember the things I traded, but some of my more interesting results from the WT were...
    Larvesta (JPN. I was so excited about this)
    Several Eevees (JPN/GER)
    Bulbasaur (GER)
    Several Froakies (JPN/US)
    Charmander (SPA)
    Steelix & Onix (both US)
    Amaura (JPN)
    Mawile (US)

I mean, I'm not saying Wonder Trade is always a good idea, because I've gotten a lot of really awful trades too. But sometimes it's a lot of fun. I always try to give something cool, like pokemon which evolve via trade (I have a bunch of Haunters) or ones I got in the friend safari (Abras galore!). I also have a box full of Charmanders I've been wondertrading just because.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Is WonderTrade still giving people bad eggs?
    I heard it was....Unless that patch fixed it?

I have not heard anything new regarding the bad eggs, nor have I had the misfortune of getting one. I personally have to presume that it was a hoax meant to stop people from trading and, in light of it, I've been tempted to send out a bunch of Pokemon nicknamed "Bad Egg" as a sick sadistic joke.

have about 10 boxes full of Miltanks...trying to get a shiny! I doubt people would be too pleased with a Miltank if I sent all those out...*I* love Miltank...but not everyone thinks the same.

I've been sending Miltanks left and right. I've actually gotten a lot of Pokemon I've been missing from my Pokedex because of it (Omanyte, Squirtle, Noibat, etc.). My favorite thus far is a Naughty-natured Swinub with Icicle Crash (I would've bred for it on my own eventually, but this saved me the wait since I'm only about halfway through the game atm).

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • It's a LONG shot, but is there any chance someone on here in the last day or two wonder traded an Emolga (or Pachirisu, can't remember which) and got a Xerneas with a Bold nature? I had been GTS trading all day and I finally got a Xerneas but was trading between it and a zapdos in order to get one or the other with a nature I wanted. Anyway, I was doing some wonder trading and went to go make dinner and closed my 3DS. After I came back I opened it up and I was in the pokemon selection screen and as I really wasn't thinking about it, I had assumed I was in the GTS so I ofcourse selected Xerneas to trade for a Zapdos, well suddenly that yellow screen came up and I freaked out! I shut off the wifi switch then the power as soon as I could but sadly when I rebooted the game, my Xerneas was gone and I had the Emolga (or pachirisu, again, not sure which) in its place. Is there ANY chance someone here got it and if so, any way I could trade back for it? It was a genuine mistake but I just couldn't turn my 3ds off fast enough to stop the trade. Thank you so much if you can.
    The person you trade with comes up on your Acquaintance list. Not sure if you can voice chat them, but if you can, try to communicate with them and see if they'll reverse the trade.

Alternatively, as said in another thread in which someone lost a legendary, try to get a shiny. People will trade their legendaries for a shiny.

Years
  • Wonder Trade has been a flippant mistress!

Smeargle > Sneasel > Larvitar > Gengar > Fennekin (Male. Bad IVs.) > Charmander (Bad IVs.) > Another bad IV Male Fennekin > Roggenrola > Smeargle (FULL CIRCLE.) > Fletchling > Noibat > Wooper > JPN Ditto. Never can have too many. I give them to my friends who aren't lucky enough to chance upon them. It's something I just like to do.

ROUND TWO TO COME.

Wonder Trades Round 2 :

Zigzagoon > Plusle > Noibat > Froakie I got lazy and stopped.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Just got a level 84 Japanese Glaceon for a Growlithe. That's the most memorable for me at the moment.

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • I have not heard anything new regarding the bad eggs, nor have I had the misfortune of getting one. I personally have to presume that it was a hoax meant to stop people from trading and, in light of it, I've been tempted to send out a bunch of Pokemon nicknamed "Bad Egg" as a sick sadistic joke.

So it was a hoax :c ? Well in that case I have several boxes of Drought Vulpix ready to WT! I also have a lot of eggs stored for hatching but your scheme is quite tempting lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2015
    I traded a zigzagoon and got a growlithe with pokerus. I also traded a froakie and got a japanese kangaskhan with a masterball.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • So it was a hoax :c ? Well in that case I have several boxes of Drought Vulpix ready to WT! I also have a lot of eggs stored for hatching but your scheme is quite tempting lol.

I'm not going to declare it blatantly, but I'm starting to doubt it's real because I've made over twenty wonder trades in the past few days and have gotten nothing but regular Pokemon. Also, yeah, I was tempted to joke, but I don't think people would appreciate it too much.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've made plenty of wonder trades in the last day and nothing bad has happened. Seems to me like it's hearsay gone out of control.

I keep wondering if we'll see two people from this forum happen to wonder trade with each other completely by chance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back