• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phangy

Master
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Exactly my point. Sure you can trade eggs... if you can find a trainer who a) wants to trade, b) has an egg and c) wants to trade that egg.

In B2 and W2 it was very easy and straightforward. Just pick the egg and have a trade from anyone in the world. Much quicker and easier.

there wasn't a wonder trade in BW2

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Even so, Game Freak made it so that we could bond with those bits and pieces of Data, given that we spend enough time with them, and even for them to have memories of us, as seen with the girl in one town whop checks the pokemon's memories for you. It just made me wonder, because those bits and pieces of data are programmed to have emotions, as seen through that feature and many others. If the memory girl can show me a pokemon's memories and I can learn that "x pokemon rembered x event with x trainer and rememberes it was moved to tears", then I can feel a little guilty about sending a newly hatched piece of data out into a strange world or to a strange trainer who might neglect it, with that piece of data's only memory of me being the first thing it saw and registered as it's mother, as soon as it came out of it's egg. That's gotta be a traumatic experience for that poor piece of data, and regardless of the Pokemon's feelings about it, isn't it natural for trainers who send their Pokemon away to someone else, to wonder how that Pokemon is doing, on occasion?

I love this so much, the fact is loop holes in data can occur, virus's can modify and do things completely unexpected. The way pokemon data may have been made to do what game freak wants it to do, but how do we know these "zeros" and "ones" can't evolve and become much more then simply data.

I truly feel bad for pokemon that get neglected. Though they simply might be data I feel sorry for them. I feel bad trading off pokemon simply to try and get something better, not knowing what sort of future awaits my pokemon. I even feel bad constantly breeding my pokemon.
    Any pokemon in my boxes that I don't use I usually set free.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    The Delibird idea sounds nice, but I'll probably be too busy this season to breed them for this purpose, so I'll be sending out two boxes of 3+ IVed Staryu I already have from my previous breeding project. If not on Christmas day, then on New Year's Eve, they seem appropriate for either holiday.

DARKDESTINY

alone_in_the_dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    The delibird idea sounds neat, I might do a box of'em, if I find the time..

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
    Years
  • In total, I've used 3 boxes of WTing.

About 45 Adamant Defiant Pawniards --> 2 Jolly Gibles, an Adamant Bagon, 3 Ralts with all good natures, so I'm likin it. And the second time I tried it, I got a Hydreigon 0-0

well i run a pickup team, so i have a decent stockpile of things like rare candies.

Yeah, you can also purchase Rare Candies with PokéMiles on the Global Link.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I started breeding my Jolly Delibird gifts last night. Since I am not giving away my megastones, I've decided to IV breed them instead. I also teach them Aerial Ace, Round (carols anyone? lol), and Hidden Power.

Not sure if I'll have time to do a Pickup team, and find really good items, but I will attach Repeat Ball or Full Restore to each one. I am trying to do the Masuda Method at the same time, so hopefully some lucky people will get a shiny :)

EDIT: I also plan to capture a bunch of Roggenrola, breed for Naughty, and name them Coal... not sure what item to give them. What's the most-useless item? (Take THAT you Zubat people haha)

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • wonder trading right now, Sending off mainly Ralts breeding rejects. So far noteworthy trades include a Japanese Machoke and a Graveler.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    I started breeding my Jolly Delibird gifts last night. Since I am not giving away my megastones, I've decided to IV breed them instead. I also teach them Aerial Ace, Round (carols anyone? lol), and Hidden Power.

Not sure if I'll have time to do a Pickup team, and find really good items, but I will attach Repeat Ball or Full Restore to each one. I am trying to do the Masuda Method at the same time, so hopefully some lucky people will get a shiny :)

EDIT: I also plan to capture a bunch of Roggenrola, breed for Naughty, and name them Coal... not sure what item to give them. What's the most-useless item? (Take THAT you Zubat people haha)

hard stone?

i'm going to have a box of em holding rare candies, pp ups, max revives, lucky eggs, leftovers, and a few with bp items.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    oh wonder trade, i am sick of your protean froakies.

LOL!!

I just got a Hawlucha called NACHOOOOOOOOOO.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Last night, I was trading the last of my breeding Pokemon, the Scythers. After 11 or so wonder trades, I came to this one Scyther that I had JUST NOTICED WAS SHINY. I mashed the power button, but it was too late....
    I accidentally wonder traded my first ever shiny in X and Y....
    For a Zigzagoon.
    *Sniff...*

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Last night, I was trading the last of my breeding Pokemon, the Scythers. After 11 or so wonder trades, I can to this one Scyther that I had JUST NOTICED WAS SHINY. I mashed the power button, but it was too late....
    I accidentally wonder traded my first ever shiny in X and Y.
    For a Zigzagoon.
    *Sniff...*

Dude that sucks, my first shiny was a Ralts I breed, it had terrible IV's but I planned on keeping it. Eventually I wanted to restart my game over and tried putting it on GTS and trade it back to myself when I started over. I haven't seen it since...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    oh wonder trade, i am sick of your protean froakies.

LOL!!

Same here. I get more Protean Froakies and Charmanders than I care for. Stop giving me those things, Wonder Trade! I have my own Protean Froakies and Charmanders and can breed them. Gimme something different!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Last night, I was trading the last of my breeding Pokemon, the Scythers. After 11 or so wonder trades, I came to this one Scyther that I had JUST NOTICED WAS SHINY. I mashed the power button, but it was too late....
    I accidentally wonder traded my first ever shiny in X and Y....
    For a Zigzagoon.
    *Sniff...*
    ouch. Sorry
    But my belief is that while it's always nice to get a shiny, especially unexpectedly through WT, I think you'd be much more attached to and even more grateful to own a shiny if hard work through chain fishing or Masuda medthoding is done to achieve it on your own.
    I like shinies and all, but if I ever got one from someone else, I probably wouldn't bother with trying to train it, because none of the pokemon I get from others I bother training.While they do level faster, it doesn't allow you to spend as much time having the Pokemon with you, and wouldn't you want a shiny with you- in your party- as long as possible?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Japan is getting Bank before the U.S. by a couple of days. Do you think Wonder-Traders will offer up some Bank Pokemon from Japan?

Those days are Christmas anyway, so you probably wouldn't be online anyway.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Japan is getting Bank before the U.S. by a couple of days. Do you think Wonder-Traders will offer up some Bank Pokemon from Japan?

Praying that they do. Going to spend a lot of Christmas Eve trying to find some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back