• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Who wouldn't want an adorable little Eevee in their stocking for Xmas? Who could say no to that face?
    Delibird is going to deliver my newly hatched non-shiny babies to trainers who'll give them a good home!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've been wonder trading beldums today and a few other safari pokemon you can't get early in the game.

Admittedly I'm kinda hoping I'll get a Japanese person to send me one of the unobtainable pokemon....but if some newbies get some cool pokemon out of it then it's all good. So far I think I've only wonder traded to one person who got the game for Christmas....he had only just over 2 hours logged anyway...

I put a beldum on the gts and asked for a meowth, but nobody is biting...

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm going to be breeding tyrants and charmanders with egg moves and wonder trading them. And maybe some of the fossil pokes too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Help Clean up Wonder Trade

Hey. I know a lot of people use wonder trade, and if you use it a certain way you may not want to stop using it that way, but I thought I'd make this thread to try and get more people to help.

At first I went and caught a bunch of random pokemon and started running them through the wonder trade, then later on I would trade a box full of pokemon, check the IVs, keep the good ones, then wonder trade the ones I didn't want. Now I'm realizing that's a scummy thing to do. I don't know about you guys, but I'm changing the way I wonder trade.

From now on I'm only going to be Wonder Trading pokemon that I've been breeding, or who have at least 3IVs, or who evolve through trade (maybe even give them the item they need to evolve). When I get, say, a luvdisc at lvl 15, or a caterpie that someone caught, I'm going to start releasing them instead of running them back through. I had a box full of 4-5 IV Impish Harvest Phantumps the other day that I ran through wonder trade, and I feel good knowing that a bunch of people got some good Trevenants.

Anyway, post here if you've decided to help clean up Wonder Trade, or if you've already been doing this, or express anything you want to about the topic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i actually literally just got a 3ds and the game and signed up for this forum, how do i get pokemon from friends? I could really use anything, just started.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • I totally agree. I'm sick of giving away crap pokemon that I breed for a shiny. I'm also sick of getting flabebes and bidoofs and eevees.
    I recently started only trading feebas holding prism scales. Hopefully more ppl catch on and wonder trade gets more fair.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I'll be trading left over azurills from Masuda breeding. A few should have ha, good nature, and egg moves. Is that ok? It's the best I can do.
    Well, I'm not trying to tell people they're doing wrong, or set up rules for people to religiously follow. I mean, I'd be happy if I got a Azurill with a few IVs on it, but even if they don't that's fine. As long as you try to help clean up the pokemon you get back and not push any more useless pokemon into circulation, I'll be happy.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Just got a Klefki on wonder trade called Deine Mutter. Its German...and I seriously don't get the joke >> Gunna check its IVs, breed it if good then release the abomination.

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • I agree with you here! I've actually had the courtesy to take my time and mark the perfect IVs on every single offspring I've bred for other people so they don't have to go through the trouble and go to the IV guy and check themselves, since most don't even bother using the marks and just dump rejects into Trade.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Sewaddle isn't from pokebank. However, by now pokebank 'mons should be more common.

I think they meant a pokebank sewaddle as in one migrated from Unova.

Just got a Snivy off the gts, so I'm going to start wondering them away soon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back