• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2014
    My friends and I pretty constantly participate in wonder trade battles. We take 6 pokemon (usually from breeding projects) and trade them, then battle with the ones we get without making changes to them. It takes a lot of luck to get something good, but it is always fun when that one mediditecan sweep their whole team thanks to good egg moves.

Years
  • I first wonder traded seven hatched Piplup's today, although the only cool thing I got was a Lv.52 Conkeldurr.

I then wonder traded some other pokemon, and got a Korean Drifloon, a Japanese Lapras, a Lv45 Durant and Lv35 Sliggoo along with many others. I also got a total of two Japanese Bulbasaur's today.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    It's sad when people start a game, then start wondertrading pidgeys, scatterbugs, and other low level pokemon to grab some good bred pokemon. I feel that the game should have allowed Wondertrading after beating the elite 4.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's sad when people start a game, then start wondertrading pidgeys, scatterbugs, and other low level pokemon to grab some good bred pokemon. I feel that the game should have allowed Wondertrading after beating the elite 4.
    Eh, people would still send crap into Wonder Trade anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    I've had a few nice things from Wonder Trade. I've had a bagon, ursaring, shuckle, a few charmanders and a magmar.

I've also had a ton of caterpie, snorlax and bidoof though. x3

I've been sending out my unwanted fennekin and eevee I've been breeding. I hope people don't mind them!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I just got a level 1 adamant Heracross that looks very good, the person who traded me it mentioned IVs in his message so he must be breeding them.

I haven't checked him out extensively yet but the guy in kiloude city said Heracross has relatively superior potential in it's Attack, Sp. Def and Speed stats. Sounds promising!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'm currently WT'ing off a bunch of:

[Flash Fire] 4-5IV Adamant Torchic (EMs: Crush Claw, Baton Pass, Low Kick, Night Slash)

And if my Quick Trade thread for DEX-fillers (Click Here - 4IV HA 4EM Torchics) doesn't go over well, I'll be WT'ing off the exact same Pokemon, only with Speed Boost.

I have about 30 non-HA and 30 HA Torchics, so this will be interesting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've put a Zubat into Wonder Trade earlier today, and got Charmeleon in-return. Didn't really need it, though, so I traded it back and wound up receiving Swellow. Since I don't have this Pokémon yet, I decided to keep it. =) It's nature isn't that great and nor is its IVs, but oh well, that's not really a big deal.

Years
  • I end up wondertrading away my rejects from breeding, so they have some pretty nice egg moves (but never the right ability, whoops). I did however get a Dratini with ExtremeSpeed which I bred with my Marvel Scale Dratini to get some nice results :D as well as a Totodile, Turtwig, and two Mudkips which REALLY help complete my National Pokedex. Otherwise, I usually just get mediocre or common Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I usually WT small stuff that I think newer players would be pretty happy to get like starters and ones only available through safaris or trades. I like sending out togepi and phione because even though they can be bred, they're a bit more unusual and kind of exciting when you're new.

I've received a shiny charmander and a shiny alomomola through WT which was pretty nice.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Thanks to the friend safari, I was able to farm some metal coats and king's rock. I will wonder trade all of them after I breed some good iv slowpoke, scyther, onix and poliwhirls.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I found out that Stantler cannot be obtained through X/Y except by import, so I might throw some baby Stantlers into the Wonder Trade after I fill a box for import from Black. Their only appearance in Gen. V also is the Abundant Shrine, but only in B/W (not B2/W2).

I recently brought some of the male Charmeleon in from a previous breeding activity in Black, trying to get a female for a trade there a long time ago. I succeesed but had two or three lines of males. Four have been traded, and I ended up getting two just-caught Fletchling (one from Spain however, may keep it despite Lv.2). I'm going to assume they were new players. I did get a baby Dratini with Extremespeed on the first trade, so it wasn't all bad. Also got a Spanish Scatterbug; I'll Vivillon it sooner or later.

I plan to also continue breeding Zorua in Black (though I'll get my Ditto out of the daycare for that breeding between two Zoroark with the same movesets).

Unfortunately, speaking of that Ditto, it seems I have a hacked Ditto of some sort. Nintendo did not allow me to transport a clone of it (BTW, the box I just transferred is all clones, so don't say cloning is the issue). So I'm going to have to see if anyone has a saved perfect Ditto that does transfer to X/Y that I can acquire. I'll have to use SS to bring forward some Shiny Nincada clones for that deal, perhaps, since my actual Shiny is currently in SS (originated in Hoenn, but clones of the original still in SS are in W2, but not sure if in my copy of Black ATM and will have to import there).

I also plan to import the Unown alphabet and start wonder-trading letters. I know they only learn one move, but for newer players who can't catch them even in Gen. V, they might be a nice treat!

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • I pretty much just get fletchings and scatterbugs over the wonder trade, except once! I got a shiny cresselia for a noibat :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I finally got my own Chimchar from Wonder Trade. Time for my fire monkey who knows Karate.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • There seem to be a lot of Charmander and Froakie on wonder trade right now. I got about 7 or 8 Froakies with Protean that way. Also all my Pokémon with great IVs have come over wonder trade. But that comes with a lot of Fletchlings and Scatterbugs too, so I guess it's not all good luck.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There seem to be a lot of Charmander and Froakie on wonder trade right now. I got about 7 or 8 Froakies with Protean that way. Also all my Pokémon with great IVs have come over wonder trade. But that comes with a lot of Fletchlings and Scatterbugs too, so I guess it's not all good luck.

Oh, I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Glad I'm not. xD" I've received three Charmander in a row today, and one yesterday. Have no idea what to do with them, so I'm simply going to put them back into Wonder Trade.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Strange. I haven't been getting any Froakies or Charmanders; and I would like some. I have been getting strange breeding Pokemon like Lvl 1 Carbink (Not sure who would breed Carbink).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back