• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    I got a Cyndaquil yesterday, which I was super happy about. :) But I agree about the Froakies and Charmanders, I'm getting sick of seeing them lol. I just toss them straight back into the WT.

I usually keep pokemon from WT to complete my dex. If I don't have their evolutions, I keep them in my team until they can't evolve any more, and then put them back into WT. Most of them have pretty good stats and HA so I hope people like them. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I have imported a box of Dream Radar catches. After 5:00, I traded my first six of the thirty available (including two Bronzor). I got the following:

- Lv.1 Froakie, Protean ability; Egg hatched on April 22.
    - Lv.12 Oddish, freshly caught from Route 6, met today by the trader but not worth keeping to me.
    - Lv.1 Amagara (Aurorus) from France, hatched today; has all 6 in the stats, so might be worth keeping for battle facilities. Keeping despite having a good one.
    - Lv.1 Froakie (Protean again), parent at least Lv.39, hatched in Japan today. After seeing a better moveset, the earlier one went into re-trades.
    - Lv.1 Froakie, hatched May 28, parent at least Lv.35 (trader from Brazil, but seems this trader got this Pokémon and retraded it as not tagged). No Protean, re-trade.
    - Lv.3 freshly caught Scatterbug from April 11; no forme data yet but will investigate.

I'll try to evolve my Scatterbugs without saving if I already have the pattern so someone else can have it. If I don't have the pattern, I save it.

6:00 hour, time to trade more. I traded three Porygon and three Hoothoot. The results:

- From Tennessee, a Lv.1 Eevee knowing moves up to Lv.30 including Charm. In other words; it becomes Sylveon after one fight if you love it immediately.
    - From Wisconsin, a Lv.1 Deino, which is great; I had yet to breed the baby (otherwise nothing special). Decided to hold on to it since I can choose a moveset now.
    - From Nagano, Japan (the former Olympic city), I got a Tranquill from a Friend Safari; unfortunately, it was a Super Luck one, but I needed one, so I kept it.
    - From nearby (to Japan) South Korea, a freshly bred Axew made its way over; no Hidden Ability or unique moves, but I now know SPA might be South Korea, not Spain. After much hesitation, I kept to see if evolutions also get the foreign tag and Pokédex data. If another of my Pokémon doesn't (a Scatterbug), I'll send it back out.
    - From Germany, Kindwurn the Bagon (in a Premier Ball!) arrived; it even knows the Egg Move Dragon Pulse, so I'll call this trade a tie. Definite keep.
    - From Chile, a Zubat fluttered over. Unfortunately, it seems to be American in terms of region; I figure this because "Zubat" appears in English with no tag.

I proceeded to do some retrades during the 7:00 hour, keeping the extra DW abilities for later. Hilariously, I sit on the couch in the Friend Safari building to trade.

1a) Froakie, with Protean, traded to somewhere in America; this became a water type trade as I gained a Squirtle. Male, nothing special, traded right back out.
    1b) The above Squirtle went to Mexico, where they could use some more water with the heat they have. A Flabebe named Wanda came back.
    1c) Wanda was a fresh catch, so she's off to Florida; I encountered a Gastly in return. Keeping for now.

2) Oddish traded to Oregan to someone seeking a Bug Safari. Can't help with that, but did get a bug: Spinarak. No Sniper, but I'm not complaining.

3a) Froakie (no Protean) traded to Säo Paulo. Ironically, I got a Lv.5 Froakie in exchange.
    3b) Second attempt at this. This time, I sent it to California for a Dugtrio. Not my first Dugtrio, and I trained mine. Sure enough, nothing special.
    3c) Dugtrio is off to Minas Gereis (is that near Säo Paulo?) for a Hoppip named HappyFlyer. Not a fresh one from the horde, but a baby. I'm curious, but not that curious.
    3d) To Puerto Rico this time. Bunnelby returns. I'll keep it for the Pickup ability as I was debating finding a couple anyway for that purpose (to find me some stones!).

4a) I thought of evolving Sylveon, but instead traded the Eevee with Charm to Japan. I see English letters on the trainer but can't understand them. Goomy arrives. This one's been trained to Lv.32 from an Egg. Trainer must have decided it wasn't worth continuing training for some reason. Will debate whether to re-trade later.

5a) Zubat traded out, but missed where due to an interruption. Charmander was about to be sent back out immediately (maybe this is why there are so many LOL), but the Web cut off temporarily.
    5b) Got back online and sent Charmander to Ireland where someone (coincidentally with the name "Ash") wants a Meloetta. Bunnelby came back. It has Pickup, so it can stay for now.

And that is my adventure in the last couple of hours.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm a wondertrade addict, its a good way to get pokemiles and there are times when you get something good.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I'm constantly wonder trading. I've gotten quite a few good things off it. I've even gotten two shinies! A Clawitzer and a Pancham. Lately, I've been breeding to try and get a shiny Fennekin. I'm just tossing up all of them on the WT.

Not to mention that I've won that pokemon lotto thing three times now with pokemon I've gotten from the WT. :D

Years
  • I finally got a Bunnelby that had Huge Power, but I decided to send it back out on Wonder Trade.

As for starter Pokemon, I still get Froakies, Charmanders, and sometimes a Chimchar.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    Code:
    Level 10 Sentret Female JPN KB PokeBall ->
    Level 11 Mime Jr. Male ENG KB Dusk Ball ->
    Level 1 Sneasel Male JPN KB PokeBall

Level 11 Kecleon Female JPN KB PokeBall ->
    Level 9 Vulpix Female ENG KB PokeBall ->
    Level 1 Charmander Female ENG KB Pokeball ->
    Level 50 Gothorita Female ENG KB Great Ball ->
    Level 3 Pidgey Male ENG KB Great Ball ->
    Level 48 Pupitar Male JPN KB Dive Ball

Overall? I'm satisfied.
    I will probably get 60-some pokemon and wonder trade them off and post the results here - eventually.

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
    Years
  • I've been wanting a Shroomish to teach my Chansey Counter but so far, no luck. However, I did get a flawless Scizor

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It was Natu day on Route 5 in my copy of W2, so I went hunting for a while and plucked two that look like they have potential, and kept a third with a guaranteed 31 Speed IV (gave me that instead of the range in a checker). That left me a dozen to import and spread joy with. All are Lv. 40-54 (55 is max. in game) and untrained, and since they normally evolve at Lv.25, they thus know strong moves. My results (and trading some of these later):

- Eevee, Lv.1. Knows Covet already, came from South Africa.
    - Beedrill, fully evolved, Lv.13. Guessing the Netherlands player merely wanted Beedrill for the Pokédex.
    - Zoroark, fully evolved (!), from the UK. I'm curious why this one would be traded.
    - Jigglypuff, Lv.49, from "Ash" in Nebreaka. Back in North America finally. Fresh catch for trader's Pokédex I believe, or already had one.
    - Pumpkaboo from New York. I guess they breed there, too. Getting a surprise evolution as I forgot they evolve on trade. Good! Needed to Dex it!
    - Illumise from Spain (tagged ITA). Looks like a fresh catch.
    - "Quacklin'" from Germany. Didn't he have an in-game trade for this nickname? Yup, Cliff.
    - Shinx, Lv.1, from Richard in the UK. He apparently wants a Genesect.
    - Woobat, a Lv.11 Unovan, from Brazil. This trade was a Lv.54 Natu.
    - Budew, Lv.17, from Japan (also tagged ITA). Nice, I guess!
    - From my own backyard in Ontario, a Lv.1 Mareep. Common in Unova, Route 12 horde in Kalos, but this was an Egg reject apparently.
    - Finally, from Michigan, a Friend Safari Gabite. No Hidden Ability tho.

Overall, not too bad. A few not needed there, but others I can train and evolve (Budew to Sudowoodo for instance), and I can delay training my Zorua within Kalos as I got Zoroark marked). Now I can just import breeding results from Black.

Shiny Espurr

The Cutest, Most Dangerous Poké Alive!
    Years
  • I've wonder traded countless times, but have never gotten anything super exciting. It was funny the one time I traded away an Espurr as I was breeding a pile of them at the time, and in return I got another Espurr. A pretty pointless trade if you ask me! It was still funny though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Today is the day I help clear up Wondertrade. Sending out Friend Safari Pokemon with 2 perfect IV's each (nice for breeding), and releasing the Junk Pokemon people are uploading.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Today is the day I help clear up Wondertrade. Sending out Friend Safari Pokemon with 2 perfect IV's each (nice for breeding), and releasing the Junk Pokemon people are uploading.
    I might go into one of my two-Pokémon Safaris (one with a starter, maybe each of the Kanto starters) and start catching those, doing the same. Granted, they are harder to catch. But I had the same fantastic idea.

Years
  • I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE!! :)

I've never been able to use Wonder Trading before cause I had problems trying to get my Internet to work but I've just fixed it and have spent most of the night trading away Seels (I have close to 4 Boxes full so it's likely someone here may end up with one lol), Electrike that I breeded with the move Crunch on them and Vulpix's as well :)

I kinda feel bad that I can't really trade anything better at this point but I'm hoping the things I'm trading are slightly rarer than Bunnelbys and Fletchlings etc. :)

The first trade I did I got a Rotom, and I'm not gonna list everything here obviously haha but some of the cool things I've got are:

- Froakie with Protean

- Shiny Chespin (I couldn't believe how generous they were, I hope they liked their Seel!)

- Dratini with Marvel Scale

- 2 Mudkips

- Vivillon (Modern pattern)

- Haunter which evolved into GENGAR!!!! I've never had a Pokémon that evolved by trading before :)

- Foreign Scatterbugs which I'm psyched about cause I love Vivillon :)

- Fletchling with Gale Wings and Pokérus

- EDIT: I just got a Lv. 100 Shiny Garchomp :o :o :o

After I'd done a couple of Wonder Trades, two of the people I Wonder Traded with were wanting Houndour and Staryu respectively so I went and caught them and offered them to them for trade, which they accepted :) It made me happy to help them cause they're X exclusives and I got a couple of Pokémon like Skrelp which I couldn't get before (being Y exclusives) so I know how exciting it is :) :)

Will most likely be updating this a lot as I think I've become somewhat addicted to Wonder Trade lol :)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    weird... I just got my very first Wonder Trade shiny 'mon.
    A Basculin. o.o

Aw well~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    That reminds me. I got a Shiny Magikarp through Wonder Trade and never noticed it. I chuckled at that when I discovered it during a PC cleanup for transfer to the Bank, and it's sitting in the Bank now with my Shiny Teddiursa and Audino from the Friend Safari.

I also have been getting some 5IV and 4IV Pokés. I'll update this later when I organize, as I'm doing some breeding and trading away those I don't use (but still 4IV and 3IV in some cases, and I even have a spare female 5IV Meowth to send out).

beastasaurus

beastasaurus
    Years
  • Im bout to start wonder trading off all my flare blitz jolly charmanders have like a million of them haha.
    btw anyone feel free to add and pm if u do

Johnnykal89

Johnny
    Years
  • was doing a random wonder trade after not doing it for so long (last time I did it I got a bunch of johto starters) I got a Japanese slowbro. Didn't think much of it and then went into my PC scrolled ever it and it had pokerus, needless to say now nearly all of my pokemon are infected with it :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    I was giving away Rattata one day on the Wonder Trade. It was awesome, but I didn't get anything interesting in return. Whatever. Still had a blast giving away a Pokemon you just can't get in X or Y alone.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Now here's a cool one. Fennekin with three of its four known possible Egg Moves. I received it with two 31 IVs and Tail Whip/Hypnosis/Heat Wave/Wish. Blaze ability, no hidden one. Timid nature.

In the same quartet, I got a Farfetch'd and a Pancham, each of whom I let go (not worth sending back out (EDIT: Farfetch'd was foreign, so waiting on that), and I was gifting mine anyway) and a 3IV Drilbur (don't think I had Drilbur yet!).

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I don't really get too many good things on WT :( I send out some happy stuff, though, like 4-5IV Pokemon with Egg Moves, or females in Rare Balls.

Tonight I'll be WT'd two and a half boxes of female Ball Pokemon :) so we shall see how that goes. I've completed the DEX, so hopefully I get some foreign Scatterbugs or some male EM Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back