• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The World Conference (World of PokéCommunity Chit Chat)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    ^

and likewise, if the creator can't explain the name, then the name is just nonsensical and serves no purpose other than "oh this sounds foreign so it must work for a name."

also, why is there a region called Violight when there was a region called Violight in Pokémon Conquest? Like . . . okay.

Violight was just a name i liked as i always have its just really a placeholder till i can change it or come up with a better one eventhough i really like the name but thanks for that :/

Rf though i totally agree thats definately a section im going to want to put in but obv since this is a new section threads are being kinda rushed if you wanna be one of the first :D

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Violight was just a name i liked as i always have its just really a placeholder till i can change it or come up with a better one eventhough i really like the name but thanks for that :/

You're welcome.

Personally I think the name is one of the first things that should be thought up. I was only questioning your region specifically because the region name already exists in the Pokémon universe.

Dedenne1

Years
    You're welcome.

Personally I think the name is one of the first things that should be thought up. I was only questioning your region specifically because the region name already exists in the Pokémon universe.

Well its kinda an important decision and if your less creative its kinda hard thats why ive been researching all day to find a new name since i dont wanna just make up one. Sangyo came to mind but im still debating

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    My region plan isn't meant to be playable as a game, but that makes a limit of ten towns terribly low. I have sketched a map which has 18 towns, but many are just for the purpose of showing there's some population on that place, nothing special. Some of them are composed of just a couple of farms, because I feel a region without farm villages wouldn't make any sense. Grain and corn have to cultivated anywhere. Some of them are easily less interesting than the forests and mountains. Now my question is, can I display them as discriptionless villages on the map without letting them count towards the limit?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    My region plan isn't meant to be playable as a game, but that makes a limit of ten towns terribly low. I have sketched a map which has 18 towns, but many are just for the purpose of showing there's some population on that place, nothing special. Some of them are composed of just a couple of farms, because I feel a region without farm villages wouldn't make any sense. Grain and corn have to cultivated anywhere. Some of them are easily less interesting than the forests and mountains. Now my question is, can I display them as discriptionless villages on the map without letting them count towards the limit?

Sure you can; the limit is there so that it'll encourage event participation, is all~

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I don't remember the reason behind Hendo any more :3 pretty sure I just corrupted a Japanese term to keep it in line with the majority of other regions.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Here is my feedback:

I think this idea of creating regions in the World Of PokéCommunity and join them it's really cool.
    People here can create their region, participate in activities, command their own region, members of any region can discuss ideas to improve it. People can interact with other regions, make new friends and most important of all ... people can have fun doing it!

I liked it ^^

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    What a great idea ^^ I will love see the people using their imagination to create and improve their region. I will have a closer look at the regions and after that I might think about joining one since I'm not creative to do so :/

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    So, this launch turned out better than I expected, and you know, I'm more than prepared to prepare the first global event soon, if anyone is up for it? o:

Dedenne1

Years
    I think we are since we got plenty of regions already and with the promise of more to come soon!

Etherion

Can we organize region only events? If so, where can we host them?

Etherion

kk, One more thing, do formes count as one slot in the Pokedex?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I don't remember the reason behind Hendo any more :3 pretty sure I just corrupted a Japanese term to keep it in line with the majority of other regions.

That's pretty much what I do too when I lack the inspiration for a name. Raoga is a corruption of ráðgáta, which is Icelandic for mystery. Not that I can speak Icelandic or anything...

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
    Hey. How do I encourage people to join my region? my region is heavily based on other people joining in a ruling their own slice of my Region

Back