• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The World Conference (World of PokéCommunity Chit Chat)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    @Dedenne Of course if the deadline was two weeks the contests would be biweekly and not overlap :).

Has anyone thought of making a Region and tying it up in the Roleplay Section if that's possible? The plot would be fixing up the mysterious uproars of outrage Pokemon, etc. (get a move on, Gym Leaders! Your respective town will be in danger if you don't get your butt moving...) with the Elite Four and Champion strangely silent about the situations... If you know what I mean... I'm not good at explaining, haha.

(well, I had this idea but I dunno if it's really possible.)

Sounds good :3 Judging by the threads a lot of people would be up for roleplaying a bit more - it's a perfect mix! Some people are doing minor roleplaying in-thread but something more developed and structured would fit in well in the Roleplay Theatre - and would be the perfect link between sections! :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yeah, I'll likely tie in Einrík to FF&W, and once we're allowed a second region, I'll be bringing in one that I've used in the RPT before, so then I can flesh it out before making another attempt haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Everyone here is really bringing out their best work for this newest contest.

I'm reading through most of them now and wow, you guys are a creative bunch!

Years
  • Has anyone thought of making a Region and tying it up in the Roleplay Section if that's possible? The plot would be fixing up the mysterious uproars of outrage Pokemon, etc. (get a move on, Gym Leaders! Your respective town will be in danger if you don't get your butt moving...) with the Elite Four and Champion strangely silent about the situations... If you know what I mean... I'm not good at explaining, haha.

(well, I had this idea but I dunno if it's really possible.)

With me around there is a 99% chance that you will see Oceia in the RPT at some point. xD

This is seriously why I love this section, it's the perfect bridge between the creative sections.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • You guys. You GUYS THIS IS ALL SO OVERWHELMINGLY BEAUTIFUL
    I MAY BE HIGH ON COLD MEDICINE BUT HOLY SHIT
    all of this worldbuilding no matter if its new ideas or old, molded to fit this circumstance and interacting with each other in such different ways
    telling insanely cool stories and putting in so much detail already YOU GUYS THIS WHOLE PLACE IS AMAZING

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • I'm actually planning a Region but it'd be months before I set it up, other than the Elite Four only following the Champion. The Region would definitely be not welcome for outsiders until 3 years ago- even then, they'd be distrusted or scrutinize even by friendly people. Hostile Region that's been in 2 wars... they might be the suspects of instigating war if that happens...

Still fleshing it out, haha. But that's the gist of it, a little.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Guuuys. All your formats and pretty blocky things around your different sections are so gorgeous. Are you all making them or is there somewhere you can get them?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Guuuys. All your formats and pretty blocky things around your different sections are so gorgeous. Are you all making them or is there somewhere you can get them?

css, I assume you mean.

It's coding, basically, but it's fairly simple. It's something that you kind of have to learn, but from experience, the best way to learn is to quote a post of css you like, look at the coding that was used to make it, and then try to learn how to do it yourself. d:

for example:

hehehe I'm so cool

would be this in code

Code:
    [PLAIN][center][cd=height: 180px; width: 180px; background: radial-gradient(white, silver, black); border: 3px dotted; border-color: cyan; border-radius: 10px; font-family: Shadows Into Light; font-size: 20pt; text-align: center; color: darkred; padding: 10px;]hehehe I'm so [color=navy][i]cool[/i][/color][/cd][/center][/PLAIN]

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I have a region that I want to send un, but being active in it will be hard. What to do?

If you want to be part of a region, but don't think you can be active enough to run one of your own, the next best thing you can do is to join someone else's region! Being part of a region means you can do pretty much everything that running a region entails, but you're not responsible for the day-to-day maintenance.

Years
  • Being part of a region means you can do pretty much everything that running a region entails, but you're not responsible for the day-to-day maintenance.
    Forgive me if this is already discussed somewhere, but what exactly are people who join regions meant to do? And on that note, if running a region, are you supposed to, like, engage with your "citizens" in some specific way?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Forgive me if this is already discussed somewhere, but what exactly are people who join regions meant to do? And on that note, if running a region, are you supposed to, like, engage with your "citizens" in some specific way?

So if you own a region you don't really have any requirement to interact with your members. The involvement level is up to you. Members could just be there to show they support you and to read along to the news you release for your region (basically the members do nothing), or it could be the complete opposite, where your region could be a roleplay for the members. Personally, I've been getting my members involved in various creative aspects (like ideas for locations and events), chatting with them, playing games, etc.

Back