• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The World of Shinies

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I used to really like Shiny Pokémon, but I found so many in X to the point where it doesn't surprise me if I find one. Heck, I wouldn't even care if I run away from one.

I sometimes like to hunt Shinies from time to time, however. I hunt them by finding them via Random Encounters. Even if that takes longer than say, the Masuda Method, I feel as if finding one via Random Encounter feels more satisfying.

I think the reason why Shinies are valued is because, well, they're rare. Another reason why people like them is that sometimes the colours suit the Pokémon more than their normal colours, like Shiny Charizard for example (which I find to be a boring Shiny, by the way).

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I certainly like shinies, though I've never gone out of my way to get them until Y (in which I've only used breeding for purposeful acquisition and have only bred a single shiny Growlithe so far) unless you count using cheat devices in Gens 2 and 4. I have kept and moved forward every (or more recently, WonderTrade obtained) shiny I've ever gotten since 3rd gen, though I only use ones that are a species I like and a shiny color I like. In all honesty it is awfully tedious to get shinies deliberately (even with the Masuda method and the shiny charm) so I would only reserve that for creating teammates whose shiny colors really stick out to me.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    I certainly like shinies, though I've never gone out of my way to get them until Y (in which I've only used breeding for purposeful acquisition and have only bred a single shiny Growlithe so far) unless you count using cheat devices in Gens 2 and 4. I have kept and moved forward every (or more recently, WonderTrade obtained) shiny I've ever gotten since 3rd gen, though I only use ones that are a species I like and a shiny color I like. In all honesty it is awfully tedious to get shinies deliberately (even with the Masuda method and the shiny charm) so I would only reserve that for creating teammates whose shiny colors really stick out to me.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing too. I never actively went to seek out shinies till XY, but I'm not a hardcore shiny hunter, more of a dedicated one, if I may say so myself. I only hunt for a few shinies that I really am a fan of, I'm not one to go around getting the shiny coloration for every Pokemon. It's awfully time consuming, but it's worth it for the shinies that I really like.

Back