• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The world's most ignored problem.

Years
  • I don't think they ignore it. They just take care of that abuse the way it should be taken care of. Not trying to be mean or anything here. =)
    They just handle it differently than animal abuse.

Kyuukon

I'm the 129th Thousand Member!
    Years
  • isnt there like RSPCA and stuff against it?
    well i hate it >:( i want to help those companies
    and stop animal cruelty

Years
  • LOL. It's the same thread in BMGf: The world's most ignored problem.

I think is this is the hidden message that Pokemon shows to children. There are people who harm animals for their own interests and profits.

My reply:
    That sould be obvious to older Pokemon fans. But alas....
    Well yes there are already lots of organizations that are in place to defend a person. The various world governments are supposed to be doing such things. And yet, we need to develop agencies such as the ACLU and Human Rights Watch to do the monitoring for us. =/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I think there is even one that is doing well in Mexico called "National Commission of Human Rights". In the US as I said, the Government can do it all, but just can't now for some reason :\.

If you really want a group, move to Mexico.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Yeah. Human Cruelty happens, but nobody can really stop it completely now can they?

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I think there is even one that is doing well in Mexico called "National Commission of Human Rights". In the US as I said, the Government can do it all, but just can't now for some reason :\.

If you really want a group, move to Mexico.
    As a mexican I can corroborate this, however it's not working very well in some instances, ti does its part, but it also does it for criminals, which means law enforcement is rather limited as to how to deal with them, in my opinion it needs some refinement, then it might be closer to the group proposed in this thread, it is a good idea, but I think a group is not really necessary if you have a basic conscience^^

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I think there's a really fine balance between totalitarian government control and stopping human suffering, and most governments can't risk crossing that line. In America, we like our personal freedoms, thus people are able to get away with things. I don't know, I really just wish that humanity as a whole could over come it's evils and work together to stop these horrors. Also, some people just live by a different moral code, is it moral to force our own ideals on others? I mean yeah there's something that feels like a universal moral code, but it's ineffable because it's not clearly defined for us. There are always shades of gray and with that comes inaction.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • Jeeeeeeeeeeeze. Human cruelty ignored?? I believe there's been quite a few major steps forward in the interest of "human rights" in the past two centuries.

Let's try.. the Geneva Convention, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, voting rights for African-Americans, women, and other minorities, Anti-Child Labor laws, the national human rights institutions of most major countries.. Basically anything you see on the Contents list of this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_and_the_United_States .

There's also quite a few human rights advocacy groups, but I'm too lazy to Google them. As was stated before, there's too many types of human rights issues to be covered by one group. That's why there's so many groups devoted to specific types of rights.

Thank you, very much.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Well, humans can fend for themselves. [highlight]Animals can't.[/highlight] But yeah, there's a lot of groups against human cruelty, like ChildLine (don't know if thats worldwide though).

So your saying that a dog can't defend itself by attacking me?

Perhaps you should put more thought into what you type.

Especially this one:
    Well, actually, if you think about it, the governments are cruel in a way too, with the whole gay marriage thing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    I don't think a group would be necessary. There is already one called "Government"

They are just not doing their job right. :3
    ye, you'd think that governments would be able to handle their own countries, rather thanworrying about what others are doing

Patchy

-
    Years
  • A dog isn't really going to attack you unless you, or someone else, has done something to it first. Obviously, if someone did something to it to cause it to attack you, it was something it couldn't defend itself against.

And most animals can't attack you like a dog would. Animals like chickens who really get abused is more what I meant.

I didn't actually think that needed an explanation. I guess the dog could be naturally vicious, but I hadn't really been thinking of dogs.

Especially this one:

Quote:
    Well, actually, if you think about it, the governments are cruel in a way too, with the whole gay marriage thing.
    I don't live in California, but the whole situation is really backwards with homosexuality. I'm not going to get into it here though.

Edit: I know, it was mainly because most people I know think the government should do more to stop cruelty to people/animals, when they do it too, in a way.

Last edited:

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I don't live in California, but the whole situation is really backwards with homosexuality. I'm not going to get into it here though.

Who said I was against homosexuality? I may live in California but I am
    pro-homosexuality. I'm not against it. In fact, I'm pissed about the
    people who are against it.

I'm just saying it wasn't nessescary to bring that up and I don't want this thread closed just for the sake of this argument.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • On the topic of animal cruelty, it bothers me when I see commercials asking you to donate the the SPCA, making it seem like that is the most important problem in the world right now. Maybe when the economy gets better and there is less war in the world, then we can worry about animal cruelty.

Back