• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The worst of them all

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • I'm amazed that no-one has even mentioned Rebecca Black.
    I'll be the first to admit that Rebecca Black isn't the greatest recording artist in the history of music, but a lot of the hate she got was for things mostly out of her control, and her music certainly didn't have a maliciously venal intent about it. I understand why the 'backlash' arose, even if I don't subscribe to it.

For me, when I think of 'the worst of them all' I instantly think of Forrest Gump. It's the film I hate with an unreserved passion for so many reasons: the concept (why are people sitting on a park bench listening to this dimwit talk for 2 FRIGGIN' HOURS?), the performances by EV-ER-Y-ONE involved, the rampant sexism, the glossing over of certain 'controversial' parts of history whilst contrasted with the glorification of 'nice' bits of recent US history, the dialogue ('Life is like a- NO I CAN'T FINISH IT'S MAKING ME ANGRY!), the cinematography, the GODDAMN FEATHER METAPHOR, the way it's a film that spans so much time and yet has no conflict at all and finally, finally, how its central message - just sit back and do what people tell you to do and everything will just work out great for you - is so venal, and dyspeptic that it makes me genuinely throw stuff at the television if I ever have the misfortune to catch a glimpse of it...

Yeah, I don't like Forrest Gump.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm gonna have to say modern day rap as it's basically the same generic hardcore gang killa bullcrap that's the equivalent to mere dick waving, sigh if only Biggie and Tupac were alive to see how far down the rap industry has gone nowadays, hell even Snoop Dogg is a joke now IMO lol. If I had to choose a specific artist though it'd have to be Katy Perry without a second thought even ignoring dreck such as Beiver, the friday chick, LMFAO, and the legion of doom of a music production company known as ARK Music Factory to name a few such abominations.

Also a fellow by the name of Shane Dawson as he's the physical manifestation of everything I despise in my peer group but that's not too relevant due to being mostly known on Youtube and all.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'm curious as to why you both think this. Care to share why? Although I'm not the biggest fan of his music, he seems like he's a nice enough guy. It seems to me you two are either completely jealous of his fame and are hiding how you feel, or that you're just going along with whatever the anti-Bieber movement spews out. Don't get me wrong, I'm no 'Belieber', but it seems to me you're unnecessarily hating someone you don't even know.

Nice?? mfw... xD

It's only couple months ago, but I think this article has enough proof of biber's "brat-ishness." Complete *******.

I'm NOT jealous of him (Not mentioning my hard-working future self and yadda yadda... why on earth would I be jealous of bieber when there are clearly even richer people around his age?). Maybe I'm going with the crowd, but I've hated him since day one, and nothing would change that except rare instances of his selfless actions.

I can only generalize celebrities to be spoiled, ungrateful, media attention seekers, but there are only few that I genuinely like, and from that point it's all down to useless opinions.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I typically stay out of the pop music scene now because I despise pretty much everyone popular right now. I won't bother mentioning Bieber, as a lot of you have that covered already, but I will bring up Rihanna as someone I've really started to hate recently. I started to lose interest in her a few years ago around the time the wake of singles following Umbrella emerged, but the real downturn for me came with Loud and whatever her new album is called. She played around with the idea in S&M, and that's fine, but I hate the idea that she feels the need to act so shamelessly promiscuous just to drive up sales.

I have no love for Jessie J either. I didn't pay attention to her at all until Price Tag was released, a move which struck me as really hypocritical. That and I genuinely didn't like the song. It got worse when I heard "Do it like a dude", for the same reasons as Rihanna; and "Who's Laughing Now?", which has got to be the most pompous and narcissistic piece of trash I've ever had the misfortune of hearing. I'm laughing now, Jessie. I'm laughing at anyone who think's songs like that are album material.

Finally, there's Simon Cowell. I used to love the guy. He was blunt, rude and sarcastic, but he was honest. This has shifted over the years and he's become more and more pointlessly cruel. The days of his devastating honesty have been taken over by an obsession for publicity and some misguided need to maintain a public image over finding actual talent.

Premiership footballers. Look at their salaries. Feel enough has been said.

Wow. Given the passion in the above walls, I think it's fair to say I love hating these guys!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm honestly getting annoyed with the people that say they hate some celebrities. It's one thing to hate their music, movies, acting, etc, but them as a person? You don't know them personally. So who do you think you are? I digress.

but I will bring up Rihanna as someone I've really started to hate recently. I started to lose interest in her a few years ago around the time the wake of singles following Umbrella emerged, but the real downturn for me came with Loud and whatever her new album is called. She played around with the idea in S&M, and that's fine, but I hate the idea that she feels the need to act so shamelessly promiscuous just to drive up sales.

This. I love Rihanna, that includes Loud and Talk That Talk, but sometimes I listen to them and I'm just like "WHERE IS MY PON DE REPLAY GIRL UGH" because it seems like with every new album, she just gets skankier and skankier. And Rude Boy came out after the Chris Brown stuff. To quote Glozell...Rihanna, didn't you HAVE a rude boy?!

I agree with the "on the floor" stuff mentioned earlier also. I have an iTrip that will play my iPod over the radio while I'm in the car, but sometimes the iPod dies and I get stuck with the radio. It's such trash. I had to listen to it the other night and it was just trash and all sounded the same.

Years
  • Ugh, Pitbull. I don't even consider him a rapper lol, he's basically a pop artist since his stuff is blasted all over pop stations and the themes of his songs are pretty much the same as in most pop songs. Lil Jon is another one, he literally does nothing but yell in most songs, it's just annoying how he ruins half-decent songs. I agree about Rihanna, too, she was definitely unique and something worth hearing when she first came out but I really don't enjoy her music at all anymore. Also ye, Taylor Swift is god awful, like her songs are so redundant I don't see the appeal in them, it's literally the same stuff, recycled over and over again.

Renegade1 said:
    John Travalto. Probably spelt it wrong, anything he's in just is weird. Could be the best film in the world, but his chin just makes 'hrm'. Before i know it, I've missed the entire movie.

lol

Halmtier

THE HOBO
    Years
  • I have a lot of actors and 'Musicians' I dislike, but there are few that actually get into the HATE zone for me.

Kesha is one- she doesn't sing, she whines to a beat. It's really irritating and I hate it! Black eyed peas are another, especially that 'lumps' song. Ugh. I also want to kill anyone around me whenever I hear Snoopdog- his stuff just rots my mind and not in a good way.

As for actors, I could think of a few faces but I don't know names very well.

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Kanye West yet...?

I'm not a big fan of Taylor Swift myself(or country music in general) but what he did to her durning that award ceremony was just awful and obnoxious....

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Because Kanye West is an amazing, talented artist. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a masterpiece.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Because Kanye West is an amazing, talented artist. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a masterpiece.

He doesn't show it in a good way, though. He's extremely cocky. But since I don't really like Miss Swift, I thought what he did to her was hilarious. obv bey's vid was the best newayz.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I do agree, he is rather cocky. But I think part of that is part of his sense of humor as well.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Maybe. Certainly the only one with the bravery to admit it in a forum Vendak frequents. The gall!!

That being said, I didn't really start liking him until MBDTF. I had a few of of his songs from various albums, but the only album I own of his is MBDTF.

Back