• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Worst Pokemon Ever!

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
ugliest Pokemon to me-Probopass, just ewwwwww, and I hate battling these guys they always have sturdy, rest, a low accuracy move that always hits for the opponent, and discharge to kill your water types.

Years
Luvdisc. I guess I'm supposed to find it cute, but not for me. It doesn't evolve, its stats feel low, and the moves are below 'meh'.

I second this. The only use I ever see in Luvdisc's is the item that they hold in the wild: Heart Scales! But indecisiveness gets the best of me when choosing between movesets, especially with Battle Frontier 'mons, so I guess it isn't completely useless.

The worst in my opinion in terms of battle functionality is Chatot; doesn't evolve, has a limited movepool, is your typical Normal-Flying type bird, and has low stats. The only thing unique with it is that Chatter move that got it banned from online matches.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For a long time, I've considered Sableye to be one of the worst out there, but now... not so much.

Although its appearance seems to be fitting for a Pokémon like itself, at least in my opinion, Sableye's battling capabilities weren't too great. After introduction of generation five games, however, it gained a Dream World ability known as Prankster, and from this point forward, the Pokémon started to garner more and more fans (myself included). Sableye has access to a good amount of non-damaging moves, and Prankster allows it to take better advantage of them by causing the Pokémon to strike first. When it comes to competitive battling, all of this could lend a major hand.

It's exciting to see such a Pokémon climb up the ladder like this.

Years
I'm going to say Claydol to the point that I keep forgetting it exists. It also looks like something that the hippy shop a couple blocks away would sell, which makes me think it also smells funny.

Now, onto more pressing matters; there's a lot going here, so I'll have to segment this up a tad.

I am so enraged because it exists. Like, why does it exist. What purpose does it serve. Why is it so useless. First off, the thing is everywhere, end of story. Most other common pokes either are somewhat usable or give out decent EXP. the mouse does neither of that. That leads us to the next few points.

Whoa whoa whoa, it looks like someone here has never played the original generation to get an appreciation for the greatest clutch Pokemon. My man was everyone's first or second capture(the other being Pidgey) and was the second strongest on everyone's team since very few people camped the left side of Viridian City to catch a Mankey.

He's also everywhere because he's a rat. There's a saying that for every rat you see, there's ten more that you don't. Being based on an animal known for reproducing faster than the Irish, how could it not be everywhere? Pidgey is the same way you haven't said anything about the dude.

I would not have minded at all if the purple freak was common if he looked badass or something, but no. It's ugly. It's....basically a mouse. That's it. And not only that, the dumbass looks more like some retarded starved alien than a mouse. WHY.

Wait, so you're saying it's too simple for just being a rat....then saying it looks different from a rat. And Rattata is cute as hell (then again, I had a pet mouse and a pet squirrel, so I may be scewed)

Rattata is fucking USELESS. One of the lowest HP in the game? Really? And it's defences are....okay. And on top of that, aside from fangs and shit, he has NO MOVES. I don't want to bring up his evolution because I doubt I can make it that far. I beleive in order to use it, you must catch it, and PRAY that he has a nature that boosts attack, or a lesser extent, his speed. If it's a different nature, your mouse is COMPLETELY screwed. Fuck that.

"Aside from fangs, he has no moves"....so besides his moves, he has no moves? I'm sorry, I seem to be failing to grasp your logic. But your HP comment does have a point, even during gen I Rattata had one of the lowest HP stats...but he also had higher attack and speed than any of the Kanto starters(except for Pikachu's speed stat) and received STAB for Tackle, which made the little guy insane in the early game. And then he continues to be useful by learning water gun, which is conveniently a TM in Mt. Moon. If you picked Charmander, this was such a necessity to get by all the rock-type using Hikers.

There's also the FEAR strategy that's always worth a chuckle.

And hey, I actually DID catch a good natured Rattata in one of my runs. It had basically the best possible nature too, along with PERFECT IVs.

No you didn't for two reasons. If you did, you would've used it to breed the stats to a Pokemon you did like, and also, based on your seething hatred for the beast, you definitely didn't take the time to look up its IV's.

And on top of ALL that, it is an absolute annoyer. It's fine if you have a strong poke, but normally, he just won't die.

How are you having difficultly countering a Rattata? This sounds like a case of needing to strategize more....to counter a rattata. Basically, all I can see from your post is that you are bad at countering early speed Pokemon and have been spoiled by the newer generations to the point that you can't appreciate the first swiss army knife of the Pokemon franchise that's been in existence longer than you have.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Actually, Rattata is my favorite of the early rodents. Hands down! Well, okay, maybe Sentret and Furret are a bit cuter but Ratatta/icate were so useful and pretty strong early on really. Plus, Yellow's Rattata in the pokespe manga was hella cute. c:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
@ORegan
I understand your points... Except for the last 2 parts. Why? I might be wasting my time, but lets break it down.

Now what you said is that you are basically INSISTING on me trying to breed it. First off-It was fuck Black 2. No daycare untile post game. SECONDLY, how on earth can you assume everybody and their dog knows and are an expert on breeding? Look here: I personally don't have any form of interest in competitive. I play pokegames because I enjoy them, I don't just be a sitting duck and rolfstomping everything as the champ. Now, I know a few people who also aren't a fan of breeding and competitive. You think everyone will simply fucking force their damn creatures to lay stupid EGGS? No. So just because you are a damn expert on this complicated shit does not mean everyone is.

As for the last point, let's be fair, you honestly sound like a troll on alcohol. Of fucking COURSE I have counters for the mouse. I was just pointing out that it is an absolute dick as an opponent. I personally feel it is annoying, ok? End of story. I'm very sure there are mons YOU find annoying as WELL.

I'm gonna ignore the other points because I guess you do have your points, even if I will keep my opinion nevertheless. But the last two just seemed silly.

Years
@ORegan
Whole bunch of angst and f-bombs. Also something about eggs.

Dude, no one said anything about you needing to play competetive or be an expert on breeding. But you only responded to the breeding part, Still not believing you on the basis that no one who hates a particular Pokemon to the point of making an entire rant post would check the IVs before tossing it.

I was just pointing out that it is an absolute dick as an opponent. I personally feel it is annoying, ok? End of story. I'm very sure there are mons YOU find annoying as WELL..

But you called it out for having low HP, but at the same stated it "won't go down even with a fighting move." Those a contradicting statements since it should be easy to take out if you hit it with an attack. And I don't find any Pokemon annoying, since the main game can be beaten with pure offense alone, I just find certain Pokemon's designs lacking.

Just say you hate rats or something dude, or make a statement on design without contradicting yourself immediately. Also try it without swearing 18 times in the post. I personally can't stand spiders, but I'm cool with spinarak and galvantla.

RetroBacon

~ <3
Years
I would have to say my least favorite Pokemon is Unown. Not only is its design lackluster and gimmicky, but it is the most pitiful excuse for a Pokemon and is abysmal in every regard competitively.
Dunsprace

What is it supposed to be exactly. It's a little yellow worm thing that doesn't evolve and seems like filler but it manages to sneak into every game.
Dunsparce is based off a Tsuchinoko, by the way.

Back