• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
    Just caught a Groundon in my SS, and a Rayquaza after trading one of my Kyogre clones to SS. I switched my DS off and went to eat dinner.

Wait...WHAT?! I forgot to save! Noooo~

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i went into victory road without an HM slave was like WTF i left it at the pokecenter.... i save& take a break... i come back turn on and i go WTF howd he get there (my krabby HM slave was sittin in my party somehow) O.o"

then when i got to Z (Silver) we were goin at it, and i brought out Raikou (had 24health left) i used shadow ball on kadabra down to 1health..... kadabra used psybeam Raikou faints "Goddammit" >.<
    then finally i touch the icon for dratini so he can extreamspeed kadabra....
    it sent out typhlosion O_O
    "i said dratini dammit, you attention hog!" :'(
    (this is why i hate emulators, they love to piss me off >.<")

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
    When I first played HG (in Japanese) I went to the tower to catch Ho-Oh and I was really excited about it. I get there and there was no Ho-Oh. I got all pissed and then I remembered I forgot the kimono girls. So I had to go ALL THE WAY back since I had no escape rope.

The same exact thing happened to me. Then after I beat the kimono girls and went back up I faced ho-oh, got it down to 1 hp and paralyzed, but I only had a pokeball with me!! (I didn't catch it):(

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Sitting there after pulling up the Pokegear map realizing that once again that Entei's icon had one again had disappeared for no apparent reason. He was there five minutes ago and I hadn't fought him or knocked him out recently yet it wasn't in Johto or Kanto. WTF?!

Edit: Just found out Pokemon eggs can apparently catch Pokerus. One of my eggs that had been sitting in a party with a Pokemon who I forgot had it while I was training it caught the virus.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Sitting there after pulling up the Pokegear map realizing that once again that Entei's icon had one again had disappeared for no apparent reason. He was there five minutes ago and I hadn't fought him or knocked him out recently yet it wasn't in Johto or Kanto. WTF?!

Edit: Just found out Pokemon eggs can apparently catch Pokerus. One of my eggs that had been sitting in a party with a Pokemon who I forgot had it while I was training it caught the virus.

LCUKY!!!!!! ive been tryin to study pokerus, it intreges me to no end, but i never encounter it T^T

ThisPowerIsAtomic

[Insert Catchy Title Here]
    Years
    Not really sure if this counts as a 'WTF' moment, but I was shocked when it happened;

It was during school and my friend's boyfriend asked if he could play my HeartGold, so I let him, since he usually just goes around getting Pokémon for me I don't have in the game, any who, at the end of class he hands me back my DS and says "All I got was a Psyduck and Golduck" which was fine by me, since I didn't have them, I save the game and turn it off before going to my next class and turning it back on, only to look at the Psyduck (which was like level 18) and notice it was captured with the Master Ball. Note I saved with about 50 hours of game play and roughly 130-150 Pokemon caught/traded so there was no going back.

I think I wanted to stab myself at that moment, since I had been saving it (not sure for what, but knowing Pokémon games, NEVER waste the master ball on 'common' legendaries)

Right now I don't care any more since I've made due with Ultra Balls, but at the time I was just in complete shock.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Alright I gotta say this.

When I was little, playing the original silver (I still have it, but if I save it resets in a day), I was battling the elite four. I had but one pokemon left, same as the last person (final boss dont know his name), but he had a dragonite. I will never forget this: My lvl 30 ditto used transform, and his dragonite did nothing, two turns in a row. I selected a move at random, and took down his dragonite in one hit.

I won the elite four and became champion.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    When my Sentret had only 4hp sleeping, bam!! it woke up and used Quick Attack on Hoothoot who had only 10hp dies with critical hit!
    WTH! for me!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i caught a rattata :)
    then i read its pokedex entry O_O
    well, it explains why theres so many at such low levels.
    think, for every 10 rattatas theres 1 parent ._.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Dunno if it counts but here are my last 2 E4 battles:

Karen:
    Typhlosion (lv45) fights Umbreon (after losin nearly all my PP) defeated
    Houndooms next 2earthquakes defeated
    Gengar uses shadow ball leaves Typhlosion with 25health
    Typhlosion uses flamethrower.... owned
    vileplume, uses flamethrower again..... owned
    Murcrow last, uses flamethrower.... turns out to be faster.... owned!
    O_O wait seriously!? Karens entire team!? O_O

Drake:
    Raikou (lv42)VS Gyrados, 2sparks kills it, waterfall leaves 52health
    Raikou VS lv60 Dragonite uses spark, paralyzes it, gets owned.

Red Gyrados (lv36) VS Dragonite, uses ice fang dragonite drops to yellow O_O
    Thunder misses O_O" ice fang KOs Dragonite

Red Gyrados VS Aerodyctl, Rock Slide..... Owned T_T

Lugia (lv45) VS Aerodaytcl, Rock Slide..... Owned T_T

Typhlosion (lv45) VS Aerodactyl, flamethrower.... barely any damage.... rock slide OWNED "god dammit!"

Crobat (lv32) VS Aerodaytcl, Rock slide misses.... revives Typhlosion.... rock slide owned....

Typhlosion VS Aerodctly Part2, Rock Slide Missed, Revives Lugia, missed again, revives Red Gyrados, Crunch Owned WTF!?

Gyrados VS Aerodactyl Part2, Rock Slide misses "YES!" Aqua Tail..... Aerodactyl OWNED! "pay back is a ***** isnt Mutha F****"

Gyrados VS Dragonite lv49 #1, ice fang droped it down by half, full restore, ice fang drops it by half again, thunder gyrados pwned T^T

Typhlosion VS Dragonite, Owned before i could attack

Dragonair VS Dragonite, dragon rush = instant KO -_-"

Lugia VS Dragonite, after several full restores, 4dragon pulses and a fly Draognite falls

Lugia VS Dragonite lv49 #2, heals Lugia, Dragonite uses hyper beam "YES!" heals Raikou, while healin Lugia
    (im pretty sure Drake was like FACEPALM lol)
    Lugia finally defeats Dragontie after Dragon Pulse & Aeorblast combo

Lugia (lv46) VS Charizard, gets hit by Shadow claw, and realized it did 20 damage...... O_O wait seriously!? shouldnt he been KOed? he IS psychic O.o"
    i heal up everyone except crobat& dragonair
    Drake *FACEPALM*

Lugia nearly owns charizard, but gets KOed

Raikou (lv43) VS Charizard (turns out healin everyone was pointless) Spark... Charizard is down O_O (note my Raikous lowest Stat is Attack, to the point where i had to equip a magnet just to get spark to do damage)

YAY! New Champion V which is me (hey that rhymed lol)^_^

*Sorry bout any spellin errors, im typin too fast lol

Filozofio

Hand Over The Candy
    Years
    My first WTF moment was when I found out that the Eevee you get from Bill is level 5 instead of the level 20 like in Crystal. ;n; I was not pleased to know I had to do some major training. It did help her evolve into an Espeon though.

The second was when I was fighting Morty. He KO'd all of my Pokemon except my Growlithe and my level 10 Ditto. I killed all of his except his last Hauter, who then killed my Growlithe, but I had managed to get Haunter down to yellow.
    All I had left was Ditto.
    Sent him out.
    His Haunter used Mean Look.
    I used Transform.
    Now, thinking I was dead, randomly used Sucker Punch.
    Killed him in one shot.
    I jumped for joy, then got new glasses at WalMart. ( I was playing while walking in, lol. )

Years
    Here's one:

I ran into a shedinja in the battle hall.

My eletrivire had the following moves:
    -Brick Break
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder punch
    -Earthquake

I was like "all those battles for nothing?"

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Here's one:

I ran into a shedinja in the battle hall.

My eletrivire had the following moves:
    -Brick Break
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder punch
    -Earthquake

I was like "all those battles for nothing?"

This one made me lol. I hate Shdinjas (unless I have one).

WTF Moment (those who read the Mono-Type Challenge 2.0 thread know what happened):

I was doing a Bug run-through and I let my friend play my game for a bit. He finds a dude to battle (at this time, my Pokemon weren't even level 30). They agree on nothing over level 30 and begin a battle. First two Pokemon are KO'd by my Scizor with Bullet Punch. This guy pulls out a level 40 Murkrow named "Dark Helen" (idfk why) and takes out my team after a brutal fight by my Scizor and Heracross who almost killed his team.

I know all of this from a recording my friend was smart enough to make of the battle. I was pissed.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    I have a wtf moment every time i get paralysed by a static pokemon at the start of the battle, but my opponent dont get paralysed until its in the red zone. By which time, them being paralysed isnt necessary anymore.

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Nobody can top this one. I wuz facin red, with all my pokemon lower than level 70, except for mah tru arceus, and when arceus was about tah own teh last one, BOOM 1-HIT KO WTF IT WASNT EVEN A ONE HIT KO MOVE

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    ...Even with the Expert Belt, Bruno's 62 Hitmontop survives with 1 HP from an Aerial Ace from my lv. 80 Heracross.

Okay, what's this deal? How the heck does it survive a supereffective attack enhanced by Expert Belt from a higher level Pokemon? I swear, this occurs more in HGSS than in DPPt. Is this game rigged to have everything survive with 1 HP? I'll never understand this game mechanic.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    ok not HG/SS but it was in Platinum

i had just finished grindin Porygon Z to lv44 from lv38.... DS froze.... all my hard work gone WTF!?

i was pissed >.<

ThisPowerIsAtomic

[Insert Catchy Title Here]
    Years
    I just recently had a major 'WTF' moment;

I was trying to get Mewtwo and had about 70 Ultra Balls and (unfortunately) only 10 Dusk Balls, but I had to keep resetting the game because I'd run out of pokeballs or Mewtwo would kill itself using struggle (or something like that-when your run out of PP for all your moves) but anywho, I was on my 3rd or 4th try and I accidentally hit Net Ball instead of Ultra Ball and viola, caught it...One freakin' Net Ball after about 300+ tries with Ultra Ball and Dsuk Ball...

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I just recently had a major 'WTF' moment;

I was trying to get Mewtwo and had about 70 Ultra Balls and (unfortunately) only 10 Dusk Balls, but I had to keep resetting the game because I'd run out of pokeballs or Mewtwo would kill itself using struggle (or something like that-when your run out of PP for all your moves) but anywho, I was on my 3rd or 4th try and I accidentally hit Net Ball instead of Ultra Ball and viola, caught it...One freakin' Net Ball after about 300+ tries with Ultra Ball and Dsuk Ball...
    Haha that's kinda funny, it's pure luck when it comes to catching Legendary Pokemon.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    ...Even with the Expert Belt, Bruno's 62 Hitmontop survives with 1 HP from an Aerial Ace from my lv. 80 Heracross.

Okay, what's this deal? How the heck does it survive a supereffective attack enhanced by Expert Belt from a higher level Pokemon? I swear, this occurs more in HGSS than in DPPt. Is this game rigged to have everything survive with 1 HP? I'll never understand this game mechanic.

tell me about it....it rarely happened to me in platinum but in my HG every freakin thing survives my SE attacks with 1 hp...and when i deal them with a normal move..guess what ??...yeah !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back