• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    My WTF moment: Just left the Pokéathlon Dome. Ethan calls.

"Hey, Maria! Pokémon Centers are really helpful. They heal your Pokémon for free! The first thing I do when I get to a town is look for the Pokémon Center. Keep up the great work!"

Thank you, Ethan, for imparting this wonderful piece of information to me after I have beaten all the gyms in Johto. I totally did it without once stepping inside a Pokémon Center.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Raikou is a F***ing B****
    Took me forever to catch it, even while using dusk balls at night while it was Paralyzed with probably like 2 or 3 HP.
    Entei was so much easier, is Raikou supposed to be harder to catch? Or did i just get really lucky with Entei or unlucky with Raikou.

Seizure02

Spriter
    Years
    I was like WTF when I got my starter and ran into the grass. Then I found a shiny Pidgey which happened to the first pokemon I encounter in the whole game. I tried to catch it but I had no pokeballs since it was still at the very beginning!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Was wandering Route 27 going toward New Bark. I decide I want to fly to Olivine. I choose Myst's Fly and all Johto fly areas are greyed out. WTF? I am 200 steps from Johto at most! So I fly to Victory Road gate and try flying again... lo and behold, suddenly I can fly to Johto. What is going on??

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i was ev training a growlithe at the lake of rage and i encountered a level 12 gyrados, thought it was a fluke so i caught it, turned out i messed up on ev'ing the growlithe so i had to start over and the same thing happened but with a level 10 one that time, i was like what the firetruck is going on here?

Years
    I finally got to the Elite four with rather low- level Pokemon, beat all of them including the champion, got really happy... then instead of pressing 'Start' to save the game, I pressed- you guessed it, the 'Power' button. Bye bye victory, hello four days of 'wtf'ing.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Listening to Trainer Profiles:

"Hold it close, cheek to cheek. I'll always want to be with you, surrounded by wonderful Pokémon. I'll mutter your name. So happy, I'm dizzy."

Is it just me or does that sound like something else?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Just recently, I was surfing my way to Mahogany town. My Shedinja had been knocked out, and Wobbuffet was in slot 2 of my party. It's ability prevents switching out and fleeing. I used a max repel and started surfing, so I was annoyed when a wild pokemon appeared. I waited for the transition to end, then I was just like HOLY JESUS ITS AN ENTEI! I was lucky I had Wobbuffet as my first pokemon :P I tried using Mirror Coat but it used a physical attack, then I used counter and it used flamethrower, meaning I had nearly feinted. As it was level 40 and I was level 27, it was much faster than me, so it hit me with flamethrower again before I could use Mirror Coat and KO'd my Wobbuffet, then fled.

Good and bad luck ;)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Was wandering Route 27 going toward New Bark. I decide I want to fly to Olivine. I choose Myst's Fly and all Johto fly areas are greyed out. WTF? I am 200 steps from Johto at most! So I fly to Victory Road gate and try flying again... lo and behold, suddenly I can fly to Johto. What is going on??

I always thought that was stupid. The game recognizes that as Kanto, and it recognizes Indigo Plateau and Victory Road as both, and you can't fly from Kanto ot Johto and vice versa

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    I was at the elite four, about to kill Lance's final pokemon he had out, a Charizard. And my final pokemon, a Dragonair. We both had a little bit of health left but the odds were in my favor (thank goodness, because I ran out of potions).
    His charizard used a fire attack on me (of course) and after almost a hour of trying to beat the elite four and being so close to winning, I died due to burn.

Years
    I was playing battle tower and met a really not gentle gentleman, Joachim. Faced his articuno 7 times and his sheer cold never misses. I gave up on challenging battle tower because of this
    Joachim eh? Gotta look for him :P

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I went to do the bug catching contest, and I thought the levels were around 15. So I get my level 17 Magnemite. I go into the first wild battle and-
    It's a level 33.
    O.O >.< O.O
    luckily I had done absolutely NOTHING but entered the bug catching contest, so I restarted.

nm legend

Years
    the most recent one for me is when u talk to this certain person in battle castle HE says "i wish i had a dress on and lived in a castle" or sumtin lyk that...i was lyk "WTF" then i told my gengar to follow him home and rob him... and another one is when i find out my typlosions hidden power move is FIRE.... i slapped Flames(his nickname) across the head for being retarted...

Years
    Just sayin', this just happened.
    I had literally breezed through the game. Every Gym Leader, both in Johto and Kanto, plus the Pokemon League all pretty much bowed down to my Ampharos (pkThunder) that I raised from level 2. Once I caught Ho-oh, I was unstoppable.
    Oak finally opened Mt. Silver which I had been trying to get to since I beat the Johto league. I thought I was totally prepared for Red. My best pokemon were pkThunder, who was level 64, and Ho-oh, who was level 53. The wild pokemon were level 50 so it was easy, and I thought they were going to reflect Red's team.
    First pokemon I see Red's level 88 Pikachu. I just turned the game off.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Press X+Y+Down at the Title Screen, the screen with Lugia/Ho-Oh Swimming/Flying...
    You'll see...

(Note, for all you paranoid players, this will not erase you're data, the Combo to Prompt for Data Deletion is Select+B+Up)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Press X+Y+Down at the Title Screen, the screen with Lugia/Ho-Oh Swimming/Flying...
    You'll see...

(Note, for all you paranoid players, this will not erase you're data, the Combo to Prompt for Data Deletion is Select+B+Up)
    Haha thats Awesome! But extremely Random at the same time. That was not in the Instructions :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back