• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    When My Machamp went and creamed EVERY ONE of my rivals pokemon in victory road. Didn't even switch out.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    When i was hacking i ran straight to violet after getting running shoes and went straight into the gym, took the lift up, and Falkner was not there!

Years
    How is it that it took me 4 ultra balls and 6 regular pokeballs to catch a lvl 20 Matine? In the end I caught it with my last regular pokeball. WTF?!?!?

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I dont think this is really WTF but it is still odd.
    Been training my pokes up on Mt. Silver as the wild pokes are reletivly strong up there
    Training on and off for a week, walk out of the pokecenter and randomly there is a photographer there?

EDIT: He has now randomly disappeared again

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    OH! I got another one! Ok, so we all know about the "Pokemon is nibbiling your feet" line. Well I got a worse one.

"Feraligator is biting your shoe. Scoled it? Yes/No"

If Yes - "Feraligator is grinding its teeth in remorse"

If No - "Feraligator is biting the other shoe."

Oh. My. Arceus!

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    Getting a few Battle Points with my Scizor. After 4 rounds and no sign of the Ace, I ended up fighting a "Round 10 Psychic", who turned out to be Cresselia. No big deal, actually. The main point is that the guy that used her, was a Cooltrainer named Sawyer, like my rival. In the spanish version, there are no english names. And I've never seen a "Sawyer" before xD

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
    Another Battle tower WTF:
    I had a Gyarados and an Electivire and was beaten by a guy's last poke which was...a Ludicolo. It's moves? Rain Dance, Double Team, Leech Seed, and Toxic. It wore down my two guys and then made itself impossible to hit. Dumbest, most irritating foe I've had in a long time. I really hate how ridiculous the CPU can be sometimes...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, for me, that moment would be losing a Pokémon during a Wi-Fi trade due to a communication error.

Or when something big and menancing is doing stuff on you in HGSS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    This happened to my fiance. It was when we first got our HGSS and one of the first routes he went on the Pokewalker obviously didn't have anything he wanted but he kept searching. Well, he came across a Bellsprout and accidentally caught it and then he came across another one and accidentally caught it. When he was syncing up his Pokewalker to the game, he noticed they looked a little funny but didn't pay any attention.
    Later, when he was going through his box, he was looking at all the stats and those two Bellsprouts were actually shiny! O.o
    I was like WTF?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I was trying to capture Ho-Oh (Level 70, after the E4) and I had it near enough to 1 HP with False swipes. I wanted to capture it with a Pokéball, to make it a little more valuable, and I just kept at it. I spent aaaaages trying to get it, probably about an hour, and then it used struggle and fainted. Hour wasted

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    My WTF moments were seeing a 'Firebreather Ray' in Union Cave (Ray was my grandfather's name).
    Then seeing a Fisherman at Lake of Rage, I think it was Lake of Rage at least, called 'Fisherman Raymond' which happens to be my name haha.
    Am I doomed to be a Fisherman? D: haha

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Yeah, it would totally have to be the time when I was chasing Raikou around Johto. I had plenty of Quick Balls, Ultra Balls, Nest Balls, etc etc, and I had him down to a very workable red health level. So when I caught up to him, I sent out my Gengar and threw down a Hypnosis, which, thankfully, hit square on and sent him out for the count. 'Aha,' I said to myself, 'now I'll have a few turns to chuck Poke Balls, if nothing else.'

...He ran away. Asleep.

What.

The "WTF" Moment Thread

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    not exactly sure if you can call this a wtf moment, but after tons of vitamins and stat reducing berries to cancel them out and an evolutionary stone later, I'm the proud owner of a level 2 Togekiss XD

Wow, and I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do that. :D
    *Except it took me days walking around to increase happiness because I just started with the game and had no money. Level 2 Togetic which became Togekiss after a ton of Pokeathlon.*

light_umbreon

pokemon lover
    Years
    • Age 29
    • ohio
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    not really a bad one but
    double battle
    me and my friend in battle tower
    my raichu is paralyzed and confused
    both enemy pokemon aim for raichu with attacking moves
    and he manages to pull off a focus punch

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
    My greatest WTF moments involve legendaries.
    I was going to get Suicune out of "roaming mode" to get Misty's number and arrange a rematch. SO when I "cornered" it at Cerulean Cape and Eusine comes, blah, blah, etc, etc, I challenge it. After leaving it with red HP, I start throwing Ultraballs, Greatballs, Fastballs, Duskballs (it was at night), and nothing. Then I got bored and started throwing regular Pokeballs to get rid of some of them. The fifth one (more or less) caught the Suicune. I was like O_o?. Something similar happened to me vs Zapdos. Only that the Pokeballs only moved three times before it broke loose. God wouldn't let me be so lucky (But an Ultraball did the job, nothing out of the ordinary).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back