• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So i was training my Pokemon in route 27
    and i was like talking to my brother saying what will happen if i stumble to a shiny pokemon
    and then seconds later Boom!!! a shiny arbok show up
    and i was like WTF!!!! cought with a pokeball and i was like Double WTF!!!

it happen today 1/26/11 12:48pm est time zone

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Fighting the Elite four in my 2nd playthrough of SoulSilver. I'm facing Lance and my pokemon are pretty under-leveled and are getting KO'd in one hit (except for Umbreon who would take 2 hits) but luckily I've saved in front of him so if I white-out I can just reset the game and try a different tactic.
    After a few tries (and resets) I decided that, since I knew I was not strong enough to beat him with such underleveled pokemon, I'll just let them all faint and return to Johto to train some more...or at least that was the plan.

It turns out the one time I put zero effort into fighting, the one time I'm actually trying to "white-out" is the time that I defeat Lance.

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    the battle tower. i was so annoyed because there was an electabuzz (the last pokemon i had to beat),apparently, it was faster than my pokemon, i was this close to beating it (i only had my ampharos left), until it paralyzed amphy and amphy wasn't able to move for 3 turns. the electabuzz killed amphy. wtf
    what's even worse was that it was the last round and i had a 35 win streak :(

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    I was really high up in the Battle Factory, when this freaking Registeel shows up, Double Team spams me, toxic spams me, and then knocks out my last Pokemon with Iron Head.
    It was not fun.
    At all.

Pkmn Newb Tyler

Loving my Nidoqueen <3
    Years
    Found a Old Amber in the ruins of Alph after my very first rocksmash there.
    Also, apparently I lost to a dude who caught a Weedle in the bug catching contest, even though I caught a buterfree. I just stared and cursed every Weedle in existence.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    Back in the olden days of G/S, I beat my game up to Lance for the very first time.
    My team was all at around level 35. I still had Pidgeotto.
    And I won.
    Barely, but still.
    WTF?
    How sad.

Magmorter

Suffering from Pokerus...
    Years
    Was training Sp Attack on Ghastly's in Lavander Tower on Fire Red and a shiny one appeared. 'SWEET!' i thought to myself, and after lowering its health sufficently I went to the pokeball tab and no pokeballs... :'(

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    Well this is kinda a wtf moment. I was walking to Prof Elm's to show Togepi and encountered a wild SHINY sentret.....Only to find I had no pokeballs ><

You know. This happened to my brother in HG except it was a Hoot Hoot. He was soo pissed haha. Looked cool tho all gold and stuff.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    My WTF moment happended way back in the days of generation 2.
    I had just found out about steel types from the show.( Or at least I think it was the show...) And when I got me steel type I went up against a dragon type, the thoughts in my mind were "SWORDS SLAY DRAGONS HERP N GURDUR" and when it wasn't super effective I was upset.

Years
    On my first HG playthrough, my Pokemon were a bit under-leveled, but not ridiculously. Anyway, I KO'd all of Lance's Pokemon, except Gyarados, because he switched out. I was down to my last Pokemon, Togekiss, on red health. I thought I'd got no chance, and so chose Metronome. Metronome turned out to be Guillotine. It's missed I thought. But no, instead it one-shotted Gyarados. Epic WTF moment!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    One time I was fishing for something (I don't remember what) and I reeled in a Magikarp. It was at Level 15 and my pokemon was at least Level 50. I pressed the Run button and... it said "Cannot Escape!"

WTF? It's a Magikarp!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    One time I was fishing for something (I don't remember what) and I reeled in a Magikarp. It was at Level 15 and my pokemon was at least Level 50. I pressed the Run button and... it said "Cannot Escape!"

WTF? It's a Magikarp!
    I believe whether you can escape or not is down to the speed stats of both Pokemon. Magikarp are actually pretty fast and if it was raining (e.g. fishing at the Lake of Rage where it usually is raining) its sped stat would be doubled due to its Swift Swim ability... so if your Pokemon was notably slow for a level 50 then that might explain it.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    I randomly found Raikou and didn't have a status-effect pokemon and only had pokeballs, so for the sake of it i threw it and caught it straight away, was only the second encounter too! Was like O_O did that just really happen?
    Also finding out a couple of flying pokemon can't learn fly that should and a pikachu can....
    I also was battling when poisoned, i went to use a move, for some reason the move didn't appear in writing, animation or in acknowledgement, the opposite pokemon still got their move and i still got hit by poison, was really confused and annoyed lol
    And yet another, i was trying to find a skitty and let my then-bf have a go, as he seemed to find one every 13th battle, by 13 nothing, then on 26th, skitty finally popped up and, just to make it even more awesome, it was shiny =D

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    My awesome WTF moment on Soul Silver: how easy it is to capture Groudon. Seriously, I just got him down to really low health and threw a Heavy Ball. One ball and BAM, I captured Groudon. I mean...I knew Heavy Balls would be really good against him, but I didn't think they were THAT good. Especially when it took me like an ENTIRE HOUR the day before to try to catch Kyogre on Heart Gold. And that included using Net Balls, which did absolutely nothing for me. ):

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    My WTF moment was probably the other day, I was going down Cycling Road... When suddenly, a bunch of strange men come over to me and force me to give them my phone number!

Now they call me... Every day... And... And...! T_____T

Seriously, it's like they're teaching kids to do whatever the strange men on the street tell them to do. Baaad idea, Game Freak.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I believe whether you can escape or not is down to the speed stats of both Pokemon. Magikarp are actually pretty fast and if it was raining (e.g. fishing at the Lake of Rage where it usually is raining) its sped stat would be doubled due to its Swift Swim ability... so if your Pokemon was notably slow for a level 50 then that might explain it.

Hmmm interesting. Thanks! Although it wasn't raining...

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    A good wtf moment:

I wanted a murkrow for my new team, so I decided to hunt for one in the safari zone. I caught about a dozen over the course of 4 days, all either having a bad nature, or insomnia as their ability (I wanted super-luck.) Then on the 5th day, I go in to the safari zone, and the first murkrow I see gets caught with 1 ball! I check the stats on it, my jaw dropped. And adamant natured male WITH super-luck. Maybe I got the ability super-luck now?

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
    my WTF moment in ss is like this >> went to the shop bought 90 ultra balls ans 50 dusk balls then head to ho-oh first paralyze him then a thunder made his healt to red -first ultra ball - aw it apeard to be caught-second ultra ball -the pokemon broke free-third ultra ball- ho-oh was caught , and I was like WTF

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back