• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Catching Mewtwo having only 3HP and one turn away from Struggle. With a Net Ball.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • I was battling Lance for the first time, and it was down to my Nidoking and Feraligatr vs. his Aerodactyl and Charizard. I thought I had it with Feraligatr, but his Thunder Fang Critical Hit and KO'd my Feraligatr. So I send in Nidoking, used a Max Revive on Feraligatr, he uses air slash, Critical Hit, OHKO. Sent in Feraligatr, chose Surf. He uses Thunder Fang. Critical. I survived with 11 HP. I ended up winning, but that whole sequence of attacks was incredibly intense.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Hatching Bagons...10,000 steps, I hatched 26 of them of them hoping for a "Brave" Natured one. I look after hours of breeding and hatching. All of them are "Lax"
    T.T

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Try using a Magmar or somebody with "Flame Body" or "Magma Armor" to halve the steps of hatching.

One of my earlier wtf moments was at the beginning of my first SS playthrough. My chikorita had just leveled up and learned razor leaf....but the game froze. Oh and I had forgotten to save so I had to redo two level ups.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ^Try using a Magmar or somebody with "Flame Body" or "Magma Armor" to halve the steps of hatching.

One of my earlier wtf moments was at the beginning of my first SS playthrough. My chikorita had just leveled up and learned razor leaf....but the game froze. Oh and I had forgotten to save so I had to redo two level ups.

That's for playing ROMs, wait until you get the third Gym Badge, it gets intense.

Years
  • WTF #1-When I tried to catch Entei I put it to sleep with my Poliwhirl using hypnosis, next turn it flees. Still asleep.

WTF #2- Had my Aerodactyl use fly against a trainer's Machop, Machop used revenge and hit my Aerodactyl while he was still in the air.

WTF #3- Tried to catch Articuno, has 1 hp, I somehow froze him, started with 50 ultra balls, and I still couldn't catch him. So I reset and try again, get pissed off, throw a normla pokeball at full health, caught in 1.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    @fallujah: the first two I've actually experienced but the last one is pure luck lmao

That's for playing ROMs, wait until you get the third Gym Badge, it gets intense.

That's why AP patches exist. I use a flash cart anyways ; )

I don't cheat though because then the entire game gets boring so it's all good and legit.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • My WTF! moment was when i was trying to explore/train my Jynx on route...i don't know the number...the one under Blackthorne. anyways, my jynx goes into some random battles, like 3 glygars later, i move down alittle into the grass and i sip on my soda, and i enter a wild battle, with the greatest music playing...i look at the screen....ENTEI!!!!!!!
    I was like....AWESOME!!!!!, but my weak little Jynx, not my Jigglypuff who was only good for hypnosis, but my friggen Jynx was up in front. Jynx ice punches Entei, and it runs. the next day, i was training in the route on the left side of ecruteak. i take my first step into the grass....ENTEI!!!! he wants to be on my team i guess. this time i chuck a quick ball praying to the Videogame gods, and..quick ball fail!
    it runs, and i look at my jynx with my mouth dropped...then some hiker near union cave congradulates me for beating team rocket....i rather have an Entei....

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    So, I have zaptos down to 4HP and he is frozen. i got 30 Ultra balls...he breaks out of all of them. I use my last pokeball which happens to be a Moon ball. I caught Zaptos with a Moon Ball...wtf

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • When I found out surf does barely any damage now and how water attacks do normal damage to electric pokemon
    It doesn't do normal damage, Maybe you were just fighting something with a Dual type that was weak to water?. because that would make it do normal.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    It doesn't do normal damage, Maybe you were just fighting something with a Dual type that was weak to water?. because that would make it do normal.

I'm sorry, but it kinda does do normal damage.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah, electric only resists Electric, flying, and steel. Everything else is neutral like water.

Actually the scariest wtf moment for me was when my dog jumped on my DS while it was saving. It froze and then I had to turn it off. The save data was corrupted but then afterwards it said something about being restored.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I had 25 Ultra Balls. I was trying to catch Ho-oh, and it kept escaping. Then when I had 1 Ultra Ball left, I finally caught it.

Also yesterday, I had 20 Ultra Balls. Suicune broke out of all of them, while it was asleep and had like, 1 HP left. Then I reset, got 20 Dusk Balls, and Suicune broke free out of every single one except the last one.

Why does this keep happening to me!?!?

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Started a battle against Lance and Clair.

I send out my new lvl 70 Mewtwo and take out Gyarados while Feraligatr (Rival's) takes out Dragonair.

Clair and Lance both send out Dragonites.

One uses Thunder Wave on mewtwo. It can't move.

It can't move, again.

Again.

And again.

Okay, that's 4 turns in a row. What happens on the 5th? I think you'd know.

Mewtwo got PWN'd shortly afterwards.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Something very similar happened to me, except it benefitted me.

When I was battling Whitney with my Seel, I caused her miltank to flinch five times in a row. I beat her on the 6th headbutt =]

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
  • I went to catch Ho-oh with close to 30 Ultra Balls I think....
    Went through all of them and the two Heavy Balls I had with me
    and ended up catching it........with a Poke Ball.

Really shocked about how that went down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back