• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    I traded my Pokemon in from my Platinum game so I could battle a couple of guys at school. I was feeling pretty confident too, I had Pokemon with good IVs and EVs. But the biggest "WTF?!" moment was when my opponent's Dark Void hit my Pokemon every single time. I even gave them Lum Berries.

...My opponent's Pokemon wasn't even a Darkrai. It was a friggin Yanmega. It even had Seed Flare. I have no respect for players who resort to cheats to beat a girl. And the worst part was that they insisted they were legit. Gimme a break...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That's still hella weird. I expected only suicune to run on water while Entei could run around in volcanos and whatnot.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • So I'm surfing from Mahogany to Ecruteak, right? All's good.
    THEN RAIKOU APPEARS ON THE WATER.

biggest wtf I've ever had in a game. I can understand Suicune, but Raikou, yeah whoa.
    Lol same here with Entei

My WTF Moment... When I saw the "out of Pokeball" sprite and animation for Lugia. IT'S HORRIBLE... I was just like... "What the f***?"

I know I was PISSED

A WTF moment I was battling Lugia W/ FULL HP accidently threw a Pokeball shook 3 FREAKIN TIMES!!!(then threw an ultra ball and caught it) FULL HP!!!!
    Thank you Damiane for telling me to do that!

Oh and another WTF moment I was battling snorlax THE HEAVIEST Pokemon in the game lower to red and Parlyzed it I used a HEAVY Ball It did'nt even shake. I used an Ultra Ball I caught it.
    Wow Heavy Balls suck.

Last edited:

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Mine was when I life the Burned Tower and went into the grass:

Wild Entei
    Next Battle: Wild Raioku
    Next Battle: Wild Entei

Hooray for lazy programming.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
  • I beat Red in HG with only two pokemon. Even though they were ubers, they were both about 10 levels lower than all of Red's pokemon (about 20 if you think about his pikachu). Groudon died a lot, and Giratina (named Li'l Paco after my Giratina Plushie... so cute) managed to live. While I was battling, fissure failed, and I'm not sure if it's because we're on a mountain, or if we're in snow. The finishing move: Groudon's Fire Blast on Venusaur. Li'l Paco got Venasaur in the yellow, and then I switched to Groudon, knowing that if he lived in the red (no pun intended), I would have to start the process all over again. That battle had me full of suspense as to who would win, and who would lose. But in the end, I won. What a relief! :sleeping:

Pok-e-Bob

Luxray wubber
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    I'm always What the ****ing when my Pokemon decides to flitch everytime I get to take out a strong Pokemon.. and I die. I find that sooo anoying -_-

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^try flinching or not moving from paralysis 3-4 times in a row.

Happened a lil while ago to me.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I decided to catch Ho-oh. Once I got it weekend without fainting it by accident like I had done a few times before and put it to sleep. I decided to throw a ball. I was going to throw an Ultra Ball, but I decided to use a Dusk Ball and it worked on the first try!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    My biggest WTF moment I can remember right now was when my level 36 Charizard got a critical hit with Ember on Entei. It was the first time I ran into Entei and I managed to KO it.

It was a good thing I saved a few minutes before that.

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • I was using my Pidgeot in battle when I was against some Hiker who had a Graveler. Anyway, I used fly and my Pidgeot went up into the air waiting to attack next turn but then the Hiker got his Graveler to use self-destruct and my Pidgeot went unharmed because Pidgeot was still in the air. It was weird the Hiker decided to do that, it was the easiest win ever.

Years
  • My sister was playing through on her game, and she was using a Noctowl. It used Uproar and defeated a Pokemon, and it levelled up. It wanted to learn Air Slash, and my sister deleted Uproar for it. But Noctowl was in the middle of using it, and the Uproar went on even after she deleted it. Not really WTF, but it was quite funny =P

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I had the Lv. 70 Ho-oh with non-visible HP and paralyzed and I kept on chucking balls at it. It used struggle. Also, another time I got it to non-visible HP and confused... It decided to kill itself instead of finding its home in my PC >.>

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Probably the epitome of my WTF moments, my dewgong critical hit entei with surf.....it's dead now....

zealot

The King of Fail
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    So this morning I got to where I could get lugia in SS. I had about 40 ultra balls and a few timer balls with. Me, but it kept struggle killing itself, even though it was false swiped and sleeping. Then after like an hour and a half, I finally caught it. I checked its nature, excpecting something crappy like jolly or naive, but was suprised to get a timid nature! I was super happy until I checked its IVs. They were all under 10, except attack and speed, which were 30 and 27. It had a 1 in HP and a 3 in special defense. /resets

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Mine was when I life the Burned Tower and went into the grass:

Wild Entei
    Next Battle: Wild Raioku
    Next Battle: Wild Entei

Hooray for lazy programming.

This happened to me when I left the Lake of Rage. I ran into Entei on the water on that route right below it. Then I continued left of Mahogany Town, and ran into both Raikou and Entei in the water.

Also, I tried to catch Zapdos once, and I used every kind of Pokeball on it (while it was red HP and paralyzed), including 50+ Ultra Balls, numerous Dusk Balls (at night), and more Pokeballs. I then restarted after running out of Pokeballs, put it into the red, put it to sleep this time, and caught it in one or two Ultra Balls. :/

EDIT: Also, how can a paralyzed, red-hp Aipom possibly require 30 Ultra Balls to catch?

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    My WTF just so happens to be catching Lugia.

I turned off when I didn't save (It was Entei's fault) so I had to catch Lugia all over again.
    It was what felt like 50th turn.
    Nub of HP left for Lugia and no status problem.
    No Ultra Balls left.
    Caught it in a Quick Ball.

Seriously whut.

Theother scary thing is that this happened at like, half past midnight?

Last edited:

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
  • This battle. Yes, It may not be the best WTF, but it's the best I can do.
    And don't ask me why I recorded this battle almost word for word.

Spoiler:

Dogwood

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2010
    YEah I had the same thing excepted with Entei on the route south of Ecruteak! I caught it with my fast ball, and after that I had no luck with Raikou!

Exactly what happened to me too! (Exept with Raikou) lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back