• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My WTF moment:

Dark Cave. Notice how the exit section and the section opposite are quite close. Walk outside, they're far away!
    Also, why are all the buildings TARDIS's? (For those who don't get the Doctor Who reference; Why are they all bigger on the inside?)

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Just found a Wild SHINY GRAVELLER.

Me: Zomg HAI! MUST CATCH IT!
    I Send Out Typhlosion and use Shadow Claw.
    Down To Red .
    Me : PERFECT CATCHING TIME! WOOO * Gets Ultra Ball Ready *
    Forgot Graveller had a turn...
    Graveller used SELF-DESTRUCT.
    Knocks both my poor Typhlosion out and itself.

Me..... U gotta be kidding me

Last edited:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Was fighting an old man with his Noctowl. The darn thing knocked out my whole team, until my level 10 Kanghaskhan got a Crit and killed it. That thing had some mighty defenses, even though I was over leveled. I must never doubt the power of Noctowl again. XD

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Just found a Wild SHINY GRAVELLER.

Me: Zomg HAI! MUST CATCH IT!
    I Send Out Typhlosion and use Shadow Claw.
    Down To Red .
    Me : PERFECT CATCHING TIME! WOOO * Gets Ultra Ball Ready *
    Forgot Graveller had a turn...
    Graveller used SELF-DESTRUCT.

Me..... U gotta be kidding me

Ohhh man. X____X!

Your WTF moment is related to my WTF moment.

Was walking around Route 45 with my Machoke and ran into a Graveller who apparently had some seriously insane speed stats on him.

First thing he did before I could run away (wasn't out to catch any)? Self Destruct.

ME: ... WTF?!

MACHOKE: ... &%$#@!!!

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    My only WTF moment in HG was when I found out that you get the VS Recorder instead of the VS Seeker. >_>

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Oh, I just remembered another one:

*sweeps Brock's down to his Omastar*

Brock: Ahahaha!! It itches!! It itches!!

Me:...Say what??

I mean, does he get a rash when he loses or something? xDD

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • I walk into a guys house in olivine city kay? Krabby is following me and I talk to the guy. He asks for a krabby for his voltorb and I say no and then he says: "oh so I guess you dont have a krabby."

WTF does the guy have poor eyesight?

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Everytime I think I KO an opponent, they always seem to be left with a sliver of HP left.

And Focus Band in Battle Factory. ><

Do your opponents have Sturdy for an ability?

The 'should have KOed but didn't' incidents really make me wonder sometimes.

Back when I was in Goldenrod battling against Rocket, I could have and should have very easily KOed a Koffing even if it had HP to spare, but somehow managed to leave it with so little HP I could hardly see any red and of course, it Self Destructed.

I had absolutely no explanation for that one except that its HP's stats must have been extreme compared to all the other Koffings.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Sturdy only works on OHKOs.

Oh yeah another of my WTF moment is this.

I got so annoyed with Bugsy's Scyther for being so strong that I decided to send in a Geodude and used Harden. Then Bugsy has his Scyther use Leer. So I use Harden again and he replied with more Leer. It keep going until I decide to attack and discover that he's still using Leer! O_O He keeps using Leer even if I'm like beating his Pokemon! Did I just offset the game's AI or what?

And Protect. Frickin' Protect.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Just opened the Pokedex to see how I'm doing with my collecting and lo and behold I see Wobuffett...

Whose Pokedex sprite looks like it's about to do the 'I need a bathroom!' dance any second now!

WTF!

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    wow. Today I caught Latios. Then I ran into a Shiney Tentacool. Caught that. I Finally get done EV'ing my New Pupitar....I drop my DS and it turns off. I had saved right before Latios. Poke'FML

D: That really has got to suck big time. I would rage IRL if that happened.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Another WTF moment! :D

This is when I battle my friend's Crobat, my Aerodactyl used Rock Slide, it took away 78% of its HP, and then Crobat used Rock Slide, took away 100%.

DAMN CRITS

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • All the people who blocked your way made me go WTF. First theres the guy who keeps pushing you back so you cant go beyond violet city and keeps suggesting to go get the gym badge there ( Yeah I know about it now can I get past now? ). Then the guy who sells you a rage candy bar and then doesnt let you past cause I need to "see the sights" ( Look I am a citizen of Johto and you are in no authority to stop me from going where I want to go, now let me through!! ) . Also theres that idiot who stands infront of the mahogany town gym that keeps comenting on "the guy in the black cape" and wont let you get a word in to say I WANT IN!

WTF I dont get these people.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • LOL!
    I must post this!

I was battling a noob on Wifi!
    Cut to the end - He had a Graveller left and I had my Typhlosion and a Tyrogue.
    He thinks i only have one pokemon left and tries to Self Destruct so it forces A tie.

Graveller used Self-Destruct. Knocks itself out.
    THE WINNER IS ADAM!
    HE was like : OMFG I SHOULD HAVE WON U NOOB!
    Me : Your the one who self destructed your own pokemon dumbass.

FAIL!

I loled so hard.

Dey See Me Rollin, Dey Hatin..

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I've spent my past 4 days below Goldenrod trying to catch a Modest Abra with Synchronize, which I have one already but I'm using it's ability. I've found 7 of them and they had Inner Focus. FFFFFFFFF

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • LOL!
    I must post this!

I was battling a noob on Wifi!
    Cut to the end - He had a Graveller left and I had my Typhlosion and a Tyrogue.
    He thinks i only have one pokemon left and tries to Self Destruct so it forces A tie.

Graveller used Self-Destruct. Knocks itself out.
    THE WINNER IS ADAM!
    HE was like : OMFG I SHOULD HAVE WON U NOOB!
    Me : Your the one who self destructed your own pokemon dumbass.

FAIL!

I loled so hard.

Dey See Me Rollin, Dey Hatin..
    Omg, that is an fail...
    Not even epic. XD

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I've spent my past 4 days below Goldenrod trying to catch a Modest Abra with Synchronize, which I have one already but I'm using it's ability. I've found 7 of them and they had Inner Focus. FFFFFFFFF

Breed with an everstone. There's a 50% chance of the offspring having modest.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    All the people who blocked your way made me go WTF. First theres the guy who keeps pushing you back so you cant go beyond violet city and keeps suggesting to go get the gym badge there ( Yeah I know about it now can I get past now? ). Then the guy who sells you a rage candy bar and then doesnt let you past cause I need to "see the sights" ( Look I am a citizen of Johto and you are in no authority to stop me from going where I want to go, now let me through!! ) . Also theres that idiot who stands infront of the mahogany town gym that keeps comenting on "the guy in the black cape" and wont let you get a word in to say I WANT IN!

WTF I dont get these people.

I never understood about the Rage Candy Bar bit at all. What's the purpose of that thing anyways? =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back