• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscurum intus

Darkness Within
Years
  • My most ever WTF moment was when I was catching Lugia (soul silver game) I decieded to throw a pokeball (a normal one) as soon as the battle started just for fun. And i caught it O_o
    I had a full health lugia caught with a pokeball in my party O_o

malicreet15

Mighty Midget
    Years
  • More of a FTW moment, but...

I bred a lvl 20 Flaafy(his name is Feliz ^.^) with a lvl 16 Ditto. The egg hatched a lvl 1 male Mareep(named Tira...probably going to change it, though...) that knew Tackle, Thunder Wave, and THUNDER!! :D

My WTF moment, after leaving the burnt tower I head east and take ONE step into the grass. I encounter Raikou, have no pokeballs, and the pokemon that I have in front that I was training was a level thirteen magikarp. -_-

I had almost the same thing happen! Out of nowhere, after like...six minutes after having the legendaries run away, I run into Raiku and I'm just like, "........****IN YEAH!" I switch to my Togetic, hoping to stand somewhat of a chance...I did not know it runs away... T.T Fut the Wuk.

Last edited:

Frozzd

"Traditional"
    Years
  • Scratch that last one, I have a better one. I remember in the original Silver, after the burned tower, I went around training all of my Pokemon until they were level 50 for the great encounter, and what I thought was going to be a great fight, with Raikou/Entei. I finally encountered one, put by best foot forward AND... It fled.

I had no idea. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    A few days after I beat Blue, I decided to battle the Elite Four again. I noticed that they all had new Pokemon, all around Lv60. I was wondering why Koga, Bruno, and Karen all had their strongest Pokemon at Lv64. After I beat Karen, I went ahead to Lance. Lance made his speech, the battle began, and the first thing he sent out is a Lv72 Salamence.

WTF. LEVEL 72 SALAMENCE. R U SERIOUS.

First thing I sent out was a Lv56 Slowbro.

I got owned.

AvianAzure

The Azurean Knight
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    Trying to capture Suicune... One HP 90 ultra balls, 10 great balls and 30 pokeballs later i had to restart the game cause i was out of pokeballs and too frustrated....
    Battling Red for the first time: My beautiful Tauros takes out his entire team... on his own... no problems whatsoever... Kent (Tauros) was lvl 84... Red's team is 88, 84, 84, 84, 82 and 80... I hadn't even fought the E4 a second time...

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
  • i had a wtf moment when i was playing fire red a while ago and i beat the admin with the houndoom in the warehouse. he said hed remform team rocket and left. that was three years before hgss, so that admin must have been archer or apollo. the weird thing is that in firered his houndoom was lvl 55, while, 3 years later, in heart gold, his houndoom was lvl 38. um, that guy must abuse his pokemon...

in my xd gale of darkness my jolteon missed 9 out of 10 thunders in the battle, but i still won hah

wait y is this in the hgss section?

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    well we all know and love/hate those rats called rattata& raticate
    well i was playin yellow, just for nostalgia
    and well i got to the mansion, and those damn lv47 rats kept owning my team who were in the 50s O_O i was liek no wonder kanto was the best they got killer giant rats lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    i beat the entire upgraded elite 4 with empoleon lvl 58 infernape lvl 55 and gengar lvl 57. seeing as lance had a lvl 75 dragonite.. i was pretty shocked

Lv40 Gyarados with Ice Fang and Dragon Dance gives promising results :P
    Or Mamoswine with Ice Shard XD

LOL you know that doesn't happen.... evar.... i think you broke your brain your ds

little did i realize while in battle frontier when machamp breaks through my protect on blissey with a dynamic punch.
    I googled it and it turns out no guard can hit flying, digging, protect, detect, and even shadow force

*has new respect for machamp*

Well, 2 people looking at the same broken DS (that still works) and seeing the same event is highly unlikely to be false.

Machamp has been on the "Threats List" for competitive battle for a long while O_o
    He's a buff Anti-lead

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
  • My WTF moment would have to be the Shiny Oddish I found that knew Solar Beam. O_o First time in Ilex Forest on HG. I was like "Awesome, shiny oddish! I'll send out my Totodile!" **One Solar Beam Later** "...What the feck?"

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • I was like "WTF!" everytime I fought my rival. I had chosen Chikorita and sent it in everytime. What was worth the WTF was the fact, that his fire type never attacked with a single fire move until the fight in victory road, even when facing my starter.

Years
  • my best 'wtf' moment in soulsilver was in the diner at the port town,
    i had a pikachu following me and it went like "ARGH, pikachu is stealing food, SCOLD IT!"
    i burst out laughing.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • This happened 4 times so far:

Wild entei/ raiku appeared!
    Go * Insert name *!
    * Presses run away *
    Couldnt escape!
    Wild entei/ raiku fled!

I failed at running away from something that is running away from me? WTF

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
  • When I found out that my damaging moves vs Normal-type pokemons will be Curse and Confuse Ray till level 22 Gastly.
    And I am going to report my Mono-Ghost challenge in a while... Gastly being only Ghost pokemon till Safari @_@

Last edited:

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    My Biggest WTF was when I was grinding for Red and decided to catch mewtwo and I caught it with a pokeball

Years
  • My biggest WTF moment was when I hatched an egg, but another egg appeared.

I took a few steps and BAM! the game froze before the egg hatched.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Years
  • This is one I had in SoulSilver. I just got to Goldenrod Gym challenging Whitney. I didn't have any problems until she sent out her Miltank. I had my Croconaw out. I was getting ready to attack, when her Miltank used Attract. And the next thing that happens, it was spamming with Stomp...What a crazy battle that was!

Years
  • My level 1 togepi managed to completely wall and PP-stall the 25 Gengar from that Ghost gym (struggle couldn't actually OHKO togepi, so I just kept pumping potions into him and he killed the thing by himself :D:D:D:D). Made me WTF until I remembered that ghost moves don't affect normal >.>

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • My WTF moment would have to be with Mewtwo.

So there I was, him having like, 3 health, me launching Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls and Great Balls at him for 2 days, not catching him. I was literally crying at the end and was so pissed off, I was just not going to catch Mewtwo ... I accidentally hit the balls pocket on my bag and hit the Pokeball ... I caught It. I wasn't happy, I was mad, and that's why I traded my Mewtwo to the GTS, because I hate it so much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back