• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowking Bro

Trainer of Underrated Pokemon
Years
  • Lance Failed Hard

My biggest was when I was fighting against Lance. I hadn't beaten him yet, and it was my third time against the Elite Four. All of his Pokemon except for his Lv.50 Dragonite were down. Feraligatr was my last hope for beating Dragonite, who had half his health left. He could easily finish me with Thunder, and I chose to use Ice Beam. He was faster than me, and I prepared for disappointment. But Dragonite used Safeguard. Of course, I was happy and I won, but I was also confused. It was weird...

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • Sludge poisoning my Pokemon Every. Single. Time.

Not much of a WTF, but I think it's weird that Bill can recognize you when you're in your Team Rocket uniform but everyone else (excluding your rival) can't.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • going for 100 win streak at the battle tower.
    battle 99.
    battle girl sends out venasuar.
    feraligatr uses ice fang. easy ko.
    sends out staraptor.
    again, ice fang.
    sends out HEATRAN!
    pwns me faster then i can use surf.
    WTF.

iuo96

iuo96
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    poliwag (lv5)
    used explosion
    (It doesn't know explosion)
    [Magnazone (lv 10000000000) has one hp
    Magnazone used spash
    poliwag endured it ( how is poliwag alive)
    Magnazone fainted

Player beat
    misty

Gordonator123

Believe...
    Years
  • I was at the safari zone and all of a sudden a wild SHINY murkrow appeared... it ran way. Then after five or more wild safari zone pokemon later, another shiny Murkrow appeared, it ran away... WTF!!

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was at the safari zone and all of a sudden a wild SHINY murkrow appeared... it ran way. Then after five or more wild safari zone pokemon later, another shiny Murkrow appeared, it ran away... WTF!!
    omg, if that happened to me, I'd have to buy a new DS... After sweeping up the old one of course.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • ...was when I accidentally ran into a wild patch of grass (returning the Machine Part to the Power Plant) and got a Shiny Fearow out of it.

And when I was out of training spots for my underleveled Pokeymanz and had to use the Elite Four. I ended up finishing the Champion with Gyarados and going to Kanto.

Saikusu

Cheren is the Coolest Asian.
    Years
  • Button Fail

I had started a new game and had been playing for abit, just beat whitney i was gonna press select for the life of me i couldn't remember why but whatever and i forgot i was using my DSi not my DSLite... and i hit the power button and i hadn't saved that whole time. I almost threw the DS at the wall... But i'm playing again... Just beat Bugsy.

Years
  • Having my team of level 73s OHKO'd by Red's Pikachu. Seriously, wtf. I just started again after like 12 tries, I got so annoyed. Now I've only Red to beat- with a team of level 60s. WTF.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    I won the E4 rematch with Pokemon ranging from level 45-59, with minimal problems too. I only needed around 2 full restores.

Years
  • I was in Battle Castle fighting a Swellow with my Lapras which I assumed would be straight forwards. Swellow used Quick Attack, didn't do much damage and I was ready to collect my Castle Points when Lapras flinched. I guessed I read Swellow's attack wrong and carried on, Swellow used Quick Attack again, scored a critical and Lapras flinched. Swellow then used Brave Bird and Lapras fainted. That was a big WTF moment for me until I worked out Swellow must have had a King's Rock. Wasn't impressed >.<

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I somehow managed to lose to a bug catcher with my Quilava...
    I also have a Gyarados That started at Lv. 10

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
  • Well, here's a scary one...

Alright, while at the GTS, my Wi-Fi dies out, giving me an error, thus sending me back to my last save spot. So, I simply shrugged and turned athe DS off to wait for the Wi-Fi to come back...and when I start up my HeartGold, guess what it said? "The save file is corrupted. Loading the last save file." Gawd, I thought I was about to lose all my progress and legendaries I got! ._.

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
  • I have no idea why my shiny honchkrow insists on keeping items ...
    so when I'm around the daycare man, I talk to my shiny honchkrow. It would say that it is holding something, and I try to take it. It "fights back" and doesn't let go. Then any interaction afterwards is one where it's angry at me. I did it when I decided to let it keep it, and it dances around.

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    My first WTF moment was in SS. I went Undefeated the whole game, until I faced Palmer in the Battle Tower. My Kingdra pwnd his Rhyperior and Dragonite, tthen his Milotic swept my Kingdra, Garchomp, and Metagross.

Second WTF moment was in HG. I caught a Shiny Ho-oh with a Premier Ball O_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back