• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
  • Okay. I'm in the Battle Tower now.

My Weavile was fighting a Wailord. Wailord used Double Team. A WAILORD!
    Then Wailord used Attract. LOL.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Feraligatr used Ice fang.
    It's super efffective.
    Dragonite was frozen solid.
    Dragonite thawed out.
    Dragonite used thunder!
    It's super effective, A critical hit!
    F*** you Lance >:(

Years
  • Mareep versus Falkner in HG.

Mareep has over half his health and uses Thundershock, moving Pidgeooto to critical condition, one more hit and he's dead.

Gust Criticals and knocks out Mareep, and I have to use Butterfree with Sleep Powder to win -__-

BlueberryYumYum602

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • First time I played Heartgold I chose the Grass starter (Chikorita) and when I got the first gym, I realized he was flying. No big deal I thought until he brought out that stupid Pidgeotto and I was forced to use potions + Synthesis and Razor Leaf to beat him... omg I was so mad I chose Grass lol I was about to restart and choose fire xD

pokedict

i spy a big pie
    Years
  • This wasnt on HEARTgold it was on the original gold version, but I guess it's okay, since the thread is for WTF moments, no precise heartgold info.
    My cousin lent me hi pokemon gold save (I was really young) and the very first pokemon I saw was raikou in the wild (he had already caught suicune and enti) Then further on that, I caught it in an ultra ball on my first try, without even damaging it!
    I was really amased later when my cousin told me it was really rare! :'D

STFUNAPPA1

If u r reading this u r dead
    Years
  • My WTF moment is when i found rayquasa on sapphire i used all my ultra and great balls so i said to myself might as well use a pokeball. so i threw it and rayquza was caught. so i said WHAT THA F***

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • What the f*ck. I always, always lose to the next 7 trainers that are after Palmer in the Battle Tower. Drives me nuts @_@ Especially when I lose to the last one..sheesh..

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I was very pissed off when seven Heavy Balls didn't catch the sleeping 1HP SNORLAX.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • Trying to catch a Cubone with full HP with an ultra ball. It breaks free straight away, so I jokingly try a great ball...it gets caught in one go. WTF. O_o

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • On my first runthrough of SS it took forever to catch lugia, along with several restarts, several times where it knocked out all my pokemon and I think even once when it KOed itself with struggle...
    Second runthrough: Paralyzed, Health I think in low yellow not even red yet.
    I caught him in two lure balls

I found a FEMALE MR. mime the other day. how is that possible? WTF?

Last edited:

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • I was walking with my Feraligatr, Miami, and when I turned to talk to him, it said "Miami wants to play with you."

The idea of a Feraligatr wanting to play with me frightens me. I like limbs.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Since I have recently started playing Pokemon SS i have had a lot of WTF moments, but this one takes the digestive biscuit. I was playing against whitney (the leader of the pretty pokemon) and I got her down to miltank, and I had 2/3 of my pokemon left (Croconaw and Pidgetto) but miltank used attract on my croconaw (making it in love) and then continually used "Stomp" this meant that I kept flinching, and he took out both of my pokemon, even though it was a lower level. WTF.

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • When Prof. Elm tells me to show the togepi to him. I walk from violet city to new bark town and all i get is a stinkin EVERSTONE. I would've been positively FURIOUS if i hadn't caught a sentret on the way. Prof. Elm, u r lucky that i am easily pleased.

Also when some random dude tells me to give some random spearow to some random fat dude that is randomly beside a random blk apricorn tree. :(

Also that stupid sudowoodo. f*** U.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    In my SoulSilver, when I beated the Ecruteak gym, I went to route 38 to go to Olivine. Then, in the first grass patch I enter, the music changes and a Entei appears! I threw him an Ultraball, but he ran away...

Also, I was throwing ultraballs to Ho-oh, and FAIL, and FAIL, and FAIL... Then I threw a pokeball, I went to the bathroom and when I returned, Ho-oh was caught!

Hospikmavery

Artist
    Years
  • Imagine a Wailord by your side, strolling through the park, jumping the ledges, visiting your mom and hoppin on your bike o_O

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
    Years
  • my wtf is ongoing. Entei is wandering around with 1HP and asleep. I've met it probably about 20 times and thrown every ball I can think of at it and still no catch!

Plus the fact that it can flee while asleep is a huge wtf!

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • I encounter a Farfetch'd that REFUSED to be caught despite having 1 HP and paralyzed status. Even with a Great Ball, it doesn't do crud. So, what the heck?

CHances are that it was holding a Stick... T_T

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I just had a "WTF" Moment -w-
    I was trying to catch a Ditto for JeXsus™ and well, I had found one and I know it's stupid, but my first pokemon was a Ditto too. Just, I had to find a specific nature for the Ditto so mine wasn't good.

So there, the wild Ditto used Morphing, and changed into Ditto ! ....Morphing only has 10, now hasn't it ? Yet the wild Ditto kept using it again and again...
    And when I tried : "Ditto used Morphing, but it failed"
    WTF ? And why is the other capable of using it ? o.o

So there...I had no other pokemon but my Ditto and wasted 47 Ultra balls on a wild Ditto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back