• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    My WTF Moment

On my SS, I saved in front of Lugia with 20-30 dusk balls,20-30 ultra balls, some other balls and a Murkrow with super luck . I battled Lugia. I got it down to 20% health,no statuses and I caught it with 2 dusk balls. It must have been Murkrow's ability that gave me luck. I had my Murkrow with me when I caught Entei in a ULTRA BALL too.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    im new at the game....and i have a quilava.
    at my fight against the first leader i said to myself tht i dont use quilava.
    i used my ratata and ****ing k.o'd all of the pokemon.
    the ratata was lvl 10 or somthing like that.....
    i said wtf?!
    and now i always catches ratata on my games....

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    "Blissey is nipping at your feet!"

Yeah. Serious WTF moment for me right there… I can just imagine my giant Blissey getting on all four of those stubby arms/legs, and chomping my feet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    Using some pathetic attack on a lvl 45 with my lvl 30 Feraligatr and I hit it with all 25 of the Attacks PP each time only doing 1-3 damage and it the enemy kept using restore and I hit it with the last one PP I had in the move while it was at full health and boom, ultra fast KO... I put my DS down and went to google what I just did. lol

Katja

Years
    I was sring for a shiny mewtwo. I got a shiny mewtwo... I soft reset out of habit before I could stop myself.

OH MAN. That sucks. THAT SUCKS. When I was SR for a shiny charmander (never got it), I was like, "Man, I'm totally gonna SR when I actually get one lolol"

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    My WTF moment was when i found a shiny machoke and i had no pokeballs or any otherballs at all. that was the last time i saw a shiny in the game.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    "Blissey is nipping at your feet!"

Yeah. Serious WTF moment for me right there… I can just imagine my giant Blissey getting on all four of those stubby arms/legs, and chomping my feet.
    Lol, this is going in my signature...

My moment is when I have my Laturn, ready to beat up Lance's Gyaordos... and he OHKO's it with a critical hit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    My wtf!?!?!?!??!?! moment tiphlosion lv:62.

attack first.
    tiphlosion fell asleep.
    your attack.
    it woke up die fire blast.

it woke up in the same turn it fell asleep.

W T F !?!?!?!?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    im new at the game....and i have a quilava.
    at my fight against the first leader i said to myself tht i dont use quilava.
    i used my ratata and ****ing k.o'd all of the pokemon.
    the ratata was lvl 10 or somthing like that.....
    i said wtf?!
    and now i always catches ratata on my games....
    Do NOT underestimate a Ratata... My Raticate beat all of Lance's Pokemon and Agatha's Ghosts, back in the olden days of Fr/Lg.

My WTF moments are about the Battle Frontier, after a lots of hard work hard battle of my Pokemon... One Critical Hit/A One Hit Knock Out Move or High rate of side effects activation just p*** me off that I throw my Ss on the floor... :disappoin

My Cresselia, Heatran and Scizor would lose to a Golduck, Houndoom and a Miltank... GOLDUCK and MILKTANK!?
    How is THAT even possible!? Well actually they could with those non-stop critical hit, side effects working.... I was very near to my 41st streak to Dahlia... :(

It's not that I hate loosing or wouldn't admit my defeat... I would accept it and even feel happy if I lose fair and square... But Battle Frontier is not playing fair games... it's ashame... I thought the developers would take the "hax" out from Hg/Ss... I had enough :( I was so WTF for my Pokemon--I feel so sorry for them, none of them have fault...

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    Probably when I first saw Flash Fire. The only Pokemon I could battle with was Quilava, who has only 1 Normal-Type move; Quick Attack.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    My tyranitar lost agains Poliwhirl: Poliwhirl uses double slap two times, each time it landed 5 hits, and out of those ten hits, EIGHT were critical!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I encountered Raikou today. I randomly threw an Ultra Ball at him, full health. It shook three times to my amazement, and I thought I might catch it. But then it escaped and fled. : (

ManmadeWalnut

Shiny Bidoof
    Years
    Fighting the Kimono Girl with the Umbreon... every single time it used Dark Pulse, my Pokemon would flinch. Every. Single. Time. And my attacks did hardly any damage at all. I eventually knocked it out, but he knocked out four of mine x_x

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
    A battle with a guy with a random slowpoke about five levels above my Onix.

"Onix used Headbutt!"

"Slowpoke flinched!"

"Onix used headbutt!"

"Slowpoke flinched!"

"Onix used headbutt!"

"Slowpoke flinched!"

"Onix used headbutt! A crictical hit!"

"Slowpoke fainted!"

o_O

pokedude911

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    My biggest WTF moment was when I beat Champion Lance with a Lv 40 Swinub.

Conclusion: Ice Shard+NeverMeltIce=BEAST

iKokoro

Yada Yada
    Years
    Battle Tower... cheapness has hit a new low.

I'm on the 14th battle and everything is going fine and dandy until the opponent pulls out an Xatu. Okay simple little Psychic/Flying. Not hard.

Okay it criticals my 1st pokemon. OHKO. Not too bad.
    It criticals my 2nd pokemon. OHKO...wtf?
    It criticals my 3rd pokemon. OHKO. OH WTF HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX.

Each one was at max health and all Xatu did was Psychic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back