• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • my WTF moment was when i was battling red
    i sent out my bronzong as my lead and reds pikachu used volt tackle and OHKO my bronzong(it was a crit but thats not the point)
    i was like...ngaedfopnabi[e gnjkoanbkjo[a

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    SoulSilver Complaints

UltraFail​
    I made this thread to talk about some bs that happens to me way to often on SoulSilver, Basically I was trying to catch a Absol with the Hoenn Sound music playing, I find a level 6 (SIX) Absol and try to catch it with a Quick Ball, its level SIX, shakes once...twice...brakes free...I was ragin! Then I weakened it to ONE health left and try to catch it with an ULTRA BALL! It shakes once and breaks free. so now im angry, I think its a 1 time thing BUT it took me not 2 not 3 but SIX Ultra Balls + 1 Quickball to catch a LEVEL SIX pokemon....has this ever happened to any of you?

BugContest​
    I was in a bug contest and caught a level 32 Scyther, I did not even place. I got beat by a Metapod.....Weedle.....and the first place? Pinsir...how does a Scyther not even beat a Metapod? this game is RIGGED!
    Elite4​
    So I am sitting there fighting the Elite4. I have my strongest Pokemon out (at the time a 65 Lugia) and I am on the last guy of the Elite4, he avoided like 7of my attacks in a row...killed my Lugia, dodge 2 of my Typhlosions attacks and My Typhlosion barely finished him....Why is it that no matter what pokemon I use they dodge like 1 of every 400 attacks? but the enemy dodges like every other attack?
    (More Complaints To Come)​

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • You know that Absol has a catch rate of 30 right? We just assume low level Pokemon are easier to catch but it's because they're usually unevolved and the unevolved ones generally have higher catch rates; I'm pretty sure level doesn't factor into it. Also you should've given it a status affliction to make it easier..

I've never done the bug contest so no comment.

And were you using low-accuracy moves? The Pokemon you were fighting in the E4 probably had a BrightPowder as well. Maybe invest in moves like Aerial Ace where they can't miss if you're having such issues.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • I doubt the Elite Four uses held items that hinder you (besides berries). My guess is that you were using low accuracy moves with barely any PP. Instead of using something like Fire Blast or Hyper Beam, try something with a higher accuracy but still a strong base power. Flamethrower is a good alternative.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    My Lugia has the moves....Blizzard-Thunder-AncientPower-Aeroblast
    My Typhlosion has the moves....Dig-Flamethrower-BlastBurn-Eruption

P.S. My bro got a hold of my game for a day and taught them moves :(

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • For the bug catching contest, the amount of points you get is also related to the amount of HP the Pokemon you caught had left. The higher the HP, the higher the points. That's why a full HP Weedle can beat a 1HP Pinser :).

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • UltraFail​
    I made this thread to talk about some bs that happens to me way to often on SoulSilver, Basically I was trying to catch a Absol with the Hoenn Sound music playing, I find a level 6 (SIX) Absol and try to catch it with a Quick Ball, its level SIX, shakes once...twice...brakes free...I was ragin! Then I weakened it to ONE health left and try to catch it with an ULTRA BALL! It shakes once and breaks free. so now im angry, I think its a 1 time thing BUT it took me not 2 not 3 but SIX Ultra Balls + 1 Quickball to catch a LEVEL SIX pokemon....has this ever happened to any of you?

BugContest​
    I was in a bug contest and caught a level 32 Scyther, I did not even place. I got beat by a Metapod.....Weedle.....and the first place? Pinsir...how does a Scyther not even beat a Metapod? this game is RIGGED!
    Elite4​
    So I am sitting there fighting the Elite4. I have my strongest Pokemon out (at the time a 65 Lugia) and I am on the last guy of the Elite4, he avoided like 7of my attacks in a row...killed my Lugia, dodge 2 of my Typhlosions attacks and My Typhlosion barely finished him....Why is it that no matter what pokemon I use they dodge like 1 of every 400 attacks? but the enemy dodges like every other attack?
    (More Complaints To Come)​

*shrugs* Pokes catch rates are different, and sometimes you are just unlucky. Once it took me 10 great balls to catch a weedle in the red zone. Also, for the E4 im pretty sure the last guy has a Poke that can use Double Team or some other evasiness raising move, and if they do it enough times, it makes it so where you cant even touch them. Believe me, my Typhlosion hit once every 15 moves..Very annoying, especially when I hit barely anything on it :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The WTF thread already covers stuff like this so I'll merge this thread with that one. Although it seems explanations have already been offered up to your complaints... Certainly Blizzard and the like can miss, and fire-type moves have no effect on Lance if you were talking about him as the last E4 guy (if it's Karen then it depends but nonetheless, Lugia's moves there can miss).

ShadowDawg812

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • my biggest WTF moment was when i was catching suicune. it was right at the beginning of the battle, i had plenty of ultraballs and pokeballs and such, and i thought to myself, why not, so i threw a pokeball at suicune with FULL HP and it CAPTURED. FIRST POKEBALL FULL HEALTH, i was in utter disbelief.. WTF

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
  • Well, I saw a shiny Houndour. I tried to catch it, but it Roared me. Oh well, I still have a shiny Chansey, Machamp and Victreebel so it's all well.

Years
  • When I battled Lance using my Miltank's Attract, his Dragonites couldn't attack eventually allowing me to beat him.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when it took me 69 Ultra balls just so I can catch a Ho-oh When I put it to sleep and it had 1HP left (thanks to False Swipe) and its status were lowered (attack, Defense and Speed were)

:t354:TG

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Ive had a few WTF moments..Once was when I had Ho-Oh down to a non existent Hp bar, and asleep, and threw about 50-60 ultra balls, 30 great balls, 60 Pokeballs, and a few heavy balls, and yet didnt catch him. And so i gave up and am now just going to transfer him over from my HeartGold to my SoulSilver after I finish HG ^_^.

Another time was when I caught Mewtwo with my third Pokeball, at half health XD.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Now that I've played through the game I have two apparently minor but frustrating things that I don't quite understand:

- Why did Kris (or whatever her name is) get switched for Lyra? I don't dislike Lyra, but I just don't understand this... What was so wrong with Kris?

- Where is Leaf? This one bothers me so much more than the first one. I don't care if Red was the Generation I Pokemon master. HG/SS can be taken as more of a sequel to FR/LG. In which it was either Red or Leaf. Laugh at me all you want, but I am frustrated with this. I played through FR as Leaf, so Leaf should have been the one I faced at the end of HG. I don't mean get rid of Red, I mean give us some way of choosing which one was the Kanto champion in our storyline and which one we fight in the end.

What kind of problem does Nintendo have with the female trainers? =( That last one was pretty much common sense. Unless it was catering to "nostalgia" which is a load of you know what when they got rid of the second generation female character altogether.

Now for another thing. Last Thursday, after I got to Kanto I decided that I wanted to finally evolve my Growlithe. Fire stones are in real shortage in this game so I had to go to the bug contest. The bug contest that all of the sudden had 3rd (and 4th?) generation Pokemon.

The worst part of it was... I caught a Scyther and thought "Okay, that's it, I win!", so I end the contest right there. I get beat by a Venonat. Yeah, a Venonat beat a Scyther. To make matters worse, a check of Serebii shows that Venonats don't even appear on Thursdays after you get the National Dex. So not only was it ridiculous that Scyther got beat by that Venonat, it was flat out wrong that the trainer had caught the Venonat in the first place, because they don't even appear on Thursdays. That's a true "WTF" moment.

I gave up. And I eventually realized I could get a Fire Stone from Bill's grandfather in Cerulean just for showing him my Growlithe. Lol.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The bug contest that all of the sudden had 3rd (and 4th?) generation Pokemon.

The worst part of it was... I caught a Scyther and thought "Okay, that's it, I win!", so I end the contest right there. I get beat by a Venonat. Yeah, a Venonat beat a Scyther.
    Yeah, after the National Dex is obtained the bug Catching comp gets new Pokemon. Also, being beaten by a Venonat can be explained as it's not just the Pokemon you catch, it's their HP that is also judged upon, so catching a Pokemon with most/all of their HP still there nets you more points, and hence how a Venonat can win. (Ignoring the 'it shouldn't be there' thing - I guess the game just randomises what Pokmon NPCs get out of everything available whenever).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back