• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The WTF Moment Thread

PL50

I hate legendaries
    Years
    my WTF moment is when i had latias to 1 hp left. and put it to sleep thanks to gengar and mean look. So i was using dusk balls and ultra balls, and i only had 10 timer balls and none of them worked...

Then when latias wakes up, it uses STRUGGLE....

She died... D:

AngelxAntagonist

Heavy Metal FTW \m/
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    I just got a new WTF moment in Pearl last night...
    So I'm chaining Shinx just above Sandgem Town, while I have an Electrode with Static at the front of my party. (In case you didn't know, Static increases the chance of seeing wild Electric Pokemon, so it's good when you're chaining. I also had Pichu and Raichu with me.) I was looking for the shining patches - not Shiny, just those patches that look like they're shining on the PokeRadar. And I enter one of these patches...and it's a Shiny Bidoof? WTF are the odds of that? 0.0
    I got me a shiny Bidoof now! But I don't really like Bidoof, so when I figure out how to access Wi-Fi with my DS (there are problems with the WEP key) I'll trade it for something else. Anyone need a shiny Bidoof? I'll even throw in Pkrus. I also have a shiny Graveler with Pkrus.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
    My WTF moment? I guess it would be this:

I was using my Charizard with 3 Fire moves and one flying for Battle Hall.
    I was in my 50th consecutive win (Which means after finishing this I can battle the Brain), and guess what was the opponent, a Shedinja ! MAN I hate Wonder Guard T.T. So I knew that Shedinja is a Bug-type and Flying-type moves does Super Effective damage on a Bug-type and can penetrate the Wonder Guard ability. This what actually happened: My flying move was Sky Attack which means it only have 5 PPs, and it is a second-turn attack. Well, ALL of them missed I was like "Oh God" and the Shedinja broke my streak.

Draganera

lolwhut? :D
    Years
    my wtf moment in HG: I wanted to catch Ho-Oh.
    It just had like.. 10(?) HP. ...
    It was confused, and then: It killed it self. I was like: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
    Because I didn't safe before. =__=

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2020
    When I thought I caught my first shiny Gligar in Platinum because it wasn't pink...

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
    Mine was today while ditto hunting on the road leading to the saffari zone. I had my duscnoir as a lead he is level 51 and ev trained assuming I could run from everything that wasn't ditto. I came across a stupid miltank, it hit me with a body slam and paralyzed me. in awe I dropped my ds and checked why it hit me with a normal move (scrappy ability duh) anyways I couldn't escape. It kept hitting me over and over with roll out and body slam till I got to the red. So I pulled out pidgeot to try to run or KO it or something it hit me with body slam paralyzed him and ko'd him so I pulled out gydados. Same thing happened. Being done I was going to just beat it with noir. I got paralysis and it ko'd me.

Then after The frustration I went back. The same thing happened.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    My best WTF moments? I have one that rivals on the impossible that happened on Soulsilver.

I was going up against Red for the first time. I had Feraligatr, Flareon, Heracross, a shiny Metagross, Dragonite, and Tyranitar. In other words, I was freakin' prepared to DESTROY Red... Until I realized all his Pokemon got a level boost and new moves since GSC, which was bad since my team was in its mid to late level sixties. Add to the fact that I figured I wouldn't need any healing items, I actually thought to myself it would all be okay... Until, that is, his freakin' Pikachu OHKO'd my Feraligatr with Volt Tackle, turned around and got a critical Thunderbolt on Flareon, who had somehow missed when she used Overheat (I knew I should have used Return!), Heracross comes in, misses with Megahorn, and is OHKO'ed with a critical Volt Tackle! At this point, I am about to throw my DSi at the wall, all the while screaming "HAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Knowing that wouldn't solve anything, I kept on playing. Lucky for me, I gots a hidden weapon, my Tyranitar, who knew Earthquake! :D Plus, he had a Jolly Nature, and he was ev trained in speed! To say the least... I OHKO'd Pikachu easily... Then came out Blastoise, who I decide to use Stone Edge on. Guess what happened? IT FRIGGIN' MISSED! Blastoise then used Focus Blast, and of course it hits, knocking out Tyranitar in one hit... No matter, I have two more powerhouses left, Metagross and Dragonite! So, I sent out Dragonite, who knew Thunderpunch... But alas, it turns out that Red's Blastoise outspeeds my Dragonite. Guess what he did? He used BLIZZARD (which, by the way, has 100% accuracy in hail)! ARGH! So, my shiny and glorious Metagross comes out... I know, I should have turned the game off, but I wanted to see this thing until the end. He too knows Thunderpunch, which I tap knowing I'm going to lose... Just then, his Blastoise uses Hydro Cannon. I just knew that was it, but something happened... It missed. THE FREAKIN' MOVE MISSED! At this point, I laugh at that thing's face as Thunderpunch hits it, criticals, and OHKOs that sucker. Then came Charizard, who I just knew was packing Flamethrower and was gonna destroy Metagross, but no it doesn't know Flamethrower. It does know Blast Burn though, which it uses. Guess what? IT MISSED! Plus, I had chosen Thunderpunch again with Metagross, and he OHKO'd Charizard! I am cheering my head off at this point in time, because I just thought that I might have a chance. Venusaur comes out. BOOM! Outsped and OHKO'd with Zen Headbutt. Snorlax rolls in. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Outsped and OHKO'd with Hammer Arm. I get a drop in speed, but what do I care? I am on the roll of a lifetime here! Then comes in Lapras, who I scoff at and prepare to do another Hammer Arm. Lapras moves first... And uses Body Slam. Evidently, it was not my day to defeat Red, as the move paralyzed Metagross, who couldn't use Hammer Arm thanks to Lapras. Lapras then uses Blizzard, which made Metagross go into the yellow, a good bit below half. Metagross finally hits the Hammer Arm though and just as when I thought I was going to win, Lapras' health bar stops at...one. One. Health. Point. Next move, I figure he's gonna heal, so I decide to use Hammer Arm again. Meteor Mash was too risky. Guess what? HE DOESN'T HEAL! Instead, Lapras uses Brine, effectively knocking out my last Pokemon and destroying my chances of the greatest comeback EVER!

So yeah. That's my greatest WTF moment from the 4th Generation. Say what you will, but I am a firm believer in that if the game decides you need a good ol' fashion butt-kicking, thou shall receive said butt-kicking.

Skyspark

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    My WTF moment was when catching mewtwo.
    Ok then so mewtwo was in red. I thew a timer ball....
    It missed and then mewtwo used stuggle!!! He died...
    And the thing is mewtwo also had known power/guard swap, psycho cut, and amnesia. That was more than four moves!

Last edited:

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    My WTF moment is when I ev trained for defense with geodude, gligar, and Graveler. I want to train with graveler, geodude and gligar will always appear. I want to train with geodude and gligar, graveler always appear.

jammi567

Geeting a female Piplup first timr without having to restart my game.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I wasted about 20 Dusk Balls on Mewtwo and Articuno and then caught them in Great Balls.

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
    Years
    Mine was fighting Lucian in Pearl. I was left with a Bibarel. Level 24 or 25, against a level, like, 48 Bronzong. Bibarel has like 3 HP left, and it knocks out Bronzong. I'm thinking something like unbelievable. Then it faints when the next Bronzong came out. -_-'

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
    Years
    seriously, Out of all the Pokémon

My WTF moment was fishing in the Lake of Rage, because i was bored and on my 4th try i landed in a Shiny Gyarados, i was about to become OMGz my first shiny on SoulSilver! Than i remembered that you get one automatically if you surf to the middle of the lake. -_- FML

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
    Years
    My WTF moment in the fourth generation was when I was randomly surfing around on a small body of water, when I realized I had jumped back on land, ON TOP OF A TRAINER! It was my first game glitch, and it was funny as heck. I danced on him for a bit, then got off him. Have never been able to replicate it again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    My worst WTF moment was deciding not to delete my game and make a new file, not intending to save, just wanting to feel the beginning again. Shiny Cyndaquil for a starter. I can't save since the game won't let me, and to make things worse, it's timid, with 31 IV's in Speed and a pretty damn good one in Special Attack. I nearly cried.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    Well for SS I named myself Batman just cause he's awesome and I named my Rival Joker cause that's Batman's rival.....anywho i burst out laughing when "Joker" sayed this when I was winning in a battle during the storyline (I forgot where), "Why so serious?" I was cracking up and was like NO WAY XD

Funniest thing ever

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    Well for SS I named myself Batman just cause he's awesome and I named my Rival Joker cause that's Batman's rival.....anywho i burst out laughing when "Joker" sayed this when I was winning in a battle during the storyline (I forgot where), "Why so serious?" I was cracking up and was like NO WAY XD

Funniest thing ever

BAHAHA! REALLY?! Thats totally awesome! I gotta do that next time! Next time I restart one of my games, ima name me batman, and my rival joker.....lets see what happens.... X)

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    My WTF moment in the fourth generation was when I was randomly surfing around on a small body of water, when I realized I had jumped back on land, ON TOP OF A TRAINER! It was my first game glitch, and it was funny as heck. I danced on him for a bit, then got off him. Have never been able to replicate it again.

I know how to do the same thing in Pokémon Black/White with Fisherman in the park kinda thing near the first gym. I did it by an accident but I figured out how to do it again :) I posted it somewhere here in PokéCommunity few months ago.

PixelTyranitar

Johto Region Game Expert
    Years
    My wtf moment was trying to find the pokeflute channel on the radio, finding out that i was not searching on the top of the tuner.

Back