• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The WTF Moment Thread

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Meeting a shiny Sencret(?) on route 20 something(the route after new bark town) after getting the pokeballs ffrom prof. elm.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • On Pokemon Diamond a while back, the pokeradar? was registered, I accidentally used it in the route with all the fog, I couldn't see where the grass was shaking since it was foggy so I just kept walking and ran into a shiny Machop!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    When I found out that the 1st gym leader in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum is a guy. I thought he was a woman.

Not really a WTF moment but when I saw a shiny Girafig in either S/E/R and I could not catch it and it ran away :/.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • My WTF moment happened in SS yesterday when I sent out my Arceus (for use in the Sinjoh Ruins event) to see what the Judgement animation looked like. Arceus wouldn't obey due to my lack of badges. It then got Mean Looked and subsequently Cursed while it just sat there ignoring me X_X.
    So my level 100 Arceus got owned by some random trainer's level 20 Gastly.
    That thing must have gotten loads of EXP

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • My WTF moment happened in SS yesterday when I sent out my Arceus (for use in the Sinjoh Ruins event) to see what the Judgement animation looked like. Arceus wouldn't obey due to my lack of badges. It then got Mean Looked and subsequently Cursed while it just sat there ignoring me X_X.
    So my level 100 Arceus got owned by some random trainer's level 20 Gastly.
    That thing must have gotten loads of EXP

I had a friend that hacked back when I was a kid and R/S were still new. He got me a Jirachi and leveled it up with rare candies then he gave me it for free :)
    It was all good but I was only to the point before you battle Watson so he didn't obey me, I thought what the hey, he's level 100, he can't lose! I challenged the family north of mauville and I got to the granma easily....then he died to her numel :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011
    My WTF Moments in HG/SS would include me being so happy that i made my mom save my money :D

ok, so mother tells me she got something useful for me.
    i go to the delivery guy: "I got a Choice Scarf!" i was like WTFF!!!! :)

Universal

Musician
    Years
  • When i was EV training in Platinum,i used the pokerader to keep finding Makuhita,after my 11th chain,i saw a sparkly grass which i slowly walk towards,i end up finding a shiny Makuhita :DD The sucky part was that i wasen't a fan of Makuhita..So i kept it in my box where it's nice and cozy :3

Years
  • It's not overly spectacular, but I had my WTF moment last night on HG. I had just beaten the 4th gym and gotten Surf, so I decided that I was going east from Ecruteak towards Mahogany, so that when I got Fly, I would be able to go right there. When surfing across Route 42, I encountered Raikou (forgot you could find it on water). I used Sleep Powder on it right away, but it ended up fleeing (forgot about that, too). Anyways, I ended up going to Mahogany/Lake of Rage, and when I went back across Route 42, I encountered Raikou again (who was still asleep) only 3 tiles from where I first found it!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    Whitney's darn Miltank. Its Stomp took me by surprise with how much my Pokemon were flinching from it, and it annihilated my team effortlessly. That was the only battle I lost. On the second try I used an Onix and several potions to wear out its Stomp PP and won easy from there.

Years
  • Mine was in Platinum. I was in the Battle Hall, destroying anyone in my way with my extremely over-leveled Empoleon. I'm on my 97th or 98th battle, when someone sends out a freakin SHEDINJA! And I had no moves to counter the Wonder Guard ability. I have not stepped into the Battle Hall since that incident.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    mine is when i found out there were no slots in the game corner.
    but that was quickly resolved when i finally managed to catch an Abra. and then immediately after that i found another Abra that was the opposite gender.

another one is when i was battleing the miltank with my (level 17) togipei. the miltank used attract on it and i was all "OMGWTF? Miltank you perv!"

so yeah. lol.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • When I found out that the friggin game is too old to know a bit newer router. Come on, it's only been out for what, few years? So no wi-fi for me which makes me want to throw the whole game into the nearest river.

Another one was today when my Pidgey found a shiny leaf. I was all exited, it looked really cool and all, so I go to Serebii to find out what awesomeness it will cause and... "collect five and you get a crown". Seriously?

pokefreak5598

It's all in the mind, y'know.
    Years
  • i've had 2 WTF moments.
    1. I found a shiny zubat, and It RAN AWAY.
    2. I killed the shiny gyrados in HG, thinking it was part of the plan. I didn't know i could CATCH IT.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • What could be my worst WTF moment...? Oh, that's right... trying to catch Lugia in SoulSilver. I used up 59 Ultra Balls and then threw a PokeBall and caught it... Seriously, Game Freak...? What the heck?

Physco

2+2=5
    Years
  • This makes me mad

Ok so I was playing Pokemon.
    And I was battling the Champion. (this is Pokemon Diamond)
    My team is: Infernape, Dialga, Azelf, Uxie, Abomasnow, and Seaking.
    My Dialga, Azlef, Uxie, Abomasnow, and Seaking were all fainted.
    I was on the last Pokemon, Roserade.
    It was a good thing, fire against grass.
    I used Flame Wheel. It left Roserade with less than 10 hp.
    BUT...
    It uses Sludgebomb.
    KO.
    Now I am all like. D;
    I went through all the trouble and it one hit kills me.
    It took me forever to kill Milotic and Garchomp.
    And I cant go back strait to the Champion because I have to go through the Elite Four again.
    And it took me nearly all day to get passed them.
    I forgot to save before I fought the Champion.
    Excuse me while I go to buy an Action Replay.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I forgot to save before I fought the Champion.
    That's something to remember then to do next time, I have to say. but oh well - you'll at least have an easier time at the E4 because your Pokemon would have become a bit stronger getting up to the champion. Also you might have wanted a stronger move than Flame Wheel there, just saying.

At any rate as this fits in the WTF thread we have... *merges*

Back