• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The WTF Moment Thread

Pokemon♥girl

ah AM a big pony...
Years
  • When you find out Mew doesnt evolve into Mewtwo...
    The WTF Moment Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Share your D/P/Pt "What the..." moment

Mine is more of two What the heck moments combined, I spent two hours in the great marsh, looking for an Azurill. Because I thought they where cute beyond compare, and I needed a water type added to my team, badly. So I finally give up and settle for a psyduck and on my way out what do I run into but... and Azurill, but when I try to catch it, it flees, so after cursing the Azurill for all he's worth and with a restored hope that there are indeed Azurill in the marsh, I run back into that part hoping to find another one. So, I have to again settle, this time for a Marill. Decent level, 21, and proper move-set for the level (Tail whip, Water Gun, Rollout, BubbleBeam) So, I take it to route 214 to train, the first thing I come across, a lv. 23 Geodude, No prob. Right? I have a type advantage and I've always found geodude quite easy to beat. Nope. Kicks my Marill to heck and back. Okay I think taking my Marill back to route 214 to train again I'll start with somthing easy this time, a lv. 22 Ponyta, I use bubble beam, it's hp only goes down twenty pts.... *facepalm*

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged your thread with the WTF thread we already have around, as it's still within the month-old-since-last-post period.

Years
  • well, in 3rd gen, I found a shiny graveler....then i was playing pokemon DIamond and guess what? another shiny graveler -___- i was just "WTF!?? WHY SHINY GRAVELER HAUNT ME!?"

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • My moment was just now, On my HeartGold(Luke) I had Sleeper first because I just done the gym in Azeala town (it's bug type, Flicker (My Quilava) helped too) now I started walking out and BAM! John (Rival) and he sends out his Gastly, I thought Cupididizer (Togepi, just hatched at level 1 and that is why it is not on my TC) needed some swap training, so I send it out and then the Gastly used mean look, Ahh man. I thought, now the only harming move is Extra-sensory (which is, incidentally, super effective)
    I kept on using that, at first Gastly used curse that only took 2 HP each turn, and guess what all the time it used spite, (The move I was using had 30 PP) and Guess what? My Level 1 Togepi advanced to level 5 for defeating a level 14 Gastly!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2012
    My WTF moment was when I first encountered Raikou in SS I caucht it straight away with a quick ball :D

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • It's always the one-hit critical deaths that get me the most. Another one was when I was battling Regigigas and on the brink of just restarting my battle, I caught it with an Ultra Ball. It had full health and no statuses at all, which to me was pretty strange.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    One of the CPU partners at the battle tower has Regirock.

How the hell am I supposed to catch Regigigas then, Pokemon Logic?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I was almost defeating Cynthia, we were on our last Pokemon, mine was faster, I was one hit away from winning, but my attack misses and she knocked me out in sequence ...

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Catching Mesprit in a dive ball, I was suprised because I thought it will cause me trouble just like other legendaries where I have to throw a hundred of balls to catch them.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • When I was trying to look for a Buizel, and I came up with a "Missing No." WTF?

The WTF Moment Thread

Eversince, since it was my sister's game I borrowed, I realized what she has done to the game...

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when catching mewtwo.
    Ok then so mewtwo was in red. I thew a timer ball....
    It missed and then mewtwo used stuggle!!! He died...
    And the thing is mewtwo also had known power/guard swap, psycho cut, and amnesia. That was more than four moves!
    Struggle is a move used when a pokemon has no more moves to use.

And my WTF moment was catching Heatran in a Pokeball TWICE in (Platinum and Diamond)

Last edited:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I was buying some Pokeballs in Sandgem town at the very beginning of my Diamond monotype challenge and I got a bonus Premier Ball o___o has this happened to anyone else? It's *never* happened to me before!

Giratina-X

Giratina Maniac
    Years
  • I was buying some Pokeballs in Sandgem town at the very beginning of my Diamond monotype challenge and I got a bonus Premier Ball o___o has this happened to anyone else? It's *never* happened to me before!

You get a bonus premier ball everytime you buy 10 or more pokéballs at the same time. c:

Also, my WTF moment;

I've bred close to 250 charmanders, but I still haven't got a shiny. x'D
    (I wish I could use the Masuda method, but I don't have internet access on my ds anymore..)

Back