• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Deoxys isn't strong, he is actually the Absolute best in every category. Each form breaks the record for the highest stats relevant to that form. He can't get stronger because he is already #1. There is no room for growth.

Luvdisc, on the other hand, can only get better with a Mega Evolution.
Actually MegaMawile could be on her way to breaking the record for Attack...if one counts her ability of course.

The only room for growth I can see is it becoming more well rounded...of course after trimming it's highest stats down to all match...or maybe it's Mega can have good HP...it suffers in that aisle.

However I do agree Ludvisc will benefit more from one...they should give more Megas to weak Pokémon.

Last edited:
Years
However I do agree Ludvisc will benefit more from one...they should give more Megas to weak Pokémon.

I totally agree. This is they way Gamefreak should have gone with mega evolutions. It seems silly to me that Scizor and Garchomp are on their way to more power while Dunsparce and Farfetch'd look set to be left even further behind.

Years
I totally agree. This is they way Gamefreak should have gone with mega evolutions. It seems silly to me that Scizor and Garchomp are on their way to more power while Dunsparce and Farfetch'd look set to be left even further behind.
I feel that in order to catch up they'll need to have two evolutions plus a Mega...as that's how left behind they are...

Years
Deoxys isn't strong, he is actually the Absolute best in every category. Each form breaks the record for the highest stats relevant to that form. He can't get stronger because he is already #1. There is no room for growth.

Luvdisc, on the other hand, can only get better with a Mega Evolution.

I also wish that the weak pokemon would get the mega evo, but right now mostly overpowered pokemons get it, so why not Deoxys. Just the normal one, he doesn't break any record and have a very bad defensive stats, you can even reduce a bit his speed.

Guy

just a guy
Years
[...] they should give more Megas to weak Pokémon.

I feel that in order to catch up they'll need to have two evolutions plus a Mega...as that's how left behind they are...
All of this. So much.

I understand the idea of giving popular Pokémon in the fandom mega evolutions. It's basic marketing strategy. However, a lot of popular Pokémon tend to be strong ones, and by making the stronger Pokémon stronger only causes the weaker Pokémon to become weaker and go further unnoticed and unused. I wish they would have taken this chance to use mega evolutions as a way to shine more light on those lesser used Pokémon rather than give it to the ones who really don't need it (i.e. Mewtwo, Lucario, Garchomp). The starters, I can understand.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of these new designs for these Pokémon are awesome, but it just doesn't feel genuine or well deserved in my opinion.

On the other hand, I am glad for some of the Pokémon who got mega evolutions, like Mawile and Absol for instance. These are Pokémon who had the potential to be great before and are finally reaching said potential now. That poster with the rumored list of Pokémon to get mega evolutions had a good number of potentials on it as well. So I would be okay if that turned out to be real even if there are some other overused Pokémon on there who don't really need them.

blue

gucci
Years
I think Dunsparce is the most sought after Pokémon to get a Mega Evolution, if this were to happen I think pretty much 99% of the fan base would support it.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Idk I think if they gave mega evolutions to unpopular pokemon no one would care.
I mean I doubt mega clafable mega golem mega or mega watchogg would of had the same reaction to the current mega evolutions we have now

I want them to reveal a 6 on 6 pokemon battles it would use the same type of battle as FF tactics and pokemon conquest .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't really support Dunsparce getting a Mega, he needs an evo. Now if they change his typing like they did to Mawile, I may support it a little more. I would get over it in time, but I just want him to get an Evo, and not a Mega

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I heard that the the major difference between versions will be in the story.
Apparently their are two different stories for X and Y.
Stuff like gym leaders are the same but the order you battle them are different.
You'll also fight different version of team flare for each.
And unlike other games there is actually a post came story that takes place after your champion, but the post stories are completely different between the versions.
And also lets say you beat X you can transfer a lesser version of the post game story to a new game in pokemon Y( kinda like the key system in BW2 ) and have a side story in the beginning of the game which affects the main storyline and post storyline as well.( vice versa with Y)

I'm kinda excited this means your play thru with X and Y won't be the same but if you start a new game with either it will also be diffrent. So We can play XY twice and have 4 different stories.

Oct 12 can't come soon enough

Guy

just a guy
Years
That all sounds really good, but who's the source to such a delicious rumor? I'd love for it to be true, but I'm more than hesitant to believe a word said. :(

blue

gucci
Years
Having alternate storylines for each version would be a great idea, it makes each version differ from the other rather than just having version exclusives.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
That all sounds really good, but who's the source to such a delicious rumor? I'd love for it to be true, but I'm more than hesitant to believe a word said. :(

Well Im aware of two sources, who I'm sure doesn't know each other. Waiting for the 3rd. But it's supposed to be revealed during the pokemon origin airing. There is a connection to Kanto that team flare has. All the stuff I'm reading is pretty cool. Story is real deep

Ok the leader of team rocket Giovanni will be back story wise

Sh#t just got real lol!!!

Edit: 2:06pm Silver is in it also!!!!!!!!!??????? What.
Working on getting pictures up , because if you don't have pictures you don't have anything

Last edited:

Years
Well Im aware of two sources, who I'm sure doesn't know each other. Waiting for the 3rd. But it's supposed to be revealed during the pokemon origin airing. There is a connection to Kanto that team flare has. All the stuff I'm reading is pretty cool. Story is real deep

Ok the leader of team rocket Giovanni will be back story wise

Sh#t just got real lol!!!

Edit: 2:06pm Silver is in it also!!!!!!!!!??????? What.
Working on getting pictures up , because if you don't have pictures you don't have anything
I'm certainly hoping for the link.

Giovanni's backstory? Is that for the Origins right? If so that's pretty cool.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Flare were connected to Kanto...though I don't like it...it feels like Kalos is being hijacked by the other K region...

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm certainly hoping for the link.

Giovanni's backstory? Is that for the Origins right? If so that's pretty cool.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Flare were connected to Kanto...though I don't like it...it feels like Kalos is being hijacked by the other K region...

Well apparently they Guy we saw with team Flare is only the leader in one version. In the other it's a women with red hair. It's weird because she's not any of the ones with a visor ... Did I miss something?
But it seems
Giovani is no longer team rocket .
There are two oldish teenager/ man with long red hair on the same board( i thougt it was silver but there are 2 of them so maybe they are new charecters) it
It Has the scribbles ワタル and シルバー and サカキ on the page along with ルフカンパニー
Does anyone read japanese?

Years
Well apparently they Guy we saw with team Flare is only the leader in one version. In the other it's a women with red hair. It's weird because she's not any of the ones with a visor ... Did I miss something?
But it seems
There are two oldish teenager/ man with long red hair on the same board( i thougt it was silver but there are 2 of them so maybe they are new charecters) it

Where did you see those rumors?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Also on a another page フレア団 X ロケット団

エアリス: ポケットモンスターX

クセロシキ:ポケットモンスターY

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
But it seems
Can i have the full rumor please?

Back