• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The XBox 360!

Which of these consoles do you currently own?

• PlayStation 2

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • GameCube

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • XBox

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I don't own any of those

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

Identity.
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 14, 2005
    Hi,

Well, Pok?mon is a Nintendo thing, and evidently a lot of our (I say our, 'cause it's a community - no :P) users are going to be adiment Nintendo supporters.

However - there is always room for an objective viewpoint!

Anyone who happens to currently own an XBox, bombard me with your opinions on the 360. Infact, why doesn't everyone chip in - full scale debate!

Nintendo Revolution v. XBox360!

Just as a point of interest:
    Click right here to check out the GoogleFight for these two!

Well, I will look forward to your opinions! Also, make note of the attached poll (relivant to current consoles).

Kind regards,
    James

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I own a Xbox and love it. By far my fave current gen console and i own all 3 current gen consoles.
    Xbox 360 will be my fave next gen console.

Heres how I see it.
    PLaystation 3 will do well on the name, but i feel it will fail a bit since its billed as a "Super Computer"
    Xbox 360 is the opisit, will do well cause its more of a "gaming" machine then computer- since 360 is ment to mean center of gaming- BUT it will fail on its name....
    The nintendo is the same- may do well, but will fail since the Gamecube was made for kids, the revolution may be the same...

nutter

Identity.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 14, 2005

Hi,

Yeah, I agree with you there. Granted, the XBox may not have been the most practically designed console of this generation, or the least-buggy - but considering how quickly they pushed it out, I think it's pretty good!

They've taken a lot of time over the 360, and have employed people who are very excited about it's release. Honestly, I think they're gunna get it right this time and take the percentage of the market they deserve.

As for the kiddie/Nintendo link, I guess there could be something there, but Nintendo are still a leading game/console producer who have developed a good name for themselves - guess we'll just have to wait and see :)!

For anyone who'd like to check out the XBox 360 (and it's system specification) in greater detail than that offered on it's official website, check this out:
    Click here, right now!

Kind regards,
    James

nutter

Identity.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 14, 2005

Hi,

No next generation consoles at all? But why? They're really gunna boost the experiance a step closer to reality!

Drooling over the 360,
    James

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Hm yeah. I really don't think the new Playstation is gonna put up much of a fight in the market. It's gonna be sole competition between Xbox 360 and Nintendo Revolution. Hm, I own an XBOX and a Gamecube. I used to hate XBOX since I was pretty much a diehard Nintendo fan but on my birthday I got an XBOX and yeah, it rocks. My other diehard bestfriend knew about it too, got upset, but then came around and bought himself one. We are both gonna try to get both systems since simply I cannot decide really which is the best.

nutter

Identity.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 14, 2005

Hi,

Yeah, I've never really thought the majority of people have given the XBox a chance. Once they do, though, they tend to buy one :P! I myself have converted 4 friends to the ways of the XBox, and none of them have any regrets about moving from the grasp of the PS2.

It really makes you feel good, ya'know ;)!

Kind regards,
    James

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    This is the way I look at it. If the Xbox 360 has a strong release with good release titles, then I see no reason for the Xbox 360 not to dominated this console round. Microsoft, and I can't believe I'm saying this, was smart this time around and they actually listen to their customers for once unlike Sony or Nintendo.
    BTW: Debian rocks!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Neo-Dragon said:
    The nintendo is the same- may do well, but will fail since the Gamecube was made for kids, the revolution may be the same...
    Just a little note, the GC was NOT made for kids.

I own a Game Gube and a PlayStation 2.
    I own the GC because it has Super Smash Bros as well as other games I like (I got Star Wars, StarFox, and a few Pokemon games and others).
    I own t he PS2 because it has great Final Fantay games, Tekken, more Star Wars games and some games I love to rent.
    I never got an X-Box because of 2 things.
    1: I can find almost any game I want to play on the GC or the PS2. So there's no need for an X-Box.
    2: I don't like their games.
    When I think of X-Box games I think of Shooting, Racing, Sports, and M rated games (I know the PS2 has more M games but it's been out longer).

I think the 360 is going to do good in the next gen, so good for them.
    They are going to start out quick and get ahead of the rest by getting out before Christmas (they are going to get a good head start).
    But I'm going to wait and get the Nintendo Revolution (the system I want the most, so I'm getting it the day it comes out) and PlayStation 3. The only way I will play an X-Box/XBox 360 is getting it as a gift (not counting the games in the stores). Because I will never ask for one nor will I spend my money to get one. I just can't see anything about it that I like.

nutter

Identity.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 14, 2005

Hi,

KipKip: Debian does indeed rock :)!

I can see your point of view, Arcanine, as it's never really necessary to own all three consoles. I guess, as your eluded to in your post, it's based quite largely around your taste in games.

For me, shooting and racing is what I like best, and so the XBox has been a really great machine for me to wind-down with.

If I were to buy another console in this generation, I imagine it would be the GameCube. Several of my friends own them, and I am suitably entertained by a lot of it's games; 'Super Smash Brothers Melee' is an excellent title.

On top of this, the GameCube has design on it's side. I mean, it's tiny and weighs next to nothing. I've lugged an XBox around a train station before and believe me, it's not a bundle of laughs :(.

My plans for this year though include only the aquiration of a 360 (oh, and a new bike... sort of destroyed mine :D) - but hey, maybe I'll get the revolution too.

We'll see.

Kind regards,
    James

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    I own all three consoles and I think xbox owns them all.
    I was playing burnout 3 at a friends house on his PS2 and realised how much faster xbox loads games than PS2.
    Even though PS2 has the best choice of games (and I own more games for PS2 than xbox & GC) I still think xbox is the better console.
    I like GC for SSBM but the other games get so boring after a while.

Out of the next gen consoles I'll probably get them all one day but I still don't know if Im getting the 360 or PS3 first. I don't really see much from revoloution so far but I know SSBM online would totally own!

CookieMonsuta

{S.C.A.R.Y.}
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen May 29, 2006
    I own all three and must say that that the X-Box has much better graphics than the PS2. The GameCube is all right considering that some texures on ALL GC games are more flat than 3D. After going to E3 I tryed the X-Box 360, it has a nice design but it feels more like a computer with a really good graphics card more than a console. I feel like the PS3 is going to be the best out of all of them, even know nobody got to play it at E3 at all. The demos shown off at E3 looked amazing, even know there were tons flat textures in games, a flat wall with a crack would have much depth in it. Okay, thats all from me.

~FN

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    HI, i have got both a ps2 and an xbox and since i got my xbox i havent played on my ps2 because the xbox just out does it i am definetly gonna get the 360 before any of the others!

Years
  • I reckon I'll get an Xbox 360 and a Revolution and ditch the Playstation this time :D. I've got a PS2 and Gamecube now but there's a load of games on Xbox that I want, and all the good PS2 games are on Xbox anyway, so I may as well go for Xbox :D.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Nintendo Revolution isn't even going to be able to compete with X-Box 360 or PS3 because it lacks so many features its not even funny.

I'm definately getting the X-Box 360, just because. I think its the best, but the PS3 does look rather futuristic, thus better. But I'll still get the 360. I want to play Oblivion so bad, if its better than Morrowind, I'll cry lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back