• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Youtube Society ~ Take A Break And Enjoy Some Videos!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Welcome Chocolate™, [supporter]LilJZ[/supporter], [supporter]Vanille Sky[/supporter], and [supporter]Judge Mandalore Shepard[/supporter]! Feel free to post any videos you might find awesome to share with everyone! [:

Taken from here

It's led to a lot of famous vloggers to come to tumblr and post about it. Charlieissocoollke basically said he's disowned Alex Day as a friend, so did LittleRadge, and even italktosnakes came out with her own accusation and disowning of Day.

People who watched Day would note he hasn't made a video in a long time. (since this happened last month.)

I mean you could say that about any kind of celebrity; sexual abuse is a lingering issue and should be viewed in a negative limelight. If this is true than I'm glad that it had the response that it did; just because you are a celebrity does not make that any more right to commit the act. However, if he was duped by these woman because they knew he was a "celebrity," then I have a problem with it.

Username: Sheep
    Favorite Youtube Channel: Smosh. Fan since 2006!
    Why do you use Youtube?: It has the biggest and most extensive video library that I've seen. I can always find something to entertain myself with - gaming footage, vlogs, parodies, cartoons, it's all there. I've been using the site since 2006 and have no plans to stop.

Lately I've been missing my Let's Play watcher days. It's hard to find LPs that I'd enjoy, especially since channels I used to watch (UberHaxorNova among others) don't upload content that I enjoy anymore. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Does anyone have a YouTube account?
    Used to have one, but that was deleted about four years ago back in 2010. xD;; Had this channel to upload gameplay videos, and that's all. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get as much subscribers as I hoped for. I do have another one, but don't use it for anything aside from liking videos and dropping some occasional profile comments.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

Yea I have a couple but I pretty much never use them. I have the names of all the youtubers I want to watch memorized so I don't really need it. And I might have privately uploaded one video because my computer wouldn't play it and it wasn't something that I wanted someone to be able to find on my laptop...

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Username: countryemo
    Favorite Youtube Channels: FunForLouis, Press Record, Danisnotonfire, Dave Days, Faptain Obvious, KGATV, more but out of 208 subscriptions its hard to choose.
    What is your favorite type of channel: Vlogger whether typical weekly or daily. Musicians take a close second. Not a big fan of Gamers/Parodies, though stuff like Vsauce/Vlogbrothers are cool.
    Why do you use Youtube?: For entertainment, haha. Maybe someday a hobby or job. Already involved with the community (I do stuff like thumbnails/banners).
    Do you have a youtube channel: Yes to keep up with my 200+ subscriptions, haha. Though I plan on becoming a content creator someday.

Years
    Username: BuizelBushwhacks
    Favorite Youtube Channel: Smosh, Grace Helbig, Epic Meal Time, Marriland
    Why do you use Youtube: For entertainment purposes. Youtube is my only escape from boredom. Also, for educational purposes.

I have a lot of favorite Youtubers though. It would be as long as a research paper if I put them all in (with one paragraph for each).

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    Do you have a Youtube Channel?:

I do have one but it's only for subscribing and liking videos. I would have another one if not for the fact that I hate channels which upload only about 2 videos a week and that's probably what I would do owing to the huge amount of homework that I get almost everyday. But I WILL be shifting to a new school in a few days and that one's supposed to give minimal amounts of homework. So I'm planning to start uploading youtube videos starting on my birthday, around three videos everyday.

So are any of you'll planning to have a full fledged youtube channel someday?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Welcome countryemo and Buizelbushwacks! Both of you have been updated into the front page, so enjoy your stay here! The topic has also been updated to "do you have a Youtube channel?" and "do you think you'll ever have a full-fledged Youtube channel someday?"

Do you have a Youtube channel?
    I do! But just for subscription purposes. Like many of us, I think it would be near impossible to keep up with all of our favorite Youtubers without our own accounts to keep track of them.

Do you think you'll ever have a full fledged Youtube channel someday?
    I actually did back in the day with a bunch of my friends called "Manifest Gaming." It was nothing special; we played a bunch of video games with crappy recording equipment so it ended really quickly. I might want to go back to it at some point and start fresh, but only with new high quality recording equipmet. Things are busy as they are now though, so I don't know how I would be able to find time for it.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I do! I don't really post any videos. But I use it for music and my subscriptions.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Like many of you guys, yes, basically only for subscriptions though. I used to visit each channel individually and check for uploads, which was really quite a hassle.

Idk, I've thought about it. Nothing really stands out about me, no special talents, comedy skills, etc. I contemplated trying to do competitive Pokemon on Youtube, but that's really a hard business to get into, and I'm not that skilled to begin with, although I'm sure the exposure and constant practicing would help me get better.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Already answered this, but yes I do. Subbing/commenting purposes.

Yes, I've been working toward it. If I try a little bit I'll get a video up mid-may (Been trying for a while #laziness)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always thought about it and wondered what it would be like to have one, but wound up deciding not to. Do have ideas on what content I'd be putting up, but I just don't have the resources, though, nor do I have enough motivation or time. :( Might think about it again in some point in future, and see if I could possibly reconsider.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I have way back in 2007 when i first joined. But i was in school and i didn't have a camera of my own so i couldn't make any type of video. I have thought about it though every year and I've never seemed to find the time. I do hope that sometime in my life i'll have my channel a full fledged youtube channel someday, whether i do it all on my own for with 1 or more people.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Since I spend most of my time on Youtube, might as well join.

Username: Astinus
    Favorite Youtube Channel: the Game Chasers (there's others that I love the work that they do, but the Game Chasers are entertaining and inspirational in their own special way)
    Why do you use Youtube?: Entertainment. Why watch television and take a chance that there would be something I'd like to watch when I can go to Youtube and know that there will always be something for me to enjoy.

Years
    PrincessOfArendelle
    GameGrumps are pretty awesome
    I use YouTube to make videos and see other people's creative stuff. It is a fun way to express yourself.

Like VlogBrother status or just a regular upload lineup? I only have 364 subs as of now so nothing special. Weird thing is lately I have had a lot of subs. About 5 this week. So not sure where these people are coming from all of a sudden. But yeah I do hope to upload a lot once school ends.

Last edited:

TY

Username: Nova
    Favorite Youtube Channel: Totalbiscuit: The Cynical Brit, CarbotAnimations, Day9TV
    Why do you use Youtube?: I use it just to entertain myself with fun video's and occasionally I post my own gameplay xD

As for the current discussion:

I do have one, I just upload for fun and that's kinda it. Not really to get a massive ammount of subs or likes or w/e, just to share what I'm doing.

No. Mainly because there is so much competition the new peeps never seem to make it so quickly and I am not good enough for that :P

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Welcome pompayyy, Astinus, PrincessOfArendelle, and [supporter]Nova[/supporter] to the Youtube Society! I hope you have fun here, and feel free to post any videos you may find!

New topics have been updated!

Who are your favorite animators? What is your favorite animation?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I always passed over this club because I thought it was for people who made their own videos on Youtube, but if we're all just watching videos here, I'd love to join!

Username: Juno
    Favorite Youtube Channel: Cryaotic, WongFuProductions, Markiplier
    Why do you use Youtube?: I use it for practically everything, from entertainment to tutorials, some channels even help un-confuse me for schoolwork and explain things better than some of my professors. I mainly watch Let's Plays and comedic skits, and sometimes if there's a specific song I want to listen to I rather open up a tab for Youtube than start up iTunes.

Also, dog videos.

Who are your favorite animators? What is your favorite animation?

My favorites would be Coyotemation (animations playlist), Netty Scribble, Domics and AgentXPQ - the former two I stumbled across because they make animations of my favorite Let's Players, while the latter two animate amusing day-to-day things and random musings. AgentXPQ has a hilariously monotone voice he uses in his narrations.

Coyotemation's style is the most interesting to me, he uses these customized Team Fortress 2 characters (Cryaotic > CrySpy, Markiplier > Mediplier, PewDiePie > ScoutiePie, etc).

Back