• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TheGame - A survival RP PG 16+

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
  • "Hellllo Contestant!"

A loud booming voice pierces the darkness and awakens an ache deep within your brain. Youreyes slowly flutter open, but you can't make anything out in front of you. Your arms and legs lie limp, and despite your greatest efforts, you are unable to move them. The voice cuts in again.

"Don't worry too much about the paralysis, It will wear off in a few minutes-BUT FIRST, I have to explain the game to you. To begin, your goal is to survive. Of course, it's not *quite* that simple. Youare not the only contestant in this challenge! There are 11 others, eachfighting for the same thing you are: life. Their actions will likely be unpredictable. You could find that they'll make an alliance with you, or maybe they'll kill you just to eliminate a possible threat. Who knows? Not I. Or do I? Probably not, no... ANYWAY, You should be able to move now, so please sit up and observe your surroundings."

You slowly pull yourself up into a sitting position and take a look around you. the room you're in is circular and cramped, barely reaching 7 feet across. Inthe center of the floor you notice a small cut out circle. There isn't anything else in the room that draws your immediate attention, and after a few moments the booming voice resonates from unseen speakers once more.

"When the game begins, a small pedestal will rise out of the floor. Within the pedestal, you will find a small box. This box will contain everything you need to get started, as well as your new best friend(s)."

The voice pauses for a moment, and the comes ack in a quieter, far more serious tone.

"I'm not going to lie. This challenge will push you farther than anything else ever has. You might lose who you are as a person along the way. Your humanity will be tested to the fullest extent. I wish you luck."

The voice cuts out. A feminine voice quickly replaces it.

"The Game shall begin in a few moments. Your goal is to survive for as long as you can. The lives of others don't matter. You are to do whatever you can to keep yourself alive. It is recommended that you trust no one, but you are free to form Alliances as you wish. Now, a countdown from 3 shall begin, and the pedestal will rise. Grab your box and the door leading to the outside will open. The Game begins in 3...2...1...

~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to The Game. You are not sure why you are here, nor are you sure who you really are. It's probably a side effect of the sedative that was used on you, but who can be sure? All you know is what you have been told. SURVIVE. Who knows, if you live long enough, maybe you'll be able to put together the pieces and figure out what the games really are, and why you happen to be a participant. The truth is hidden deep, and you'll have to search hard to find it.

~~~~~~~~~

As You've been told several times, your task within this RP is to survive. You'll start out with a box containing random supplies and a pokeball or two pokeballs. The number of pokeballs you get is dependent on what number you choose (1-12) I will send you a PM if you have 2. You will not get to choose the pokemon, but I will allow you to choose the type. Just PM me the Type you want, and I will pick a random pokemon from within that type. If you want a complete surprise, just PM me 'Random.' Also, if you get 2 pokemon, The second type will be random.

I will Be playing the voice, who's identity is unknown. Read my posts closely, because I might give you a hint or throw an aside to your character. The Voice supposedly knows everything about you, even if you do not. The voice may mess with you, tell you lies, hide the truth, and generally be an ass. The Voice's mood is ever changing, as is mine. Chances are your challenges will depend on my mood on a day to day basis. Also, as a little bit of a bonus, I'll allow you to converse with the voice in the OOC, and if you can provide a valid point, or get on his good side, he might provide a bonus for your character. I intend to make this RP unique in ways that you haven't seen.(Hopefully)

The area outside your small room is unknown, and I will tell you where you're emerging once The Game begins.

~~~~~~~~~

Rules:

All RP Corner rules apply.

I/The voice have the final say in EVERYTHING. If you care to make an Appeal, please notify the voice in the OOC Thread.

I will allow characters to interact with each other, but keep anything sexual to a minimum. Things can be implied, or hinted at, but you cannot directly write sexual scenes. Keep it at or below making out and touching.

Nothing is Permanent, all is subject to change.

Try to keep it to a minimum with the cursing.

Death is allowed, but don't get to graphic.

If you wish to leave The Game, Write a death post, or notify me, and I'll write one for you.

If you leave the Game but stil wish to be in the RP, I might have a spot for you.

No Bunnying/Godmodding, unless given permission.

Place the password: SoIHerd, In your SU.

~~~~~~~~~

SU Sheet:

Name: (Your character's name, even though they don't remember. They will be referred to by number)

Appearance: (What does your character look like? 2-3 Paragraphs)

History: (While your character might not remember it, the voice probably will. 2-3 Paragraphs)

Personality: (How does your character act? Are they a hero? A villain? do they protect? Are they a lone wolf? Do they prefer to work with others? Will they stick with their pokemon until the end? 2-3 Paragraphs)

RP Sample: (Show me how you RP. I expect a medium-high quality post here, you're showcasing your RP skills, and I'm going to be making my decision about whether or not I'l let you in based partially on this post. Get creative. make this about anything you choose. You can use a segment from a previous RP if you wish. Minimum of 3 paragraphs.)

~~~~~~
    Contestants:
    1 (Reserved Cirrus)
    2: Cal Dynasti (Roserade)
    3: Hannah Simmones(XxSweetDreamsxX)
    4: Calixte Vione (Strikit)
    5: Logan Zephulos (Nimblethumbs)
    6 (Reserved Searn)
    7 (Reserved Curious)
    8: Ceto Flynn (NightofRemorse)
    9 (Pending Chef30)
    10: Florence Allan (Renege)
    11 Penelope Baudelaire (Kiyoshi the polar bear)
    12: Caesar Nicci (LightYagami)

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Name: Calixte Vione

Appearance:
    Calixte is of no impressive height, but her mannerisms and method of carrying herself makes her seem taller. Due to her lack of interest in eating and focus on physical wellness she's slim, her feminine curves minimized in favor of strength. Her skin is slightly tanned from genetics, not from time spent outside. Full lips, striking grey eyes, shoulder length chocolate brown hair, and well proportioned facial features make her an attractive femme fatale. She has no qualms with using her looks to get what she wants from others and so she makes sure her appearance is well kept at all times.

Calixte's favorite outfit consists of skin tight leather pants, black boots with a slight heel, and a black sweater over an undershirt of the same color. However, she's not entirely impractical. When she's going to be out on the field she wears thickly soled black boots, black shorts, a black undershirt, and a short sleeved white button down, unbuttoned. She hasn't yet been given the Team Rocket uniform, but she wants nothing more.

History:
    Calixte was born in Saffron City to Lionel and Vanessa Vione. Never was her home life what one would consider normal. Her mother worked, while her father stayed home with her. An only child, she became quite the daddy's girl and aspired to follow in his footsteps with everything he did. Vanessa left Calixte and Lionel when she was five, leaving her to be raised by her father -- as if that weren't the case already. From that point on they were in dire need of more money, which lead Lionel to join Team Rocket when they offered. After he began to rise in the ranks they slowly had more money and more means. Calixte took note and decided at that point, at the age of eight, that she would at least briefly join Team Rocket.

She grew up as a Team Rocket employee's daughter, seeing the organized side of crime. Although her father had at first been against it he grew comfortable and happy with it. Still, he would never want Calixte to get involved. That was why she had to schedule a meeting with the boss unbeknownst to her father and discuss her future with the Rockets. They agreed that when she turned eighteen she would move to a new region and start. Her excitement was immeasurable as she awaited the Pokemon the boss had promised her to start, a Gastly he said would work with her perfectly. However, her plans were stunted by an event she doesn't remember, and may never continue as she had desired.

Personality:
    Sarcastic, self-centered, and focused only on her own agenda, Calixte is comprised of sugar and spice -- the sugar being, of course, a facade. An excellent actress, she can change her persona in a split second to suit her needs. Because of this she often surprises people who think they know her when the need to become someone else arises. She has been called a sociopath, and she doesn't even try to deny it. She cares for very few people, and she has no desire to become a more social being. Any organization she belongs to is simply for her own well being, including her Team Rocket membership. The looming event of being given her first Pokemon was her first reason for joining; she intended to just get the Pokemon and split. But after realizing how far the Rockets could take her she's decided to stay and hopefully eventually become the boss.

Calixte's desire to get a partner is not entirely due to her trust and liking of Pokemon. On the contrary she knows that they're just as dangerous as other people. They can turn on their master just as any person can turn on their friend, so any relationship she has with one is very cautious. Perhaps with time she could learn to trust one, but it would take a truly harrowing experience. In essence, she even has a slight fear of Pokemon.

RP Sample: Thirty pairs of eyes stared at Emily Rancon with a despair she could never begin to comprehend. Lined up like animals in the foyer of the expansive Rancon mansion, they awaited approval from their new mistress under the watchful eye of the Keeper.

"These will be satisfactory," she said after a long pause. "But do they have to have such dreadful hair? I at least want my property to be attractive."

Edmund Rancon addressed his sister in his exasperated, patronizing way. "Of course they do. They must keep themselves well groomed, of course, and short hair is easier to maintain. Beyond that, ascertaining that all hairlines do not pass the jaw line keeps them all so similar and androgynous that one of them doesn't start thinking they're special."

Although she understood and agreed with the logic, Emily pursed her lips and eyed them, one after another. "What shall I call them? Do they have names?"

Edmund smirked, his hands clasped behind his back. "You may call them whatever you wish. Give them names, assign them a letter, a number, the choice is yours. Whatever they have been called in the past is irrelevant if you choose to call them something else. They will respond to it, or else answer to the Keeper."

The towering man standing at the end of the line of slaves grinned maliciously. "Yes ma'am, I would be more than happy to keep these beasts in line for you."

The way the slaves cringed made Emily wonder what the Keeper did to them. He dressed elegantly, as his position required, and kept his straight, thin black hair -- which ironically covered all but the top of his head -- clean and kempt. But there was a sadistic malevolence that he brought with him whenever he entered a room. It was enough to make even Emily nervous, though Edmund seemed unperturbed.

"Have you all you need to know?" Edmund asked.

Emily nodded in response. "Yes, I can handle it myself from here."

Edmund approached the line of slaves and said, "You four. You are coming with me. You will not need to return to your quarters, and do not bother with goodbyes. We leave now."

The fear and despair in their eyes was visible as they broke ranks to stand next to Edmund. Several of the remaining slaves bit their lips or clenched their teeth; they had just lost friends, families, even lovers, and there was not a word any of them could say about it.

"Farewell, dear sister. May you find fortune in your new life." He embraced her briefly and was gone, the malnourished slaves struggling to keep up with his long strides. Emily looked to her new staff, unmindful of their terror.

"You are to answer to me now," she declared authoritatively. "You shall never question my orders, else you will face punishment. I will refer to you as a single letter. Your position in line now, from my left to my right, dictates what letter you will be. Figure it out yourself and respond to it."

All that said, she waved her hand dismissively. "You are to go back to your quarters now."

The Keeper grinned and shoved the slave nearest to him. "You heard her. Get moving."

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • *Nods*

Okay, I'll make sure you get a gen IV Or lower. But only because you asked nicely. ;)

What number would you like to be?

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Yes you may Chef. I'll put you in as number 9, just remember that certain numbers will get 2 starters as opposed to one,so you might have a better chance if you pick a random number.

RESERVED

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Can I reserve a spot? I don't really care which number I get. Also, if you can, I'd like to have a generation IV or lower pokemon, because I'm not too familiar with generation V :/

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    May I please have a reservation? This looks really awesome ^.^. (Also, am I the only one who just lost "The Game?")

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • SweetDreams, Nimblethumbs Roserade and Searn, you are all reserved.

V: Welcome to the game Contestants! We're going to have loads of fun together....

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Can I reserve spot #10? I'll have mine up by tomorrow night-ish if not earlier!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • If I get accepted, may I have number eight? Also, can I get a Pokémon from before Unova? I'm not very familiar with those either xD

Name: Ceto Flynn (first name pronounced KEE-toh)
    Appearance: Ceto's appearance makes her seem pure. Her straight hair is a very light blond looking almost white in colour, passing a few inches below her shoulders. Her skin is almost just as pale, being a fair, cream sort of colour. Ceto's eyes are a light shade of green. While she is fairly thin, she is also toned due to genetics and regular exercise.

As if Ceto didn't look light enough, she wears tight white jeans and a plain white shirt. Her shoes are, you guessed it, white Converse. Around her neck, she wears a silver chain with a Sharpedo tooth dangling from it. Her face almost always carries a smile, whether it be her mouth smiling, or her large green eyes smiling. Ceto is of average height for her age, but is considered short in general. Because of this, she looks small and harmless, even though she has outgoing and leader-like qualities.

History: Ceto was born and grew up in Lilycove City, Hoenn. She has an older brother named Michael who would often pick on her. When Ceto was five and Michael was seven, he would often break and hide her toys, knock her over, and even tortured small Pokémon in front of her. Ceto knew her brother had to have some sort of mental illness, but knowing that didn't help. One day, she found an injured Zigzagoon just outside of the city and brought it home to take care of it. She tried her best to not let Michael know about it, and kept it inside a box in her room. When Ceto went to play outside, Michael called her to come quick into the room. When she went in, the Zigzagoon was laying there on the ground, torn to shreds. Ceto screamed in fear and told her parents, but they refused to believe Michael had done something like that. "A Mightyena probably got inside somehow," her mother said.

As years went by, Michael did these things less often, but that isn't to say he stopped. Ceto had already grown tolerant of her brother, but still did her best to stop him from hurting Pokémon. One morning, she decided to travel out of Lilycove just for fun, and fed some berries to the Pokémon in the area. There was a group of kids who would make fun of her for playing with Pokémon by herself, and mocked her for not having human friends. She kindly asked them to stop, but they refused. Every time she went over there, they would quickly find her and continue pestering her. They even began to go as far as throwing things at her and pushing her. One day, she snapped and pushed one of them into the ocean and held him under until he drowned. Noticing he was wearing a nice Sharpedo tooth around his neck, Ceto took it and put it on herself. The boy's friends freaked out and ran off. Realizing she had just done something Michael would have done, Ceto became very upset. She didn't want to be cruel like him. She ran off farther from Lilycove, but then something happened and now she doesn't realize who or where she is…

Personality: Ceto can be described as bright and willing to work with others. She is very respectful to everybody else, and does her best to treat everyone equally. She is confident and not afraid to talk about what she thinks, unless it's something she'd rather not share. The problem is that Ceto overestimates her own abilities sometimes, thinking what she is doing must be correct, even though it may not be. Leadership is something she wouldn't mind having, and this annoys others often because her outward appearance makes her look too soft for the role. Being very smart, Ceto can usually tell what someone is like just by hearing them speak and reading their body language.

Although Ceto generally likes other people and gives people a chance to show her what they can do, she isn't a pushover. She will only kill if it's absolutely necessary, due to her not wanting to be a copy of her brother. If Ceto is catching on to someone who isn't quite right, she'll pretend she doesn't realize it so that they will think she is as oblivious and stupid as the next guy. Ceto loves Pokémon and even treats them better than even humans sometimes. She knows that every single Pokémon out there has the potential to be very powerful, even a Caterpie, if it is worked with and trained enough.

RP Sample: Alice looked around the cafeteria as even more students came in. A girl with hair similar to her own, but way longer. Her skin was tanned and she had brown eyes. Alice watched her before shifting her focus to a guy with dark brown hair and a black shirt. He looked familiar, but Alice couldn't be bothered to try and remember where she last saw him. There were so many late students today. This isn't what Alice would usually expect at an academy like this. Jem looked at Commodore as he explained how he was envious of natural birth.

"I'm… I'm sorry dude," Jem said in condolence. Skye's Eevee argued with Bri's Snivy. So much happened all at once, Alice was starting to get a headache. She got up from the table and stood in the middle of the cafeteria. She turned toward the table where everybody else was. The newer kids who just came in caught Alice's eye again. She studied both of them. "Return," she said, returning Savannah and Bean to their pokéballs. Jem ran over and leapt onto Alice's shoulder.

"See ya, Mark," she said as she walked outside. Despite all the people here, Alice was starting to feel even lonelier. Something about the fact that these were all strangers from different places, and not her close family and friends, made it less pleasant. True, she wanted to meet people, but… it gave her a weird feeling she didn't understand. She was tempted to battle everyone, but she also wanted to defeat them all. All these people, were they friends or foes? It was hard when everyone here was so different. At the last school, they were all smug and easy to figure out. Not here. Alice looked at the battlefield and noticed that Ellie and the Snivy were battling it out. Lucky Skye, I wanted to battle the new kid, she thought, even though everybody at the school was technically new. The Snivy collapsed to the ground and fainted after receiving a hard Tackle from Ellie. Alice smiled somewhat, knowing that the little Eevee she met earlier was very spunky and a tough fighter.

"Vuuuulpix!" Jem howled. Alice looked down at the ground. "I feel different," she said to Jem. He looked at her and frowned. "Vulpix!" he exclaimed. Alice's train of thought shifted. When was she supposed to get to her next class? And more importantly… what was her next class? "Off, Jem," she said to him. Jem leaped off and they both ran as fast as they could. Alice was reminded of when she lived in Saffron. Her and the neighborhood children always had races, and Alice always beat them. It frustrated the other kids until nobody ever wanted to race her. Alice and Jem ran and ran until they made it to the Suicune Dorm building. Alice quickly sprinted to the door and opened it.

Password: SoIHerd

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Yayyy it's done~~

---------

Name: Logan Zephrulos

Appearance: Logan is extremely short, standing at a meager 3' 8". He hates the fact that he's the shortest person everywhere he goes, and wears clothing to make him look taller; he always wears platform shoes, and is never seen without his dark green and black trench coat. He wears baggy dark-blue jeans, and wears a variety of graphic t-shirts. His skin is a light tan, and his face is unblemished, except for a small red scar on his left cheek. Logan's eye's are a neon green color, and they seem to be looking at everything at once, darting around and observing, taking in everything and making calculations in his mind. However, at the same time, they seem to be full of life and excitement. Below these eyes are a dash of freckles. Emerald green goggles rest on his forehead.

Logan has a small round nose, and small pink lips. The tips of his ears are slightly pointed, and it looks like he has no earlobes. Logan's hair is a dark-coffee color, and hangs around and over his ears, concealing the elvin tips. His hair is straight and shiny, almost matted down on the top of his head, and loose towards the sides. His hair covers his forehead, and partially covers his thin eyebrows. He has short legs, and arms that reach just above his knees. Each finger ends in a sharp nail. At his waist is a belt, partially hidden by the trench coat. The belt carries many gadgets; some creations of Logan himself. A small communication device is at the right of the belt, and mechanical arms hang at the left, concealed by the coat. A variety of other mechanical tools and weapons are on that belt. A large steel buckle sits on the center of the belt. 

History: Born in a big city, Logan was born to parents who technically lived in their office. His dad was a scientist and inventor hired by a big company to design and create products for them to sell, and his mother worked as a computer engineer at the same company. Both were very smart and earned a lot of money, but they didn't have the time for Logan. Managing to put up with him and his antics and love for machinery for a few years, when Logan started first grade, he was sent of to a boarding school. Those years before the boarding school were happy for Logan; he would always be with his father, helping around the lab and drawing blueprints for his own machines in his notebook. The boarding school wasn't bad for him either; he made many friends, and got good grades. His teachers quickly realized the potential in the boy, and he was challenged with curriculum from other grades. Logan barreled through it, getting nearly everything right, and quickly grasping the concepts he didn't get. He spent a lot of time in the lab at the school, and made his own creations from his old blueprint book, including a pair of mechanical arms. Logan never felt the homesickness and longing for parental love some other students felt; Logan was right at home with his friends and machines.

Personality: Quick to speak his mind, and even quicker to think up of a witty comment, Logan is smart, sly, cunning and witty, along with a sarcastic (and sometimes sadistic) sense of humor. Logan is often underestimated by his opponents an rivals, and while he may not look like much, he can usually think his way out of any situation. His brain is stronger than his brawn; he is not strong physically and is pretty slow due to his small legs. Logan is also overtalkative, and though he keeps a few secrets, mostly anything will come out of his mouth. He is usually cheerful, funny, enjoyable and in general good company but on occasion he can snap and really hurt someone's feelings. However, usually when in battles, tough situations, or in the lab, he goes into what he likes to call the 'zen phase', when he focuses only on the task at hand. He becomes cold and calculating, and it seems as if all his emotions have been shut down. After the task is complete, he reverts back to his usual cheery self.

RP Sample: (this is from Cries from the Other Side [my rp sample there])
    >>Ryan stared at the choppy waves, his eyes like steel blades. The waves seemed to bounce off of the ground, go sky high, then steeply back down again. It was conditions too rough for any surfer; the chances of him not falling off were almost none. He would be belched into the air, then brought back down and get mercilessly beaten by the raging waters.

His friend Eric looked at the waves, and then at Ryan. Waves, Ryan. Ryan, waves. He knew Ryan was going to try to surf it, but it was worth a try to prevent him from commiting almost certain suicide. "Dude, Ryan--" he began. He only got so far before Ryan cut him off.

"Dude, I can pull this off. It shouldn't be that hard.... I mean, I've seen worse."

"Yeah," Eric said sarcastically. "You've seen worse, but you haven't rode worse."

"Exactly. So this'll be a first."

"You know that
     you're gonna die, right?"

"Are you saying I'm not good enough for it?" Ryan's eyebrow twitched and rose upwards.

Eric blinked. There he was, off with his ego again. "No, I'm saying that any sensible surfer wouldn't do it. A good hero runs away to fight again. Or surf again."

Ryan smiled. "I'm not a sensible surfer." He ran off towards the churning water. Suddenly, he paused. He backpedaled and almost flew to a stand on the edge of the beach. He talked briefly to the man behind the wooden counter, produced some money, and exchanged it for something round. As he ran back to the water, he stuffed into his mouth. Eric looked closely, and saw it was a pastry.

-------

Oh.. And the password is SoIheard. n__n

Sorry if this a bit shabby and short, I did this on my iPod.
    And can I be number 5 if i'm accepted?

Thanks!

Back