• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TheGame - A survival RP PG 16+

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
Years
  • The Beginning

Caesar could only see the darkness within his eyelids. He tried to open his eyes but found that he could not. So he mentally tabulated all the things he could remember, which was surprisingly a short list.

I'm definitely not comfortable with the situation as of yet.

As if on cue, The Voice piped in and let him know the exact situation and just how uncomfortable it should be. Apparently he was in a game where he was not alone, and his sole objective was to stay alive. He kept his original stance and let all the information sink in.

"The Game will begin in 3…..2……1"

Caesar sat up instantly and absorbed the sights around him. He jumped up and immediately did a self diagnostic. His motor functions all seemed to be in top shape, and he had some sort of camouflage suit on with matching bandana. Not very far in front of him sat a pedestal. On top of the pedestal lay a stone box with the tools to his survival. He sauntered over and removed the top; his eyes were immediately attracted to the white and red pokeballs in their miniature form.

My supposed new best friends I presume. We'll let's see what we have here.

Caesar immediately threw both pokeballs in the air and released the pokemon inside them. Out came a Poochyena with its nose up in the air and a Charmander with a toothy smile and bright tail flame.

Poochyena looked Caesar in the eye and then shuffled to the doorframe and laid down; it completely ignored Caesar.

Well that's going to be a pleasure to deal with as I try to survive.

Charmander sidled up to Caesar. He shivered a bit in apprehension, which Charmander took as a sign of cold and turned up his tail flame.

At least someone seems loyal.

He looked back at the box examining each one of its items with his utmost attention. He first picked up the cranberries, which was alright for the moment, but he decided not to touch them yet. He moved on to a container of razors. His eyebrow shot up, but he said nothing. The container of poison made both his eyebrows shoot up, and then a sly smile as he ran through small scenarios where poison might be very useful. There was also a book on how to survive in the swamp, which he decided to read thoroughly at his first chance.

Hmmm? What's this?

Caesar stumbled upon a watch. He saw the time digitally displayed and snatched it up instantly. As he picked it up and swung onto his wrist and attached itself.

Great, one rushed move and I have a watch surgically attached to my wrist. Clearly I have to be smart in this Game.

After his initial failed attempts to remove the watch, he shrugged off the negative thoughts buzzing in his head like a nest of Beedrills. He then returned his two companions. After that he stepped out to the swamp he had to now survive in. Not wanting rush into anything again, he climbed up what he hoped to be a reliable tree to observe his surroundings and read the book that would help him call this place home.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Penelope had barely eaten her fourth nut when her watch beeped twice. Even though this had happened before, Penelope still jumped a bit when she heard it.

"Well, well, well. You're quite the little murderer, aren't you? I really didn't think you had it in you. Although, I suppose you did do it in self defense.... Still, a kill is a kill, and that's all that really matters in the end. How does it feel now that you know you killed the mother of that little Snover there? How is he going to live once he realizes you aren't his mother?" the voice said, Penelope cringing more every time the despicable character brought up Shover and the parent Penelope made a coat of. The voice cackled, making fun of her and enjoying itself. "Alright, your reward is at the mouth of the cave." It said, finishing its broadcast.

Penelope gripped her stomach in guilt and clasped her on the hand over her mouth. Very familiar tears created a sea of anguish on her soft face. She was a monster, wasn't she? She might have killed the Abamasnow by accident and in the name of defense, but she was the one that made the conscious decision to skin it for a coat. She was the one that carved out its flesh for a meal. For goodness sake, before all this, she was the one that decided to follow the cry of the Snover. All the Abamasnow was doing was making sure its newborn was safe! All she was doing was caring for her child! The mother was only guilty of being selfless while Penelope came to run them out of their home!

Penelope didn't hold in her sadness. She broke down and curled up on the cave floor, sobbing loudly to herself. Colonel and Major stood in place and occasionally sighed with sympathy. They didn't go to her however, because this was a situation that required delicacy and alone time. The only thing they should do is be supportive and aid in a swift rebound once Penelope had collected herself. The Snover, however, walked towards his mama. He paused at her crying back, thinking about what to do. She was making awfully strange noises, but Snover could easily identify the tone of sadness. Snover began to rub her back, seeing if that would help.

Penelope stopped sobbing and leaned up. She turned to view her back and saw the cute, adorable Snover looking back at her with a gleam in its eyes. Had he made her feel better? Instead of calming down, Penelope dropped back down on the floor and cried even louder than before. She robbed it of a parent. She was wearing its parent's skin. Its skin, of all things. She was lying to the poor child, making it believe everything was fine and dandy. The coat on Penelope started to feel clammy on her skin; her hearing moans of strife and pain in her head. The Abamasnow wanted to know if her child was alright, and cursed at Penelope. The girl was evil. She should be punished.

Penelope woke up, having realized she cried herself to sleep. She stood and felt the dry tears on her cheeks. Snover was slumped on the ground, having just previously been snuggled in the fur on Penelope's coat. Colonel was sleeping near the exit of the cave, with Major standing right next to him. The dog was keeping lookout, obviously the two having made a sleeping schedule to always keep guard of their master.

The only light anywhere was being radiated was the reflected moonlight on the white snow. Penelope walked over to the entrance after setting Snover up cozily in her arms. Despite the size of it, the Snover was barely even five pounds. All its inner workings were plant-like, so even major organs weighed an ounce or two. Only once it evolved did it really start to pack on the pounds. The Snover was as submerged as he could be in Penelope's coat, sound asleep.

After taking a good look at Major, who greeted her with a nod, she looked outside and noticed fairly small, seemingly golden box half hidden by the snow. Penelope, curious, dropped the Snover in the snow gently and grabbed the golden box. Double-checking to make the Snover was just as comfortable in the snow as was in her arms, she slowly opened the box.

Everything had a note on it or under it. The three plump berries that lay in box was first to catch her eye. Penelope held the box in one hand and pushed the berries out of the way from on top the note. The little sticky note read "To provide some extra nourishment." Simple enough, and the berries were explanatory in themselves. They were the ever popular Oran berries, known to be filling and delicious. Not only that, but they were noted for having special medicinal qualities about them.

Penelope then pulled out a brown bottle with a twistable white plastic top. The sticky note on it read "I hear it really brings out the flavor of grass types." Confused, Penelope scraped off the note on the side of the box and looked at what it previously had hidden. The bottle read "Premium Unova Steak Sauce," the words trying to seem elegant and charming. Penelope winced at it. Pretty morbid. But curiosity got her best of her as she placed the box at her feet and unscrewed the top. She delicately poured one drop of the thick sauce on her finger and stuck it into her mouth. The sauce as amazing in itself, having delicious flavor and slight tang. This was the kind of sauce that came fifty bucks a bottle. Even though the voice's intentions for how she uses this were less then wholesome, Penelope felt a bit grateful that she got quite the delicious item.

Screwing the top back on and placing the bottle back in the box, a sticky note shielded the last item as she brought it back up to her chest. Penelope just read it from there. "For your newfound child." That was odd. What the voice prepared for the Snover? Penelope reached and grabbed the sticky note off the item.

A Pokéball. A bloody Pokéball. This was her final prize for killing the Abamasnow: her child's cooperation to help Penelope kill. Penelope picked up the ball and threw it into the snow a yard away. The voice was taunting her now. It knew how bad she felt. It wanted her to slaughter more things. And do it on purpose.

Penelope decided right then and there that all she would do is help Snover evolve so it could survive on its own. She didn't want it to become an accomplice to murder. Besides, Penelope wasn't going to kill another creature. She wasn't going to play this game. She was going home. Wherever that was.

"Until next time," the voice said from her watch as she stood in the snow until finally cutting off for good. Penelope lost it once more to her grief upon hearing the sentence. She fell to her knees and wept into her hands. The Snover woke up to the sudden sobbing and walked to its mama. He rubbed his head on her to comfort her once more. Penelope turned to see the monster doing this. The voice wants her to create more orphans for the other Pokemon to rip apart limb by limb.

....Why?

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Ceto quickly shot up to see what it is she had tripped on. Spoink just hopped there casually as she stared down at him. "Aren't you a little bugger," she said, almost laughing. Oh, how odd that even the smallest thing made Ceto forget about the situation at hand.

"I'll name you Peter Porkchop!" she joked. "Spoink!" Spoink exclaimed, not amused.

"How about Napoleon?"
    "Spoink!"
    "Okay, Napoleon it is, then."

Ceto returned to the supplies and lifted them up, but then dropped them again as a hiss of static startled her.

"Tut tut tut. You'll never accomplish anything if you keep messing around like that. Now, I support fun every now and then, but now is not the time for that. You must become cold, deadly, confident. You need a killer instinct. Like MICHAEL's. Don't you remember how you got that necklace? Of course not. You don't remember anything, Do you? hehehehe. Anyway, If you don't get going, I'll be forced to give you some 'inspiration' to keep going."

"What- What are you, anyway?! How are you following me? And who is Michael??" Ceto practically screamed at the watch latched onto her wrist. The watch went dead silent.

"C'mon, answer me!" She smacked the watch against the ground repeatedly and looked at it again. The watch hadn't even received a scratch! Ceto sighed and absorbed what the voice had told her. She grabbed the Sharpedo tooth that hung by the silver chain on her neck, looking at it as if she just noticed it was there. I don't remember anything except for my name. I'm not even sure if that really is my name.

Ceto looked down and noticed that Napoleon had caught up. He bounced in place and merely watched her.

"W-Where are the berries?" Ceto asked as she kneeled down to move the items aside. "The berries! They're… gone…"

Napoleon looked down and began bouncing away.

"You ate them!" Ceto followed after him and stepped in front of him.

"You do realize that's all we had?" she asked, her voice calmer, not bothering to get angry about something that was gone no matter what. Sorry, a voice said in her head. Ceto looked at the Spoink in slight confusion.

"Was that you?" she asked. Napoleon nodded. Being a psychic Pokémon, he could speak at least a few basic words.

"Let's go, we need to keep moving or that crazy bastard is going to do something," Ceto said. But, there was something she had forgotten. There were eleven others who were a part of this mind game! Surely, someone had to be here in this very desert right now. I'm not alone.

Ceto slipped the closed swiss army knife into her pocket, carry the two pokéballs in her left hand and the water bottle in her right. She had gotten so distracted, she forgot how freaking hot it was out here! Eyeing the water bottle, Ceto noted that the water had to be saved for when it was really needed. Not now.

"Camerupt!" a distant, hefty voice said. Ceto lifted her eyes forward and noticed a group of five Camerupt walking along the desert, calling out in happy, powerful voices. Not being able to resist her curiosity, she walked toward them with a careful stride. Napoleon bounced beside her until they got real close to them.

"Hey, Camerupt… do you think you can help us?" Ceto asked one of them. It stopped in its tracks and looked down at her with lazy looking eyes. Ceto bit the inside of her cheek, half expecting the large orange beast to eat her right there.

"Ruuuupt!" he roared, making both Ceto and Napoleon flinch and let out small squeals. Rupt! Rupt! Rupt! The other Camerupt all repeated the same "Rupt!" as if talking amongst themselves.

"Camerupt," the Camerupt in front of Ceto said. She looked down at Napoleon with a questioning look. "He says to climb on his back," Napoleon explained in Ceto's mind. She walked next to the Camerupt and hoisted herself on his back. Napoleon shrunk to the ground as much as he could, then released himself into a huge leap. He landed right on the Camerupt's head and continued bouncing.

"Spoink, Spoink, Spoink," he said, possibly apologizing for the constant bouncing he would need to do. Camerupt didn't respond, and instead quietly continuing his tread forward.

Ceto noticed that she had quite a few splotches of dirt on her clothes. The voice just had to send me here? …Oh well, not like it matters. The voice also wanted her to become a killer. He had to be concerned with her wellbeing somehow. Why else would he want her to be a killer? The hot sun beat down on all the creatures, but Ceto's light colours helped fend off a lot of the heat. She leaned forward and rested on the Camerupt's volcano-like hump. After what seemed like forever, they came to a stop. Ceto found herself among at least a hundred Camerupt. She looked around at them all and grimaced.

"Erm, thanks for the ride. We'll be out of your hair now," she said. She slipped off the orange beast's back and Napoleon hopped off his head.

"What can we possibly do here? I mean, there's nothing except for that cluster of trees," Ceto said, pointing in their general direction. Then her stomach growled. Oh, that darn Napoleon. There were no oran berries left. Even though there were only three, that was still something.

Ceto and Napoleon wordlessly made their way to the trees. They provided decent shade. Suddenly, Ceto felt stabs of pain in her back. She shouted in reaction to it and slammed her back against the tree. She threw her head back as soon as contact was made, and she felt something smash. She lowered herself to the ground, not bending her back in fear of hurting herself further. She felt a body against her back and head, and she pulled it off carefully.

"Ow!" she exclaimed as she detached the thing from herself. It was a Cacturne, and it had its head smashed in. Ceto gasped for a moment and dropped the limp cactus to the ground. Where the hell did this creature come from? She poked the Cacturne before noticing how small it was. This one had probably just evolved or something. That was the only reasonable explanation for why it had been defeated so easily. One thing's for sure, it had its ninja skills pretty much mastered. Ceto stepped away from it and gave an apologizing glance to Napoleon, who merely tilted his head. "What? " he asked.

"What do you mean, 'what?'? I just killed this Pokémon even though I was trying not to kill anything!" Ceto exclaimed as if going around and not killing things was such an impossible task. In frustration, she kicked the body into the tree trunk. It hit the bark and then slumped back down with a thud. Although Ceto couldn't see, the back of her head was blazed with bright red blood. The blaze ran down till the middle of her back. Scattered on her back were a couple of blood red dots. That was the only blood that belonged to her.

"Let's just eat him," Napoleon said. "Spoink! Spoink!" he hopped to the body and sniffed it. "I refuse to touch it," Ceto said stubbornly, sitting on the sand and crossing her arms.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    "Hellllo Contestant!"

What was happening? Flo's head pounded as she tried to sort out her thoughts and gather herself from this massive headache she had. As she tried rubbed her eyelids she noticed that she couldn't, she couldn't do anything. At this point Flo really started to freak out, what the hell was going on?! Wait, had some voice called her a contestant?

"Don't worry too much about the paralysis, It will wear off in a few minutes-BUT FIRST, I have to explain the game to you. To begin, your goal is to survive. Of course, it's not *quite* that simple. Youare not the only contestant in this challenge! There are 11 others, eachfighting for the same thing you are: life. Their actions will likely be unpredictable. You could find that they'll make an alliance with you, or maybe they'll kill you just to eliminate a possible threat. Who knows? Not I. Or do I? Probably not, no... ANYWAY, You should be able to move now, so please sit up and observe your surroundings."

It took a moment for her to absorb everything that was going on. First, she was in a game for her life which meant that she could possibly lose it at any second. Second, she wasn't the only player in the game and the others wanted her dead as well. This voice was creepy and Flo wanted nothing more than to be with her friends back home. Her arm twitched surprising Flo which lead to her quickly sitting up. Her eyes focused on the middle of the "room" if it could even be called that. This place was tiny, cramped, and dirty it was more like a room for your pet. "When the game begins, a small pedestal will rise out of the floor. Within the pedestal, you will find a small box. This box will contain everything you need to get started, as well as your new best friends." Best friends?! How could her best friends fit in this box? This voice was had annoyed her from the beginning and where was it coming from? "I'm not going to lie. This challenge will push you farther than anything else ever has. You might lose who you are as a person along the way. Your humanity will be tested to the fullest extent. I wish you luck." Pfft. Flo knew that she didn't need "luck" she would beat this game and get her life back.

"The Game shall begin in a few moments. Your goal is to survive for as long as you can. The lives of others don't matter. You are to do whatever you can to keep yourself alive. It is recommended that you trust no one, but you are free to form Alliances as you wish. Now, a countdown from 3 shall begin, and the pedestal will rise. Grab your box and the door leading to the outside will open. The Game begins in 3...2...1..." The other voice faded and a feminine voice spoke instead which Flo preferred. Survival of the fittest, she remembered watching many reality tv shows for this. That's it! Flo knew she was on a reality tv show, how else would she have gotten here?! That whole 'survive or die' was just a scam she would "die" but in reality she would just be taken out of the game and flown home to her family.

She stood up and dusted off her dress after all she didn't want the cameras to catch her looking gross. Flo made her way to the box she noticed that it was actually made out of wood not cardboard which is what she originally thought it was made out of. Very weary she took a few steps staring at the ground to make sure there wasn't any hidden traps. Eager Flo ripped at the box to see what would be inside, hopefully some food she was starving. There were two spherical objects, a box of matches, some beef jerky in a bag (which Flo immediately opened and ate one), scissors, and some paper? Upon closer inspection she saw that the spheres were Pokeballs! Okay now this was definitely getting creepier she didn't want to go on some journey by herself! There was even a watch which Flo did NOT put on because it definitely didn't match her outfit.

"How am I supposed to carry this stuff?" Flo wondered and just picked up the box from the bottom this was going to get tedious. Why did she have to wear a dress and get picked to put on a survival tv show on the same day?! She pocketed the two spheres into her coat pocket completely forgetting she should check them out. The weird watch in the other just incase she needed the time but in reality she forgot about it as well. A door slowly opened which completely freaked out Flo because she hadn't been expecting it. "Okay..." Flo muttered to herself then immediately heat rushed at her and swallowed her whole. She put down the box carefully because she heard noises move through the bushes. Took off her jacket and laid it in the box with her other supply. A Pokeball tumbled out of her pocket and rolled into a patch of ground that looked different.

"Shoot!" Flo cursed lightly under her breathe and reached for the Pokeball. She noticed that the Pokeball was sinking! Backing up quickly she looked at the surroundings and saw a large stick near some stones. The stones weren't as light as they seemed Flo noted as she swung one towards the Pokeball. It landed and flung sand everywhere, "Quicksand!" Oh great... Flo thought to herself she had to get that Pokeball out now!

She could use the other Pokeball and release whatever was inside but that would take too much time. Flo grabbed the stick but stopped maybe she should see what was in the other Pokeball. Her mind went back and fourth as she couldn't decide which method to use. "Arch my hand back, good Flo good!" The stick flew straight at the center of the Pokeball as it hit directly on target, the button. She was shocked how did she know how to do that? Maybe her memory would come back slow at first but then all at once. Flo sighed as she did a burst of light came out and blinded her from seeing for a few seconds. Once she regained her sight Flo noticed a Pokemon standing on the quicksand, "Hurry! Come on!" The Pokemon disappeared as it had went straight down into the sand, "Great! I rescue my Pokemon from quicksand and it prefers to stay there!"

Flo sank to the ground she was going to lose this tv show! She knew there could be a $10,000 cash prize at the end had her Pokemon decided to stay with her. The quicksand began to move and up came her Pokemon, "Trapinch! Trap. Trap." Flo was surprised it decided to came afterall? This thing was weird that's for sure. She put her hand out to greet it but snatched it away as she saw it greedily open up its jaws.

"Well, Trapinch I'm Flo your master err Trainer! I need you to tell rather warn me when there's quicksand. I've read about your species that stuff is like your home right?" That's the only thing she knew her name and some facts about a Trapinch. The past was a blur Flo recalled that she had attended an academy which is how she knew this information other than that it all seemed rather blurry. She gave the Pokemon a once over it had a roundish body and a big head seemed to be an insect type Pokemon when it was actually Ground typed! Flo smiled to herself all those years at the Academy would pay off even if she didn't remember attending it.

"Trap." Was all her partner said.

"Okay, Trapinch since I sort of lost your Pokeball do you mind staying out with me?" In response the large-headed Pokemon spit out a spherical object covered in goo and a bit of sand. Flo smiled, "This is what took you so long!" She picked it up between her index and thumb and threw it in the box on top of the dirty sweater she owned. Trapinch obeyed Flo's commands by beginning to walk around, "Let's find a giant tree!"

Flo ears were engulfed with the sound of her surroundings she could heard a river flowing, cries of Pokemon(?), and movement in the bushes behind her. Trapinch had stopped abruptly and Flo tripped over it as she was in a haste to get away from whatever was out there. Her head hit into the base of a tree, "Nice work!" Flo mumbled as she rubbed her head and looked up at the tree there were a group of branches that at first went straight but swooped down into a nice half-crescent before straighting out again. They would sleep there for the night, "Retrieve some leaves!" Flo demanded she loved feeling like she was in charge and for once someone was doing all of her commands. The only problem was getting up in said tree which was definitely going to be a problem. She considered she had a box with important materials and she needed to climb a tree. Trapinch came back with a mouth full of leaves Flo looked and noted that was a lot of leaves...

"You brought me the whole bush!!" Flo exclaimed as she saw the roots dragging behind Trapinch. Trapinch just stared at her he had obeyed her at least, "'Its big jaws crunch through boulders. Because its head is so big, it has a hard time getting back upright if it tips over onto its back.'" Flo recited out of nowhere she looked very surprised. Now, she would need a way to get to the "bed" like a ladder to climb up and down on. Flo took her time to think out what would work best, "Using another tree to prop against this one and climb up it."

Her eyes surveyed the land there definitely was enough trees but they all had big trunks and Trapinch couldn't cut through those ones. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a group of smaller based trees which would be perfect, "Let's go chop those ones down using Crunch!" As they approach the location which was about ten feet from their original spot Trapinch just stood still.

"Use Crunch!" Flo said frustrated as Trapinch just stood there. She got down to his level and looked him in the eyes, "Helloooo! Crunch!" Flo waved her hand in front of its jaws which she soon found out was a big mistake. Trapinch tried to take a huge bite out of her hand! "Bite?" Trapinch walked slowly towards the tree turned its neck sideways and bit through the tree's trunk and dragged it back to their rest stop. Flo sighed as she picked up the box and went after him, "I'm going to have to throw the box up there first. Tear off several of those big leaves from the bush and climb up there. Sorry Trapinch but you have to go in your Pokeball if I'm going to succeed in this." She slowly picked up his disgusting Pokeball and returned her Pokemon into his temporary home.

The planned worked with a few kinks. The box had tipped over once it was thrown through the air and into the branch area. Luckily all the stuff had been underneath the jacket therefore nothing dropped to the ground. Flo dug a hole to put the tree in so that it wouldn't fall over. She slowly but surely made her one onto the branch with a good amount of leaves in her mouth and tucked in the front of her dress. The only problem was her flip-flops they weren't made for climbing at all. One fell off on her journey up the tree, "I'll get that tomorrow." She muttered through a mouth full of leaves and began to make her bed for the night. She looked over her vast surrounding it didn't look like it was anywhere close to becoming dark. She watched shadows move through the area and she knew that there would be trouble...

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • SoIHerdYouLikedCharacterSheets.

SU Sheet:

Name: Cyril Mortimer

Appearance: Cyril seems to have some traces of more northerly heritage in his blood (or of a fairly pale-skinned clime, in any case), as his appearance can testify. His hair is a shade of very pale gold, almost silvery in appearance, left at a medium length (though this is all relative, and his hair can perhaps be regarded as long among other males). His mostly untrimmed hair is usually well-brushed and left in a deliberate mess. His eyes are a typical dark brown, similar to the eye color about half of the world. He stands at 5' 10", and weighs approximately 140 pounds, somewhere in the middle for how much a male of his height should weigh.

Cyril prefers formal attire at all times, as he believes it to be fit for almost any occasion where he does not have to exert himself very much. This consists of a white, long-sleeved shirt, a brown vest of polyester and wool - wool being the main component, of course - and a pair of light grey cotton trousers. Finishing up his clothing he wears a pair of leather shoes and a gray, checkered tie. Finally, for ornamentation and utility purposes, Cyril wears a belt with a rectangular buckle, a pair of amber-framed glasses lined with sterling, and a waterproof, stainless-steel watch with Roman numerals.

(Just in case you wanted a picture, it's linked, but it shouldn't be necessary.)

History: Cyril grew up in a large metropolis; he was born in Celadon City in Kanto. His father was a chemistry professor at the Celadon University, and his mother a private teacher of music. He began to learn the violin from his mother at four years of age, and though he was not particularly talented, he achieved a very competent skill level some ten to eleven years later, and after graduating from high school with above-average marks - his intellect was not sub-par or anything, after all, even though he was lazy - he decided to go to an university in Unova. His father objected to this, and stated something about universities in Kanto (especially the one he taught at) being better than the institutions present in Unova, but finally allowed Cyril to leave for the region with some reluctance.

The years of university passed by without much eventfulness; Cyril picked up fencing at some point during his first undergraduate year, and gained some skill with it through tutelage. He graduated with a master's degree in business administration as well as one in chemistry. However, only a few months into his work term as an employee of the Battle Company, the prestigious developer of various types of battle items, a ... momentous event occurred, and he lost all recollection of it.

Personality: Cyril's crisp appearance (not including his hair) belies his personality. One would expect from what he is wearing that he would be a hard worker; it is quite the opposite. If he can find someone else to do his work, he will usually try to get said scapegoat to do so. Furthermore, he puts off as much work as possible as often as possible. Still, just because he is lazy does not mean he is irresponsible, and before he "asks" someone else to do his work - a combination of carefully manipulated jabs and flawless conversation, really - he makes sure of that person's ability, and if that person is not up to the task, he will do it himself instead. He has a mind for some strategy, which was picked up during his brief tenure at the Battle Company out of necessity in order to test the goods the company manufactured. He has an interesting weakness for beautiful women, and a policy for not harming them in general.

(Please note: there is a reason for the very last statement, but it is not explicitly stated in the background. You can probably infer what kind of thing happened though!)

Despite most of the above, Cyril is not necessarily a terrible individual. He is sometimes genuinely nice and almost always civil towards others, and prefers to calmly make conversation instead of engaging in any sort of rash behaviour. He is a remarkably studious and erudite person, well-versed in Latin and Ancient Greek (... their equivalents in the Pokemon world?), even if he is a little abstruse and esoteric and times; he is also usually quite willing to share what knowledge he has with others.

RP Sample:

Last RP post I wrote! That was like 2 months ago but... eh. : x

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    The watch on Cal's wrist released a hiss of static, before the Voice came through, slightly tinny.

"Ah... I see you have met one of my... projects I'm surprised you managed to tamed it... I suggest that you dispose of it before it snaps. Anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about. I have a bit of a challenge for you. The Aipom and Ambipom that live up in the canopy have begun to breed at an alarming rate. I need you to do a little.... Population Control. Just climb up there and take care of a few Alpha males. After that the problem should take care of itself. I assure you, you'll receive a reward upon completion of this task. If you do accept it, I must warn you that the 'Poms are more... feral here. You might want to bring some protection."

He looked out at the snake on his tree. He agreed, maybe it was best if he left. But, it seemed so tame. He would decide when he went to go check on his trap. Perfect, there were three nice Carvanha. He refilled the trap and lowered it back into the water. Now, he had to decide. Take the chance of dying, or continue in the competition? Simple yet dastardly impossible. Where would it go? It was weak it could be killed. He headed back to the tree and began to climb. Once he reached the top he realized that the snake was nowhere to be seen. He had't encountered it climbing up. Sadly, he hoped that it hadn't heard the watch. He looked on its design. If you were to pull at it, it would tighten your skin. He could tell by the small design inside the watch, and quite possibly, some experiments last night. Ambipoms, huh? They seemed nice enough back home, but nevertheless, he needed protection. The leaves would be okay. He wrapped five thick ones around his right and left arms. Following suit, he did the same for his legs. Then, he set out to find those Poms.

Weapons. Poms were fast, so stakes wouldn't do. So what then? He decided some mud, but that wasn't all. It had a special blend inside, some of the Carnivines were nice enough to give him some of their fangs. Although, he know knew what the inside of their mouths was like, he would never do that again. Canopies. It would have to be quite large, as they live together. He found himself at the bottom of the largest, central tree of this rain forest. He began to climb but slid down. They had taken precautions. Sp had he. He punched each stake in, the tree spilling sweet sap as he continued. Then the quick flash and he realized what had happened. There was a hole in the middle of the tree with a moving black dot. An eye. He had been spotted and the first wave of Aipoms slid down to meet him. Their bites stung. What savage beasts! Two stakes took down two of them, but it was increasingly difficult to stop climbing and fight at the altitude. With his feet he managed to kick two more down. The others growled and ran back up the tree. They were waiting for him to climb up.

He wouldn't give them the satisfaction of finding him. He lowered himself from the tree and found another tree quite close to it. It was slimmer but it was still climbable. There was no need to use stakes on this one. Once he reached the middle, he could see the Aipoms waiting for him. But, when they realized he wasn't coming they abandoned their task. Honestly, Cal didn't want to kill the Poms, but, he had to get ahead in this competition. Ha, competition. He hadn't even seen any other human. He reached the the top of the tree and jumped into the foliage of the other tree. Then, he sneaked into the middle of the canopy. There they were. They were huge...and they were staring right at him.

The screaming started maybe 4.5 seconds after they spotted. The running maybe 1 second after that. He spilled off some of the mud. Some got stuck and fell over, dead due to the spikes in the mud. Others jumped over it and continued. Overall, he saw 10 Alpha Males, Two dead. They fought dirty, throwing rocks and biting. He climbed up a rod and threw down some mud in one of their eyes. Then he saw something. A shining red object. A Jolly Rancher. He looked over and saw one of the Ambipoms attack it as another fought him for it. The sweet taste of fruit. Both chomping on each other and fell down. He reached in his pocket. That was the only one he had brought. He climbed to the top of the pole and jumped off, picking up the jolly rancher, and getting smacked into by another Aipom. They were angry. He made a quick turn at the edge, one Aipom fell off the edge but grabbed on to the tree with its tail. He used his slingshot and managed to break the Jolly Rancher in half. Looking over the crowd, there were maybe six giant apes left. They looked at him and he launched the first Jolly Rancher into a group of four. Three of them killed each other for it, while the fourth picked it up and enjoyed it. The other three were the biggest. They managed to knock him out of the tree and onto the ground. Then, with its tail, one of them managed t punch him square in the jaw. He tried to escape but he couldn't. He shot one last Jolly Rancher, knowing he would die.

But, the other two started fighting over it. Startled by the commotion, the largest Ambipom pushed them off the edge and enjoyed the snack. Where was the other Aipom? The one that had eaten the Jolly Rancher? He looked over to find it foaming from the mouth. How ironic. He watched the Ambipom in the center fall over dead. That should do the trick. Jolly Ranchers save the day once again. From his peripheral vision, he saw the tree rustle and swore he could see the snake.

He was about to climb down when he saw something strange. A mask? He took it and sprinted back to camp. Once there, he began to examine the mask. It was so finely made. So perfect. The creases were amazing, the eye holes just that of a...human? That was it. A human must have made it. He put it over his own face and when he pulled it away, he felt something. Something itchy. It was hair. He jumped and choked at the sight of something so disgusting. It wasn't his hair. He looked at the watch.

"I'm done with that task. If you, whoever you are, can hear me, answer me this. Were there other humans here before me?"

King!

better
    Years
  • "Number Thirteen. Wake up."

Dexter slowly sat up, holding his hands to his head. He had no idea where the voice had come from, and that was probably the least of his worries. He had absolutely no idea where he was – or even who he was. All he could feel was the pounding in his head, and that voice, over and over. Number Thirteen. Wake up. Wake up. Wake…

Suddenly, it spoke again, with a much different tone than from before. "Wonderful! Now I have some things to explain to you before we continue. You are about to be thrown into a challenge known as The Game." The Game? So he was just in a game; that was all. A 'challenge'. Nothing too bad, right?

"It is a demented, twisted game that is being ruled by a vicious man. The players enter the game drugged, and are forced out into a simulated wild, having to survive on their own. Unfortunately, it's not that simple. There can only be one survivor. He intends to kill the rest." Wrong. Whoever this man was, he was trouble. He was going to…kill them? Whoever 'they'were. Dexter couldn't focus, his head still pounding. A few words popped out at him. Twisted game. Drugged. Survive. One survivor. Kill.

"I understand that you're confused, and probably don't understand what's going on, but it's necessary. We erased your memory and entered you in the game. You have to survive, and bring down the master of this game. Don't listen to the players, don't trust anyone. Find the secrets that lie behind the veil. Win number thirteen, and we shall give you your life back. Lose and well…" Dexter shuddered. But who was the master? How did he find the secrets? And…what had his 'life' been like? There must've been something, if this voice was offering it back.

He pulled his knees up close, putting himself in a ball. A flash of color on his wrist caught his eye, and he slowly pulled it up in front of his face so he could see what it was. A thick red line was wrapped around it, clinging tightly to his damp skin. A mix of letters were written across the band, but he didn't bother to figure them out yet. Instead, he listened as the voice spoke again.
    "If you look in the cabinet in front of you, you should find all of the supplies you'll need. None of the others are as properly stocked as you," it suggested, pausing. Dex looked up – but instead of finding a cabinet, his head started to spin. Immediately, he drew it back down to his knees. Was he…moving? Or was it some trick of the room?

"A small screen lies on the inside of the cabinet door. If you look at it, it will give you detailed information on the four starting points, and the other contestants' profiles. Once you pick your area, you shall be jettisoned to it. Good luck. We don't have a plan B. Also… you have to be the last one alive to win, so it's best if you take the others out." With that, the voice buzzed off, silent. Dexter blinked, slowly raising his head. It was sort of beginning to make sense now, and his head was feeling a bit better. He was in a tiny room, with barely enough room to move. In front of him was a single cabinet door.

Not trusting his feet, he awkwardly tried to move around onto all fours. His wide shoulders brushed against the walls as he turned into a crawling position. From there, his face was already basically touching the cabinet. He reached a shaky hand up onto the door handle, and pulled himself up against the wall. His legs felt like jelly, and the room seemed to spin even faster as he stood. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, before pulling the cabinet door open. His eyes widened a bit as he saw what was inside.

In front of him, on a shelf set about midway between the ceiling and the floor, were several items. The first thing he noticed was a neat stack of a few dehydrated meals. Dexter's stomach grumbled, to his surprise. He hadn't even thought about food until now, and he was starving. Leaning against the meals were a couple of water bottles. And next to the water – some kind of gun. He had never used anything like it before, and he wasn't even sure how. He left it (and the two weird objects sitting by it) alone. Finally, there was another neat pile of clothes that looked to be about his size. Resting atop the clothing were six gleaming spheres – pokeballs. He reached for one, and pulled it from the group. All at once, the rest of them rolled down onto the ground, the thing that had been holding them in place moved.

Dexter cringed as the pokeballs broke open in one big flash. When the red light had vanished, something else stood in its place: two Pokemon that looked very similar. Both of them shared the same, tiny, mouse-like features. Long ears, stubby arms and legs, and sparkling cheeks. One of them, however, had some blue on it, while the other was red. There were a few other differences, but they weren't anything he would be able to tell them apart by. And if they were his now, he'd need to be able to do that.

The red one seemed to be unhappy, its tiny arms crossed and its little nose in the air, eyes closed. The blue one just stared at him with interest. Its eyes were wide and its nose was twitching. Dexter stared at the pair of them for a moment, before deciding he should probably get on with this 'Game'.

Bending down, he scooped up the six pokeballs, returning the mice to two of them. He was returning the balls to their place atop the clothing, when a pain jolted through his hand. Quickly, he pulled it up to look at. A thin red line was visible on his palm. He glanced back down at the clothes, and was surprised to find two more items on the pile.

First, a hatchet. It was pointing in a funny angle and was obviously the thing that had cut him. The other item was a funny-looking watch. The hands on the face of it were frozen, so it must've been broken somehow. Dexter shrugged, and tried to fit it on his wrist anyways. It barely fit – and even when he had finally gotten it on, it seemed to clamp down harder. Well, he definitely wasn't taking it off anytime soon.

Finally, he turned to the screen inside of the cabinet door. On it shone twelve faces, a mix of boys and girls, all different. One of them was an attractive girl with scary-ish grey eyes, and another showed a girl with bright hair and bright skin. A third picture was of a boy with ANOTHER pair of creepy eyes and a scar running down his left cheek. Dexter wasn't exactly sure how the screen worked, so he tapped on the picture of the scar-boy. Immediately, the screen changed. Taking the place of the twelve images was one tall (well, not really, since the boy appeared to be a midget) full-body picture on the left, with a bunch of information on the right.

'Name: Logan Zephrulos

Height: 3'8"

Eye Color: Green'

The list continued, until finally, at the bottom, it said: Area: Taiga Forest, Snowy, Cold. Next to the location, in tiny letters, it said Visit? Dexter wasn't sure how to get back to the previous screen, so he tapped the tiny letters. The screen changed once more, and now showed a picture of a beautiful forest. Underneath were the words YES or NO? It was definitely snowy here, which he was used to. And the midget probably wouldn't prove to be much competition. With a shaky hand, he reached up and pressed YES.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
  • Her teeth clenched in anger, the girl struggling to move her body in the slightest twitch. Questions were storming through her mind, only to spread and burn like wildfire. One minute she was outside, the next here, wherever that was. Had someone attacked her while she wasn't looking? Impossible, although that was the best guess in an odd situation like this. Silently, she was freaking out, ready to scream out in panic only to find she couldn't move her lips either. Instead, a low, masculine voice chimed in through the dark, insisting to Hannah her sudden paralysis was only temporary. The girl's frustration only seemed to grow as the anonymous voice pierced her ears.

Continuing on, the echoing voice told of 11 other 'contestants', all fighting for the thing she was now fighting for; their lives. This had to be a dream. One huge, sickening dream. It was too bad she knew it was real, since she wasn't waking up. The sentences spoken by the unknown man also told of the possibility of alliances. An ally would be helpful, then again, trusting people in a fight for your life could end up bloody, and she really didn't want to be stabbed in the back.

Her nerves suddenly sprung into action, light sparking into the room around her. Hannah couldn't help but first examine herself, swaying her arms around and tapping each leg on the ground to see if everything was intact. The girl was as energetic and strong as ever. Eyes lifting from her body, she checked for speakers of any sort, not locating a single one. Instead, she scanned the room with her large eyes, as it was unique and circular. Its size wasn't of adequate length, although there was a cut-out circle in the center, just below her feet. That's when the question struck her- had other children once be held captive in this same area? Were they possibly dead? Thinking about the possibility chilled her spine, goosebumps forming on her arms and legs.

Apparently, a pedestal was suppose to rise out from the cut-out hole with the supplies she'd need to live along with her new 'best friends'. "What a joke," she growled to herself, finding the situation ridiculous. Friends in a box? Pokemon, possibly? Anything would have to do.

Hannah's attention was quickly caught by the stern, serious tone of the bellowing voice, the source of the noise still unknown. "I'm not going to lie. This challenge will push you farther than anything else ever has. You might lose who you are as a person along the way. Your humanity will be tested to the fullest extent. I wish you luck," it spoke through the unknown speakers, the girl's anger dying out for a mere second as she was worried for her safety. Her physical strength was normally hard to match, however her overall knowledge on survival was little to nothing. Trying to survive a whole day would be enough to drive her insane.

A cut of the hidden speakers snatched the girl out of her petty thoughts once more, a more gentle, feminine voice speaking in replacement for the older frequencies. The woman quickly spoke of the beginning of the 'Game' Hannah was in, with a review of what had already been explained. By the count of 3, a hissing sound startled her slightly, the pedestal arising from the ground with a box. She was hesitant to continue on, not daring to take another inch near the pedestal.

"Contestant #3, please proceed."

The voice echoed through the un-natural room, Hannah's eyes locked in an angered position, narrowed and sharp. The refusal to leave was getting her nowhere. Snatching up the little supplies she had inside the box, the girl looked behind the wall which was opening, feeling prepared for anything. What came through stung her senses. A putrid stench immediately flowed in, a truly terrifying world on the other side. All the plant life appeared either dead or distorted, the smell of decay and rot piercing her nostrils. An expression of pure disgust was written all over the girl's face as she walked through the ominous door. Such a game had to be treacherous, pinning innocent children against each other in an unintended fight for their lives. Hannah would have preferred being locked away at home.

Studying the atmosphere closer, it resembled much of a swamp, dead trees hovering over her head though there weren't many of them. It was also dark, only slight pinches of light visible from the above sky, which was impossible to get more than a glimpse at. It was a much more alien world than her own. Feeling the ground beneath her, Hannah checked for a dry spot, finding one and sitting in a cross-legged position. She set down everything in front of her, including a gas mask which she pulled from under her arm.

It had to be one of her most valuable possessions in her current environment, the mask. Although putting it on would be odd, survival was much more important than fashion in Hannah's eyes. The next thing that caught her attention was the steak knife, which was large and truly frightening to pick up and hold. She couldn't help running her small finger on the side, with it being both incredibly sharp and smooth. It gave off a dark feeling, the word "murderer" screaming out from the weapon. The idea of actually killing someone shook her senses, especially with a steak knife. Horror movie, much?

Placing the knife down gently, the girl pointed the weapon away from her before picking up the two pokeballs she now had. A smile was eagerly forming over her grim expressions, Hannah pressing into the two circles and opening each at the same time. A bright flash of light illuminated from the left, the other non-reacting. She set it down before focusing on the radiant light, which quickly shaped into that of a bat.

"Zuuuuuu," it shrieked out, the pokemon's loud voice screeching out through the swamp and Hannah's ears. Its wings were flapping rapidly, its altitude set at face to face level with the girl. The Zubat had no eyes, its large fangs sharp inside its large mouth, which covered most of its face. The creature wasn't much of what she was expecting, but she assumed he'd be useful if trained to obey. "Come over here, please," she asked nicely, the creature taking a few seconds to comprehend and follow the small order. It quickly perched on her shoulder, folding with the tops of the wings clinging on the girl's tiny shoulder.

The rest of her items were small things, like sunflower seeds and a broken watch which shined with false gold. Picking up the watch, both hands were broken, although its unique appearance and brilliant shine caught Hannah's curiosity. Slipping the watch through her small hand, it was slightly loose around her wrist. She merely frowned. It was then the instrument suddenly tightened itself without warning, slightly squeezing her fragile skin. Her first reaction was to take it off slowly. Trying, her eyes widened as it only got tighter, the pressure sending a stinging pain through her arm, which was turning red around her wrist. The girl stopped touching it, knowing her efforts to take it off would all be in vain. "At least it looks nice..."

Grabbing her gas mask, she adjusted it to fit her large face, her breathe quickly turning warm. The gases successfully cleared out of her system, relief pouring in to know that she couldn't be poisoned. Her Zubat friend didn't seem to mind the abnormal swamp air, or the fact Hannah had put on the mask in the first place. The girl would have smiled if she wasn't so shaken up by the danger that was awaiting her.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    A screech nearby instantly woke Flo up from her sleep. She shot up immediately, where in the world was she?! Slowly her memory or what she had came back to her and she let out a sigh. Her hand was squeezed around a sphere, "Trapinch, let's go!" The bug-like Pokemon came out of it's home when Flo pressed the button it landed on her lap. She smiled and was careful to keep her body parts away from its mouth. She didn't know how she could tell the gender of Trapinch she had a feeling that it was female or male. Right now that wasn't really important to her.

Her stomach growled at her Flo looked at her bag that was full of beef jerky and was almost tempted to eat the whole thing. She rose up, "Trapinch, we have to see who our other partner is." Trapinch nodded as it jumped off her lap onto a branch and looked down at the ground. There was movement stalking the base of the tree. Flo was unaware of what was below her and begin to climb down with the baggie of beef jerky, "Trapinch, come on you got to protect me!" Flo laughed because she didn't really think she needed protection. With the command Trapinch launched itself at the stalker with its fierce jaws wide open. As Flo got to the ground there was definitely a sight to behold.

A Zangoose with a Trapinch on it's ear! "Trapinch! Bite!" Flo screamed at Trapinch it was amazing how she decided on what to do. Trapinch bit down so hard that its mouth filled with the Zangoose's blood. Last night, Flo remembered she had put the scissors (and the weird watch) in the beef jerky bag to cut it up easier. She scrambled for the bag she dropped tore it open and dived in for the scissors. The Zangoose raised its claws and slammed it in Trapinch's backside. Fortunately this didn't slow it down one bit it went in for the kill by aiming its jaws at its opponent's throat. Flo grabbed the scissors in both hands and ran into the bushes. While Trapinch gripped Zangoose's throat Flo came from behind and plunged the scissors into its head. Instantly the Zangoose crumpled to the floor as well as Flo blood smeared along her hands and on her arms. Trapinch was still biting down on Zangoose's neck even though it was long gone.

"Trapinch, it's over," Flo managed to get out as she was still in shock from what just happened. The scent of blood might draw others out of hiding Flo needed to think of what to do. She saw the Zangoose's claws and thought they might come in handy. "Trapinch bite those off," Trapinch let go of its throat and clamped off the four claws. She sighed this definitely wasn't any reality tv show she had ever seen. These Pokemon actually wanted them dead where was that weird voice?

Flo got up from the disgusting floor and went to the river to wash off her hands since they were all bloody. Shapes formed around her hands of course the waters were infested with carnivorous animals! Trapinch was guarding the body of Zangoose, "Go!" Flo yelled as she threw the other Pokeball she was scared what was going to come out. A small, blue seahorse popped out of the ball and immediately dived in the water. "A Horsea! Great!" Flo smiled that's just what she needed to water to fight water. Horsea surveyed the water and was deathly afraid, "Horsea! Sea! Seaaaaaa!" Flo noticed how scared the Horsea was it just froze as the Sharpedos surrounded it. There was no way Trapinch could get in that water without getting hurt.

"Return!" She held out the Pokeball to return but suddenly Horsea decided it didn't want to stay still and swam away as fast as it could. The beam to return it missed its target and Flo stomped her feet. Her Horsea was as good as dead. An idea popped in her head she ran all the way back to where Trapinch was, "Bite me off a limb!" Trapinch looked confused but did what he was told, "Now stay safe!" Flo ran off towards the river again searching for Horsea. She spotted it in the center of three Sharpedos, "Hey! Leave Horsea alone!" With that Flo dove into the water which was definitely risky business. She swam out and quickly got surrounded by the same three Sharpedos with Horsea beside her. Flo kicked the first one in the face and grabbed Horsea, "Here's a treat only one of you can have it!" The Zangoose limb flung across the river and the Sharpedos reluctantly swam after it. Flo made her get away with Horsea before they got to shore Flo returned the easily scared Horsea to its Pokeball.

Making her way back to base Flo flopped down onto her bed made out of branches and leaves. She was soaking wet and needed a way of drying off but couldn't think of one. "Well, someone is off to a good start aren't they? You've already found yourself up in an elevated area! verry niice. This watch is your lifeline by the way. It's the only way I can contact you. Now. I believe there is a contestant nearby, I want you to watch your back, as he may be unpredictable. I also offer you a challenge. Gain his trust, find his base, and take his resources. If you do, you shall be rewarded. Good luck." The voice startled Flo but she listened intently before she decided what to do next. She picked up the watch she didn't want to put it on what if it wasn't waterproof?

"Looks like I have to find this other contestant!" Flo muttered and climbed down from her "home". Trapinch appeared out of no where and stared at Flo waiting for his command. She just picked him up because she needed someone close by. Still dripping wet she went in search at least she knew the other contestant was a guy that helped a bit. After about twenty minutes Flo stumbled upon a figure she quickly hid behind a tree. Aipoms were running around killing each other and a guy conducting the actions of them. She didn't get a good view because she wanted to stay hidden. Trapinch watched the scene too and seemed to want to get in on the action. Causing Flo to step on a large branch causing it to crack, "Ohgod!" She just possibly gave away her position to the other contestant. Here she was in a soaking wet dress her hair clung to her shoulders with a Trapinch in her hands. Blood stained the bottom edges of her dress which didn't match the lavender color.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • "But you're gonna starve," Napoleon said, nudging the Cacturne's deceased and gory body. Ceto merely blinked at it. What good is a Cacturne, anyway? A low growl suddenly scared Ceto, but then she realized in embarrassment that it was her stomach. Guess I'll have to try it… Ceto stood up and approached Napoleon and the Cacturne. She grabbed it by the back of the neck and flipped it over. Juices from its brain poured out onto the hot sand, causing steam to rise up.

Ceto stuffed her hand in her pocket and retrieved the army knife. She flipped the blade out of the bright red handle and began cutting the Cacturne's arm. The head was readily available for consumption, but to be completely honest, it was disgusting as hell. Napoleon's ears twitched in response to something that sounded like burrowing. Ceto looked up from her task.

"What?" Her voice had notable frustration. "I hear something in the sand," Napoleon replied. All at once, three Cacturne burst up from the ground with menacing faces.

"Spoink! Spoink!" Napoleon exclaimed, quickly bouncing so that he was next to Ceto. The Cacturne looked at their fallen family member and then glared at the human standing before them. "Cacturne! Cacturne!"

"Hey, not my fault! Your friend there attacked me first! And I thought you were nocturnal!" Ceto shouted quickly, trying not to let her guard down. All at once, the Cacturne charged, presumably using Revenge. Hahaha, very funny. Ceto dropped her knife in reaction, which admittedly, wasn't a very good reaction. Napoleon leapt in front of Ceto and took every hit himself. But why? They only just met a couple of hours ago, and he was defending Ceto as if they had known each other for a long time.

Napoleon hit the ground but immediately returned upright, since fighting type attacks were easy for the psychic pig to resist. Ceto didn't bother commanding him to fight back, because she knew darn well that none of his attacks would do **** to a dark type. Unless he had another type of attack, but they didn't exactly have all the time in the world to talk it through. Ceto grabbed Napoleon and ran straight for the Camerupt.

"Catch us if you can!" Ceto taunted, knowing that Cacturne definitely weren't capable of moving quickly during the daytime. She jumped onto the same Camerupt as before - assuming he hadn't moved from his spot since about ten minutes ago - and lightly kicked his side. Napoleon bounced onto Camerupt's head to allow his heart to continue beating. The Camerupt growled loudly and charged back to where they came, right into the Cacturne. The three were mercilessly trampled by the big orange beast, but Ceto didn't feel quite happy. But wait, something else was wrong. The big monster wasn't stopping! He snorted smoke out of his nostrils and ran through the trees crazily.

"Whoa, stop!" Ceto exclaimed, but this only seemed to enrage Camerupt even more. He reared in anger, causing Napoleon to roll down his back and hit against the volcano-like body part. Ceto held on to the volcano to avoid falling off and getting hurt, but she felt it getting very hot. It was about to erupt! Camerupt continued the rampage, swerving through the trees. This couldn't be the same Camerupt from before. No way.

"S-Stoooop!" Ceto yelled angrily. The volcano got immensely hot to the point where Ceto just couldn't hold onto it longer. She fell off the Camerupt as it ran toward the herd. Napoleon leapt off its back with ease. Luckily, Camerupt isn't all that tall, and the ground is soft and sandy. Ceto sat up in a slight daze, but she wasn't injured. She could see magma erupting from the middle of all the Camerupt, but it's not like it was enough to make it back over here. Ceto turned to see the three trampled Cacturne, and the other one whose head she had unintentionally smashed earlier. She walked over to the heaps of flesh and stared down at them silently.

"Uh?" She looked up and turned to Napoleon, who by now was panting heavily. Only then did Ceto realize she was drenched in sweat. Returning her gaze to the Cacturne, she picked up the knife from where she dropped it earlier, and cut into the hat-like structure on one of the Cacturne's heads. After completely separating it, she held it over Napoleon's own head and smiled falsely - because she was completely sick from killing these poor Pokémon. "Care for a new sunhat?" A single drop of blood escaped the dismembered hat and landed on Napoleon's forehead. Of course he wanted it, who wouldn't?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Penelope woke up to a loud beep. With a yawn, she groggily opened her eyes. The room awfully dark and her back screamed pain like a banshee. But, now was not the time to be dilly-dallying. Now was the time to continue her research on the differences of Poison-types that were attracted to cities and their pollution to those that weren't. Maybe, just maybe, her thesis paper on this would impress those stingy bastards at Oak Institute to finally publishing her; only then could she show her mother that her independent research wasn't a waste of time or an "escape" from the real world. Penelope got up, cracked her neck, and started to walk to her bookcase through the murky fog that rest upon her cornea.

Who knows? This new paper could be able to score her an internship at Oak Industries in addition of going to college. Even though they were, of course, stingy bastards as previously mentioned, they had to be! They were the most respectable scientific institute in all of-

Penelope felt a weird moist feeling on her outstretched hand that was looking for a book to pull out. She withdrew it slightly, squinting at her bookcase to make out what the dampness was from. All that could be made out was brown. Of course, most of her books were brown, so this did not surprise her. This grog was awful and was starting to fluster Penelope. Wondering if she just got up too early to be fully rested, she moved her sleeve of her nightgown to view her watch. It was off-looking too, displaying green glimmers of light. Penelope sighed in frustration and put her arm down. Something wet got to her books and now she was too tired to even read her watch!

Penelope made her way to her personal vanity to wash out her eyes, because then maybe all this craziness could have light shed upon it. Now.... where was she before she lost her train of thought? Oh. Right. Well although an internship at Oak Institutes does sound nice, could she handle college and that combined? An internship there would be pretty demanding, and that mixed in with course work could be challenging to handle. Not that she couldn't do it, it's just that seems a bit stress-inducing. Maybe she could get to college and look for an internship afterwards? But she'd need to move out by then.... sigh. How would she get enough money from a part-time job to steadily hold down an apartment while she worked? Roommates would help. But, like she wanted roommates. Honestly, Penelope wasn't the most sociable person in the world. And what if one had a Mightyena for a pet? She wouldn't want to be rude and say they couldn't-

More moist. What is this? Penelope rubbed her hands together to see if the problem was with her. Odd.... they felt dry. She looked at her vanity door, fog slowly dissipating from her eyes. It was brown, like it should've been, but it looked exactly like her bookcase did. Penelope quickly looked around and examined her surroundings as best she could. All she saw was brown that got darker the further into the room she saw. Was she in the wooden-walled den? But, why would she be there? Did she get moved there? Sleep-walking, perhaps?

Only one wall of the room was bright, so one could only assume that something really bright was coming from the door in the middle. Weirder, but maybe it contained what she was looking for? Penelope made her ways towards it. She went into the middle of the very strange bright wall, believing that's where the door was located.

"Dad? Mom? You guys out there?" she asked. The sound echoed loudly, which took Penelope off guard. A short but firm bark came from her left side. The girl quickly turned her body to see what it came from; she didn't own a dog Pokemon! Her eyes finally clearing all the way, and she spotted a tiny Electrike as the barking culprit. It was sternly looking at her, very interested in why she was risking giving away their position.

Penelope shifted her view back onto the bright wall, which she realized was a large cave entrance. Curious but frightened, she stepped into it. A cold, unforgiving sensation engulfed her feet. With a soft gasp she looked down at herself, only to see her hand-made Abamasnow coat. Hesitantly gazing back up, she took a second to fully observe the barren, icy land spread in all directions in front her, beckoning the girl to get lost in it and die. Never had her vision been so perfect.

Penelope jumped a bit when her watch beeped loudly again. She looked at it, remembering that this was the sound she mistook for her alarm clock before. In digital green letters where the frozen clock was supposed to reside, spelled out the message "A nearby player has been detected!" Penelope read the message aloud, only to be startled again when it suddenly had a spasm and the watch's front turned into a compass-like interface. There was a small but provoking red arrow that directed her to go into the forest. Penelope tried turning her arm to test it out and the arrow stubbornly stayed pointed in the same direction.

She rubbed her neck and gulped, letting out a small breath when she was done. All of yesterday's events returned to her memory, and anything before that defiantly remained secret and known only to her subconscious for the time being. What was it she was thinking about this morning? That should contain some information about her past....

Penelope's memory escaped her. Some wicked force helped her out of the ocean only to have the satisfaction of pushing her back in itself.

"Snover?" a cute voice said from behind. Penelope turned around to see a Snover looking at her curiously. Him and his mama should've headed out for breakfast now. The girl only smiled at him. It was going to be quite the challenge to evolve this guy quickly to be able to leave it alone and find the exit out of this wilderness. But, for now, it wouldn't hurt to relax a bit and try to find some breakfast. Penelope looked over at remnants of the Abamasnow Mother she cooked last night. Maybe this time something vegetarian?

----

Colonel and Major were cozily packed into their Pokeballs just so they wouldn't decide to randomly attack any passerby Pokemon in the name of "possible threat." The metal box was left in the cave so she wouldn't lose anything. Snover skipped happily in front of Penelope, just taking joy in its surroundings. The aforementioned girl was slowly pacing herself, folding her arms to keep herself warm. Her legs still shivered a bit despite the fur. She needed leggings of some sort, but screw the idea that she was going to kill again to make some. Penelope took a quick glimpse at the hatchet she strapped to her waist in case she had to chop down something.... or protect herself, but hopefully she wouldn't have to use it for that. That poor Abamasnow. It only wanted to protect its child. Why did Penelope have to get in the way?

"Poochy...." a voice nearby said, low and grumbled. Snover stopped at the sound and looked back to its mama. Was it her? She had been making a lot of weird noises lately. Penelope motioned for Snover to come back quickly, which it did without question. "Pooch, Poochy...." the voice said again, obviously growling at something. Or someone.

Penelope looked at her watch. The red arrow pointed in the direction of the noise itself, so maybe the other person was being attacked by something! Penelope froze into place, staring at her hacked watch. This could be a trap from the tormentor's voice. Maybe this person was only out to help themselves? What if this is nothing and she ends up being attacked again?

"Pooch! Poochyena!" cried the voice in anger. Penelope wanted to run away right now, Snover in arms. But she couldn't. This red arrow tormented her. Despite Penelope's less-than-stellar people skills, this new person could prove to be an asset. And her curiosity begged her. Penelope gave in and headed off to the direction reluctantly.

Soon, she approached a small slump that wanted to be a cliff so badly, but was frankly too small. It barely came off of the ground. Penelope, not wanting to make the same mistake as she did yesterday, laid on the ground in her camouflage and crawled up to the edge of the slump. She kept her hand on Snover's back so it would do the same.

The girl saw a circle of white and grey Poochyenas, snarling and barking at a Minccino. The Mincinno was the most noticeable; having a glorious and beautiful black coat of fur that was as dark as the nighttime sky. Mutation wasn't kind to this poor Minccino obviously, because although its fur would be able to absorb more light to keep it warm comparatively, white fur would still get the job done nicely and would hide you from predators. The little Pokemon stood out like a sore thumb! The tiny chinchilla held a shiny red apple, which had to be the rarest find in this wood. Looks like all its luck ran out when it was spotted by the "alpha" of this tiny group of pups.

The adult Mightyenas were probably off nearby to do something else when the puppies of the group ran off to chase this Minccino. The black creature was tearing up and whimpering, constantly shifting around to find an unobtainable exit in between the pups. If Penelope didn't see the tense faces of the Poochyenas, she might've guessed that the dogs were just mocking it now with their dominance. But no. They were dead serious, hungry, and ready to make what, to most of them, would be their first real kill.

Penelope couldn't help but feel highly sympathetic of the Minccino. The girl was afraid of those dogs, too, for some reason. Like she's had this happen before.

....Did this happen before?

The pup that was presumably the leader of this miniature troop barked loudly and swiped at the Minccino. The chinchilla creature cried in pain as the paw made a series of scarlet lines on its back, dropping its apple. The dogs resumed circling as if nothing happened. Penelope started to tear. This was unbearable to watch. How awful.... all the little guy wanted was food for the day. And what did it get? A slow, torturous death. This wasn't survival of the fittest or the food chain. This was cold-hearted and undeserved murder.

The Minccino screamed again when a different Poochyena swiped at its face, making more scars. It claws had clipped a portion of its right eye, and it now slowly bled. It was sobbing and yelping at the same time as its salty tears stung the lacerations. Penelope had to do something. Now. But.... why couldn't she move?

Grunts and smiles painted the faces of the pups now; they were enjoying this. They could do any harm they wanted to this pocket monster and get away with it. The "alpha" finally went in for the kill. It pounced and sunk its tiny teeth into the side of the Minccino. The Minccino's cry stabbed the heart of Penelope as she watched the horrific display. The Poochyena slammed the Minccino to the ground and placed its paw on it to hold as it tried to squirm away frantically. The pup had decided to take one of its large ears to eat, and immediately grabbed the top of the left ear. It pulled violently upwards with its head to rip off the ear. The Minccino's shrieks of pain made their way among the trees with a despairing echo.

Penelope found herself flying almost, having unconsciously jumped from the slump's top and equipping her hatchet facing backwards. When she landed, her arms swung for her and smacked the "alpha" right in the eyes with the back end of her hatchet. The pooch yelped in pain, completely unsuspecting that. The dog blinked and tried to understand what had just happened. With no hesitation, something in Penelope had made her swing again, smacking the pooch once more. The pup lost its grip on the Minccino and flew backwards, landing on its side with a pain-filled cry. The rest of the pack found themselves dumbstruck as Penelope picked up the Minccino and slumped it over her shoulder. Penelope wielded her hatchet with the blade in front now, ready to take on anyone else.

Then she started to shake and shiver. This was terrifying. What in the blimey was she doing?! How did she even get here?! What possibly made her jump in here and do this?! The pups were confused to the huge amount of fear they smelled from the mysterious creature even though it just beat up their leader. The "alpha" got up slowly and looked curiously for a moment at her. It was bigger than them, and it wanted that Minccino for some reason. But the "alpha" wasn't going to let some whatever take its meal! It barked angrily at the creature in protest. It crept slowly towards it, growling subtly. It may be bigger, but that doesn't mean it's stronger!

Penelope shook almost erratically when the pup decided to come at her. It was going to pounce and she was going to be dead. It leaped with great power, making it chest level with her.

Penelope opened her eyes to see her hatchet-holding arm outstretched and hear the constant yelping of a pup in pain. She turned to her right to find the 'alpha" in distraught, yelping from the unrelenting sting of having its left ear cut clean off. It teetered dizzily around before regaining its posture slightly and running off. The trail of blood was generous, and it was highly unlikely that pup would survive without serious, professional medical attention; it would bleed out before tomorrow. The rest of the pups bolted after the "alpha," afraid of the creature that made even their leader scurry away in fear.

Penelope held her position and stood like a statue. Had she.... had she really just done that? What came over her? Penelope cradled the Minccino in her arms and looked at it. It didn't seem like it was going to die from wounds, but it had fainted from all the pain. Snover finally decided to show up and took a stand next to his mama. He looked up at the black chinchilla she held in her arms. Was that breakfast?

Penelope, snapping back into her senses, needed to get of there now. The adult Mightyenas could come looking for revenge. She quite a bit far off from the cave.... Penelope looked at her watch and ran towards wherever the arrow said to go. Another person could be a big help if the dogs decided to chase her down.

She did hope that pup would be okay, despite all odds. It wasn't impossible for it to survive. Hey, crazier things have happened. Like every single moment Penelope has had since she lost her memory.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    The familiar hiss of static came from the watch, and The Voice began to speak.

"Nicely done contestant. I never doubted your ability. Ah....That is a touchy subject. The Game has been going on for years, you are just the most recent batch of players. I don't believe that mask came from a previous contestant however... Anyway, your reward will be waiting for you at your 'base' so to speak. Also,there is another contestant fairly close to your base. Just thought I'd let you know.

Balancing precariously on a branch is a golden box. Within are several items, each with a note.

Pen(1) - To write with obviously. It's not as if you can do ANYTHING ELSE with a pen.
    Bag of Jollyranchers(15) - Just in case you were running low
    Can of bugspray, Flammable(1) - You might need this.... I hear the mosquitoes here are HUGE
    Zippo Lighter(1) - I used to collect these...

Another contestant. How nice. But, they wouldn't be able to find him up here. It was impossible to the naked eye. He looked at the supplies laid out in front of him. Zippo Lighter? That would be helpful. Bugspray was nice. Jollyranchers were great. A pen? He looked at the note. There was so much more to do with a pen other than write. He thought of something else. How had these supplies gotten here. He looked throughout his base, but there was no sign of a forced entry. Impossible, yet it had happened. How...nice.

Cal found himself staring into the empty eyes of the mask. Had an Aipom done this? He followed the outline of the mask. The eyes and the nose. He held it up to his face and found it fit perfectly. Strange. Those Pokemon were so...human. He tossed the hair out of his face and looked at the pen. He found a good leaf and began to draw. He looked through the forest and sketched a map of what he saw. On the right he drew the stream and put a little fish next to it. In the center he labeled a tree "Aipom Nest". Then, to the bottom of the leaf, he placed a small house. For now, it was home.

He had collected his fish for the day and he and Nidoran had "feasted". All that was left on the right were the poison sacks. They were steadily growing larger. That meant less meat. There would have to be another way to eat. He had found some edible berries that Nido, his Pokemon, enjoyed. Other than the food problem, he had no idea what to do. Should he go out and meet that other person? Or should he kill them? He would have a clear shot. After so many trials, he had finally learned how to spear a Buneary with one spear. How to kill an Aipom with the throw of one stake. The spears he had created were made from branches and some nearby rocks. He took the pen, grabbed some of the leaves and began to write. Then, he took the lighter and began to work.

The note had been put on the spear which was then lit on fire. He threw it far from his tree, on a path heading towards the other side of his tree. The smoke looked as if it had come from the misleading path which made it seem as if he had placed himself there. Then, the note read, "Stay out of my territory." That way, he could egg that person on. Depending on how they reacted to the note, he would know whether to trust them or not. He looked at the watch on his hand.

"Hey. Any info on that incoming person?" he tapped it constantly. "What about another mission? I'm itching for some entertainment."

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • The snow that swirled on the wind had begun to build up on Calixte's sweater, in her hair, on her shirt. She brushed it away as quickly as she could; if it melted and her clothes got wet, she would only face the cold more violently than she did already and frostbite would become a much more prominent danger. But despite her best efforts her hair in particular was damp before she knew what had happened. It was then she decided that she needed to find some better covering, something with a hood. Just as that thought entered her head the watch that she had fastened to her belt loop emitted static of the sort that came when a television was left on a channel with no signal.

"Why, hello my dear," the voice spoke once more in a familiar fashion that made her narrow her eyes viciously. "It is good to see that you're already off to a good start. You even have some extra food for the times ahead. although I can't say I approve of Buneary, there are some much tastier options available for you. Wouldn't you prefer some rare Timber Mightyena? This is one of the few places in the world where you can find them, and I hear that they are a most delectable delicacy. Ahh... But I am not here to talk to you about food number four. I wish to speak of the Game. I know you haven't had much time to experience it, but I feel I must ask, are you enjoying it? I aim to please."

"Shut up," she hissed. Strangely, she didn't feel stupid for talking to no one. "Go enjoy yourself."

Just as she had begun to resume her search for a proper tree she heard a click that echoed through the entire forest. She paused dead in her tracks. Although she had never heard that sound before in real life, she knew it to be the click of a rifle. Considering the fact that there were others present somewhere it was entirely possible that they were armed better than she, and had it out for her. Even if that wasn't the case if she wasn't careful she might accidentally be shot. Her eyes shifted from left to right in search of the individual in possession of the firearm. Though she couldn't see them she wasn't going to just let it slide. Whether they had intended her harm or not from the moment she realized that there was someone close she decided that she meant them harm. As far as she was concerned this was her area, and she needed all of its resources for survival.

Calixte stepped forward just enough that the laser from the rifle shone off of the trunk of a nearby tree for a fraction of a second, but just long enough for her to realize that it had been trained on her. She went into complete survival mode then. Once she found the owner of the rifle it would be kill or be killed, and she knew well which option she would be taking. But she couldn't try to approach them with such poor camouflage. The voice had mentioned Timber Mightyena in the area. Likely, those could be just what she needed. But first she needed to do what she had first set out to with the Buneary. Right behind her was a fir tree with two low branches. She grasped them tightly and pulled herself up onto the lowest one, testing its strength the entire time. Slowly she went up into the next highest, further and further until she was about halfway up and covered in such thick needles that it would be near impossible to see her from a distance. There she seated herself comfortably, back against the trunk, and laid the string of Buneary over the branch. From the scabbard on her belt loop she pulled the knife and untied one of the Buneary from the string. She held its body and its neck at an angle and slit its throat. It had been dead for a while, but not so long that the blood didn't spill forth quickly. She held it at that angle as she waited for the flow to stop. It took several minutes, but when it stopped she laid it down on the branch on the dorsal side, like a dissection specimen, and carried the incision at the neck all the way down the body cavity. Unconcerned about the bodily fluids that coated her fingers, she rolled up her sleeves and began to gut the baby. All of its entrails, she set aside. Though she refused to eat them they may become useful to her in the future. Once the body cavity was empty she caught the pelt just under the skin and began separating it from the muscle. After several minutes of work she separated the pelt from the body entirely and set that aside to work with later. The skinless, gutted body was ready for eating, but it wasn't time to eat it yet. So she began work on the second body. One after another they went, until she came to the one that she had killed by poison. She couldn't eat that one, but she knew what could. Calixte skinned this one, but she didn't drain it. She wanted the blood to make it seem more edible. She did, however, open the body cavity and insert several of the poisonous berries just in case. Her target this time was much larger than a Buneary and would probably require a larger dose.

Her hands were sticky, disgusting, and bloody, but she wasn't done yet so she didn't worry about cleaning them. Instead she climbed down to a lower branch with the poisoned Buneary and all of the entrails, sucked air into her lungs, and gave a long, wavering howl. An answering howl sounded in the distance. Encouraged, Calixte howled again. Gradually she heard the almost inaudible sound of paws on the snow. A morbid grin curved her lips. The voice hadn't been lying about the presence of Mightyena. As they came into sight she saw that he also had been right about the color. They were, as the Buneary had been, white. The unique color fascinated her. She picked up one of the organs and threw it down at the snow. A single head came into perfect view. She furrowed her brow in confusion; Mightyena were well known to be pack animals. But she wouldn't question her luck. Perhaps it had simply been excluded from the pack for poor behavior, or maybe it was an alpha male who had been bested by a younger, stronger challenger. And soon it would not even be that.

She threw down the entrails bit by bit to keep him interested. Finally, she allowed the skinned, poisoned Buneary to fall to the snowy ground. The Mightyena yelped with excitement and tore into the carcass like it hadn't eaten in a month. As it finished it with one last snap it grew rigid and began coughing. Foam dripped from its mouth and it dry heaved, its eyes rolling back in its head. Calixte jumped down then, landing on the back of the wolf with her knees against his spine, snapping the bones. It cried out in agony and writhed on the ground, unable to react. Calixte grabbed it by the ears, pulled its head back, and slit its throat. She held it in place as it thrashed under her. Slowly its movements grew more feeble until it lay still. For a few minutes after that she held it still just to make sure. Once she was sure she released it, then turned it on its back with some difficulty and quickly began butchering it the same way she had the Buneary. She couldn't dawdle for even a second, with other Mightyena likely close by. They wouldn't care about the difference between the blood drenched body of their own kind, and her.

As the skin came loose from the body she released her Sewaddle.

"Tie the back legs together and make a string long enough to hang it from the tree," she ordered. Although he didn't want to obey, he remembered her prior warning and did so reluctantly. Calixte threw the long end of the string over the lowest branch, caught it, and began pulling. As she did the carcass rose out of reach. She tied it to a gnarled root so that it wouldn't slip, then began work with the pelt. She threaded strings through tiny holes in the skin and stretched it between two trees to give it time to dry. That done, she climbed back up into the tree with her Sewaddle clutched to the back of her sweater and sat down on the branch where her Buneary furs and bodies were. She stretched them the same way she had the Mightyena pelt, from the branch she was on to the branch above her. The bodies, she tied to the branch securely to make sure they didn't fall off. For now she had no way to make fire, which she would need to cook the meat. But perhaps the person with the rifle had a lighter, or a flint. Anything that could aid her would be delectable and certainly worth going after. That thought in mind, she recalled the larva.

In predator mode now, she looked over at the nearest tree to her. It was within jumping distance if she didn't hesitate. And now was not the time for hesitation. She kicked off of the branch with all her strength and landed in the next tree. From there she climbed up to the highest branch she could and peeked out. The sniper was no longer where he likely had been before, but she was fairly certain he was in the vicinity. She went on like that, going from tree to tree, until she came to the site where she had taken the young Buneary from. She could see a tall man in black leaving the scene, two adult Buneary fleeing ahead of him. Whether he was the sniper or not he still had to go. She released her Gastly and whispered, "Take him down. You can feed on his fears, sadness, reservations, whatever he may possess."

Encouraged by the thought of such sustenance, the Gastly allowed her body to become faint and floated down to the man in black. Her purple vapors surrounded his body before he could react. As he toppled to the ground Gastly grew larger as though his knowledge of impending death were steroids to her. Calixte jumped down then and Gastly retreated. "You've been following me, have you?" she commented, noting that he did indeed own a sniper rifle. "You didn't know what you were getting yourself into."

But before she could do anything further he grimaced and his eyes rolled back in his head. She faltered then; he appeared to be dead, and there was no visible cause of death. But after she kicked him a few times in the most sensitive parts of his body and he didn't react she determined that his termination had been legitimate. She fell to her knees and began work stripping him of his jacket, shirt, shoes, rifle, and absolutely anything she could find a use for.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • First Post, yo:)

"He-lloo Contestant!" a voice boomed, and Jemima was ripped from her peaceful oblivion that was unconsciousness violently. Her eyes darted around the strange room as soon as she realized that she was not in a familiar place.

"H-Hello?" she called, trying to sit up. Her breathing quickened as she realized that she could not move hand nor foot, she felt like she weighted thousands of pounds. She was aware of her body parts, but it was impossible to move them.

She began to panic, her breathing shallow and gasping as she struggled to move anything besides her eyes and nostrils as they flared in her fright.

The voice chuckled softly over the intercom, which made Jemima freeze.

"Don't worry too much about the paralysis, it will wear off in a few minutes." he assured the frightened teenager, who was anything but assured at the moment. "BUT FIRST, I have to explain the game to you."

Jemima's childlike senses were piqued. A game? Well, that couldn't be malicious, if it was just a simple game.

As the intercom's voice went on, Jemima realized slowly, and to her great horror, that this wasn't the simple, innocent game that she had first expected it to be.

Eliminate? Threat? Kill? These words were not some of the words that Jemima was very familiar with in her everyday life. In fact, Jemima was all but completely naive to these types of situations. And to be suddenly into this type of situation.... well, it would certainly mean that Jemima had to grow up awful fast.

Jemima followed the voice's instructions, and was relieved to find that she could, in fact, sit up. She rubbed her tingling limbs as she curled into a ball in the middle of the room, her eyes resuming their darting about, looking for a way out.

The voice cut out for a stiff-sounding woman's voice. Jemima started at the sudden change, but tried to listen intently through her fear.

"The Game begins in 3... 2... 1..." the second voice counted down, then disappeared all together as the black pedestal, as promised, rose out of the ground.

The room was silent as Jemima stared at the pedestal warily, but seeing as she had no other option, she slowly crawled on all fours to the black box within, and opened it.

She first pulled out two Pokeballs. She her face flickered into a half smile fleetingly, she had worked with Pokemon all her life. This gave her a boost in hope.

She threw the two into the air slowly, bu only one was occupied. She collected the empy one as a Pokemon materialized.

It was an adorable Deerling. It cooed at her as it emerged, but kept its' distance. Jemima held out her hand to it, and it slowly approached her after a few seconds of staring, allowing Jemima to pet it softly.

"A beautiful little girl." Jemima cooed softly, rubbing its' head and ears in comfort. Deerling gave a sound of appreciation. Jemima recalled the little Pokemon quickly, in fear that there could be danger for it in here.

Next, she pulled out three magazines, their topics all on survival for beginners. Jemima set them aside and pulled out the four Protein bars, Potion, and strange stone within. She was confused by the stone, but managed to pack all her new belongings into her sweatpants and hoodie's pockets, setting the more important things in the bottom.

She glanced back into the box, and saw a small, black watch on the bottom of the container. She tenatively reached in and pulled it out. She inspected it, the time shown digitally in the dark room.

Jemima, suspecting no foul play, clasped it on quickly. Immediately, it clamped onto her wrist violently. She shrieked and fell back, trying to pry the piece of metal off her wrist.

She started to hyperventilate in fright as she found the more she struggled, the tighter the watch became on her wrist.

As soon as the pain in her wrist was almost unbearable, she restrained herself, and the watch loosened back to normal as soon as she quit struggling.

She calmed her breathing, and glared at the inanimate object childishly.

Jemima bit her lip as she stared around the room. 'Now what?' she thought, fearing that they had forgotten about her and she would be locked in this room forever.

As if on cue, a panel slid up slowly on the other side of the small room, and a blast of white-hot air rushed into the room.

Jemima shut her eyes against the intense heat, and the chill that ran down her spine was obviously from fear and not cold.

It was a great expanse of desert.

She stepped into the blazing sunlight carefully, and jumped as the door slammed down shu behind her, locking her out of its air-conditioned comfort.

Jemima felt tears coming, and let a few drift down her face. What could she do? She felt more alone now than she ever had before. The air was agonizingly still and dry, the heat of the sand she could feel through the soles of her heavy-duty running shoes.

She had no idea what to do or where she could start. She was scared and alone.

She was afraid to call out her new Deerling, for it was Grass type, and this terrain could be hard on it.

Jemima bit her lip as she decided to stumble forward, into the great expanse of desert.

She had never had to do anything this extreme for herself, scavenge for food, find water and shelter.

But her childish nature held on to the hope that this was all just a big joke, that the man behind the intercom would come get her, and tell her it was just a prank, and she would be headed home.

Home...

She didn't even remember where that was.

In fact, Jemima couldn't even remember her own name.

She clutched at her clothing in panic, what had they done to her! She couldn't remember anything other than her gender and age.

No, it wasn't these people's faults. They were probably.... No. Not even innocent, gentle, patient Jemima could think up a good excuse for these peoples' actions.

Jemima crossed her arms, and stepped out of the meager shade of the small metal building behind her. She walked into the blindingly hot sunlight, head down and t-shirt pulled up over her sensitive neck.

She walked and stumbled through the boiling mounds of sand, no shade or sourced of water as far as she could see. Only sand, sand, and more sand.

Jemima felt tears well up again, but continued to trudge through the endless sand.

Back