• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theme Deck.......?

Raitheon

C++ Coder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    Hi, I'm going to play at a pokemon league and I wanted to get a deck, a platnium deck. Which is better? Florish or Rebellion? Also, do many girls play at league?

ゴンベ

Credit For Drew For The Avi.
    Years
    I'd Pick The Florish One But It's Up To You .. What Kind Of Deck Do You Want?
    Also Their Are Some But Mostly Male I Think . xD

Munchy

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Neither, buy one as a base after studying them, and get your own cards from booster packs, and swap cards and whatnot. Play with a straight theme deck and you'll get dominated.

riskbreakers

Bang!
    Years
    Eh... theme decks are okay, but not great. Leagues tend to run what's dominate in the meta-game, which is kind of uncool, because they're all serious.

Not true. I am a competitive player and I tend to run weird things during league. Not everyone there is serious and thinks only about winning.

Nitrous Oxide is right though. Don't think of using theme decks during tournaments. It won't do you good.

TearsofanUchiha

What do you know about me?
    Years
    I second Riskbreakers statement.

I played Dusknoir/Staraptor at league for fun. Two Stage Two's with no synergy whatsoever. I too am a Competitive Player, and just because I'm competitive doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. :F

Nitrous Oxide is correct, however. Don't go to the store, buy a theme deck, and be on your way to a tournament. Work hard at it.

riskbreakers

Bang!
    Years
    I second Riskbreakers statement.

I played Dusknoir/Staraptor at league for fun. Two Stage Two's with no synergy whatsoever. I too am a Competitive Player, and just because I'm competitive doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. :F

Nitrous Oxide is correct, however. Don't go to the store, buy a theme deck, and be on your way to a tournament. Work hard at it.

Don't worry, I plan on running a 4-4 Stage One, 4-4 Claydol on a mini-tournament just for the heck of it >:]

<3

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    mehhh they are both crap. x-x Bought 5 boxes of EACH and at LEAST 5 in all of them were fake. (The good ones. =P)

Back