• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Themed Challenge

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years

[themed challenge]

by facekeyboarding
--
The themed challenge is a great way to use new Pokémon, and to breathe new life into your old games! Basically, you follow the sign up, and you choose a theme. Each theme has a list of Pokémon in it, and using that list I will randomly generate a six Pokémon team for you. I will take care to ensure that these Pokémon are accessible not only in your game, but at a good time in your game. Edit: Am I alone in this challenge? :P Also, thanks to Sydian for approving this, I had some deep rooted fear I'd be rejected.

Rules
1. No hacks ever, unless I specifically say it's allowed.
2. Trades are banned.
3. Breeding is a no-no.
4. HM Slaves are totally allowed.
5. You're *not* done until the credits roll, and even then you get brownie points for beating the post-game. Tell me if you plan on doing the challenge mode, so I can include it in the challenger listing.
6. Please do not change your team without notifying me first.
7. Bold the fifth word in your sign up so I know you've read these rules.

Prizes
These will go in order of who completes the challenge first. Every participant will get a little signature ribbon (yet to be made.) If you're in the lead, and then have to leave for a valid reason, PM me and we can talk about you still getting your prize.
1. I'll edit any image for you. A link to your tumblr/DA/blog/whatever will be featured prominently on my tumblr, which gets about 30 unique hits a day. Additionally, you'll be in my signature.
2. You'll be on my tumblr, and in my signature.
3. You'll be in my signature.
4 and under. You get insane street creds.

Themes
All themes include a starter as a second option, which you aren't forced to use.
1. Grunt Theme, which includes (but is not limited to) Rattata, Zubat, Drowzee, Grimer, Ekans, Machop, Stunky, Purrloin, Patrat, Sandile, Trubbish, Scraggy, Seviper, Pawniard, Deino, Whirlipede, Croagunk, Houndour, Murkrow, Poochyena, Numel, Baltoy, Carvahna, and Crawdaunt.
2. Psychout Theme , which includes (but is not limited to) Abra, Wobbufett, Mr. Mime, Ralts, Spoink, Solosis, Gothita, Elgyem, Cresselia, Chingling, Lunatone, Solrock, Staryu, Bronzor, Shuppet, Duskull, Yamask, Litwick, Frillish, Froslass, Golett. These are Pokémon that are psychic-seeming, not just psychic and ghost types.
3. Earth Fire Water Air Theme - Elemental and temporal Pokemon only!
4. Serpentine Theme - All of the generated Pokemon will be snakes, or have something to do with snakes.
5. Gym Theme - Your generated Pokemon will be one from each of the first six gyms in the region.
6. Cute Theme - All Pokemon will be considered cute by the game (drifloon, plusle, minun, pichu, etc)
7. Halloween Theme - Creepy crawly, hooky spooky...
8. Fairy Theme - All Pokemon will be fairy and space related.
9. Multicolor Theme - All Pokemon will be incredibly colorful.
10. Random Theme - One of these themes will be chosen at random.
11. Marathoner's Theme - Speed oriented Pokemon.
12. Japanese Monsters Theme - Pokemon based off of Japanese Monsters.

I'll do sign up, and then others can simply emulate it:
Username: facekeyboarding
Game: Pokemon White Version
Theme:Psychout Theme
Challenge Edition: Yes
--
Challengers
facekeyboarding (challenge mode)
  • Solosis (Snivy) - Caught
  • Cofagrigus - Caught
  • Munna - Caught
  • Golett
  • Chandelure
  • Jellicent
Bookishangel
Xseed
Janp

Last edited:

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Looks interesting. I'll give it a whirl.

Username:bookishangel
Game:Black
Theme:Random theme
Challenge mode: No thanks

Alright I gotta run and do some homework so here's a pretty quick team:
Theme: Random - Gym Theme
  • Watchog (Tepig)
  • Druddigon
  • Cryogonal
  • Swoobat
  • Seismitoad
  • Whirlipede

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Hi y'all! I've been a little swamped, so sorry for the late update!

Username: xseed
Game: emerald
Theme:cute theme
Challenge Edition: no

Feel free to evolve theme. Or not. It's up to you.
  • Skitty
  • Minun
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Wynaut
  • Torchic

Username: Janp
Game: Sapphire
Theme: Marathoner's Theme
Challenge Edition: No

• Ninjask
  • Electrode
  • Jolteon
  • Crobat
  • Swellow
  • Alakazam (Sceptile)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for team, but there is a little problem... In Sapphire version, it's impossible to get Eevee, so I couldn't get Jolteon... Also, as trades are banned, I can't get Alakazam, because he needs trade to evolve...

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Thanks for team, but there is a little problem... In Sapphire version, it's impossible to get Eevee, so I couldn't get Jolteon... Also, as trades are banned, I can't get Alakazam, because he needs trade to evolve...

My bad! You can play Kadabra as NFE, or use your starter, which was put against Alakazam for that reason. Replace Jolteon with Starmie :)

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years

• Skitty
  • Minun
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
    [*] Wynaut
  • Torchic

okay thanks. may start this weekend or tomorrow. the only problem though is that I have never caught a wynaut before nor have seen the island before so I may never catch him lol.do you think its possible if I can get another pokemon instead of him or will I just have to tough it out and try lol

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years

• Skitty
  • Minun
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
    [*] Wynaut
  • Torchic

okay thanks. may start this weekend or tomorrow. the only problem though is that I have never caught a wynaut before nor have seen the island before so I may never catch him lol.do you think its possible if I can get another pokemon instead of him or will I just have to tough it out and try lol

There's a Wynaut egg built into Emerald! Talk to an old lady in front of the spa in lavaridge town.

Ok, so my final team will be:

• Ninjask
  • Electrode
  • Starmie
  • Crobat
  • Swellow
  • Sceptile

Thanks, starting tomorrow...

No problem! :)

Years
I thought that I posted update few days ago, but it looks like I totally didn't. So here it is:

Spoiler:

Also, I'm not on my PC (and I won't be for few days) and I don't remember my team :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Username: Duncey
Game: Pokemon White 2 Version
Theme: Random Theme
Challenge Edition: What is it...?

Years
Am I only one doing this challenge?

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Yeah, this was good challenge, thanks facekeyboarding :)

DT

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
Sounds interesting. But I have a question. Could you choose six Pokemon from a variation of one of the 12 themes? In fact, I would like to try a team made of cats only, or of something related to them. I could you use some cheats or the program which changes the starter, in order the build a team. In any case, here are the required informations.

Username: DT
Game: Pokemon White Version
Theme: Cat Theme (a suggested variation of "Cute Theme")
Challenge Edition: Yes

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Username:DaReaper
Theme: Japanese Monsters
Version: White
Challenge type: Single

Back