• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Themes

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Each gen has had several themes, the following are just a few I can think of from the top of my head;
    Gen I had the theme of modernity
    Gen II had the theme of history behind it's setting
    Gen III had the theme of land, sea, and sky being connected.
    Gen IV had the theme of history too.
    Gen V was Truth and Ideals
    Gen VI is similar to Gen III in that it's about the links of nature. It also seems to focus a lot on friendship. OrAs introduce that an ending is just the beginning of something new.

Now, what do you think the theme of Sun and Moon will be?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Definitely going to say (and hope) for a space theme, it would fit perfectly with Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. They could throwback to Team Galactic and focus around the celestial bodies. This could also tie in with a sci-fi theme, Magearna is already known to be the manmade Pokemon so perhaps technology and machinery will play a big role in the games?

Last edited:

Years
  • Definitely going to say (and hope) for a space theme, it would fit perfectly with Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. They could throwback to Team Galactic and focus around the celestial bodies. This could also tie in with a sci-fi theme, Magearna is already known to be the manmade Pokemon so perhaps technology and machinery will play a big role in the games?
    I would love a throw back to Team Galactic.

Maybe they could be named after stars. Perhaps a famous constellation like the big dipper's stars.

Years
  • The sun and moon are often thought of as opposites, but they can be in the sky at the same time so maybe the theme will be something along the lines of people who normally don't get along coming together, overcoming differences, finding common ground, something like that.

Years
  • The sun and moon are often thought of as opposites, but they can be in the sky at the same time so maybe the theme will be something along the lines of people who normally don't get along coming together, overcoming differences, finding common ground, something like that.
    Right, Masuda's tweet might also have hinted at that.

I think that one of the themes might be fate and destiny. The sun, moon, planets and stars are associated with the fate of people in Astrology.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The "theme" for this generation?

What do you want the "theme" of this generation to be? Sun and Moon kinda makes me think it'll be a celestial or astronomy theme, but I'd love to see it be heavy on the zodiac, all of them! The Eastern and Western Zodiac... that'd be cool.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I'm leaning towards celestial/astronomy theme. Given that I'm getting a sci-fi vibe from what we know (Volcanion and Magearna), perhaps it may be a theme of energy (solar/lunar; light and heat in general).

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • I'm iffy on Astrology, though it's a reasonable thing to speculate.

I'm iffy on it because that's what Gen 3 was kind of centered around, with the Space Center and all, you trying to stop that asteriod in the post-game, but then again.. maybe it makes sense due to ORAS being the last release

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    By theme, do you mean story-wise? Because having (legendary) Pokémon based thematically on astrology, Eastern and/or Western, would be super cool, I've gotta admit! But story-wise, I don't see how that could come to fruition.

It's difficult because the titles "Sun" and "Moon" seem to imply themes in and of themselves, the most obvious ones being in regards to life and death cycles, but X & Y already did that. And even space(-time) was done by DPP. I'm not sure what other themes can be extracted from these titles alone that hasn't already been done by other Pokémon games. So unless Sun & Moon have major ties to X & Y, I'm thinking the titles may not actually be all that indicative of what the story has to offer (similar to DPP).

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Definitely thinking something space-related. From the logos, it looks very celestial, with its stars and everything. As rivvon mentioned, the titles may give away too much, though. c;

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I wouldn't be surprised if they go with the Greek mythology again, yeah looking at you Apollo and Selene.

SM seems to be using Singapore as the base of our new region. Therefore, Asian myths and folklore will be most likely used as well. There's The Ten Sun and Hou Yi from the Chinese community too, so this should be interesting.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'm expecting a shift in power in the reigion, a mix of urban and rural. Rich and poor you may say. Help make them see eye to eye.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm expecting a shift in power in the reigion, a mix of urban and rural. Rich and poor you may say. Help make them see eye to eye.

I can see our legendary mascots as the deity for the day and night, for their respective versions.

Though I'm hoping it's not gonna be as cheap as the villain teams planning to dominate the world and threaten us with endless days or nights. That kinda plot should remain in XY. Otherwise they are wasting a good day/night theme.

Back