• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theoretically, say they reboot the anime...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • No, not Best Wishes, as in completely re-imagining the Pokemon anime... how would you reboot it? Would you make it more like the games, manga, or would you like to see the story completely retold? I feel like Pokemon Origins tried to be this way, but didn't do it well do to the length.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I hated Origins but I have a certain reason or should I say person for that. I feel the anime just needs to be more plot focused and longer and things would be good.

Guest123_x1

I'd reboot the anime by putting in a new primary protagonist, preferably the male player character from the featured region's primary paired games (retroactively, Calem from Kalos, Hilbert or Nate for Unova, and so on.) Keeping Ash around while switching out his partners every region has gotten stale by now. Time for a change!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • There's a couple different ways you could reboot the anime depending on what you wanted to do. If you're going for the advertisement route, you could have something similar to the current anime but with the main protagonists of the games going on journeys instead of Ash, with the protagonists being shuffled around as new games are released. You could also just make a new anime with brand new characters and storylines taking places in existing regions or in brand new ones, completely separate from the games barring cameos and usage of already existing settings and Pokemon. I'd like either one but I'd personally like having something brand new more, as there's a lot of potential for storylines revolving around people that aren't Ash or the protagonists of the games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I feel like that Ash and Pikachu have been the main characters for so long that if there was to be a reboot it would just feel really strange to not have them there. I would have the reboot take place some time later, with Ash serving as a mentor to the new main character making reoccurring appearances.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I'd reboot the anime by putting in a new primary protagonist, preferably the male player character from the featured region's primary paired games (retroactively, Calem from Kalos, Hilbert or Nate for Unova, and so on.) Keeping Ash around while switching out his partners every region has gotten stale by now. Time for a change!

If they did this I would hope they do each gender per gen. Like male lead one,female the next. Always bugged me how tons of girls are into pokemon,yugioh,digimon etc and they never really have girl leads.

Heck I would settle for Ash just having a main rival that was a female. I know people use the shonen is for males thing but really can we still say that? I have seen tons of girls into it. But yeah we need a new hero. no hate to Ash but I feel people would give the series a lot less hate if we got a new lead. Plus a fresh face would be nice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I think that if they were going to replace Ash as the main character it should've/would've been done a long time ago, like after Master Quest or even earlier. They're kind of stuck with him until they end the show because he's been there for everything and it would be a totally different show without Ash and Pikachu as the main characters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    If they were to replace Ash they would have done that after Kanto I seriously doubt that Ash will ever be replaced. Ending the anime is more likely.

Back