• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Theory] Diancie and Anistar City's Sundial

What do you think about my theory? (Be honest please)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
  • [Theory] Diancie and Anistar City's Sundial

Now that Diancie has finally been officially announced, I can Finally talk about my theory between Diancie and Anistar City's Sundial.
    I was spoiled and found out about Diancie ages ago and I couldn't help noticing that the Pink Crystal thing on Diancie looked very similar to the pink Crystal of Anistar City's Sundial.
    there was also a girl in Anistar City talking about how there would probably be a treasure at the tip of the Sundials shadow if it was in a mystery novel. so maybe you need Diancie to show the tip of the Sundials shadow and then you would be able to collect the treasure.
    Also. in the picture of Diancie below, around the big Diancie there are pictures of Diancie in the game. there is a Picture in the bottom left corner. So unless my eyes are deceiving me, that is Anistar City's Sundial!
    [Theory] Diancie and Anistar City's Sundial

well that's my theory of Diancie and Anistar City's Sundial.
    what do you think of my theory?

(Lol. I'm bad at explaining theorys {XD})

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Is it safe to say its female? I think it has some relation to Carbink, maybe a Queen or something.
    But yeah, what you said makes sense, we will see in due time though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2015
    Woah, I didn't notice the bottom corner before. It does look like anistar's sundial. There are a lot of things in X and Y that aren't explained or they are mysterious, so it'd be great if Diancie was connected to the treasure supposedly on the sundial. Maybe a new mega stone? Since you have to touch the sundial to find them?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • well diancie is meant ot star in the upcoming movie, and the upcoming movie is meant to focus/feature mega evolutions, and the sundial is used to locate mega stones in game, so i'd say they're related/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think they'll involve the Latis here...unless they appear in the movie and have yet to be announced as they'll make perfect events for RS remakes once they finish off releasing Hoopa and Volcanion for Z (if they use the gen IV order of games and events).

Years
  • I don't think they'll involve the Latis here...unless they appear in the movie and have yet to be announced as they'll make perfect events for RS remakes once they finish off releasing Hoopa and Volcanion for Z (if they use the gen IV order of games and events).

If the latis appear in a movie I suspect it will be a pikachu short at best. I don't see them being as big of a deal anime wise as volcanion & hoopa and diancie I mean because they aren't new Pokémon, and why would they code them in this game but wait til ruby and sapphire remakes... we more than likely still have an instalment to kalos.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • The image at the bottom left isn't Anistar City's Sundial, it's Diancie using an attack (hyperbeam to be exact). I seen much better scans of the magazine than this one somewhere else, i'll post again if i find them :)

**Update** looks like Serebii updated their page as well with the better images:

Spoiler:

Yep, looks like Hyperbeam, also above it looks like it's just about to start using Explosion, which is a confirmed move that it can learn.

Further more, i doubt that Diancie is related to the Anistar Sundial because if you notice in the movie poster above, That appears to be the Glittering Cave (maybe reflection cave) in the background.. Also some of the translated info states in regard to Diancie, that the movie is "A grand adventure with the princess of the Diamond Mine Country". So this alone probably tells us that Diancie is from a cave (a diamond mine). I have my money on Glittering cave, since that is the only cave in X&Y that is also a Mine and has crystals/diamonds.

Also as for the 12 Mega evolutions taking place in the movie, also isn't related to Anistar, instead since Yveltal is going to be the movie's Badguy and probably destroying towns and all, and Diancie being the movie's good guy, that Diancie will probabyl have a hard time trying to fend off/stop Yveltal, so in order to put a stop to Yveltal, the Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite 4 Champion with mega stones, etc will have to unite and Mega Evolve their Pokemon to stop Yveltal :P Also if the movie does take place in a mining town, maybe the ones without mega stones, will end up finding the mega stones for their Pokemon amongst the destruction.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The image at the bottom left isn't Anistar City's Sundial, it's Diancie using an attack (hyperbeam to be exact). I seen much better scans of the magazine than this one somewhere else, i'll post again if i find them :)

**Update** looks like Serebii updated their page as well with the better images:

Spoiler:

Yep, looks like Hyperbeam, also above it looks like it's just about to start using Explosion, which is a confirmed move that it can learn.

Further more, i doubt that Diancie is related to the Anistar Sundial because if you notice in the movie poster above, That appears to be the Glittering Cave (maybe reflection cave) in the background.. Also some of the translated info states in regard to Diancie, that the movie is "A grand adventure with the princess of the Diamond Mine Country". So this alone probably tells us that Diancie is from a cave (a diamond mine). I have my money on Glittering cave, since that is the only cave in X&Y that is also a Mine and has crystals/diamonds.

Also as for the 12 Mega evolutions taking place in the movie, also isn't related to Anistar, instead since Yveltal is going to be the movie's Badguy and probably destroying towns and all, and Diancie being the movie's good guy, that Diancie will probabyl have a hard time trying to fend off/stop Yveltal, so in order to put a stop to Yveltal, the Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite 4 Champion with mega stones, etc will have to unite and Mega Evolve their Pokemon to stop Yveltal :P Also if the movie does take place in a mining town, maybe the ones without mega stones, will end up finding the mega stones for their Pokemon amongst the destruction.
    But when you take gene sect to the fossil lab to get the drives the guy in there said that gene sect are rumored to be in glittering cave. I'm not speculating here but if we know pokemon games you know what the that pretty much means. Now if they planned on putting two event legends tied to glittering cave that's cool too. However I still have my hopes up for map expanding dlc via couriway railway

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said:
    I don't think they'll involve the Latis here...unless they appear in the movie and have yet to be announced as they'll make perfect events for RS remakes once they finish off releasing Hoopa and Volcanion for Z (if they use the gen IV order of games and events).

scprepschool said:
    If the latis appear in a movie I suspect it will be a pikachu short at best. I don't see them being as big of a deal anime wise as volcanion & hoopa and diancie I mean because they aren't new Pokémon, and why would they code them in this game but wait til ruby and sapphire remakes... we more than likely still have an instalment to kalos.

Latis wont be in the movies at all, the 12 megas have already been revealed which will appear in the movie, also i am sure gamefreak will save the latis event for and in-game only event down the line, however as for the Pikachu Short, it's kinda revealed which legendaries will be in that one: Darkrai, Jirachi, Manaphy, & Victini as seen on the promo poster (and also for the giveaway JPN is doing in relation to the short):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2015
    But when you take gene sect to the fossil lab to get the drives the guy in there said that gene sect are rumored to be in glittering cave. I'm not speculating here but if we know pokemon games you know what the that pretty much means. Now if they planned on putting two event legends tied to glittering cave that's cool too. However I still have my hopes up for map expanding dlc via couriway railway

There are other hints like that though too, like the girls saying something about a lava dome pokemon in jaune plaza. So I'm wondering if there aren't a lot of hidden places for legendaries? Although I suppose genesect would come about from an event where as heatran or Diancie might actually be hidden. I agree about the dlc thing too!

Years
  • Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said:
    I don't think they'll involve the Latis here...unless they appear in the movie and have yet to be announced as they'll make perfect events for RS remakes once they finish off releasing Hoopa and Volcanion for Z (if they use the gen IV order of games and events).

Latis wont be in the movies at all, the 12 megas have already been revealed which will appear in the movie, also i am sure gamefreak will save the latis event for and in-game only event down the line, however as for the Pikachu Short, it's kinda revealed which legendaries will be in that one: Darkrai, Jirachi, Manaphy, & Victini as seen on the promo poster (and also for the giveaway JPN is doing in relation to the short):

Spoiler:
    I meant in a future movie for the kalos region, they aren't gonna make just one movie

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years

Spoiler:

well it looks like my theory has been proven wrong. but I thought it was a good theory anyway :)

I like your theory, and I don't think it's disproven. What if the bad guys do something to the Sun Dial to prevent the protagonists from rising up with their mega evolutions, but then Diancie reveals how itself can act in place of the Sun Dial? Perhaps similar to how the Manaphy movie involved returning Manaphy to the Temple of the Sea, or how Shaymin movie involved returning to a Flower Paradise (Gracidea Gaden), perhaps Diancie will start from either Reflecting Cave or the Sun Dial and need to return to the other. Consider how Shaymin is connected to Floarama Town but not found there. And how the setting of a Pokemon movie isn't always the exact same as where you find a pokemon in-game (such as Darkrai being coded to be found on Newmoon Island).

Long story short, I don't think either of your theories should be ruled out, and they can both be at least partially true.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    In-Game Name: Dj
    Friend Code: 0087-3009-7509

If you go around Anistar City there are a few mentions like in the pokemon center the girl on the right says, "They say Anistar's sundial couldn't be manufactured with today's technology. It really makes you wonder how the people and Pokemon from long ago managed to build it. Maybe it was created using the power of a Legendary Pokemon?" There is also a person standing on the right entrance/exit that says, "You know about the mysterious object called the Anistar Sundial, right? Apparently, even the most cutting edge scientific techniques can't break it." Using that info and the coloring of Diancie, witch is pink and all of the diamonds I know that it made are pink, AND the sundial is mostly pink I think you could figure the rest of this out yourself.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sorry, but you can't revive dead threads:

Community Rules said:
    A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered "old". Please do not revive old threads. If there's a topic you're interested in but the thread is too old to be posted in, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums, so check the rules to see if they're exempt. Sticky threads are also usually exempt.

So I'm gonna have to lock this. If you wish to continue talking about this topic, feel free to re-make the thread.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back