• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theory of evolution.... is failing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
  • Those are very good thoughts:P but since this is a topic about evolution failing I guess this can also support a way for evolution to be real

Not one bit. As said before, niether creationism nor Evolution can be used to prove the other never happend. Call those people whatever you like, but there is a reason the Bible lived on for so long.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Accoding to science
    • Dinosaurs existed : 230 - 60 million years ago
    • Dinosaurs owned by meteor: 65million years ago
    • Modern Human race started: approx 200,000 years ago
    According to the Bible
    • All organisms began: 6000years ago 6-10 thousand
    • 2 of each animals taken aboard Noahs ark: approx 2100years ago Try 6-7 thousand
    • Global flood owns everything and everyone else... Creating all dinosaur fossils. (though not rabbit fossils etc.) They have found fossils of animals such as deer and lions
    • Dinosaurs get off the ark, though supposedly they all die soon after because they couldn't survive with the changed environment. Is it really that hard to believe? Such an occurrence would dramatically change Earth's climate.
    • Other animals get by fine. Think about how big Dinosaurs are, and how little other animals are in comparison. Practically all large animals died ( Giant Sloth, Giant Anteate, ect )
    I'm going to go with science on this one.

"And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark." Genesis 7:21-23

That is of course if you actually believe a 40 or 150 day long (Biblical contradictions) global flood occurred, leaving no geological evidence behind.
    Of course, you must be forgetting the layer stretching all over the world with millions of dead fossils trapped in limestone, right?

You phail

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    The ultimate thing here is this. Look, I'm a creationist, so I don't support evolution either way.

The ultimate thing is, we can't prove or disprove either by the true scientific method, so it's all a matter of faith.

Whether creation or evolution, you just have to believe in what you believe is right.

Mooshykris

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Aww Heatran.... okay. Some sources would be nice for this though.

1) All organisms began: 6000years ago 6-10 thousand
    Too bad actually most Evangelical Christians say that the world is 6000 years old, supposedly one can work this out by counting back the years from the death of certain figures. Though even if it was 10,000 years ago.. that's still somewhat recent.
    Although Wikipedia says 6000-10,000 years as well, the reference supporting the Wiki statement only claims that the world is 6000 years old with the necessary calculations (and there's no source for the +4000 years).

Therefore I don't fail. Even still, 10,000 years is way too recent for the earths formation from a scientifical perspective.

2) 2 of each animals taken aboard Noahs ark: approx 2100years ago Try 6-7 thousand
    I got the time of the flood from the Creationist Museum:
    1969987142_2903389bdb.jpg

So either they're wrong about interpretting the Bible and have wasted millions of dollars in the process or you are.

Therefore Creationist Museum fails or you fail. Eitherway not my problem.

3) Global flood owns everything and everyone else... Creating all dinosaur fossils. (though not rabbit fossils etc.) They have found fossils of animals such as deer and lions
    No ones found a fossil of a modern day rabbit next to a dinosaur. If they did, the concept of evolution would be totally screwed.

Seemed I didn't fail there either. [Psst, a source too would be great for this as well.. it sounds quite interesting.]

4)Dinosaurs get off the ark, though supposedly they all die soon after because they couldn't survive with the changed environment. Is it really that hard to believe? Such an occurrence would dramatically change Earth's climate.
    It's not hard to believe a single pair of animals wouldn't survive a global flood. Actually it's more likely that almost nothing would survive a worldwide flood. Seriously.. what's there to eat? What are predators going to eat? Won't their offspring have to inbreed? How would they get from Mount Arat to their new habitats?
    Isn't it more likely that such a massive catastrophe didn't actually happen?

Therefore I don't fail there.

5) Other animals get by fine. Think about how big Dinosaurs are, and how little other animals are in comparison. Practically all large animals died ( Giant Sloth, Giant Anteate, ect )
    Elephant's are large. They lived. Yay.
    Not all dinosaurs are huge. Look at Compsognathus for example. Even Wikipedia has a nice article about Dinosaur sizes.. >_>

I don't phail. I just pwned. :D

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The ultimate thing here is this. Look, I'm a creationist, so I don't support evolution either way.

The ultimate thing is, we can't prove or disprove either by the true scientific method, so it's all a matter of faith.

Whether creation or evolution, you just have to believe in what you believe is right.

Mooshykris

One of the best quotes I have read here. After all, there is no ultimate way to prove anything (points at Do I exist? thread).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    This is starting to take an ugly turn.
    And skewering off-topic again...

Interestingly, only 15% of Americans believe evolution occurred naturally and 30% believe it occured by divine intervention. With a significant majority believing species always have existed as they are.
    (Source: Some US news poll)

It's pretty interesting to compare what other developed countries think, like in this survey:
    060810-evolution_big.jpg

Showing that US ranks pretty low concerning the percentage who accept evolution amongst others.

And that countries which are secular or have a greater number of agnostics/atheists (specifically Denmark, Sweden, Japan, France & UK) have a higher percentage of evolutionists.

I just thought like pointing out the correlation. Since I reckoned early on this thread could get potentially mobbed by mass numbers of theists on this site.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Oh, it was. This really showed me a few things. No sarcasm intended.

However, it's not surprising that the majority of americans believe in creationism. Just watch Family Guy :P

Seriously, most of our history stems from beliefs of creastionism, including that dark time involving Christians that I can't remember in detail.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I doubt they are fake. I think that if we lived 1000 years ago the Church would just choose to ignore this piece of evidence and declare it as heresy. It happened to Galileo when he announced the Earth revolved around the sun.

Most likely this piece of evidence is going to make us change our history books about how humans came to Europe.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Now wait a moment, you actually can't say that at all. It's a theory, and while there is a heap of evidence supporting it, you can't say it's absolutely-positively-undoubtedly true.

Also, you can watch evolution. Just look at the bacteria, viruses and pests that are becoming more and more resilient to our ways of combating them as each generation goes past.

Then of course there's always Pokémon evolution \o/

A theory in science is different than what we normal people percieve a theory to be. In science a theory is, "A hypothesis that continues to be proven true."

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    A theory in science is different than what we normal people percieve a theory to be. In science a theory is, "A hypothesis that continues to be proven true."
    You say that like I haven't studied science or evolution before o.o

Anyway, this thread has veered waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, and since none of you had any real intention of bringing back onto the right track, it's gonna hit a wall.

Nice try though, I commend you all for your efforts *applaud*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back