• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen (Theory) Why there WILL be a RSE remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Instant Classic

Hoenn has more water than Africa
Years
  • Firstly I'd just like to apologise if this is a old/regular/recurring topic, or if this is in the wrong section I've just came back from a LONG hiatus, so I'm slightly rusty, but anyways...

Forget about classing the games within each of their own "generations" and instead, think about them in terms of graphical design. I've listed them in specified tiers.

Tier one: Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal (obviously colour was eventually added but the overall design was pretty much the same)

Tier Two: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Leafgreen/Firered (It was with Ruby/Sapphire that the graphical design was first altered dramatically)

Tier Three: Diamond/Perl/Platinum/Heartgold/Soulsilver/Black/White/Black2/White2 (similar to Gold/Silver/Crystal, the Black and White games had slightly altered/better graphics than their predecessors, but were still generally in the same boat)

Tier Four: X/Y (Hello 3D Pokémon!)

Now what does this have to do with a RSE remake? Well, take a look at the list, Certain games make appearances in more than one tier, AKA: the original game (Red) and the remake (Firered), but this particular remake only came about once we began a new tier. Look at it this way, we had the original games (Red/Blue) in tier one, but when the new graphical design was applied (tier two), red/blue then had this new design applied to them, and Firered/Leafgreen were born. It happened again when Diamond/Perl came about, as the graphical design was once again altered and we had another set of older games: Gold/Silver (tier one) have this new design implemented to them, hello Heartgold/Soulsilver.

This is all one big trend.

Every time the graphical design of Pokemon has improved vastly, we have had that design then implemented onto a game of the previous standard, and then of course X/Y once again changed the overall graphical design of a Pokémon game, and if the trend continues, then Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald WILL have remakes of some sort, and have this new 3D like design applied to them, exactly like X/Y.

Years
  • I like the theory, makes sense, however, when you are assuming something will happen, because logic says so, because there is a sequence in which some parts are in a way repetitive, it can only be applicable for sure if it has happened A LOT of times already. In Pokemon, it has happened only twice with FR/LG and SS/HG.
    Because let's be honest, what else could have they done back then except for remaking games? They couldn't have made a new game with same graphics as in R/S/E or in D/P/Pt, simply cos players want something new. With X/Y, graphics are so much better, and obviously, we could assume that it's only logical that they will remake R/S/E, however, with such a huge potential that 3D brings, they could, if they wanted to, make another new game with a completely different story, and I am not considering Pokemon Z when I am talking about this. I mean something completely new.
    I am saying this, well, cos I like to think about different options.
    But yes, R/S/E would be logical, and awesome, with expansions of course.
    great theory :)

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • In X and Y there is data for Mega Latios and Mega Latias, even though neither were included in the games. I think that's a stronger hint than any we have that we'll be seeing their native Hoenn again.

Pinta77

I like SVEN's idea. It would be nice to have something completely new and fresh. But it would also be equally exciting, or even more exciting to have a full 3d Ruby and Sapphire remake!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Remakes (or are they sequels?) confirmed! There's a whole new forum dedicated to the new games, so go check it out and speculate there. :)

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back