• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There goes my stomach again... but I can't eat!

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I fast for a whole month every year.
    Not because I'm a believer..
    It's because Islam is forced upon me by my parents.

It does wonders for your figure.

And fasting isn't really that hard for Muslims; they get used to it.
    The only thing that get's annoying is a persons mouth drying up, you're allowed to run water through it; just don't swallow.

I don't remember missing out on any physical activities, while I was fasting.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    I would easily be able to pull off fasting for a day. However, I think it's pretty safe to assume that I would reach my breaking point after a few days. xD Though there was one point in my life where I would randomly go a week or so eating very little. I think that was due to the fact that my hunger is surpressed after going a while without eating, and sometimes the hunger didn't return until I ate a lot. o_O But nowadays I can't afford to do that, what with sports and all it's hard enough just to retrain myself form not over eating.

Years
    I'm underweight although I love eating almost as much as my computer, so no. So, even if I - which is very unlikely - wanted to fast, I shouldn't because it would probably be unhealthy for my already low weight.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I'm technically underweight, but the same BMI index had 'Fat' and 'Very Fat' instead of Overweight and Obese, so i'm not trusting it.

I probably could do it for a while, but i have no reason nor compulsion to. I eat quite a lot, and i snack often so i would reach breaking point after a while, but as an Atheist, i have religious reason to fast. I've done it for medical reasons in the past though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    :/ I'd personally think fasting makes you gain weight cause your metabolism and stuff has to adjust and that it's unhealthy. :/ I thought as people, we should be eating 6 small meals a day to keep our body functioning.

I wouldn't wanna fast because I wouldn't want to mess up my body. Eating keeps you healthy (overeating doesn't) but I don't see why someone would let something (even if religion) keep them from being physically healthy.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    Today, because I was in a state of stress-induced panic, I didn't eat anything during the two lunch breaks I had today. I just forgot! I opened up my lunch-box to find my sandwiches sitting there and was quite shocked(!) If I said to myself: "Don't eat for one day!", I probably would to spite myself.

I did once go on a fast for charity, but I had Home Ec. class and didn't want to waste a perfectly good fry-up...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Haha... Unless I'm sleeping the whole day/become nocturnal, I don't think I can fast. XD I may have accidentally done so a few times when there was no food in the house/I was too lazy to make/get anything. Other than that, I have only gone with food for a day once, and that was when I had no appetite, nor did I even felt hunger.

Ayselipera

If I really had to then I think I could. I'd just preoccupy myself with other things. It wouldn't be an enjoyable experiance though. :3

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    I dare not. I don't think I can fast for a day. Maybe couple of hours but maybe if I occupie myself with something busy to do then maybe just maybe I might be able to fast a day.

Back